Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-12-22, 00:40   Link #3041
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^This is gold

Often I saw people give arguments that compare Satou to ordinary people, like can you monitor every little thing in the radar, you can't right, then Satou also can't. But this comparison is foolish in the first place, for Satou is a God.

But Mito is Japanese Bishoujo too but not considered ugly
So you're saying that just because Satou is/close to that realm, he's allowed to do anything (moral/decent/indecent/etc.) he wants?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:41   Link #3042
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Only other prominent Japanese-faced female character is Hikaru, and I don't think anyone would DARE call her ugly when she's the divine founder of the nation.

Not to mention she was using a disguise magic so people can't recognize her features.
Do people even know what yamato look like, I though it was only the king and the prime minster since they have a picture of her. Also I dont think she uses disguise when she met zena and john smith.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:43   Link #3043
Mirable
ミラベル

For Satou, Zena said she can't call him handsome. his face is like shota if you ask me no wonder adult women doesn't fall for Satou because they prefer someone like Hayato.

For Mito yeah it's weird for me too. maybe nobody dare to comments "ugly" to the founder of Shiga Kingdom.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:45   Link #3044
mugetsu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
So it's fine as in you wont be consider ugly if you only have one or two feature that are condering unpleasant?

@ophis
Thank, yeah that's what I am trying to said.
and you want me to do with that? that is the "common sense" of the world that can be very foolish. If you have a complaint give it the author, who likes to abuse lulu

No heroic stories ...

There are no heroes in war."
mugetsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:47   Link #3045
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Do people even know what yamato look like, I though it was only the king and the prime minster since they have a picture of her. Also I dont think she uses disguise when she met zena and john smith.
Not sure if her face is known outside of the royal palace, but I figure that couldn't possibly be the only painting of her around.

The only time we've seen her in public is as Countess, and we don't really know if she used a disguise.
As for Zena and John Smith, well, for one the latter is a Japanese to begin with. Why in the world would he find her ugly?
And I don't think looking unattractive would even be a mention with homely Zena.
Old 2015-12-22, 00:51   Link #3046
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not sure if her face is known outside of the royal palace, but I figure that couldn't possibly be the only painting of her around.

The only time we've seen her in public is as Countess, and we don't really know if she used a disguise.
As for Zena and John Smith, well, for one the latter is a Japanese to begin with. Why in the world would he find her ugly?
And I don't think looking unattractive would even be a mention with homely Zena.
Problem is she also met zena friends and they have a meeting in public too a diner I think, so if someone have call her ugly, we all know what would have happen but there was no comment on this.
Old 2015-12-22, 00:53   Link #3047
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
For Satou, Zena said she can't call him handsome. his face is like shota if you ask me no wonder adult women doesn't fall for Satou because they prefer someone like Hayato.

For Mito yeah it's weird for me too. maybe nobody dare to comments "ugly" to the founder of Shiga Kingdom.
Now that you've mentioned it, he did looked really young in the pics he's in (then again, he's in a 15 year old body......). I just need to find out what Hayato looks like. If that's really the case, then no wonder his luck with adult women is terrible.
Old 2015-12-22, 00:56   Link #3048
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Due to bad illustrations everyone's face looks the same anyway lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
So you're saying that just because Satou is/close to that realm, he's allowed to do anything (moral/decent/indecent/etc.) he wants?
Something close to that
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:57   Link #3049
mugetsu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Sigh, please read properly what people write. He's been saying that it's weird that the only person with a Japanese appearance that is called ugly is Lulu. None of the other Japanese characters in this story get criticized as ugly by the common folks, only Lulu.
Well, can I say, besides that strange as it is, that is the settings that world history or maybe author has something against lulu

No heroic stories ...

There are no heroes in war."
mugetsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 00:57   Link #3050
luffyxnami

Quote:
Now that you've mentioned it, he did looked really young in the pics he's in (then again, he's in a 15 year old body......). I just need to find out what Hayato looks like. If that's really the case, then no wonder his luck with adult women is terrible.
Not sure if his look is the cause, because karina fall for him didn't she. I think is more of the fact that he give people the impression that he is a lolicon.
Old 2015-12-22, 01:04   Link #3051
wuhugm
Confused Shark

"I fall for a guy because of his face"

Said no heroine ever
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 01:07   Link #3052
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Not sure if his look is the cause, because karina fall for him didn't she. I think is more of the fact that he give people the impression that he is a lolicon.
Karina's is just one of those people that I have a hard time understanding how she fell in love with Satou in the WN (I know that to other readers, they easily understand it). Unlike the others, she hasn't really spend time/bonded with Satou (I've heard it's different in the LN). She had believed that Satou was the 'Silver Mask Hero' that saved Muno (she was right, but Satou used one of his skills to lie out of it), and their meetings (when he stayed in Muno for a while) usually begins with her attacking Satou; so I'm a bit doubtful that she fell in love with Satou because of his looks.
Old 2015-12-22, 02:07   Link #3053
Pierre

Even if he doesn't watch anime or read manga, he still would be considered a gaming otaku because he plays mmorpgs, there are several monologues by him complaining about having to do a quest in a game or other mmorpg nonsense. So what if he has had girlfriends, every single one of my friends, and we would all be considered otaku have either girlfriends or wives. Every thing anime tends to be exaggerated, from any person liking anime being some social reject to girl grouping each other in hot springs like its normal. He is a game designer for christ sake.

And to the other person, yes that is exactly what it means. The laws of man don't apply to gods, that is kind of the whole point. A god can do whatever the hell they want.

Anyways back on topic, we finally met Partion at the end of web novel 10. Although it was only a brief glimpse, but I am curious who the dog headed demon was talking about, a past self of Satou? I mean it clearly wasn't current Satou but whoever it was, was similar enough to him, that Satou felt like the guy was copying him.

Regarding Lulu, I am not so surprised by it, people just have different taste. I mean people consider Megan Fox and Angeline Jolie to be extremely attractive while I don't find them even remotely as such. I mean I can recognize that they are not "ugly" but I don't find them attractive. And it probably the same with Lulu, its not that she is "ugly" she just doesn't appeal to those people. People have different Aesthetics of beauty even amongst homogeneous groups.

But honestly its impossible to tell these things from anime/manga, from the pictures I have seen Lulu to me doesn't look particularly different from the other girls from a feature standpoint, just that here hair is black.

http://www.sousetsuka.com/p/blog-page_11.html

To me her, and Satou don't look like a different ethnicity from anyone else, just the hair color is different. But its like in Mahouka where everyone says Tatsuya is plain while miyuki is the most pretty person in the world, when he looks like a bishonen from the illustrations, and Miyuki looks pretty standard. Artist just can't convey it.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 03:04   Link #3054
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Even if he doesn't watch anime or read manga, he still would be considered a gaming otaku because he plays mmorpgs, there are several monologues by him complaining about having to do a quest in a game or other mmorpg nonsense.
Eh, no.
"If he plays video games he's an otaku"

Nah, not really. There are plenty of MMO casual players who are not otaku.

You might not realize this Pierre, but to us Japanese, "otaku" is a rather strong word.

"otaku" is not a simple choice of hobby, it's an life style and demeanor.
Just like not everyone who watches Star Trek in their life is a "trekkie".
Old 2015-12-22, 06:31   Link #3055
Gimmesum

at most Satou can be considered normal guy in the society
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 08:50   Link #3056
moridin84
Custom User Title

Love and lust are two separate things. In the same way, having casual sex with strangers and entering a romantic relationship with someone are two very different things. I do not really consider myself a liberal here but I can at least understand his relaxed attitude towards sex. I do not want to be rude here, but I can only think that people who equate the two are not very mature.

Also, even if you could accuse him of toying with girl's feelings, you definitely can't say that in regards to Arisa. She completely understands his feelings on the matter but still persists. How is that his fault?

And regardless, there's nothing hypocritical there.

There is a bit more of a case about hypocrisy in regards to the topic of him becoming a noble but not really. He stated he didn't want to become a noble during the discussion about him becoming a noble. This doesn't mean he was being hypocritical for actually becoming one, it just means that he was reluctant to become one.

Another thing would be him claiming to not want to get involved in troublesome things. However, again, it's an expression of reluctance, not an absolute refusal. Plus, he has fun talking with nobles and other people, as well as cooking and doing various things. So him doing that is not inconsistent, even if it ends up being a little troublesome.

Also, I don't think it matters whether he is a otaku or not. Like seriously, stop with your stereotyping.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 13:46   Link #3057
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Love and lust are two separate things. In the same way, having casual sex with strangers and entering a romantic relationship with someone are two very different things. I do not really consider myself a liberal here but I can at least understand his relaxed attitude towards sex. I do not want to be rude here, but I can only think that people who equate the two are not very mature.

Also, even if you could accuse him of toying with girl's feelings, you definitely can't say that in regards to Arisa. She completely understands his feelings on the matter but still persists. How is that his fault?

And regardless, there's nothing hypocritical there.

There is a bit more of a case about hypocrisy in regards to the topic of him becoming a noble but not really. He stated he didn't want to become a noble during the discussion about him becoming a noble. This doesn't mean he was being hypocritical for actually becoming one, it just means that he was reluctant to become one.

Another thing would be him claiming to not want to get involved in troublesome things. However, again, it's an expression of reluctance, not an absolute refusal. Plus, he has fun talking with nobles and other people, as well as cooking and doing various things. So him doing that is not inconsistent, even if it ends up being a little troublesome.

Also, I don't think it matters whether he is a otaku or not. Like seriously, stop with your stereotyping.
Uh, one definition of hypocrisy is "behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel" which fit all the thing satou do, sure you can said and use the excuse he was reluctance about it not absolute refusal but the thing he is doing which is against what he claim is the very act of hypocrisy. There could be different level of hypocrisy a person is but doesn't change that he is still a hypocrite.
Also regarding harem, I have nothing against him going to brothel, but on harem it's pretty obvious it's going to happen and satou probably know it somewhere deep down but again his mild case of hypocrisy is acting up. Like seriously how do you think this is going to end?
What the girl each find another guy they like?
He just go back home and leave all the girl behind?
They have the same statue quo?
Old 2015-12-22, 14:07   Link #3058
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Uh, one definition of hypocrisy is "behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel" which fit all the thing satou do, sure you can said and use the excuse he was reluctance about it not absolute refusal but the thing he is doing which is against what he claim is the very act of hypocrisy. There could be different level of hypocrisy a person is but doesn't change that he is still a hypocrite.
Also regarding harem, I have nothing against him going to brothel, but on harem it's pretty obvious it's going to happen and satou probably know it somewhere deep down but again his mild case of hypocrisy is acting up. Like seriously how do you think this is going to end?
What the girl each find another guy they like?
He just go back home and leave all the girl behind?
They have the same statue quo?
Then let's just see if it ends in a harem or not. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. Because Satou is only interested in 'one person', that doesn't mean people should harp on him because he's not interested in a harem. Even if he does (somehow) is interested in harem, do people realize that half of them has to grow first (5 - 10 years) before Satou even considers doing anything to them. If you're going to harp on Satou for not being interested in a harem you might as well harp on other MCs who's doing the same. The only thing I'm bothered by is that the author keeps on adding girls that like Satou (along with Satou not 'putting his food down' to make his statements clear instead of halfway to clearly state his intentions when one of the girls causes problems/misunderstandings ). Other than that, I'm just reading to see how it goes.
Old 2015-12-22, 14:19   Link #3059
luffyxnami

Quote:
Then let's just see if it ends in a harem or not. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. Because Satou is only interested in 'one person', that doesn't mean people should harp on him because he's not interested in a harem. Even if he does (somehow) is interested in harem, do people realize that half of them has to grow first (5 - 10 years) before Satou even considers doing anything to them. If you're going to harp on Satou for not being interested in a harem you might as well harp on other MCs who's doing the same. The only thing I'm bothered by is that the author keeps on adding girls that like Satou (along with Satou not 'putting his food down' to make his statements clear instead of halfway to clearly state his intentions when one of the girls causes problems/misunderstandings ). Other than that, I'm just reading to see how it goes.
I am just pointing out how his action in regard to harem is also a case of hypocrisy. Someone in the threat ask how is satou a hypocrite and naturally this topic would come up since it part of it to show it.
Old 2015-12-22, 14:47   Link #3060
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
@Raget
Having a harem is hard but satou pretty much have a god like body with his limitless stamina, vitality plus self healing, so I doubt it would be hard for him, plus all he have to do is put some point into his night time skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I don't really want to enter all this discussion about hypocrisy or whatever but, I just couldn't ignore this paragraph. lmao

Even in real life, it's not all that hard to accomplish that with 2-4 girls. What to say of a fantasy setting, where the guy is basically a God with infinite stamina, and could even maximize a sex skill to boot.

It's like, you could give Satou 20 girls in a night and they would die of exhaustion before Satou even started to sweat.
Clearly my wording was twisted out of context; if it's a relationship built on, and held together by sex, it's a pretty cheap relationship. In fact, if all it took to maintain a relationship was sex, then it would be little different from a relationship with whores.

While I did say "sexual relationship", I meant a "relationship of a sexual nature" (ei, boyfriend-girlfriend, husband-wife, and not something like acquaintances and friends). There's a reason the term "fuck buddies" exists.
Managing a serious relationship with several people, who all expect something from you, whether it be serious romantic feelings, or occasional exclusiveness to you? A serious pain.

But I guess the fact that my comment was misunderstood like that just shows what people really want out of all this.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring