AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-22, 16:27   Link #3261
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Even though Rias' team lost to Vali's, the display of Crom's and Strada's overwhelming power still shook everyone as they took on or even overwhelmed the monsters that make up the Vali Team.

As if Rias' team weren't monsters already, she had to add the most powerful Evil Dragon and the strongest human(or one of them). Basically two brings who have immense power that throw common sense out the window.

I know Ishibumi has been busy trying to put a lot of things in the beginning of the final arc, writing DX3 and DX4, and doing Slash Dog, but he could have at least had Shiva appear once after Volume 22.

Also the lack of detail or follow up for certain characters is kind of annoying me. I kind of understand why he's doing it from the Afterword but still annoying nonetheless.

Strada and Crom's overwhelming power was no surprise to everyone given their reputation. They are legendary for a reason. Also the only people that are considered "monsters" on her team are Crom and Strada. The rest are still youths. Talented youths but are not much when compared to gods.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 16:53   Link #3262
Lucidrago

Still monsters regardless.

Would you say Grayfia and Diehauser aren't monsters?

And Kanzaki's dual Balance Breaker is the most amazing thing I've seen.

I just wonder who Kanzaki actually is. My guess is that he's from an entirely different world that has advanced technology largely uses terminals to access things in their world. And Kanzaki somehow found a way to access other worlds and dimensions through his terminal. And he somehow gained the ability to cross through space and time.

But somehow Kanzaki's world was destroyed and he used his terminal to escape his destroyed world taking some others with him forming a group. But somehow all the others were killed or their terminals destroyed which is the only thing that keeps them in different worlds.

And Kanzaki eventually came to the DxD world and somehow using his terminals hacked into the Sacred Gear system and basically borrowed Innovate Clear and Telos Karma. They have possessors but said possessors haven't awakened them yet. And somehow he came in contact with Ajuka and because of Ajuka's nature came to regard him as his nemesis. And at the same time somehow ended up blacklisted by every mythology.

I'm just guessing here. But Ajuka had to get the motivation to use phones to access the game he created from somewhere.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 16:56   Link #3263
TommyG

Diehauser I would call a monster since he can use his power and experience to take down god class beings, Grayfia I wouldn't call a monster since she is only maou class so no I don't think the rest of her team count as monsters. Kanzaki is the very definition of hax
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 17:08   Link #3264
Lord Kai

@Lucidrago Crom and Strada are considered monsters not only by power but also experience. The rest on Rias team have potential but are still young and inexperience when compared to veterans so I would not classify them as monsters yet.

Are Grayfia and Diehauser considered monsters? Yes, Grayfia is a war veteran and as a Maou class devil she's considered a monster by devil's standards. She even fought Artemis who is a goddess. Diehauser accomplishments in the tournament speaks for itself as he fought multiple gods and even defeated them
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 17:46   Link #3265
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Lucidrago While your theory is interesting, a few things from Volume 25 say something else:

Quote:
“From what I heard, Ajuka-sama’s [Game] is a reference to another [Game].”

“The main reference point is the system, or so I heard. Something to do with using a cell phone primarily. However, that [Game] doesn’t exist here.” continued Nakiri-kun.

Everyone looked at Nakiri-kun. He then continued to speak

“The [Game] that [Belzebut]’s concept is based on is something produced by a certain Sacred Gear.”

As if interrupting him, Roygun Belphegor-san then said

“—[Innovate Clear], right? One of the Longinus.”

Nakiri-kun was surprised by Roygun-san’s words and nodded.

“Yes, [Innovate Clear] is an ability that enables the user to create an ideal world in another dimension…that’s its normal ability.”
Volume 25 Life 2.

Quote:
“… Whichever it is, we can’t go back to that [Game] without getting something first.”

The conversation was completely incomprehensible to Gorou…but then Kanzaki looked in his direction.

“I understand. For now, if we can get closer to the people who are close to Sekiryuutei, then at the very least…”

“…All right. I am fine with it as long as I can get the [Bonus] after thirty years.”
Volume 25 New Dark.

Belzebut is a game based on another game that doesn't exist in the DxD world but was produced by Innovate Clear which enables the user to create an ideal world in another dimension and both Kanzaki Mitsuya and Kirino Shizuka sound like players for the game that Belzebut is based on given the mention of this so called "Bonus" also I know that Denpachi where Kanzaki is the MC and I am pretty sure Kirino is the heroine, it is about a game, a game called Innovate.
Old 2018-10-22, 19:35   Link #3266
sbh1fr

Spoiler for from vol25 LONGINUS:

I was wondetong what wad the valance breaker of sephiroth graal

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-10-22 at 20:30.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 19:41   Link #3267
fan

sbh1fr@ sub-species
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 20:32   Link #3268
sbh1fr

I mean valerie never used a balance breaker so far in the novels
Old 2018-10-22, 21:40   Link #3269
fan

sbh1fr@ valerie didn't need to . since no one knew that she had a sub-species . so she already was using her balance breaker
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 21:58   Link #3270
Tyler.R

This is from vol.16 life 3

“This is—the Longinus “Sephiroth Grail”. And it happens to be a masterpiece where it already comes with the requirement of unleashing Balance Breaker.”
Tyler.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 22:00   Link #3271
Tyler.R

So my guess is that it doesn't have two forms like Issei's gauntlet and BxB
Old 2018-10-23, 05:06   Link #3272
godz

So what is the balance breaker of sephirot graal?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 05:19   Link #3273
Lucidrago

I don't think it has one. Or else it would have been named. Unless it just hasn't been revealed yet. As what Markus said, I really don't get.

All I know is that Valerie's Sephiroth Graal in its base state is a subspecies where Valerie has three trails within her and can remove the weaknesses of supernatural species.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-10-23 at 06:14.
Old 2018-10-23, 13:37   Link #3274
Sauron12561

Quote:
Someone then stood in front of Gorou. It was a girl with black hair — Ophis. Ophis handled the Grim Reaper that came to attack by slapping him!

BAN!

The Grim Reaper vanished along with a parched voice! Ophis said to the Grim Reaper who had completely vanished.

“I won’t allow it. Whoever it may be.”
she just casually bitchslapped a grim reaper into oblivion, damn
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 14:22   Link #3275
Lucidrago

Hey they even knew who Ophis was upon seeing her so that Grim Reaper deserved what he got.

Seriously. To go charging to try to kill Issei's father with Ophis right there? Wonder how many facepalms that deserves.

But is it just me or was Ishibumi kind of rushing Volume 24 and 25? I just mean certain characters just went missing. You think that Ouryuu, Roygun, and Bova would at least appear after the Rating Game in Volume 25. Certain major characters are left out after a while. And certain characters disappear.

I feel like Ishibumi was trying not to make each volume too long but still he could have included those characters in the Next Life chapter. Even Riser appeared. Maybe Ishibumi is just introducing too many major characters. But still It's like there's no follow-up for characters he intended to be major parts of the final arc.

I just think he's saving it for Shin. And was so obsessed with making sure DxD didn't go over a set number of volumes.

But still no Shiva or Ajuka who are basically the organizers of the tournament at the end. No Issei talking with Sirzechs or Azazel telling them he has made it to the new stage or Azazel commenting about the newly classified Longinus. No Ddraig speaking to Albion and Albion being jealous of Ddraig for gaining a physical form temporarily.
(unless I missed it).

A lot of things I'm glad Ishibumi included like the introduction of Innovate Clear and Telos Karma and Kanzaki appearing. And Issei finally meeting Indra. And learning what Ajuka's game was. Those were long overdue. But the volume still felt very empty especially after the preliminaries were over.
Old 2018-10-23, 14:50   Link #3276
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Hey they even knew who Ophis was upon seeing her so that Grim Reaper deserved what he got.

Seriously. To go charging to try to kill Issei's father with Ophis right there? Wonder how many facepalms that deserves.

But is it just me or was Ishibumi kind of rushing Volume 24 and 25? I just mean certain characters just went missing. You think that Ouryuu, Roygun, and Bova would at least appear after the Rating Game in Volume 25. Certain major characters are left out after a while. And certain characters disappear.

I feel like Ishibumi was trying not to make each volume too long but still he could have included those characters in the Next Life chapter. Even Riser appeared. Maybe Ishibumi is just introducing too many major characters. But still It's like there's no follow-up for characters he intended to be major parts of the final arc.

I just think he's saving it for Shin. And was so obsessed with making sure DxD didn't go over a set number of volumes.

But still no Shiva or Ajuka who are basically the organizers of the tournament at the end. No Issei talking with Sirzechs or Azazel telling them he has made it to the new stage or Azazel commenting about the newly classified Longinus. No Ddraig speaking to Albion and Albion being jealous of Ddraig for gaining a physical form temporarily.
(unless I missed it).

A lot of things I'm glad Ishibumi included like the introduction of Innovate Clear and Telos Karma and Kanzaki appearing. And Issei finally meeting Indra. And learning what Ajuka's game was. Those were long overdue. But the volume still felt very empty especially after the preliminaries were over.
Ajuka showed up to talk to First Dark or who ever, and Shiva hasn't done squat for the tournament arc, and it's not like Issei can just talk to Azazel and Sirzechs whenever. They are fighting to the death here.

As for the others, Roygun, Oryuu and Bova weren't major parts of the game (unfortunately so, I wanted more of Roygun) and I'm pretty sure Albion is coming out of his gear as well soon.
Old 2018-10-23, 15:46   Link #3277
sbh1fr

Grim reaper was desperate. He was gonna dir by kanzaki, so he desoerately tryed to bet his last everything on avenging thanatos
Old 2018-10-23, 19:28   Link #3278
Tbolt

The heavenly Bitch slap!
Old 2018-10-23, 19:34   Link #3279
Tyler.R

I believe valerie's BxB is just bringing out a holy grail from her body like she did to heal team members in the rating games
Old 2018-10-23, 21:04   Link #3280
godz

Hey, why did not taninn participate in the azazel tournament?
godz is offline   Reply With Quote