AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-12-01, 03:53   Link #3641
iko_uwais

Superhero Senki blu-ray/dvd is released today, BTW.

Man, I don't know if it's because RealxTime has set the standard for Rider movie action higher than ever, but the final battle for Supehero Senki is so boring. Really shows that well-choreographed fight between actual fighters is so much more entertaining than big dumb CG Battle or random fighters fighting random mooks/monsters.

The Revice is movie is cool, though.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 04:20   Link #3642
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I want a female main rider lol. It's about time, Toei . I won't overestimate how Jeanne fares in this show. But hey internet is a strange place. If that cute demon becomes so popular (the staff even says it out basically XD) anything could happen

Tertiary rider fares pretty ok I think. It's not as bad as we thought. The one in Drive, the one in Ex-aid (the one who holds a lot of gun), whichever of the two in Build , they all do pretty well

Even the one in saber did not do too bad...just didn't get a power up
Female main riders won't happen. Toei have Precure for the girls. KR & SS are for the boys mainly. That's how they split it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Yup, if Jeanne popular enough, she likely get a short movie about her;
Her gimmick revealed to be weapon change pretty much telling they're in for movie-only extra form if the 'cute mascot carry' success.

Also, about tertiary Riders I don't think its true as somehow majority of tertiary Riders are written well.
Gills, Zolda, Chalice, Eternal, Zangetsu, Chaser, Grease, Woz, Espada. They got their character arc delivered very well as far tertiary Rider goes, especially the latter half.
Its secondary Riders that often either you lucky enough to became the next Accel/Cross-Z/Vulcan (on par, if not overshadowed the main, titular Rider) or ended up with weak presence like Garren/Ibuki/Meteor (minor influence for second half of the show) if you not a bro like G3/Birth/Blades or ... like Kaixa, yes.

Just a minor nitpick.
Eternal isn't the third rider, he's a movie rider, otherwise Skull would be the 3rd rider. Double till Fourze only has 2 main riders.
Zangetsu isn't the 3rd rider, Ryugen is.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 05:25   Link #3643
GDB

Quote:
Vice telling about need of cute mascot feels like a jab to how neither Zero One nor Saber have it despite how summoning animals being part of their transformation.

Are mascots common in the series? I can't remember seeing one in Gaim, Build, or W.

Unless... was Akiko the mascot in W!? Or that Fuu-kun that showed up like twice for a combined 45 seconds?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-01, 05:34   Link #3644
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Are mascots common in the series? I can't remember seeing one in Gaim, Build, or W.

Unless... was Akiko the mascot in W!? Or that Fuu-kun that showed up like twice for a combined 45 seconds?
After the popularity of Momotaros in KR Den-O, mascot characters come & go throughout the franchise. My favorite is Kivat-Bat III from KR Kiva who also doubles as the belt:

But some people might argue that the contract monsters in KR Ryuki were also mascots.....in a deadly way

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Btw, Maito is currently 16, while his father was 25 when he first played Hongo.
For a 16yo, he looks like a proper (young)-adult. He'd be perfect for live-action mecha-anime protag .
Old 2021-12-01, 06:48   Link #3645
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Just a minor nitpick.
Eternal isn't the third rider, he's a movie rider, otherwise Skull would be the 3rd rider. Double till Fourze only has 2 main riders.
Zangetsu isn't the 3rd rider, Ryugen is.
I count Eternal as he sometimes managed to bypass movie exclusivity compare to Skull.
Aside of actor reason, probably TOEI thought its easier doing stuffs with him to represent W given A to Z Gaia Memories chronologically happened before second half of the series while Skull belongs to Prologue which made him harder to rely on.

In regards to Zangetsu, that's on me, I consider him the third Rider as far narrative goes.
Ryugen got this funny state despite constantly told by the series as third Rider, he have to deal with not only fact Zangetsu appears by second episode and properly introduced as Kaito became Baron but also how he only relevant when its power-up time (Kiwi Lockseed is just sad compare to, say, Woz Ninja Form).

I get that Gen took inspiration from Zolda for Ryugen but Zolda works because he's experienced lawyer and got his own life on stake.
He's just shooting his own leg by giving him a competent businessman older brother with firm moral compass like Takatora on top of financially safe life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Well, as said by Obelisk, there's Kivat and Arms Monster in Kiva that basically TOEI trying to replicate Imagin Quartet popularity.
The result is not considered good, I guess, considering the successor, Decade, didn't have any mascot-like creature to accompany him; so Jeanne's mascot is a comeback after years without mascot.

Old 2021-12-01, 08:06   Link #3646
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There was a mascot in Ghost (voiced by Aoi Yuuki) but I think we'd all rather forget about Ghost
Old 2021-12-01, 11:16   Link #3647
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Don't forget GanGan G from Kamen Rider (Skyrider) back in 1979:

Old 2021-12-05, 02:34   Link #3648
kiak666

Revice Episode 13 Thoughts:

Spoiler for Major Spoilers:

Last edited by kiak666; 2021-12-08 at 22:37.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-06, 18:04   Link #3649
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Revice Episode 13 Thoughts:

Daiji will definitely have to make peace with Kagerou at some point. Why can Kagerou take over his body in the first place anyway?

I wonder if Vice will get his own upgrade since the Doc said he hadn't made his yet because he mocked the Ex-aid look or if it's just going to be the shield.
Old 2021-12-07, 02:14   Link #3650
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Daiji will definitely have to make peace with Kagerou at some point. Why can Kagerou take over his body in the first place anyway?

I wonder if Vice will get his own upgrade since the Doc said he hadn't made his yet because he mocked the Ex-aid look or if it's just going to be the shield.
This round is probably just Ikki getting a new form, there's no new scans for Vice. I'm guessing the next power up will feature both. Or maybe Vice will get his own upgrade form next since he got his own materialize body now.
Old 2021-12-12, 02:39   Link #3651
kiak666

Revice Episode 14 Thoughts:

Also here's a look at the main villains of Beyond Generations, as well as Revice's movie form (based on a certain Rider):

Old 2021-12-12, 18:07   Link #3652
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought the Chameleon Deadman impersonated Wakabayashi fairly recently and that they would find him tied up in a closet or something. Turns out he was killed off-screen in episode 1, damn. I wonder who will assume command of Fenix now, Hiromi is a mess and Daiji is too unstable.
Old 2021-12-13, 05:20   Link #3653
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the Chameleon Deadman impersonated Wakabayashi fairly recently and that they would find him tied up in a closet or something. Turns out he was killed off-screen in episode 1, damn. I wonder who will assume command of Fenix now, Hiromi is a mess and Daiji is too unstable.
I'm sure they have another leader maybe from another branch. Maybe that new leader will be the next arc villain.
Old 2021-12-14, 17:58   Link #3654
justavisitor

If I didn't come here, I would have totally forgotten that the first arc is about to be over.

So far, Revice is like, oh that's a bigger plot than what it seems...and nothing major has happened yet. It's still good and smooth, but it never strikes me that they still do it arc by arc here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 19:00   Link #3655
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is Aguilera even a Giftex? I don't remember if we've seen her transform before.
Old 2021-12-17, 00:37   Link #3656
kiak666

Beyond Generations is released today. Looks like the movie is set between Episode 13 and 14 of Revice (after Barid Rex's debut, but before the Chameleon Deadman retrieves the Giff Stamp).
Old 2021-12-17, 01:00   Link #3657
iko_uwais

Just read a review of Beyond Generations. So, it seems the usual trouble of having so many cast members thanks to Saber ended up making some part of the movies feels insufficient. The reason for the appearance of the Legend Riders also felt very lacking and just another "oh yeah, let's just leave it there for some reason" cameos. Maito's performance as Hongo was apparently very good even if, sadly, he doesn't have that much screen time. The reviewer also liked Century's futuristic battle style, though sadly, he also doesn't have that much screen time.

So, just another average crossover that doesn't have much impact. Man, Gaim x Drive, Pac-man and Heisei Forever feels like a long time ago.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 03:29   Link #3658
kiak666

Revice Episode 15:

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by kiak666; 2021-12-19 at 10:16.
Old 2021-12-20, 08:05   Link #3659
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Damn, never thought Toei would put Project G4 (first Heisei Rider movie) on their channel as part of 50 Years celebration. Hopefully this doesn't mean we need 100 Years for A to Z Gaia Memories LOL.

OMG ...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guess what, the video's been there for 8 month, just recently unlocked and subbed as part of 50 Years Anniversary.

Old 2021-12-22, 06:58   Link #3660
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So uh... I happened to catch an episode of Revice a little whole ago- maybe episode 9 or 10? Anyways, I'm not completely new to KR; my first full intro was Amazons (and at least the first season was AMAZING... I heard S2 goes downhill FAST). Yet I find myself tuning in on Japanese TV every Sunday morning for a new episode- funnily enough, I haven't gone to other places on the net for English subs.

Now, these crossover events look pretty cool (though I suppose the reviews say otherwise)... but I'm not nearly well-versed in KR to understand the references. I've heard that either W or 000 are the best places to start (even though I've seen Amazons), so I want to ask y'all... outside of W or 000, what are the best series worth watching?

Yes, I do realize this is arguably a landmine, considering fanboy nature.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu