AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-29, 12:48   Link #21
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Theory: all those promotional images they had in the website are snapshots of events that happened before the episodes or offscreen. I recall Okisuke's picture in episode 4 to be actually part of this.

I suspect these two are also mean to be pictures in universe (I admittedly dismissed them as simple introduction promo, but not anymore, specially after the published material that shows the Vers as a photo).

Meanwhile these four pictures are likely scenes that happened offscreen: Inaho walking into school in episode 1, Slaine getting ready to pilot his plane in episode 2, Asseylum dressing up in her room before meeting Slaine and going to Earth in episode 1 and Yuki showing the new Aerion model.

Then, there is another set that pities mecha vs mecha which could be more metaphorical than precise. One is Vlad in his Arygyre defending Cruhteo's castle and the other one shows three Sleipnir (Inaho's, Calm's and Inko's most likely) protecting a base at the distance.
I have heard this theory on 4chan, ever since they decided to use a promo image in the last episode, denoting it was an actual event. In that case, I'm guessing the others area also actual events, or they represent actual things in the show itself.

In the pick of the royal family, I'm wondering if Cruhteo and Saazbaum are related to the Emperor in some way? Both seem like natural leaders and other knights seems to gravitate to them. Asseylum stayed professional with Cruhteo, calling him by his title, but that's not completely unusual in royal families. They could be the emperor's nephews or children of family friends. As for Slaine, again, I'm thinking there is a hidden connection between him and the royal family that just hasn't been revealed yet.

As for the one with all the female officers, those are future crewmates I'm guessing. And as you said, all the others look like offscreen events. However, I also find interesting that none of the promo art has gone beyond the first couple of episodes really. Most of it is either before the show started, or until the second episode (with the exception of the crew women shot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-29, 13:03   Link #22
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
In the pick of the royal family, I'm wondering if Cruhteo and Saazbaum are related to the Emperor in some way? Both seem like natural leaders and other knights seems to gravitate to them. Asseylum stayed professional with Cruhteo, calling him by his title, but that's not completely unusual in royal families. They could be the emperor's nephews or children of family friends. As for Slaine, again, I'm thinking there is a hidden connection between him and the royal family that just hasn't been revealed yet.
How about Cruhteo being Asseylum`s uncle on her mother`s side ?
We have heard nothing about her mother yet.
Old 2014-07-29, 14:42   Link #23
Thess

Quote:
As for the one with all the female officers, those are future crewmates I'm guessing. And as you said, all the others look like offscreen events. However, I also find interesting that none of the promo art has gone beyond the first couple of episodes really. Most of it is either before the show started, or until the second episode (with the exception of the crew women shot.
The crew shot is probably also before the war and the first episode, like the other two pictures, because they look too happy to be taken in middle of a war.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-30, 22:35   Link #24
D-Joe

Episode 5 preview

Spoiler for Holy,that first 3 second:
Old 2014-07-30, 23:00   Link #25
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Episode 5 preview

It seems like a flashback to when she saved Slaine and his father. Look at this shot:

Spoiler:

Finally we'll get some backstory. I can't wait.
Old 2014-07-30, 23:21   Link #26
Irenesharda

Wow, those first couple of seconds....and isn't she only 9 or 10 in that flashback scene?

And I know the situation will be more innocent then it looks, but the animators and writers are really reaching here. That is either the stupidest mouth-to-mouth "resuscitation" I've ever seen, or it's an even stupider scene of her trying to give him water. Because, of course, water will definitely get down a person's throat while they're at that angle, by that means. Martian emergency care procedure astounds me.

Anyway, It looks like we'll be getting some backstory next episode as well as more military getting slaughtered via Vlad and Argyre. Although it looks like somebody (probably Inaho) stands up to him.
You know, I know that this is really supposed to be about using the sad mechs to win against overwhelming odd using strategy, however, I hope that Inaho doesn't win this way every time. After the first couple of times it's nice, but just seeing this PV just made me sigh. I can only by him winning against the odds so many times in such a shoddy mech. There is a point where no amount of strategy and tactics is going to help you if you have crappy weapons and equipment to work with. Even Lelouch had to get upgraded mechs for the OBK every so often. And if they keep just trying to hammer Inaho's wonder kid act into the ground, I think even diehard fans of the show such as myself will quickly get tired of it.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It seems like a flashback to when she saved Slaine and his father. Look at this shot:

Spoiler:

So, did Slaine and his father crash land on Mars, in that tiny thing?

And Vers has some nice architecture, though the question is, is it ancient alien, or human made?

Also, more images:

Spoiler for Images:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-07-31 at 00:04.
Old 2014-07-31, 00:00   Link #27
jpwong

Quote:
So, did Slaine and his father crash land on Mars, in that tiny thing?
Hopefully that's just the landing capsule and not the spaceship they used
Old 2014-07-31, 00:09   Link #28
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Hopefully that's just the landing capsule and not the spaceship they used
I really do hope that's an escape pod or something, or else, that's just silly.

I don't see Slaine's father around, did he die in space or on entry to Mars' atmosphere and he ejected Slaine in an escape pod to save his life? And yet also basically leaving his lone Terran son on a hostile Martian planet?

Also, this episode is called "Shadow of the Emperor", I'm guessing he show up eventually? Or maybe he's only in flashback?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-31, 00:14   Link #29
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Spoiler:

That's definitely Slaine. His body is small as hers. I like the Mars buildings too. At last we see a glimpse of Mars.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-31, 00:17   Link #30
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Episode 5 preview

Bring back laser head Kataphrakt!
Old 2014-07-31, 00:55   Link #31
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Wow, those first couple of seconds....and isn't she only 9 or 10 in that flashback scene?

And I know the situation will be more innocent then it looks, but the animators and writers are really reaching here. That is either the stupidest mouth-to-mouth "resuscitation" I've ever seen, or it's an even stupider scene of her trying to give him water. Because, of course, water will definitely get down a person's throat while they're at that angle, by that means. Martian emergency care procedure astounds me.
Agreeing with everything you just said.
First reaction: holy $hit, wtf?
Second reaction: flashback? CPR?
Third reaction: ...this does not look like CPR. How does a 10 year-old know how to kiss like that?

Quote:
Anyway, It looks like we'll be getting some backstory next episode as well as more military getting slaughtered via Vlad and Argyre. Although it looks like somebody (probably Inaho) stands up to him.
You know, I know that this is really supposed to be about using the sad mechs to win against overwhelming odd using strategy, however, I hope that Inaho doesn't win this way every time. After the first couple of times it's nice, but just seeing this PV just made me sigh. I can only by him winning against the odds so many times in such a shoddy mech. There is a point where no amount of strategy and tactics is going to help you if you have crappy weapons and equipment to work with. Even Lelouch had to get upgraded mechs for the OBK every so often. And if they keep just trying to hammer Inaho's wonder kid act into the ground, I think even diehard fans of the show such as myself will quickly get tired of it.
I can't see them pulling an Inaho's-astuteness-saves-the-day every time, otherwise the show would be come a generic villain-of-the-episode type of anime, which they can't do if they really want to "surpass Gundam." Something has to give eventually.
Old 2014-07-31, 01:05   Link #32
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Agreeing with everything you just said.
First reaction: holy $hit, wtf?
Second reaction: flashback? CPR?
Third reaction: ...this does not look like CPR. How does a 10 year-old know how to kiss like that?
It looks like she's giving him water. It's a very common innocent romantic troupe in shoujo which is like CPR but more intimate.

Old 2014-07-31, 01:12   Link #33
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Episode 5 preview

lol if there's one thing this show shows the most consistency in beyond any doubt it's getting your attention with the force of a sledgehammer.

Quote:
Well that's kind of been a concern for sure. I know the show really wants to make outlandish tactics a focus like Code Geass did, but I'm not sure doing it in this way consistently is going to make it stand out in strictly a good way. Particularly because it would become less and less plausible that some kid in a trainer mech is consistently able to do what nobody else can against far superior albeit seemingly gimmicky rather than practical technology with limited resources apparently using nothing but his brain which is that of a 15 year old novice still seeing his first real combat. It feels like something that could work this way for maybe a couple episodes max before you'd expect to see him suffering some serious setbacks or at the very least signs of combat fatigue like Amuro did.

It's weird you know this show started with this narrative of Earth just kind of barely holding on as the biggest cities around got nuke dropped yet at this point it almost doesn't really feel like it anymore does it. Earth still hasn't surrendered and I wonder where exactly the Martians plan to take things from here or just how much of a difference Inaho can really make in his trainer mech with his band of merry men. It sounds like they'll be introducing the emperor here so I expect a little more insight into the politics and back story behind this whole conflict too.

Last edited by Dr. Dahm; 2014-07-31 at 01:25.
Old 2014-07-31, 07:06   Link #34
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It looks like she's giving him water. It's a very common innocent romantic troupe in shoujo which is like CPR but more intimate.
I would actually sort of, kind of even buy that stupid romantic trope, if he was laid out properly or at least if she got him out of the pod first and laid him down, or something. But using plain common sense, there is no way she could give him water while he's being held at that angle, even if he was conscious. Which from the look of it, he's not, or just barely.

This is really just a case of the animators and writers being a bit too overzealous this week.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-07-31 at 09:18.
Old 2014-07-31, 08:09   Link #35
Thess

Quote:
I would actually sort of, kind of even buy that stupid romantic trope, if he was laid out properly or at least if she got him out of the pod first and laid him down, or something. But using plain common sense, there is no way she could give him water while he's being held at that angle, even if he was conscious. Which from the look of it, he's no, or just barely.

This is really just a case of the animators and writers being a bit too overzealous this week.
Usually that troupe is just for shipping issues and not because it makes sense at all or they are trying to be realistic (it's completely unhygienic to do that). As you can see by how... she is practically eating his mouth.

Old 2014-07-31, 09:35   Link #36
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I would actually sort of, kind of even buy that stupid romantic trope, if he was laid out properly or at least if she got him out of the pod first and laid him down, or something. But using plain common sense, there is no way she could give him water while he's being held at that angle, even if he was conscious. Which from the look of it, he's not, or just barely.
Well most of the water seems to be running down her chin, so it's not very effective. She'll have to give him multiple "cups" full for it to work.
Old 2014-07-31, 10:36   Link #37
Thess

Previews, aside can we speak a bit of the quote of the show? It's obviously based on Ferdinand I's famous quote:

Quote:
"Let justice be done, though the world perish".
A quote that's used by Kant to expose a lot of his thoughts and his deontological ethics (duty based). That is to judge actions without an utilitarian approach, about the wills and inputs that happened when they were performed rather than the goals or the results achieved. Kant thought that people should follow their principles without regard to the consequences. What defines principles is a maxim, if you stick to it. For instance, in case of a character like Slaine, his maxim or sole principle is his loyalty to Asseylum. That is his duty, to speak. There are other hypothetical imperative, but there's one that's the unconditional one.

Old 2014-07-31, 10:40   Link #38
tsunade666

Quote:
Episode 5 preview

O_O jaw drop..... wow. That was TOTALLY UNEXPECTED for the first 2 seconds.
Old 2014-07-31, 11:44   Link #39
ImperialKnight

$50 says that's a flashback

I was seriously thinking Slaine got in contact with the princess but that's stretching it a little too much

In any case though are the mechs just going to keep dropping until Inaho decides to jump into the fights? I mean they're gonna run out of soldiers at this rate and it gets tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Quote:
Well most of the water seems to be running down her chin, so it's not very effective. She'll have to give him multiple "cups" full for it to work.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote:
I can't see them pulling an Inaho's-astuteness-saves-the-day every time, otherwise the show would be come a generic villain-of-the-episode type of anime, which they can't do if they really want to "surpass Gundam." Something has to give eventually.
There's nothing wrong with it but it's the way its executed. If eventually they start bringing in more people then I'm sure that'd be fine.

For example in AGE gundam Flint didn't even need to fight Decil, he just had his grunts do it for him and told them how to do it.

And in Code Geass so many of the battles started with a massive ambush on the Britannian knights causing massive casualties.
Old 2014-07-31, 12:42   Link #40
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Bring back laser head Kataphrakt!
Unfortunately, he's all the way in New Orleans, so unless they cut to there for some reason, it will be a bit before Inaho and crew, or even Slaine would get to his side of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
$50 says that's a flashback

I was seriously thinking Slaine got in contact with the princess but that's stretching it a little too much

In any case though are the mechs just going to keep dropping until Inaho decides to jump into the fights? I mean they're gonna run out of soldiers at this rate and it gets tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

There's nothing wrong with it but it's the way its executed. If eventually they start bringing in more people then I'm sure that'd be fine.

For example in AGE gundam Flint didn't even need to fight Decil, he just had his grunts do it for him and told them how to do it.

And in Code Geass so many of the battles started with a massive ambush on the Britannian knights causing massive casualties.
I too at first thought Slaine and the Princess reunited and that they were wayyy more in love than we thought.

Anyway, Inaho does get into the fray sometimes, be he usually takes a backseat to the action, similar to how Lelouch did things.

However, I can see this beginning to get stale if it's only Inaho and his awesome friends doing the same thing over and over again. Captain Earth got really stale at one point because every episode they were doing the same villain-of-the-week format, and I really don't want Aldnoah to fall into that trap.

I never got that far into AGE, but with Lelouch, we got to see it from different points were sometimes he would outwit his foes, and other times, his strategy just didn't work. I'm waiting till we see this show's version of Cornelia and Schneizel, showing the knights as having some depth to them and can strategize just as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread