AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-08, 02:18   Link #21
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Asseylum is another dumb Gundam style fugitive space princess. She's a total expy of Relena Peacecraft with magic powers. Wuv and peace space princess. Not really like Audrey since Audrey never seemed to preach Love and Peace as mush as Asseylum.

I know there has be a space princes closer to her in a mecha anime. The one in Code Geass got capped and she had no psychic powers.

If Asseylum dies, it will be at the end of episode 12... just so Slaine can go nuts and kill a ton of robots with incredible giant robot pilot skills.

If someone will go crazy in a giant robot it has to be Slaine. Crazy is not Inaho's style... he's always calm.
Old 2014-09-08, 05:16   Link #22
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Asseylum is another dumb Gundam style fugitive space princess. She's a total expy of Relena Peacecraft with magic powers. Wuv and peace space princess. Not really like Audrey since Audrey never seemed to preach Love and Peace as mush as Asseylum.

I know there has be a space princes closer to her in a mecha anime. The one in Code Geass got capped and she had no psychic powers.

If Asseylum dies, it will be at the end of episode 12... just so Slaine can go nuts and kill a ton of robots with incredible giant robot pilot skills.

If someone will go crazy in a giant robot it has to be Slaine. Crazy is not Inaho's style... he's always calm.
She no doubt has her routes in the AU style Gundam princesses for sure. The thing with Relena is
Spoiler:

Of course all of this happens over the span of 50 episodes and a movie which Aldnoah.Zero doesn't really have so I wouldn't compare the two too much. The one thing she definitely does seem to have in common with the Gundam style princesses is that she seems pretty resolute and committed to one particular goal from start to finish and pursues it the best she can. I still feel like she isn't really given enough to do though past the first few episodes aside from be nice to people except when occasionally flipping them over and act as a power source for the ship.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:50   Link #23
ReddyRedWolf

Going by the last episode Asseylum has lost faith in her people. Diplomacy is out the window for her now she'll reign them in with an iron fist.

Undoubtedly Slaine will blame Inaho for this as he always jumps into conclusions.

So we may find Asseylum and Slaine on opposing sides. Slaine a terran who is now sympathetic towards the suffering of Martian commoners and Asseylum who is sympathetic towards terran suffering.
Old 2014-09-13, 16:51   Link #24
Thess

She didn't lose faith in her people, she lost faith in the Orbital Knights.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 22:51   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well at least one Orbital Knight. The others in space have been silent so far. I bet they are waiting to see who wins the conflict before committing to one side.
Old 2014-09-13, 22:55   Link #26
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
She didn't lose faith in her people, she lost faith in the Orbital Knights.
I don't know about that. Eddelrittuo mentions that this was only the work of traitors and that Vers worships her, but Asseylum throws that away too. She seems to think it's all her fault and that she's now going even more generally, and is considering not just the knights, but the state of Vers as a whole.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-09-13 at 23:12.
Old 2014-09-13, 23:00   Link #27
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know about that. Eddelrittuo mentions that this was only the work of traitors and that Vers worships her, but Asseylum through that away too. She seems to think it's all her fault and that she's now going even more generally, and is considering not just the knights, but the state of Vers as a whole.
Asselyum doesn't seem to know or acknowledged what the problem is. If she meets Slaine (...at last), he'll shed some light on this because he got the infodump. Likely it'll be a future plotline...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-13, 23:28   Link #28
orion

Quote:
Asselyum doesn't seem to know or acknowledged what the problem is. If she meets Slaine (...at last), he'll shed some light on this because he got the infodump. Likely it'll be a future plotline...
Why Slaine? Saazbaum needs to tell her directly. Rayet already told her. Hearing it from Slaine would just be getting it 3rd person. 3rd person isn't as useful as hearing it from the source.
Old 2014-09-13, 23:31   Link #29
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Why Slaine? Saazbaum needs to tell her directly. Rayet already told her. Hearing it from Slaine would just be getting it 3rd person. 3rd person isn't as useful as hearing it from the source.
Saazbaum will die or not survive for a chat: that's why Slaine was set up to listen what he had to say while he spilled his guts for no real reason. It's also different to listen to an enemy than listen to someone you trust with precedent of being the one person who persuaded Asseylum when she was feeling hopeless.

Old 2014-09-13, 23:32   Link #30
Fjoergyn

Rayet is going to take Slaine away from her. Inaho was a false flag
Old 2014-09-13, 23:34   Link #31
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Don't I wish, I hope we're correct and Rayet and Slaine fight together next episode.

Old 2014-09-14, 00:11   Link #32
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Cagalli x Athrun 2.0 anyone?

Anyways, recalling the OP sequence who's gonna be the lucky person at the receiving end of Asseylum's pistol?
Old 2014-09-14, 04:28   Link #33
Raviel

Crack theory for season 1 ending: the most epic standoff in the entire series

Asseylum: You.....even after I forgave you.....how could you....*clings onto Inaho*

Rayet: This is my revenge *clings onto Slaine*

Inaho: BAAAAAAT!!!

Slain: ORANGEEEEE!!

*4 gunshots are heard then the screen fades to black*

*episode end*

On a more serious note, I guess if Asseylum lives for the second cour then she'll probably grow out of the "generic mecha princess" attitude. I mean she's sort of already showing signs of it already as of the last episode.
Old 2014-09-14, 06:40   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know about that. Eddelrittuo mentions that this was only the work of traitors and that Vers worships her, but Asseylum throws that away too. She seems to think it's all her fault and that she's now going even more generally, and is considering not just the knights, but the state of Vers as a whole.
I think she realizes that the Orbital Knights are a problem, but that they're also symptomatic of deeper issues plaguing Martian society. In other words, she realizes that it's not a simple matter of "Eliminate the Orbital Knights and all is well". No, a governmental system that allows for this sort of unrestrained genocidal warfare is clearly not a good governmental system. Massive changes are necessary.
Old 2014-09-14, 06:46   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
As mentioned Rayet already told her what is wrong with Martian society and has been repeatedly been told by her Martians can't be trusted.

Asseylum feels her people never loved her. Where as the Terrans welcomed her in open arms.

She feels responsible yes but more so that, the reason why Martian society is the way it is now is because of her grandfather and late father. The sins of her fathers is her sin as well as she thinks of it.

Even with her grandfather she has lost faith when he withdrew the ceasefire.

She may not know it but Sazzbaum destroyed all her faith and confidence on Vers.
Old 2014-09-14, 08:12   Link #36
Sixth
Hu Tao

Asseylum will follow Euphinator's step. The difference is she is going to kill Martian instead of Eleven this time and with the support of Eleven.

Can't wait to see Asseylum took a machine gun and massacre the Martian in the Landing Castle.
Old 2014-09-14, 10:52   Link #37
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
As mentioned Rayet already told her what is wrong with Martian society and has been repeatedly been told by her Martians can't be trusted.

Asseylum feels her people never loved her. Where as the Terrans welcomed her in open arms.

She feels responsible yes but more so that, the reason why Martian society is the way it is now is because of her grandfather and late father. The sins of her fathers is her sin as well as she thinks of it.

Even with her grandfather she has lost faith when he withdrew the ceasefire.

She may not know it but Sazzbaum destroyed all her faith and confidence on Vers.
I would say that is a good thing. Considering Sauzbaum feels the same way but in his case he included the Vers royalty along with the knights.

Assylum needs to realize that her own royal family are responsible for shit and once she does maybe she will leave both Inaho and Slaine behind on earth and fly off to Vers to start the change. That pic with Slaine and Inaho being on the ground watching the castle has to be for something.

Hey maybe she will lose all confidence in everyone and turn bad instead of either of the boys.
Old 2014-09-14, 12:09   Link #38
orion

Quote:
Rayet sees the uniform and opens fire. He won't get close to Rayet unless the maid intervenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Cagalli x Athrun 2.0 anyone?

Anyways, recalling the OP sequence who's gonna be the lucky person at the receiving end of Asseylum's pistol?
Slaine. It would be the icing on the cake for him to get shot by the person he idolizes.
Old 2014-09-14, 20:08   Link #39
Death Usagi
Banned

I feel like Asseylum will be more on the offensive from now on instead of being reserved. For one thing, Ep 11 was the first time she actually got seriously pissed.
Old 2014-09-15, 11:27   Link #40
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I feel like Asseylum will be more on the offensive from now on instead of being reserved. For one thing, Ep 11 was the first time she actually got seriously pissed.
She has been shown to be that way before back in episode 3 with Trillram and the "ill-mannered ruffian comment" but it was never really followed up on nor did she ever really seem to question why one of her Vers Knights was behaving in such a manner. It's like this show forgets certain things or just drops them from consideration once it's a couple of episodes removed.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters