AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-15, 05:43   Link #3261
dragon1412

when the name Nisioishin come to mind, I'd put my trust to the book on the opposite of being a traditional love story.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 21:52   Link #3262
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
@AB079 - this seems pretty obviously indicating a marriage ceremony to me. "Musubi" is basically "tie together", and I knew Japanese weddings use kimonos somehow, and a quick wikipedia search showed me that the bride wears a white kimono and even name-dropped shiromuku (白無垢), exactly as it says in the summary. Yeah, Hitagi's definitely getting hitched.

(Also, while I'm here - thanks @DeliriousEagle for Nade/Waza/Orokamonogatari spoilers.)
Thanks for those details. Hmmm it seems like Gahara is really going to get the same Nadeko treatment but maybe in a different way, since Araragi is going to live for at least 400 years with Shinobu and knowing Gahara is super selfish when it comes to the people she loves, I bet we're gonna have her becoming some kind of long-lived or immortal "rarity" so she can stay with Araragi.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 09:30   Link #3263
DeliriousEagle

I can't stop laughing.
Spoiler for Musubi:

Spoiler for Shinobumonogatari:

Next LN we go back to major fun.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 11:23   Link #3264
AB079
Banned

Here is the back of Musubi, yeah Araragi is a cop.

Spoiler for Musubi back:

-"I don't know anything. You're the one who knows... Officer Araragi."
-Cracking down on a "rumor" before it can turn into a ghost story
-Police officer Koyomi Araragi who has begun working at the Hearsay Department of Naoetsu Station
-Hitagi and Tsubasa, who have left town
-What paths have the three have chosen after turning 23 years old
-and what are the feelings Koyomi will convey in the end...?

What the hell happened with Senjougahara? it was supposed Araragi is living with her but now she left the town? and is supposed Hitagi became immortal? so many questions.

----------------------------------------

Here is something more (source: http://hanabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magazin/1464002396/).

Spoiler for Possible spoilers:

Crab - works for a finance sector company overseas, broke up with Ararari twice and got back twice
What type of relationship they have right now... seems like all what happened on the previous LN's means nothing considering this is more like a hate/love relationship.
Old 2017-01-11, 11:50   Link #3265
DeliriousEagle

I just can't stop laughing. Feel bad for those who thought there would be an actual wedding. Good news for those in the other camps for end game.

Spoiler for Musubi:
Anyway proud of Snake oddly. Not my favorite character if not my least favorite, but damn good on her for achieving her dream.
Old 2017-01-11, 12:10   Link #3266
AB079
Banned

There are more spoilers coming out, I will update this post with them in a bit.

Personally I think Hitagi was the one breaking with Araragi considering how submissive he was with her. I only hope that didn't happened because of another man, the shit with Kaiki was enough.
Old 2017-01-11, 12:14   Link #3267
DeliriousEagle

Didn't in Owari vol 2 she stated if another guy asked her out she would say yes?

Would not be surprised if that was the case.

Spoiler for Shinobumono:

Last edited by DeliriousEagle; 2017-01-11 at 12:43. Reason: New hints for Shinobumono
Old 2017-01-11, 13:36   Link #3268
AB079
Banned

I have more spoilers and the illustrations of Musubimonogatari, everyone grew up obviously since this is placed in the future of the story.

Spoiler for Musubimonogatari:

Now regarding the story we have what I posted before and I need to add this:

-Araragi is now 23 and working as a cop in the Hearsay Department that Gaen izuko set up (he's kind of a spirit cop)
-For now there is nothing in the book talking about why Araragi and Senjougahara break up twice but they are still in a relationship.
-Musubimonogatari has only 4 arcs + prologue/epilogue.
-Araragi isn't living together with Gahara because she works on a different city, same for Hanekawa.

I have some pages of the last chapter where we have the third break up between Araragi and Senjougahara, I'll be working on that and then post them here.

-----------------------------------------

More spoilers about the different arcs of Musubimonogatari. Remember these new characters are all Araragi's senpai.

Spoiler for Zenka Mermaid:

Spoiler for Nozomi Golem:

Spoiler for Mitome Wolf:

Spoiler for Tsuzura Human::

----------------------------

And here it is, the last chapter with the third brake up between Araragi and Senjougahara.

But first..

>Araragi is home winding down from the aftermath of whatever events just went down in his life. Pondering all that and his situation with Hitagi.

>Walks into the living room to find Senjougahara just chilling on the sofa. Barely avoids falling the fuck down in shock.

>"Yo."
>"Don't give me "Yo". How'd you even get in here?"
>"You really should change the places where you hide your spare key, you know?"
>"You DO know there are multiple police officers living here, right?
>"I'm sorry, I apologize, I'm an idiot."

Spoiler for Last chatper:

TL: DR Koyomi and Senjougahara break up before she came back to Japan to finally live with Araragi instead of being away working on different places. Then she came back and went right into Koyomi's house, they still love each other and they're finally together again after this third break up.

Last edited by AB079; 2017-01-11 at 14:34.
Old 2017-01-11, 15:25   Link #3269
d-rew

Appreciate the spoilers/summaries!! But man, this feels like a damn rollercoaster, I can't handle it!
d-rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 04:27   Link #3270
DeliriousEagle

Got to love Gaen for setting up Araragi to be a Kaii cop.
Old 2017-01-12, 20:37   Link #3271
khalessi

http://pastebin.com/FRcGD0h8

Summary of the entire novel.

Cat's practically a commie now, and Crab was still the same crazy and suicidal girl from HS at the age of 19.

The whole Sodachi thing made me realize how much I dislike Crab as a character.

Last edited by khalessi; 2017-01-13 at 01:44.
khalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 21:01   Link #3272
AB079
Banned

Great, is nice to see the spoilers were true and the summary of the last chapter.

Basically everything is a mess as ever but I'm so glad to see Araragi and Hitagi getting back together and having the explanations of the 2 previous break ups here.

Also one thing that I like the most is how Nisio is showing a more mature side of the characters, and especially how they improved and changed after these 5 years.
Old 2017-01-12, 23:59   Link #3273
DeliriousEagle

So Hanekawa is a commie terrorist mary sue to a new level. Hitagi is still a insane bitch and Sodachi's life sucks. Araragi's co-workers are great and I would love to have more of them. Amused on how Shinobu styles herself now. Personally would like to have Araragi and Hitagi break up forever, but oh well. Interesting LN.
Old 2017-01-13, 08:49   Link #3274
AB079
Banned

@Khaleesi and @DeliriousEagle hold your horses, the pastebin has something wrong.

Hitagi wasn't the one who threatened Sodachi and Araragi with suicide, Hitagi didn't demanded anything and was Sodachi the one who left the house by herself and then threatened with killing herself if they didn't go back together.

Also Araragi hadn't been very clear about what happened with Sodachi and that's why Senjougahara went mad, this was entirely Araragi's fault for keeping things not very clear. In this case Sodachi is the one who want to see them together and that's the reason why she did that in order to fix Araragi's mess.

So yeah get things right before hating so much.

Spoiler for Correction.:

------------------------

I'll leave here these 2 links, one with the corrected summary and the other with the epilogue.

http://pastebin.com/GcmVaHZj

http://pastebin.com/ab9kyJMx

Last edited by AB079; 2017-01-13 at 15:13.
Old 2017-01-13, 15:37   Link #3275
khalessi

@AB079

I never liked Crab to begin with so this doesn't change my opinion about her tbh. Glad she wasn't the one to threaten suicide though since I found it odd even for her character.
khalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 04:30   Link #3276
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Anyone hyped for Shinobumonogatari?

I'm personally quite hyped about it, been loving Nisio Isin works.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:31   Link #3277
AB079
Banned

Shinobumonogatari listed for July 30.

https://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/f/dsg-01-9784062839020
Old 2017-07-01, 14:57   Link #3278
AB079
Banned

Cover of Shinobumonogatari.

Old 2017-07-01, 20:47   Link #3279
Fortebraccio

Help me

Hello guys, I hope someone will answer my questions
1: But the monogatari series has ended or will it continue?
2: But ends up with hitagi and koyomi coming together as it is written on the epilogue posted before? Or are there any other events that happen afterwards?
3: Has there been anything between kaiki and hitagi? Kind of a kiss or a statement? Or hitagi do not like kaiki? Just hit coyomi hitagi?
Has there been anything between kaiki and hitagi? Kind of a kiss or a statement?
4: hitagi Just loves koyomi?
5: What is the series in which the latest chronological facts are reported in the novels?
I would have some other small question, but first I will wait for an answer to these, thank you very much for those who will answer
Fortebraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 20:07   Link #3280
Fortebraccio

Boys could you tell me if hitagi has ever done something with a man? Or do you love araragi only?
Fortebraccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance