AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 04:45   Link #281
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
No TomaxMikoto interactions, No fun!
To tell the truth thats the main reason I miss him. It's not because I find him cool (but he is definately cooler here than in the anime or novels which is a plus) but more because of he and Mikoto make such an enjoyable couple to watch.

Yet isntead we are being fed with yuri fanservice. Some of it - nothing bad - but it gets repetative with time. It is not particularly explicit yet, but it is still getting more and more annoying.

Touma is an important character in the original (heck he is the main) and Mikoto's love interest so I think he do deserve at least some of the screen-time on the railgun too. Yet the latest manga makes forget of who he is and how he looks as he is nowhere in sight for many many chapters in the row now.

Not saying that Mikoto and others are not fun - they are (if you ignore yuri undertones) but Touma should be bit more reappearing character than he is in the manga, given his importance to the main plot.
Old 2009-06-26, 06:17   Link #282
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Railgun manga did not forget about him, but it can't show him since he and Mikoto won't meet until the Imouto arc. It would screw up the plot if he appeared after the "I'll be serious... but are you sure about that?" scene and before the reunion scene. After that, he will probably again become a usual sight.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:06   Link #283
Darknemo2000

There is always a way or two around it, besides it felt like the last arc dragged few chapters too long.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:36   Link #284
Miraluka
Banned

Uiharu have Mind control??

What the... eh? ahhhhh!! my eyes!!!!, I can't see any more, I'll be blink foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr

Mikoto badass mode on

Mikoto is a nice censorship... I wonder how will Mikoto to execute the railgun diving in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Not saying that Mikoto and others are not fun - they are (if you ignore yuri undertones) but Touma should be bit more reappearing character than he is in the manga, given his importance to the main plot.
Touma appearings implies Kanzaki-nee-chin and more Itsuwa, more love for 2Ş characters.
Old 2009-06-26, 15:35   Link #285
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for 1st pic:

Uiharu have Mind control??

Spoiler for 2nd pic:

What the... eh? ahhhhh!! my eyes!!!!, I can't see any more, I'll be blink foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr

Spoiler for 3rd pic:

Mikoto is a nice censorship... I wonder how will Mikoto to execute the railgun diving in the water.
@1st pic
So Uiharu powers are related to plants. She's like Poison Ivy, only cute, younger and not a homicidal eco-terrorist.

@2nd pic
OH GOD!? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE WEARING. Somebody get a towel over her!!

@3rd pic
What is that, some kind of sea creature?
Old 2009-06-27, 02:25   Link #286
Darknemo2000

Thats what I am talking about. They are dragging Touma's appearance for the sake of some useless fanservice (though in this case it is not Yuri all that much, but is is still sloppy as hell). And the bigger gap they create between is reappearnce (he wasn't there for a more than a volume already) the more out of place his later insertion will look,
Old 2009-06-30, 01:35   Link #287
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Now we're getting closer to Imouto arc. I guess Touma will be a common appearance soon.
Old 2009-06-30, 11:05   Link #288
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Now we're getting closer to Imouto arc. I guess Touma will be a common appearance soon.
Hopefully so, although expect the focus to be reversed. Of course, Railgun manga belongs to Mikoto, she must have her own spotlight too!

(At least we might be able to hope to be lucky to not have to be eyewitness to Touma's Hannibal Lecture that is full of fail. )

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-06-30, 16:09   Link #289
kyukyun

New chapter was out on Mangahelpers yesterday

Accelerator makes an appearance at the end
Old 2009-07-03, 12:10   Link #290
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Hidoi translated Chapter 17 end Volume 3 epilogue
Old 2009-07-03, 18:01   Link #291
kittybear

Misaka has talent for wrestling lol
Old 2009-07-03, 19:52   Link #292
Bordix

yeah, accelerator's back! (sort of) I missed that sadistic bastard.

ch 17

Pretty funny chapter, though too much yuri stuff for my tastes and obviously Mikoto's starting to - unintentionally(?)- build her own harem

Kuroko's patented "special juice" anyone?
Old 2009-07-03, 22:34   Link #293
Miraluka
Banned

Who is that inspector? That member of judgmente when Kuroko was a kid??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirai Kuroko
ufu fu fu fu fu fu uwe hehehe
(°A°);
Old 2009-07-04, 05:56   Link #294
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

This chapter was... boring, really. Nothing really happened at all aside from some Kuroko/Mikoto that went nowhere.

Of course, I may also be colored in that I like Mikoto/Touma moments far better than Kuroko/Mikoto moments.
Old 2009-07-04, 21:33   Link #295
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Some of you people, I guess, you still don't get it.

Railgun tells the story about Mikoto NOT about Touma. If you want to read ABOUT Touma, read the Index manga or the novels. I mean, sasha (or misha) is my favorite character and i dont' bawww about the lack of appearence of her in the manga/novel/whatever thing.

I know, Touma a very important character. But this manga is NOT about him.

DEAL with it.
Old 2009-07-05, 08:24   Link #296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm well aware, and I don't really care about the lack of Touma. I just find Touma/Mikoto interactions to be far more amusing than Kuroko/Mikoto interactions. The Kuroko/Mikoto jokes have gotten stale, and a whole chapter dedicated to one... meh.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:46   Link #297
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm well aware, and I don't really care about the lack of Touma. I just find Touma/Mikoto interactions to be far more amusing than Kuroko/Mikoto interactions. The Kuroko/Mikoto jokes have gotten stale, and a whole chapter dedicated to one... meh.
Im really sorry :s .The message I posted wasnt meant to your comment about the recent chapter (there was no advance to the plot) . Im really sorry if my caused problem to you.

The message was meant to the people who keep arguing about the lack of appearence of Touma. Silly of me for not quoting those messages :s

I'm sorry again m_-_m
Old 2009-07-05, 11:25   Link #298
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
This says it all.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-07-06, 02:52   Link #299
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfridus View Post
Im really sorry :s .The message I posted wasnt meant to your comment about the recent chapter (there was no advance to the plot) . Im really sorry if my caused problem to you.

The message was meant to the people who keep arguing about the lack of appearence of Touma. Silly of me for not quoting those messages :s

I'm sorry again m_-_m
I never said that we should bring him in all the times. He is not the main, but for the christ - he is her love interest (not to mention their intereaction top anything that Kuroko/Mikoto stuff), so they should show him once in a while so that you would not forget how he looks.

No one is saying he should be main. So stop jumping off the gun, because you are starting to look silly.
Old 2009-07-06, 17:32   Link #300
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
they should show him once in a while so that you would not forget how he looks.
What?

Quote:
No one is saying he should be main. So stop jumping off the gun, because you are starting to look silly.
Well sorry, if "I'm jumping off the gun", but that's what I perceive with all these discussion. Now I see that it isn't what you meant...glad of it
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen