AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 07:41   Link #301
hyl
reading #hikaributts

There hasn't been an anime adaption of a key work since Clannad (The VN was made in 2004 ), i doubt we will get Little busters or rewrite any time soon.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 07:43   Link #302
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, the days of gal-game VN adaptations are over.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 07:52   Link #303
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Actually VN adaptions are more common than ever the past years, but the overall quality of the adaptions are lower than before. There has been every season pretty much 1 VN or eroge adaption, while it was quite rare to see one a few years ago. Just like light novel adaptions they are very common now, while it wasn't so common before the succes of Zero no Tsukaima and Shana.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:58   Link #304
Candyshark

but most VN adaptations go fanservice route Yosuga, Tsubasa, Majikoi. Mashiro is really pleasant surprise is that perspective. It has so little fanserice scene I pretty much go "Where are my pantyshots?!"

Have to admit part of this charm lies in coziness of this forum and constant in-depth observations fom relentlessflame, hyl, Vena and likes. :P

Personally I liked Ibuki and Madoka stories and it had conclusion compared to other love comedies.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 11:30   Link #305
hyl
reading #hikaributts

a LQ creditless version of the ED

Old 2011-11-06, 12:11   Link #306
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
but most VN adaptations go fanservice route Yosuga, Tsubasa, Majikoi. Mashiro is really pleasant surprise is that perspective. It has so little fanserice scene I pretty much go "Where are my pantyshots?!"
I think we have less fanservice in Mashiro-iro because the VN contains less generally than other works at least from the two routes I completed. I don't know if it's 100 % valid, it just felt like it. From the preview the next episode seems to have its share of fanservice, but other than that it manages quite well to transmit the story without relying on it .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 12:23   Link #307
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Overall the VN didn't have too many fanservice scenes (Ange, Airi and Sakuno had 1 or 2 scenes and Miu had a scene replaced in the psp version, that could be considered fanservice. Sana and Yutsuki didn't have any fanservice scenes) excluding the H-scenes (which are excluded in the all ages version of the psp).

edit:
for the interested: the webradio hosted by the seiyuu of Sena Airi and Uryuu Shingo uploaded on youtube

episode 3
guest: Oma Ichimura (seiyuu of Ange, which is fitting because episode 3 of the radio aired 1 day after episode 5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4lz6DV_bSs

the videos found on niconico of episode 1 and 2 have terrible quality, so i am making my own version in the next few days.
And i will probably replace episode 3 that was found on niconico for my own version as well

edit: episode 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOvhKPc1nE

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-06 at 14:06.
Old 2011-11-07, 04:41   Link #308
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Overall the VN didn't have too many fanservice scenes (Ange, Airi and Sakuno had 1 or 2 scenes and Miu had a scene replaced in the psp version, that could be considered fanservice. Sana and Yutsuki didn't have any fanservice scenes) excluding the H-scenes (which are excluded in the all ages version of the psp).

edit:
for the interested: the webradio hosted by the seiyuu of Sena Airi and Uryuu Shingo uploaded on youtube

episode 3
guest: Oma Ichimura (seiyuu of Ange, which is fitting because episode 3 of the radio aired 1 day after episode 5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4lz6DV_bSs

the videos found on niconico of episode 1 and 2 have terrible quality, so i am making my own version in the next few days.
And i will probably replace episode 3 that was found on niconico for my own version as well

edit: episode 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOvhKPc1nE
what about inui did she got a fanservice too?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:51   Link #309
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
As for the drama in Romance-dramas: I am glad that there hasn't been any ("heavy") drama yet in the first five episodes. There are hints that it may start à la the uncertainty of Miu's kitty club future based on the dialogue of the school head and Miu, but other than that it has fortunately (for me at least) been calm. The inital heavy atmosphere with Airi was cleared and Ange's temporary down-feeling was resolved as well. This technically leaves only Sakuno and Miu for the inital drama phase to be "completed" .
actully you forgot we still have inui beside sakuno and miu
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:01   Link #310
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
what about inui did she got a fanservice too?
quoting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Old 2011-11-07, 09:23   Link #311
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

As expected, some idiots from Myanimelist start associating this show with School Days.

"I hope this will end like School Days"

"This is much like School Days"

While they may trolling but this just too much...In fact almost every harem/seinen romance shows are treated pretty much like this.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:38   Link #312
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
As expected, some idiots from Myanimelist start associating this show with School Days.
Why even both giving these clueless people the time of day? They clearly haven't paid any attention whatsoever to the tone, theme, character development... or basically anything else in this show. If all they can see is "one guy, multiple girls... this could end in bloodshed," you're better off to just ignore them because they're crazy.
Old 2011-11-07, 11:42   Link #313
hyl
reading #hikaributts

If they want bloodshed and a yandere, they should watch Mirai Nikki instead

edit:

nuko radio episode 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HsTqFDnlWMo

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-07 at 13:03.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:42   Link #314
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 05

Just wanted to jump in here and say that scene when Angie was bawling, man that was moe-melting super effective to my sanity This is hilarious because I'm the guy who grew up with the "don't make girls cry" credo, but this scene.... the way she was crying out, punding on my chest....I'd so marry her just to tease her headband

But don't worry InuInu, you're not small up there. As long as I massa-*gets punched by Sena-chan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scan nsfw bath time:
lol that Kitty Ball.... grabbing her butt. I WANT TO BE THAT KITTY BALL
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:31   Link #315
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Why even both giving these clueless people the time of day? They clearly haven't paid any attention whatsoever to the tone, theme, character development... or basically anything else in this show. If all they can see is "one guy, multiple girls... this could end in bloodshed," you're better off to just ignore them because they're crazy.
I know those people are trolls but at same time they just impossible to ignore them as they comments pops out almost every time when I discuss this show episode after episode. That's the reason I rarely went there again.

By the way after 4 episodes of it and I had to say this is the best Autumn 2011 show. Even better than Horizon and Chihayafuru(though Chihayafuru still the best shoujo I ever saw). I will stick to very end. BGM also very good and it fact even better than Yosuga no Sora.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:26   Link #316
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, they should have also watched Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi during Spring. Or the majority of animes during 2011.. It's probably because of the fact that there is barely any fanservice that they are expecting things to smack us in the head later on?

Also free picture of Uryuu Sakuno for the sister lovers.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2011-11-08, 00:10   Link #317
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Sakuno SAIKOU! Prefer her in her old school uniform (top right), as blue suits her quite well.

Which makes me quite sad that anime seems to be going to Airi route, with how many flags been raised. Sakuno stole my heart with her smile in the cellphone picture, and it breaks my heart how little screentime she gets while Airi gets at least a third of the every episode.

That said, series is still very enjoyable, and only until now I realize why... the storytelling and the atmosphere reminds me a lot of how they did the original To Heart. That is, less emphasis on fanservice and comedy, but gives you loads of heartwarming drama. Which for me is very nostalgic, since To Heart is the anime that got me hooked towards digital fansubs in the first place.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 00:30   Link #318
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
That said, series is still very enjoyable, and only until now I realize why... the storytelling and the atmosphere reminds me a lot of how they did the original To Heart. That is, less emphasis on fanservice and comedy, but gives you loads of heartwarming drama. Which for me is very nostalgic, since To Heart is the anime that got me hooked towards digital fansubs in the first place.
Hmm... actually that's not a bad comparison. To Heart's theme/mood was more "nostalgia", whereas this one is more... hmm... "longing"? That and To Heart had more character episodes, where as this show is trying to have a bit more of a flowing plot that connects everything. But otherwise, I can definitely see the similarities.

And unrelated... Sakuno's cellphone picture from the first episode was totally cute. "Take a picture where you are" --> a cute picture of herself where she is. (And incidentally, I love Sakuno's look with her hair down, as seen in the aforementioned picture. I'm not exactly sure how she bunches that much hair in her updo. )
Old 2011-11-08, 00:38   Link #319
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... hadn't thought of comparing it to the original To Heart series either. I like the nostalgia vs. longing comparison, but somehow feel as if there is a better word out there for Mashiro-iro....

Wish I could "dig it up". It's kind of like "reflection" and "circumspection" about things on a deep level - the sort of thing one does in quiet and by oneself, associated with the season of winter and kinda what Sena has been doing with regards to Uryu last episode.

Almost like a deep musing of sorts? Maybe? But such musing or reflection is bound up with longing - again characteristic of the quiet and still thinking about things in the middle of a frozen winter evening....

Hmph ... I am not finding the words very well this evening....
Old 2011-11-08, 01:13   Link #320
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Also free picture of Uryuu Sakuno for the sister lovers.
Spoiler for NSFW:
Hair down Sakuno. I don't see that often, if you hadn't mentioned a name I would have thought that was another girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow, To Heart. Didn't think anyone else remembered that Interesting that you'd mention that, as that series was one of the first that gave me a sense of characters having true companionship between each other.

I see you're rocking the new sig XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Almost like a deep musing of sorts? Maybe? But such musing or reflection is bound up with longing - again characteristic of the quiet and still thinking about things in the middle of a frozen winter evening....

Hmph ... I am not finding the words very well this evening....
What I feel from Mashiro-iro, something along the lines of self-reflection. Even I don't know if I'm saying it correctly, but it's mainly due to the story so far of Sena-chan and Angie. With Sena, she was in a phase where she was really alienating those around her, and shutting them off for the sake of her own circumstances. While sensible in a way, it also doesn't hurt to have friends to share those circumstances with, and to also not dig too deep a hole and fall into it.

With Angie, she was on the verge of losing her identity, and in an attempt to do good on that, she almost lost sight of what it truly means to do the role she has.

Thanks to Uryuu, these 2 girls got their lives back on track, with more smiles and less dullness. Co-ed does help in it's own way

Which I can see it already with MewMew, a phase where she'll [need to] question the role she has with caring for the animals. Is it fine to take care of them when they're locked up? Or let them fend for themselves? Find out next.... on the next Symphony.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen