AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-28, 22:56   Link #281
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Woah. More and more fascinating things out of this chapter. I'm liking this chapter more and more.

CAD supercomputer allows Igor to produce such micromanagement in magic invocation? Moreover an independant one? That's amazing.

I hope Tatsuya would come up with more innovations if not already. Isn't that basically what he wants to produce since previous volumes? Or am i wrong? Wow soviet union wow.

I don't like wowwing enemies but after so many antagonists letting us down in previous volume, this kind of indimidating ones are welcomed a bit
It's kinda like Brionac. I wonder if all strategic class magic require special tools.

This just goes to show how vast the field of magic is. Not even someone like Tatsuya knows everything.

Speaking of new techniques, I wonder when we'll see Tatsuya use Baryon Lance in combat.
Old 2017-02-28, 22:57   Link #282
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Woah. More and more fascinating things out of this chapter. I'm liking this chapter more and more.

CAD supercomputer allows Igor to produce such micromanagement in magic invocation? Moreover an independant one? That's amazing.
Sorry, the supercomputer actually the chair
I forgot to mention it
The helmet was some additional equipment, just as Tatsuya used goggle linked to Third Eyes during Hokkaido super long range magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The meeting didn't end by the end of the volume? According to the summary of chapter 5 on the wiki, Tatsuya was walking out of the room. Were they taking a break?

You lost me several times. Why did everyone freeze when Tatsuya re-confirmed the objective of the meeting? Why were they petrified when they heard Tatsuya's reasoning about social contribution? It makes sense.

So that whole make Miyuki an idol was just an aside?
No, I didn't read any lines that indicating whether the meeting was adjourned, taking break, or Tatsuya walking out of room. If there is, please point it to me too as it's possible I didn't read it.

For the meeting, sorry, in my previous post, the order of events was jumbled inside out.
Spoiler for put it in spoiler because it'll be too long:

====================
Below is my opinion:
Why everyone freeze after Tatsuya asking Katsuto, because the discussion was loose in the way the discussion just to be no meaning anymore.

Why everyone couldn't refute Tatsuya's reasoning because he was so right that make it everyone there should be shameful with their opinion.

Why everyone couldn't support Tatsuya's reasoning because the progress so far was done in unison and positively (in term of the air/aura, in JP usually "kuuki") but when someone pointed the truth, no one could just able to change the perspective easily.

The idea of making Miyuki an idol/performer/etc is Tomokazu hidden agenda and how he shrewdly manipulated the flow of discussion from anti-magician movement to "how to increase magicians popularity".

I can't elaborate more detail than that, should wait for translation I guess.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 23:11   Link #283
-Mahesvara_

I hoping with all that's going on, we'll see Tatsuya let loose a bit soon. It feels like its been awhile since we've seen him cause fear and terror on the battlefield.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 05:57   Link #284
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post

No, I didn't read any lines that indicating whether the meeting was adjourned, taking break, or Tatsuya walking out of room. If there is, please point it to me too as it's possible I didn't read it.

For the meeting, sorry, in my previous post, the order of events was jumbled inside out.
Spoiler for put it in spoiler because it'll be too long:

====================
Below is my opinion:
Why everyone freeze after Tatsuya asking Katsuto, because the discussion was loose in the way the discussion just to be no meaning anymore.

Why everyone couldn't refute Tatsuya's reasoning because he was so right that make it everyone there should be shameful with their opinion.

Why everyone couldn't support Tatsuya's reasoning because the progress so far was done in unison and positively (in term of the air/aura, in JP usually "kuuki") but when someone pointed the truth, no one could just able to change the perspective easily.

The idea of making Miyuki an idol/performer/etc is Tomokazu hidden agenda and how he shrewdly manipulated the flow of discussion from anti-magician movement to "how to increase magicians popularity".

I can't elaborate more detail than that, should wait for translation I guess.
Haha Tatsuya so rigid, shrewd and straight to the point. I got it now.

Basically young people (with some older ones just going with the light flow and one manipulating) discussed thoughtlessly about the topic. So Tatsuya who we knew was way beyond his age in term of maturity and intel, futhermore he has no intristicate comprehension of social (unnecessary) sensivity and thus caused others to feel ashamed of themselves lmao. That's just like Tatsuya. So this is what it meant by Tatsuya's weakness. And I can see him getting annoyed at the loose and increasingly pointless chatterings.

Good job dr clark. Underestimate him. Go!

Alright. Ill wait for the trans! Cannot wait!

Last edited by Plumme; 2017-03-01 at 05:59. Reason: Too long and unnecessary.
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 06:02   Link #285
Diocar

Quote:
Yes, it's very much as you deduced, it's about like that.
It was useless to use Gram Dispersion because Tatsuya didn't find the common sequence of magic activation. Or to be precise, he didn't see the magic invocation.

Actually, those self-replicating magic sequence were used to change gas composition while delayed-activation magic used for triggering the combustion. Used one by one, those magics simply used as simple bomb and the power shouldn't too strong. But when used as Tuman Bomba (in large scale), the power able to match nuclear processes.
If that is the case did tats have trouble using mist dispersal to target all the targets of the self-replicating magic? because he can only target 36 (or some simillar number) targets... or could he use his mist dispersal in an area that included all the area of effect of the self replicating magic? ( as there were used several magic sequences it should be a huge area)

Does tats compare this method with loop cast system he developed? To me it seems the diference is that with loop cast the spells need to be in a sequence while with this method they can be cast simultaneously.

Also, as this arc seems to be about the importance and effects of the use of strategic magic does tats say how this technique could be used to create strategic magic for a lot of spells?

Imagine several linked ruptures or any magic with an explosion effect, even several of maya's Meteor Stream could become a SM or a lot of tats baryon lances... A lot of magic with destructive power or with wide are of effect could be multiplied to become a SM with this technique...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 16:16   Link #286
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
It's kinda like Brionac. I wonder if all strategic class magic require special tools.

This just goes to show how vast the field of magic is. Not even someone like Tatsuya knows everything.

Speaking of new techniques, I wonder when we'll see Tatsuya use Baryon Lance in combat.
I think so, not sure. If there's someone that doesn't need special tools, maybe the burden for the body is too high, just like that Itsuwa Mio.

Quote:
So this is what it meant by Tatsuya's weakness.
From vol 3 isn't already discovered by his friends? During 9SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
If that is the case did tats have trouble using mist dispersal to target all the targets of the self-replicating magic? because he can only target 36 (or some simillar number) targets... or could he use his mist dispersal in an area that included all the area of effect of the self replicating magic? ( as there were used several magic sequences it should be a huge area)

Does tats compare this method with loop cast system he developed? To me it seems the diference is that with loop cast the spells need to be in a sequence while with this method they can be cast simultaneously.

Also, as this arc seems to be about the importance and effects of the use of strategic magic does tats say how this technique could be used to create strategic magic for a lot of spells?

Imagine several linked ruptures or any magic with an explosion effect, even several of maya's Meteor Stream could become a SM or a lot of tats baryon lances... A lot of magic with destructive power or with wide are of effect could be multiplied to become a SM with this technique...
Gram Dispersion targeting Magic Sequence, Mist Dispersal targeting physical substance.
IIRC, Tatsuya able to use decomposition as AoE, but it's surely to decompose physical substance, not the target in Idea Dimension.

Tatsuya nicknamed this technique as Chain Cast.
It's not be cast simultaneously but the sequence that multiply itself. If it's direct confrontation, maybe Tatsuya could see how it's invoked and see the initial invocation and how the actually sequence structure, but in this case, Tatsuya only saw the sequence as it was.

Strategic-Class magic by definition is the magic that have very wide scale damage done. If by chance Maya able to make virtual closed space on open space and the scale it can cover several km, it can be categorized as SC magic too.
Old 2017-03-01, 16:19   Link #287
bakato

So Tsukasa tried to use Shina by tricking her into playing the role of a kidnapper in a "simulation"? How do we know this is related to Tatsuya again?
Old 2017-03-01, 16:27   Link #288
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
So Tsukasa tried to use Shina by tricking her into playing the role of a kidnapper in a "simulation"? How do we know this is related to Tatsuya again?
She wanted to test him how will he react if the kidnapper is a fellow Student Council member and fellow first high student.

Tsukasa already asked some questions to Juumonji about Tatsuya, and felt some threat about where Tatsuya's loyalty.
Juumonji said, Tatsuya has a strict loyalty. Not strong loyalty.

Tsukasa: "Strict loyalty? Not a strong loyalty?"
Juumonji: "Once he makes an alliance, he won't betray, but if betrayed, he won't hesitate to strike back on the betrayal"
Tsukasa: "Even to the country?"
Juumonji: "He's not someone who do something that profitable to another country"
Old 2017-03-01, 16:36   Link #289
bakato

Quote:
She wanted to test him how will he react if the kidnapper is a fellow Student Council member and fellow first high student.

Tsukasa already asked some questions to Juumonji about Tatsuya, and felt some threat about where Tatsuya's loyalty.
Juumonji said, Tatsuya has a strict loyalty. Not strong loyalty.

Tsukasa: "Strict loyalty? Not a strong loyalty?"
Juumonji: "Once he makes an alliance, he won't betray, but if betrayed, he won't hesitate to strike back on the betrayal"
Tsukasa: "Even to the country?"
Juumonji: "He's not someone who do something that profitable to another country"
Why? What made her question Tatsuya's loyalty to begin with? Why is this any of her business?
Old 2017-03-01, 16:44   Link #290
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Why? What made her question Tatsuya's loyalty to begin with? Why is this any of her business?
Tsukasa is a member of Army Intelligence, but whole Tooyama family is the cornerstone of Army.
Maybe top brass in intelligence section are wary if by chance Tatsuya bare his fang to country, the damage would be irreversible.

I think this kind of wariness is after Tatsuya was officially elevated to Yotsuba, before he was just a "person" so individual power wouldn't hold that kind of threat but after he became a Yotsuba, basically he "has" the individual power and organizational power.
Old 2017-03-01, 16:53   Link #291
bakato

Quote:
Tsukasa is a member of Army Intelligence, but whole Tooyama family is the cornerstone of Army.
Maybe top brass in intelligence section are wary if by chance Tatsuya bare his fang to country, the damage would be irreversible.

I think this kind of wariness is after Tatsuya was officially elevated to Yotsuba, before he was just a "person" so individual power wouldn't hold that kind of threat but after he became a Yotsuba, basically he "has" the individual power and organizational power.
I think a spoiler mentioned the anti-Saeki faction ordered her to investigate. So Shina didn't accept yet?
Old 2017-03-01, 17:31   Link #292
Diocar

Quote:

Why don t they offer pollitical power to tats? As far as I remember every foreign strategic magician has a high position in either government or army. We haven t seen any country worried about losing their strategic magician or even plotting against him...

There should be people interested in making tats join their side and make him feel he ows them something or to japan. So far tats is always being taken advantage of...
Old 2017-03-01, 17:32   Link #293
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
I think a spoiler mentioned the anti-Saeki faction ordered her to investigate. So Shina didn't accept yet?
Yes, in spoiler it was mentioned like that, however after reading the chapter, I don't remember reading any info on who ordered her.

Shiina didn't accept because when she heard from Tsukasa it's only for half day, she somehow was disappointed, and said thinking about it first.
But she still didn't know the detail, if she knew, she definitely refused it.

Quote:
Why don t they offer pollitical power to tats? As far as I remember every foreign strategic magician has a high position in either government or army. We haven t seen any country worried about losing their strategic magician or even plotting against him...

There should be people interested in making tats join their side and make him feel he ows them something or to japan. So far tats is always being taken advantage of...
Well, the mentality in this book is around "if useful, use, if not discard", Lina too was treated the same, in Parasite Arc and in 10MC arc.
Old 2017-03-01, 17:38   Link #294
Diocar

Quote:
Yes, in spoiler it was mentioned like that, however after reading the chapter, I don't remember reading any info on who ordered her.

Shiina didn't accept because when she heard from Tsukasa it's only for half day, she somehow was disappointed, and said thinking about it first.
But she still didn't know the detail, if she knew, she definitely refused it.
I don t remember if it was you or other person, but someone said that shiina's father thought that if shiina didn t have her hearing problem she woould be the best cqc magician. So is there a fight where shiina participates or is it said what magic she uses?
Old 2017-03-01, 17:42   Link #295
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
I don t remember if it was you or other person, but someone said that shiina's father thought that if shiina didn t have her hearing problem she woould be the best cqc magician. So is there a fight where shiina participates or is it said what magic she uses?
It was me mentioned it. There wasn't but based on 3rd Lab speciality, multi-casting ability, this skill very useful in anti-personnel combatants. Hence many soldiers and polices were trained and/or from Lab 3. Take example of Mari that quite skilled in multi-casting.

If we infer from that line, maybe Shiina's ability was highly capable to multi-cast more than any other person so her father said that.
Old 2017-03-01, 17:50   Link #296
Iramohs

Quote:
It was me mentioned it. There wasn't but based on 3rd Lab speciality, multi-casting ability, this skill very useful in anti-personnel combatants. Hence many soldiers and polices were trained and/or from Lab 3. Take example of Mari that quite skilled in multi-casting.

If we infer from that line, maybe Shiina's ability was highly capable to multi-cast more than any other person so her father said that.
Sometimes I wish the author would let other's know about Tatsuya's true ability just for this reason. Her father's statement is complete bullshit since he doesn't understand an immortal magic destroying god is sitting 5 feet from his daughter everyday at school.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 18:26   Link #297
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Sometimes I wish the author would let other's know about Tatsuya's true ability just for this reason. Her father's statement is complete bullshit since he doesn't understand an immortal magic destroying god is sitting 5 feet from his daughter everyday at school.
It would probably escalate things even further especially the fact that Tatsuya if FROM the Yotsuba.
Old 2017-03-01, 20:39   Link #298
Jirachier

Wait so was Igor able to use his strategic-class magic from a long distance thanks to that Supercomputer ? I thought only Tatsuya could do that using the Third-Eye since it still required Elemental Sight which is exclusive to him.
Old 2017-03-01, 20:50   Link #299
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Wait so was Igor able to use his strategic-class magic from a long distance thanks to that Supercomputer ? I thought only Tatsuya could do that using the Third-Eye since it still required Elemental Sight which is exclusive to him.
He needed the supercomputer to use Tuman Bomba. He did it from long distance but it wasn't a distance that required elemental sight.
Old 2017-03-01, 21:01   Link #300
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Third-Eye is made for Tatsuya, that doesn't mean the other s-class doesn't have similar tools to target their s-class magics.

For example, Ozone cycle s-class variant use geographical coordinates to target an area, sight is not required and distance isn't a factor.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote