Old 2014-02-12, 07:07   Link #361
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Duh.. ended up writing a bunch of chars on a whim

Full folder
Old 2014-02-13, 07:56   Link #362
agetreme
Just another Idiot

To claim that everybody refer overskill/kuden as the same is a little absurd....

Edit: Not to mention: They are sometimes literally worlds apart and information doesn't flow that well due to lack of internet.

Spoiler for Different way of referring to the same thing:

==========

About Sword Rain Overskill: Throwing thousand swords may be cool but retrieval is a serious pain..... Not to mention, there are players who like to "take things without permission".

(Note: there is no sword with Return ability (reason is simple: Sword are not throwing weapons.... they aren't meant to be thrown). So you need to manually pick up all the swords.... one by one)
Old 2014-02-13, 09:04   Link #363
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'd assume people would use the term Ulti for Overskills in the SEA region.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 10:41   Link #364
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'd assume people would use the term Ulti for Overskills in the SEA region.
That will work too.

Don't forget: Information doesn't flow that well without internet.... Without an official name, everybody is free to call it whatever they wanted.

It's like naming a cat....Nobody know the cat's name so they name it whatever they wanted (until the owner show up).

Which could lead to confusion and conflict..... or adoption because Ulti sounds so much cooler than Derivation Skills or OS Skill.

It all depend on the Players themselves (nobody is there to tell them, you are not wrong when technically there is no name for it yet).

Some players like the sound of Ulti (it make them feel like they achieve something amazing), other prefer it to be more descriptive (like Derivation Skill).

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-13 at 10:58.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:05   Link #365
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's also Limit Break, which is totally applicable to what Overskills are.
More people would use terms from existing games, so I guess coining stuff from scratch is less likely anywhere else.

Honestly, I prefer Limit Break. Imagine shouting those words as you unleash it on your opponent.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 09:48   Link #366
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There's also Limit Break, which is totally applicable to what Overskills are.
More people would use terms from existing games, so I guess coining stuff from scratch is less likely anywhere else.

Honestly, I prefer Limit Break. Imagine shouting those words as you unleash it on your opponent.
Yea... but remember that overskill are supposed to be considered as boring to those who obtain it.

Sidenote: Limit-Break is good, I think I will give it to the Sword Rain guy (even though his friends refer it as Derivation Skill).

=

Thief Sub-class:
Though not as good as Tracker when it come to stealth ability, their invisibility ability, [Hide] is limited (cancelled if they make an action or a move) and played off more like a stealth game (require hiding behind something in order to turn invisible) but in term of resource gathering, this is actually one of the better class due to their signature ability: [Steal] (duh!)

Known to be the subclass for Selfish Cowards, combine with the simple fact that other class could probably do better (and contribute more towards party), this is still a pretty rare Sub-class compared to others.

Also due to harassment issue, Thief sub-class is originally not allowed to steal from other players, however, this limitation seemed to have been release when the game turned real.

However, even so stealing is still limited due to the simple fact that without [hiding], the skill [Steal] tend to generate lot of hates....(both game mechanics and relationship-wise).

Interesting note:
One more factor that further limit the number of people choosing this subclass, due to game becoming real, what was normal in game, turns really bizarre and disgusting quickly when Thief found that they can actually steal body-parts (heart, eyeballs and toes...etc) from certain monsters.... (They didn't even know how they do it due to their body move naturally when the skill activates).

Needless to say, yes, Monsters with their heart (literal one) stolen, tend to die off quickly.... Monsters with their eyeball stolen became blind, and Giants with missing toes, tend to get really really angry......and it is probably a really good time to drop the toe (cut off from the Giant) and start running really quickly (Good news: Thief Class are pro at running away very quickly..... )

Signature Skill:

[Steal]: Steal things

[Lockpick]: Pick lock. Unable to open magic lock though. Need Lock picks as tool.

[Hide]: Conceal Presence (Low-level thief), turn invisible when hiding (unseen) behind something (mid-level Thief) or in the shadow(high level thief)

[Grand/Great Escape]: Disengaged from Combat, unequip weapons to enable quicker escape. (Edit: why you need to unequip weapons? You need both hands to do Parkour)

Not-so-Signature:
[Alert]: Able to sense surrounding enemies (Range is short though)

=

I think I will lower my Summoner's (Desvita) level and make him the main character.

==

Edit: Also I make a mistake Nature Talk doesn't improve Druid's pet's ability. It reduce the Max MP reduction when the Pet is summoned.

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-02-14 at 11:02.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 22:43   Link #367
JediNight
キズランダム

The Log Horizon TRPG site has been posting numerous role/class introductions over the past week in case anyone had missed it. They've gone over all of the tanking roles at this point (Guardian, Samurai, Monk) afaik.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 20:59   Link #368
ArmaniWeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The Log Horizon TRPG site has been posting numerous role/class introductions over the past week in case anyone had missed it. They've gone over all of the tanking roles at this point (Guardian, Samurai, Monk) afaik.
are they going over the oversea server classes also?
ArmaniWeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 22:32   Link #369
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

I hope someone will make a virtual tabletop version...

I'm too lazy to do cardbroad stuffs now
Old 2014-02-23, 00:46   Link #370
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniWeston View Post
are they going over the oversea server classes also?
I doubt it. Healer role introduction was posted today.
Old 2014-02-23, 20:39   Link #371
ArmaniWeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I doubt it. Healer role introduction was posted today.
If they don't it after all the Japanese classes they will probably be expansions.
Old 2014-02-23, 22:35   Link #372
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
If they don't it after all the Japanese classes they will probably be expansions.
Isn't Region Exclusive class just reskin of the original class?
Old 2014-02-24, 01:06   Link #373
ArmaniWeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Isn't Region Exclusive class just reskin of the original class?
No, they have their own skillset, quirks, and playstyles to complete their role.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:15   Link #374
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
No, they have their own skillset, quirks, and playstyles to complete their role.
-_-

Man.... that's really troublesome.... If you really want to play certain class due to the playstyle suit you better, you have to switch to oversea server....

If you ever tried playing MMORPG on other region Server... you know how much pain it is.

========

I am too impatient to wait for more information so....

Using Multiple World theory to correct any mistake made (or a just a dream due to coma.... you know..... Retcon).

===

SEA Server's Lander (or at least in the versions explored):

The Region has multiple Kingdom(Malaysia has a King, Thailand Server has a King...etc) and peace are mostly maintained through lots of political stuff (like Arranged Marriage and/or assassination).

Adventurers are dangerous wild cards which can swing in many way due to most of them "don't really give a damn to NPCs and their politics".

Currently there are lots of internal conflicts going on in the region among the landers. All these happened while the Adventures are busy doing their own stuff....(don't give a damn remember?)

Kings has to deal with Adventurers and other Kings and also due to some Trolls (adventurers), there are dangerous ideas being spreading around....

1. A Cult is formed (religion is created somehow)...Heretics who worship fictional god created by Adventurers for lol and giggles....

2. Rumors about a revolution to overthrow current monarchy system.

=

Title: [Thousand Sword]

Title can grant power to Adventurers.
In the new world, it is possible to create new titles that does not exist in the game but the process is not easy....

Through deeds which received recognition from the Authorities (Kings...etc), made famous and well known by the Landers. The Legend spread by them shall become the Title's power.

Thousand Sword title augmented Swashbuckler's concept of "the more enemies there is, the more attack I get" through its unique skill along with bonuses that make the Adventurer a One-man army... (Well....so long as he is engaging an army rather than a one-on-one duel.)

The title turn the said Swashbuckler (The Sword-Rain dude) into nightmare for Summoners who relies on numbers to overwhelm their target. However, the title has little to no effect on 3-v-3 Duels though.....

My plan is to have Antagonists posed serious threat(level 95 while other high level players are at level 93 at best).....Even though, they are dumber than the main characters or most other players for that matter..... But make up by being more diligent than the rest. They get powerful Equipment, High level and Unique titles due to their hard work....

All while spend only 4 hours sleeping and surviving on a diet of tasteless mush for weeks That has to account for something at least......
Old 2014-02-25, 16:50   Link #375
JediNight
キズランダム

Log Horizon TRPG Q&A Session happening on Twitter on March 1st:
https://twitter.com/loghorizon_TRPG/...11410058014720

Quote:
それからこちらもちょっとお知らせです。3/1の21時から、ログホラTRPGのTwitter小話&質疑応答を予定しています。こちらもちょくちょく お知らせしたいと思いますのよろしくお願いします #LHTRPG
Old 2014-03-01, 13:25   Link #376
JediNight
キズランダム

Announced at the Twitter Q&A is a definitive date set for the first scenario book of the LH Tabletop RPG: "Adventurers and the Twilight Princess" comes out March 31st.

My guess is the Rulebook then will be another 4-6 weeks based on their loose timetable on the Enterbrain site.

https://twitter.com/loghorizon_TRPG/...47021927239680
Old 2014-04-10, 20:41   Link #377
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now that Oceania has Hunter and Tribal, time to spam digeridoos, vuvuzelas, and CRIKEY!!
Old 2014-04-12, 09:51   Link #378
Kurangceret

Overview

Name : Cialea
Class : Sorcerer
Race : Half-Alv
Subclass : Alchemist
Level : 90
HP : 5990
MP : 14367

Items

Hardened Greed - Bringer Wrath Staff : Artifact-class Items that has the ability to match phantasm classes items given the user of this staff know how to manage their mana resources properly. Increases the damage of the user's spell by 30%, however each time the mana resources are down to 8000 mana pool or less, the user of this staff will get random debuffs every 20 seconds and the damage boost will be completely gone.

Magna's corrupted Robe : Phantasm class Items that can be acquired by defeating one of the corrupted Mage-classes bosses. It was told that Magna was obsessed with increasing his capability of casting more spells, succeeding his objective, however, his physical health is drastically reduced.

Hands of the Grodan's Wisdom : Phantasm class Items that can be acquired by completing the quest <"Finishing our Ancestors' misery">, that involves defeating all Mage-classes bosses at least once. The user of this items will receives increases of mana pools and spell damages.

Blood for Spirit Potion : New potion developed by Cialea, the potion allows the user to replenish 50% of their mana, in the cost of sacrificing 50% of their health. Cialea's first invention, as he was concerned by how slow the mana potion in regenerating mana.

Background Story

Cialea is a man with a very high desire of wanting to know how the universe's operate. Books are his sources of entertainment, as he can only be entertained by knowledge. Cialea would constantly go to famous research department to learn more about uncommon things that most people overlook. Cialea also have some interest in computer in his late 17th birthday. Hearing the Elder Tale games from various forums, he decided to give it a try.

Since that day, Cialea will constantly return to Elder Tale whenever he needs some break from his research. Just as how he view things in Real life, Cialea would always try different builds for his sorcerer. Despite his wish to experiment with more classes , subclasses, races, he decided not to, since it will be done in a half-baked way, as his focus is still on the wide universe outside.

After apocalypse happened, at first, Cialea does not care so much about the given situation and continue to fulfill his self-desire. However, after the risk of death surrounding his life in Elder Tale, his view changed. He would still do his research, this time for the sake of helping others. When the news of subclasses able to do things that cannot be done normally when Elder Tale was still a game, a spark of light can be in his eye.

Now, Cialea's daily job consist of researching various items that could potentially help the advance of the current Technology in Elder Tale. He will also raid with his guild for gathering more items in hope of finding more unique things that he haven't saw, yet.

Play Style

As Cialea is a man which is rather being strict with his own times, he will always try to finish his grinding as fast as possible and in the most efficient way. His build focuses on killing enemies quickly with spamming skills such as <Orb of Lava> and <Lighting Nebula>. Because of his low hp pools, he would take a quick pre-caution of his surroundings when he is solo-grinding. When he has a group of party with him, 5 seconds are his standby time, when it is done he will spam all the aoe skills he had.

When he is raiding with his guild, he would take the role of nuking small monster that some boss posses. He has proven multiple times to be able to hold the DPS of two sorcerers combined together for several minutes . But, healers would always had him on their attention, as his low hp pools mean it could be an instant one-shot.

I am really enjoying myself when writing this....
Kurangceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 00:25   Link #379
HiMyNameIs
Random Guy First Class

Cool My char

Name: HiMyNameIs
Race:Half-Alv
Class:Swashbuckler
subclass:Pathfinder
equips:
Simple hood (+1 def/ conceals identity)
Magical cloak (+1 def/ slight resistance against all low to mid level magic)
Fighters reliable chest piece+ (+22 def/ slight resistance against debuffs)
Reinforced Armguards (+10 def)
Rangers travel boots (+6 def/ +5 sp/ +1 ft)
Gift from the Game Ring ( slightly increases all player attributes and skills while in combat/ 5% increased exp gain and loot chance{increased to 10% when finishing a fight with less than 30% hp})
Bleeding edges (2 identical black cutlasses/ +30 atk each/ on 6-hit combo increase critical chance by 35% for 12 sec/ 20% chance to drain 15hp)
Light ornate dagger (+16 atk{ increased to 20 either when is the only weapon equipped, health is in critical state, or when the target is unaware of you. Does not stack})
Old 2014-04-23, 13:10   Link #380
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I guess this could go here. LogHora TRPG Adventure Counter (JP).

Allows character creation, probably also allows players to interact as well. Folks who are better at Nihongo, please correct me if I'm wrong =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original content