Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-21, 04:40   Link #281
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I don't know if I said this already, but I think its not that its not popular, its just not known by enough people.
That is the same thing as not being popular. The definition of popular is being known by a lot of people. Being good is only slightly related to being popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I want someone to watch at least 4 episodes of Gash and tell me they don't like it, just so I can say I've met the weirdest person in the world Gash just needs a little more advertisement, that's all. I hope it gets licensed!!! (after the entire serries is subbed that is )
I agree! This show needs us to build up more word of mouth. That's why I've joined in Vulcan appreciation week. Everyone should wear a Vulcan this week and head on over to the Rate that Avatar so that everyone can see how much support such a silly looking thing can get. (If you post in that thread make sure that you rate someone else's avatar also or else I'll have to delete your post.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 07:05   Link #282
Secca
nya`
*Artist

In the spirit of the Vulcan apreciation week, here some more free AVs staring Vulcan 300. ^^

Can you see the little guy on the bottom? ^^

This is the close up version. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 11:48   Link #283
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Send a message via AIM to Golden_Gash_Bell Send a message via MSN to Golden_Gash_Bell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
In the spirit of the Vulcan apreciation week, here some more free AVs staring Vulcan 300. ^^

Can you see the little guy on the bottom? ^^

This is the close up version. ^^
how do you take a motion picture?
i tried it, but nothin worked.
Golden_Gash_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 12:06   Link #284
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Oh I can explain it you, but there is a better tutorial here: ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=642

I just start to learn how myself. ^^
Old 2004-05-21, 17:23   Link #285
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Send a message via AIM to Golden_Gash_Bell Send a message via MSN to Golden_Gash_Bell
Quote:
Oh I can explain it you, but there is a better tutorial here: ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=642

I just start to learn how myself. ^^
hold on...
can you tell me what i need?
i pretty don't get what to do... and what marquee is.
Old 2004-05-21, 22:07   Link #286
Secca
nya`
*Artist

You need:
Virtual Dub - to get the image sequences that you want to animate.
Image Ready - to make the animated gif.

This is the marquee button he's talking about. You use this button to select a specific area that you want to animate. Example: the close up Vulcan dancing. ^^
Old 2004-05-22, 18:46   Link #287
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Quote:
You need:
Virtual Dub - to get the image sequences that you want to animate.
Image Ready - to make the animated gif.

This is the marquee button he's talking about. You use this button to select a specific area that you want to animate. Example: the close up Vulcan dancing. ^^

well, I don't see "Image Ready" thing...
maybe i have to buy it?
Old 2004-05-24, 01:32   Link #288
ato
Oups...

The Vulcan Appreciation Week draws to a close... It was a wild ride, and I wonder what our next little project shall be

By the way, I wonder if next episode (30) will contain enought 'pwn4g3' by our favourite teams for Megumi and Kiyomaru to actually get a date out of it? In any case I would think that our hero will catch some flack for it from Suzume - She did not seem happy at all, finding out about Kiyomarus date...
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 02:19   Link #289
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Suzume may not be happy if she finds out about Kiyomaru's date, but last time I checked they weren't going steady. Heck, they weren't even dating. I'd say that if Kiyomaru likes Megumi better, then I feel sorry for poor little Suzume, but Kiyomaru is allowed to look for a girlfriend that he likes best. I really do feel sorry for Suzume, but I'd also feel sorry for Megumi if she was jilted for Suzume. :sniff: It's so tough when there are so many sweet girls that like Kiyomaru. Unfortunately someone is going to get hurt, so Kiyomaru just has to choose the one that he thinks is the best for him.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-24, 04:14   Link #290
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Suzume may not be happy if she finds out about Kiyomaru's date, but last time I checked they weren't going steady. Heck, they weren't even dating. I'd say that if Kiyomaru likes Megumi better, then I feel sorry for poor little Suzume, but Kiyomaru is allowed to look for a girlfriend that he likes best. I really do feel sorry for Suzume, but I'd also feel sorry for Megumi if she was jilted for Suzume. :sniff: It's so tough when there are so many sweet girls that like Kiyomaru. Unfortunately someone is going to get hurt, so Kiyomaru just has to choose the one that he thinks is the best for him.
What's with all the "Kiyomaru" in the last couple of posts? It's "Kiyomaro".....I think relationships would draw away from the story and complicate it. There's too many relationship animes, that people expect relationships in every series. There's other things to life thank relationships. Especially in the world of Gash, you have a fight to determine the ruler of a kingdom and people are wondering about relationships?
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 05:22   Link #291
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Of course we care about relationships. Gash is all about how people relate to each other. Romatic relationships are just another form that this takes. In Gash Bell, it isn't the most important form, but you can't honestly say that it isn't there. Considering that Kiyomaro and Megumi are on a date and Tio has trouble expressing her feelings for Gash you really can't say that it isn't involved in these episodes in particular.

PS. Yes, you are right about the spelling of his name. It is Kiyomaro.

Old 2004-05-24, 06:07   Link #292
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Of course we care about relationships. Gash is all about how people relate to each other. Romatic relationships are just another form that this takes. In Gash Bell, it isn't the most important form, but you can't honestly say that it isn't there. Considering that Kiyomaro and Megumi are on a date and Tio has trouble expressing her feelings for Gash you really can't say that it isn't involved in these episodes in particular.

PS. Yes, you are right about the spelling of his name. It is Kiyomaro.
Well it's true there's the relationships on a friend/family level, but there's no real romance between characters. There's the whole Gash and Tio thing but, Gash is absolutely clueless about things like romance.
Old 2004-05-24, 14:59   Link #293
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

You know what guys, Kiyomaro does not know anything about... "LOVE" lol
seriously, there are some discussions among japanese forum, and many people say Kiyomaro will be w/ Megumi, but noone is sure... SINCE he does not know anything about love (well, sounds stupid eh?)...
Old 2004-05-24, 16:38   Link #294
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Although Suzume is nice and funny, she's too much of a ditz and a klutz to match Kiyomaro well. Kiyomaro and Megumi definitely match up better, and Megumi is a really sweet girl too. I see no reason for Kiyomaro to go after Suzume, Hyde's bookkeeper (forgot his name, skateboard/slacker guy) can get Suzume since he's all over that...

As for Tio and Gash, Gash still seems like too much of a child to get into a serious relationship. If anything, they'll be a peck on the cheek and some cute little kiddy love between Gash and Tio. To me, it seems like Tio is repressing her feelings for Gash by pretending that she likes Kiyomaro.

In any case, things should get interesting sooner or later All we can do is wait...
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:51   Link #295
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Gash_Bell
You know what guys, Kiyomaro does not know anything about... "LOVE" lol
seriously, there are some discussions among japanese forum, and many people say Kiyomaro will be w/ Megumi, but noone is sure... SINCE he does not know anything about love (well, sounds stupid eh?)...
This is pretty much the problem that people will have to run into if they think romantic relationships are possible in the series. Kiyomaro has no plans for a relationship nor cares about getting into one really. Every person he's familiar with he thinks only as a friend and nothing more. The Gash series really has no room for romantic relationships, love just turns into a bunch of jokes in the series never anything serious.
Old 2004-05-24, 18:36   Link #296
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku
This is pretty much the problem that people will have to run into if they think romantic relationships are possible in the series. Kiyomaro has no plans for a relationship nor cares about getting into one really. Every person he's familiar with he thinks only as a friend and nothing more. The Gash series really has no room for romantic relationships, love just turns into a bunch of jokes in the series never anything serious.
well, it is fun to think about the relationships, though.
It makes stories very interesting.
Old 2004-05-25, 03:32   Link #297
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Gash_Bell
well, it is fun to think about the relationships, though.
It makes stories very interesting.
I dunno, to me it complicates the Gash plot too much, could definitely put Gash's chance of winning in huge jeopardy, because men can be quite fools when it comes to love. And I'd really hate for Gash to possibly lose, because of a reason like that. Doesn't seem right. Just because the show is named after him doesn't mean he'll always end up victorious, thank you for teaching me that, tokusatsu series, "Kamen Rider Ryuki".
Old 2004-05-26, 15:36   Link #298
ato
Oups...

Wahoooo! Ep 30 is out. I love you, A-E, and I want to carry your child

I personally think that there is love in the series. Look at Suzumes reaction to Kiyomaros date... That was surely not something a mere friend would feel. I agree completely that love will never be the theme of KnGB, and most likely just serve as a good excuse for humorous interlude, but being the squishy kind of guy that I am, I like to speculate about it
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:54   Link #299
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

YAY! My long wait is over! Thank you A-E!!!

This episode went just the way I wanted it to

Spoiler for Ep 30:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 22:54   Link #300
Chao Otaku

I liked the ep a lot as well.
This one, Ep 28 and one of the recent raw ones have made me like Tio and Megumi a lot better than I originally did
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote