AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-07, 14:00   Link #3101
ChuckE
Provoker

I suspected that Mirio might lose his powers there. The reason is that he overshadows main character.
Old 2017-09-07, 16:26   Link #3102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mirio had no way to know what kind of bullet they were truly going to use. Could have very well been a regular one, in which case Eri would have been killed (and we know it's not a problem for Overhaul if she dies). He couldn't take that risk.
Old 2017-09-07, 16:35   Link #3103
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^agree,

i was also kind of dissappointed in this chapter, its not really reaching me as it should,

im quite displeased with the fact that right at the most convenient time the MC shows up as well and will save the day
Most convenient my ass. Mirio kept fighting for several minutes despite losing his quirk. Chisaki had barely managed to strike him and he showed no signs of giving up.
Old 2017-09-07, 16:35   Link #3104
Wandering Soul

RIP Mirio's future as a hero. There might be a way for him to get his quirk back and I'm sure he'll try, but for now he proved that he was true hero.
Old 2017-09-07, 22:00   Link #3105
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Yes this is badass chapter for Mirio, i am not surprise if in next popularity poll Mirio is among top 5 heck maybe no. 1 position.
On other note Mirio father really same as Mirio and more closer to Tintin. Guess Mirio face actually came from gene rather oddity.
This chapter sealing the possibility for Mirio being traitor, we see how Mirio so genuine for his hero dream it will be against his character if Mirio turn out become traitor or evil. The only plausible way Mirio turn evil is him get brainwashed other possibility than that are unlikely.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 22:37   Link #3106
Waxman

I like this chapter quite a bit.
First off i don't think Mirio should recover his quirk, i don't hate him or think he overshadow Deku but actions need to have consequenses to make the stakes feel real.
That said I don't think that Mirio will give up on beign a hero now that he's quirkless, we've seen what people can do with only physical abilities, it will be harder but i think he will manage.
Also and this has nothing to do with anything but i am calling it now, Mirio will give Deku his cape.
Since the beta version of his hero suit Deku's hood(?) that he never put on was in my head destined to evolve into a cape like All Might. I am not saying he will start wearing it now but it will be in a future version of the suit.
Now just to recap the "traitor candidates" the 2 more likely were...
The Director, the only (as far as i know) animal with a quirk that could have been granted to him bi AFO. Unlikely true but could be interesting
Monoma, his quirk "Copy" can be a mutation of AFO's own quirk wich means he may be AFO's (grand)child.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 23:04   Link #3107
Twi

A Cape would interfere with Izuku's fighting style though.
Old 2017-09-07, 23:37   Link #3108
Waxman

For now, yeah, but when he does master more of AFO and improves his hand to hand combat a cape may go with his costume.
I mean Batman has a cape and he is one of the best martial artist.
Old 2017-09-07, 23:51   Link #3109
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
For now, yeah, but when he does master more of AFO and improves his hand to hand combat a cape may go with his costume.
I mean Batman has a cape and he is one of the best martial artist.
and batman is not normal, unlike izuku
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 00:01   Link #3110
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mirio had no way to know what kind of bullet they were truly going to use. Could have very well been a regular one, in which case Eri would have been killed (and we know it's not a problem for Overhaul if she dies). He couldn't take that risk.
There's more to it than that. These guy's only need her quirk, they don't need her to be able to think beyond basic a biological level. It's entirely possible that, should the shot Quirk Suppressant hit her head, it would be low enough that Overhaul can "repair" her to continue living, but high enough that Mirio can't save her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
RIP Mirio's future as a hero. There might be a way for him to get his quirk back and I'm sure he'll try, but for now he proved that he was true hero.
Actually, I foresee Mirio becoming a successful "Quirkless Hero", which I honestly think that this story might benefit from. Additionally, we are already confident that Mirio has enough personal experience and ability to be successful as a Hero, and being the first and possibly (probably not, but possibly) only Hero to lose their Quirk seemingly permanently would make him a good person to rally around should this technology become more prevalent/mass producible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
I like this chapter quite a bit.
First off i don't think Mirio should recover his quirk, i don't hate him or think he overshadow Deku but actions need to have consequenses to make the stakes feel real.
That said I don't think that Mirio will give up on beign a hero now that he's quirkless, we've seen what people can do with only physical abilities, it will be harder but i think he will manage.
Also and this has nothing to do with anything but i am calling it now, Mirio will give Deku his cape.
Since the beta version of his hero suit Deku's hood(?) that he never put on was in my head destined to evolve into a cape like All Might. I am not saying he will start wearing it now but it will be in a future version of the suit.
Now just to recap the "traitor candidates" the 2 more likely were...
The Director, the only (as far as i know) animal with a quirk that could have been granted to him bi AFO. Unlikely true but could be interesting
Monoma, his quirk "Copy" can be a mutation of AFO's own quirk wich means he may be AFO's (grand)child.
If Mirio does get his Quirk back, it shouldn't be soon. Preferably in a in-story year or more, preferably more. It is stated to be permanent, after all. And during that time, he should continue working as a Hero.

I don't see Deku getting a cape. Like Twi said, it doesn't suit Deku's current fighting style, and, in my mind, it'll put him a bit too close to All Might's look for how Deku's actually progressing as a character. I don't think that Deku should become All Might, I think that a step forward would be Deku losing the Rabbit Ears on his hoody, as they seem like they are meant to imitate All Might's Hair. Replacing the hood with something would be beneficial, though.

The Director is unlikely to work with his creator/s. It was stated that he wasn't treated well by them.

I don't see Monoma being a traitor. He's a bit of an idiot with an ego problem. Not someone willing to be someone's lackey. Someone like Shiozaki (vine haired girl) is more likely in my mind. That said, why are we assuming that there is going to be or already is a traitor among the students, again?
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 00:04   Link #3111
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I can't help but think he chose wrong. So what if Eri gets shot with that "bullet"? At worst it'll hurt a bit. It wasn't worth losing his quirk over.

Heck, if it erased her quirk, it would solve a lot of problems. (Though I don't think it would, since it came from her.)
But what if the villain shot Eri's head or heart?

I don't think any good hero will gamble on that unless they are psychic.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 02:20   Link #3112
marvelB

Wow, Mirio was awesome this chapter! It's just too bad that he may have lost his quirk forever.... but on the other hand, I think it would be all the more interesting if he can still manage to become a great hero without his quirk. I mean, he could just go full Batman and use a bunch of tools/gadgets to make up for the lack of powers instead. You know, give our gal Hatsume a nice guinea pig to work with, heh.

There was one particular moment in the chapter that stood out for me, though.... at least, if the translation's right: Overhaul asked Mirio if he was saving Eri for her sake, or for the sake of playing the hero (his own ego, in other words). I found that particularly interesting because this rescue mission may potentially be the crossroads where our Pac-Man-eyed hero chooses to walk down either the path of an All Might (selfless champion who truly cares about saving lies), or an Endeavor (talented but ultimately selfish pro who treats hero work more like a business).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 12:20   Link #3113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
I don't see Monoma being a traitor. He's a bit of an idiot with an ego problem. Not someone willing to be someone's lackey. Someone like Shiozaki (vine haired girl) is more likely in my mind. That said, why are we assuming that there is going to be or already is a traitor among the students, again?
IIRC, it goes back to the training camp, only a few teachers and the students concerned knew about its location, yet the villains attacked it. I believe it was the principal who deduced there was a traitor among the staff or the students. People favor the traitor being a student because it would be a bigger twist.

I don't know why Mirio was among the suspects though, since he's unrelated to the incident. It should be someone from 1-A or 1-B.
Old 2017-09-08, 12:33   Link #3114
thefreakmike

Maybe the traitor is some sort of "sleeper agent" ala Manchurian Candidate, who doesnt even know he/she is working for them and gets "activated" from time to time
Old 2017-09-08, 14:10   Link #3115
Waxman

It was Mic sensei who deduced there was a traitor.
I don't think the Director is the traitor but i do believe it's a possibility that we'll eventually learn that he was one of AFO experiments and assume he's the traitor.
Monoma is also a good candidate in my book.
But then again it can be anyone, heck for all we know AFO took Hagakure's Quirk and gave it to an spy girl, it's not like we know how Hagakure looks like.
Old 2017-09-08, 18:50   Link #3116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

IMO Monoma isn't a good candidate because he's a rather irrelevant character (I didn't even remember his name). If the author is drawing this out, it means he intends for the revelation to be shocking. It'll be a character we know well.
Old 2017-09-08, 21:56   Link #3117
Skaddix

My god the villains need to hit gym and have a training arc these guys are embarrassing we going to upgrade to some villains who are actually good at fighting?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 21:57   Link #3118
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
But what if the villain shot Eri's head or heart?

I don't think any good hero will gamble on that unless they are psychic.
Cause he is needs her alive and has repeatedly said as much?

He only took the bullet because he didn't want her to get hurt.
Old 2017-09-08, 22:26   Link #3119
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Cause he is needs her alive and has repeatedly said as much?

He only took the bullet because he didn't want her to get hurt.
They are villain. Do you think they will care about their plan over their survival?

Again, hero cannot risk or gamble on it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 22:41   Link #3120
Skaddix

Considering she is critical to their plan yeah I think the villains aren't going to try to land a kill on a tool they still need.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot