AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-15, 12:57   Link #3841
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
there is no need to heal them. If he targeted for example just some muscles his opponents would be incapable to move without anyone understanding what exactly happened. In other words he could use exactly the same trick he uses against tanks and other weapons.
It might be harder to use magic inside of a human body but since Tatsuya can decompose an entire body if he wants to that shouldn't be an issue either. Especially since he proved in his fight against Lina that he is indeed capable to do such.
I can see why the author doesn't let him use such a method. One use of trident and all opponents are incapacitated without actually having mortally wounded them... Yes fighting him would become even more silly than it already is. For now at least arguments like "he doesn't want to kill them" and "mist dispersal is supposed to remain a secret" allow something similar to a decent fight.
But he didn't want to injure them to that extent and he didn't need to do so, he was dealing with these guardians easily, he was not even in trouble, he can't target directly the insides with his magic, it decomposes the flesh to do it and he already use partial Decomposition on limbs and does it a lot. Trident can't really be used like that, he choses three targets and he decomposes them at once.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 05:38   Link #3842
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

I have one question .
I don't remember wich volume explains ESCAPES project or who is the mastermind behind this.

Can anyone say in which volume is this information?
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 06:01   Link #3843
Kadia

v16 chapter 2, Tat is the project's creator.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 16:11   Link #3844
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

@Kadia, thank you.
It's just before Mitsugu's offer. There's so few lines about it.
I'm looking forward next volumes. (A great project).

[WWW4?]
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 19:50   Link #3845
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
But he didn't want to injure them to that extent and he didn't need to do so, he was dealing with these guardians easily, he was not even in trouble, he can't target directly the insides with his magic, it decomposes the flesh to do it and he already use partial Decomposition on limbs and does it a lot. Trident can't really be used like that, he choses three targets and he decomposes them at once.
You are wrong. With his ES he can target whatever he wants. Hell he could detect a satelite spying on him! The use of trident is to decompose the defences of the magicians and then decompose whatever he targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy
there is no need to heal them. If he targeted for example just some muscles his opponents would be incapable to move without anyone understanding what exactly happened. In other words he could use exactly the same trick he uses against tanks and other weapons.
It might be harder to use magic inside of a human body but since Tatsuya can decompose an entire body if he wants to that shouldn't be an issue either. Especially since he proved in his fight against Lina that he is indeed capable to do such.
I can see why the author doesn't let him use such a method. One use of trident and all opponents are incapacitated without actually having mortally wounded them... Yes fighting him would become even more silly than it already is. For now at least arguments like "he doesn't want to kill them" and "mist dispersal is supposed to remain a secret" allow something similar to a decent fight.
I agree completly with this post! If he used his trident he would insta win almost every fight! Whether he kills his opponents or not he would defeat them immediatly! He could have decomposed all the dudes who blocked his Way the first time and be on his Way in seconds! However he could also use the spell he used in his first fight on the first vol to incapacitate anyone within seconds and he never uses that spell. The author is simply sadistic towards tats and makes him defeat his opponents in the most roundabout way possible.

Seriously, if someone thinks about the stories of the last vols it is obvious that they don t make sense. I Will even point some of the facts that don t make sense in this vol :
All the yotsubas agree that miyuki should be the head, however Katsushige's father orders him to directly stop her from reaching the house! What do they think miyuki will do to them when she is the head?

Mitsugu asks tats to let the yotsuba fuck his life without even ofering him anything he won t have in the future. And as tats refuses he procedes to tell him what his buddies are planing to do to defeat him.

Why is tats fighting cqc some random dudes when he can simply decompose them getting rid of the evidences and te same time?

If there are a lot of ppl in the yotsuba that will always be his enimies and are trying to kill him and even organising atacks when he is with miyuki (putting her life in danger) why doesn t he kill them?

Why Would the yotsubas treat tats so bad if they always knew how powerful he is? They shoud have the opposite attitude so that he like them

Etc etc etc
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 20:52   Link #3846
MRD143

Tatsuya didn't want to use his Decomp because they were still in range of the Psion Sensors. Now if there was no chance of leaving evidence Tatsuya would probably have just eliminated all attackers.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 22:51   Link #3847
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Tatsuya didn't want to use his Decomp because they were still in range of the Psion Sensors. Now if there was no chance of leaving evidence Tatsuya would probably have just eliminated all attackers.
I Am pretty sure that they were attacked right outside of the range of the psion sensors the first time and on the second time they were in the middle of nowhere and he decomposed weapons (so he used mist dispersal)

Despite all this he hacked the sensors several times in past to erase any prove of his magics, so he could simply do it again...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 15:17   Link #3848
Clashmore

I just finished vol 16 and i can't understand why Yotsuba are considered the strongest.The 10 master clans are a joke if they are weaker than those branch family's heads and their offspring.Hey,that Shibata Heir even handicaped his own unborn child for the sake off...wait for it...love! Scary boogeyman shit right there ladies and gentlemen.

So far Koichi is fu*king more like a Yotsuba than Yotsuba's themselves(excluding Maya and Hayama) xD Nakura wasn't even a fu*cking branch head much less a seagusa and yet he was more formidable than Mitsugu and i dear say other Branch heads since Kuraba are supposedly the strongest

The author has been hyping them up so much as cold hearted weapons,but they don't even want absolute power...the thought of it alone scared them shitless rofl

Remember when Mitsugu went mad in vol 15 when Hayama said"a weapon doesn't need a heart" and he responded with "Bastard, do you think of Magicians as weapons" which made me kinda laugh because in the No Head Dragon arc Kudo Retsu stated that Yotsuba are like weapons and society would reject them eventually in his discussion with Kazama Harunobu.

It's funny how Maya is the only publicly known Yotsuba and runs a one (wo)man show behind the scenes,because rightfully she is the only one that lives up to hype behind Yotsuba and fu*king deserves the name.

So what i am saying is this engagement more than anything else would safe Yotsuba's face if you ask me
Clashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 16:53   Link #3849
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashmore View Post
I just finished vol 16 and i can't understand why Yotsuba are considered the strongest.The 10 master clans are a joke if they are weaker than those branch family's heads and their offspring.Hey,that Shibata Heir even handicaped his own unborn child for the sake off...wait for it...love! Scary boogeyman shit right there ladies and gentlemen.

So far Koichi is fu*king more like a Yotsuba than Yotsuba's themselves(excluding Maya and Hayama) xD Nakura wasn't even a fu*cking branch head much less a seagusa and yet he was more formidable than Mitsugu and i dear say other Branch heads since Kuraba are supposedly the strongest

The author has been hyping them up so much as cold hearted weapons,but they don't even want absolute power...the thought of it alone scared them shitless rofl

Remember when Mitsugu went mad in vol 15 when Hayama said"a weapon doesn't need a heart" and he responded with "Bastard, do you think of Magicians as weapons" which made me kinda laugh because in the No Head Dragon arc Kudo Retsu stated that Yotsuba are like weapons and society would reject them eventually in his discussion with Kazama Harunobu.

It's funny how Maya is the only publicly known Yotsuba and runs a one (wo)man show behind the scenes,because rightfully she is the only one that lives up to hype behind Yotsuba and fu*king deserves the name.

So what i am saying is this engagement more than anything else would safe Yotsuba's face if you ask me

a quote for you: volume 11
"The Yotsuba of Japan.
For those who walked with magic, this was the untouchable land.
Especially for people who wielded magic for military purposes.
They were not like Major Sirius in that one person bore the absolute
destructive might to challenge an army.
The existence of the Yotsuba Family lay in the entirely opposite
direction
Right now (at least for now), they were subservient to the Japanese
government, but if they suddenly morphed into terrorists, they were
held as individuals who could pull the trigger on World War IV.
On the magic side, for such a zealous organization, they were not raised up as something worthy of respect, but of complete and utter fear."

Or in other words the average Yotsuba isn't supposed to be the strongest. The important point is that all of them together are terrifyingly effective. Stars and Dahan had to learn their lesson. The Yotsuba specialize in MI magic, a kind of magic science doesn't know much about, a magic without a known effective defence. Moreover The Yotsuba have Maya, Miyuki and Tatsuya. Oh and except for those 3 no one knows Who the Yotsubas are, where they are and what they are up to. Your friend, your classmate or your neighbour might be a Yotsuba. Someone who hunts, kills, tortures and brainwashes people for a living.
If you asked me I would try to stay as far away from such a sinister bunch as I possibly can.
Although I don't support their stupid way to handle the problem, I can understand that they are afraid of an all powerful monster like Tatsuya. Being delusional and strange doesn't make the Yotsuba less scary at all.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 18:29   Link #3850
Clashmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post

a quote for you: volume 11
"The Yotsuba of Japan.
For those who walked with magic, this was the untouchable land.
Especially for people who wielded magic for military purposes.
They were not like Major Sirius in that one person bore the absolute
destructive might to challenge an army.
The existence of the Yotsuba Family lay in the entirely opposite
direction
Right now (at least for now), they were subservient to the Japanese
government, but if they suddenly morphed into terrorists, they were
held as individuals who could pull the trigger on World War IV.
On the magic side, for such a zealous organization, they were not raised up as something worthy of respect, but of complete and utter fear."

Or in other words the average Yotsuba isn't supposed to be the strongest. The important point is that all of them together are terrifyingly effective. Stars and Dahan had to learn their lesson. The Yotsuba specialize in MI magic, a kind of magic science doesn't know much about, a magic without a known effective defence. Moreover The Yotsuba have Maya, Miyuki and Tatsuya. Oh and except for those 3 no one knows Who the Yotsubas are, where they are and what they are up to. Your friend, your classmate or your neighbour might be a Yotsuba. Someone who hunts, kills, tortures and brainwashes people for a living.
If you asked me I would try to stay as far away from such a sinister bunch as I possibly can.
Although I don't support their stupid way to handle the problem, I can understand that they are afraid of an all powerful monster like Tatsuya. Being delusional and strange doesn't make the Yotsuba less scary at all.
You pretty much answered and nullified all the key arguments i said in my previous comment.

But this information makes the Branch Heads even more of a running gag,they are supposed to be professionals who hunt, kill, torture and brainwash people for a living! More importantly they do it as a collective unit,which means they are disciplined thoroughly,following orders to the letter and absolutely loyal to the head of the organization.

I saw none of that shit in vol 16.
In a unit there is no individual,only the unit following the orders of the head.These aaps aren't professionals,even though Maya the head send orders to them to not move or w/e,they still move against her will and behind her back,afterwards not even excusing their behavior.

If they were truly were a sinister bunch,they wouldn't blink at Tatsuya,especially after the previous head went to great and detailed lengths to insure that Tatsuya wouldn't lose controle.They should have trusted their head and not doubt him if they are so loyal,is which seemingly a very flexible thing within the Yotsuba or its just the Branch Heads?

They claim Tatsuya isn't loyal,hah! He is more loyal to Miyuki than any of them has proven to be loyal to Maya.

If in Vol 17 they start plotting with Koichi/Gouki,well played Branch Heads!
Old 2015-08-05, 19:11   Link #3851
IceHism

I thought the people they sent to delay Tatsuya are basically criminals that the yotsuba wanted to get rid of anyways meaning that they aren't part of the family. I would doubt that low class criminals would be professional. And we already knew Katsushige and his guardians aren't a match for the Shiba siblings +yuuka
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 19:50   Link #3852
Jiminy

Quote:
You pretty much answered and nullified all the key arguments i said in my previous comment.

But this information makes the Branch Heads even more of a running gag,they are supposed to be professionals who hunt, kill, torture and brainwash people for a living! More importantly they do it as a collective unit,which means they are disciplined thoroughly,following orders to the letter and absolutely loyal to the head of the organization.

In a unit there is no individual,only the unit following the orders of the head.These aaps aren't professionals,even though Maya the head send orders to them to not move or w/e,they still move against her will and behind her back,afterwards not even excusing their behavior.

If they were truly were a sinister bunch,they wouldn't blink at Tatsuya,especially after the previous head went to great and detailed lengths to insure that Tatsuya wouldn't lose controle.They should have trusted their head and not doubt him if they are so loyal,is which seemingly a very flexible thing within the Yotsuba or its just the Branch Heads?

They claim Tatsuya isn't loyal,hah! He is more loyal to Miyuki than any of them has proven to be loyal to Maya.

I agree with some of it. The lack of loyalty towards Maya doesn't make them less dangerous. The branch heads were willing to trick those soldiers and send them to an early grave. Although such a behaviour is stupid (because it's useless), it's also quite ruthless don't you think. I wouldn't want to deal with them.

Anyway the last volumes (13-16) really lack a touch of darkness. Some of the Yotsuba (especially Mitsugu) are characterized a little bit too whiny. But it's not just the Yotsuba, it's the entire world that appears too humane and well ordered considering what Satou said about the 3rd world war and the creation of magicians. Well I don't ask him to write books like the Godfather or 1984 but ...
Old 2015-08-05, 22:37   Link #3853
bakato

Quote:

Koichi's been dancing in Maya's palm since day 1 and Nakura thought of him as naive when he thought that the Yotsuba didn't know of his dealings with Zhou, which is expected as the Saegusa operates in the public spotlight.

As an extra who wasn't even a member of the 10MC, Nakura's prowess says little about the combat strength of the 10MC, much less the Yotsuba. Though he does say that the Saegusa muscle is of low quality.

The absolute power our referring to here is a weapon that could literalyy destroy the world and bring them more trouble than its worth.

After what happened to Maya, the Yotsuba are the last ones that are going to treat magicians as weapons, especially their own.

Quote:

That's an overexaggeration. You make the Yotsuba out to be these killing machines and psychopaths, but that's just their image. They most certainly wish to be feared, but only enough to prevent anyone from messing with them.

The only dark thing they do is carry out dirty assassinations. The brainwashing is simply to get more muscle and minor experiments in pursuit of strength.

A family doesn't become the most powerful clan in the world by being dumb sheep. They have their own opinions on matters despite what the leader might say or think.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 16:58   Link #3854
nani895

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's an overexaggeration. You make the Yotsuba out to be these killing machines and psychopaths, but that's just their image. They most certainly wish to be feared, but only enough to prevent anyone from messing with them.

The only dark thing they do is carry out dirty assassinations. The brainwashing is simply to get more muscle and minor experiments in pursuit of strength.

A family doesn't become the most powerful clan in the world by being dumb sheep. They have their own opinions on matters despite what the leader might say or think.
Yes, I agree with you. Moreover author never mention Yotsuba were ruthless monsters. No, they are far from that, for goodness sake they went to war against a country just to save one of them(BTW Maya was not even candidate for head since she was engaged to Koichi) knowing full well they might not make it back. World pictured that incident in dark light and they started fearing Yotsuba. Yotsuba just played along and maintained that image(FYI, I am not saying they are not strong).

Satou never mentioned how Yotsuba were before this incident. I am betting they were just another 10MC. Every clan has high level magicians and low level as well and some extra ordinary ones. No clan is made up of only high level over the top class magicians. What matters is collective strength, 40 members went to Dahan to fight for they dignity as a clan and bring back Maya and succeeded with their collective strength, unfortunately they lost 20 people and Dahan...well they lost their whole country.

People say Kuroba Mitsugu is week due to his encounter with Zhou(I wont call it a fight) but remember you they never went head to head. Zhou used some kind of evasion magic and escaped Kuroba(IIRC Even Tatsuya said he couldn't follow Zhou but instead he followed Nakura's blood). As for Nakura, Zhou was full on battle mode and took him down. I would say if Kuroba was as week as Zhou said, he would have fought and killed him then and there instead of running away(Though it could be because backup was on its way). Zhou was just boasting pompously to Nakura who was on deathbed.
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 13:55   Link #3855
Clashmore

*bang*
Bakato already shot me down :O
Old 2015-11-25, 22:23   Link #3856
Noble101

Hey can someone explain why ayako and fuyima left when tatsuya and miyuki were announced to be engaged at the end?
Noble101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 04:15   Link #3857
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble101 View Post
Hey can someone explain why ayako and fuyima left when tatsuya and miyuki were announced to be engaged at the end?
Ayako didn't feel well and had to rest. The reason: heartbroken
Old 2015-11-26, 08:26   Link #3858
FLS_Carnage

Ayako has feelings for Tatsuya so she was upset about the engagement.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 12:06   Link #3859
Noble101

oh ok, I guessed that was the reason but I wasn't too sure.
Noble101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy