AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-23, 11:15   Link #281
zztop

The anime has adapted about half of the manga chapters.
Chp 40, which will likely cover the aftermath of the manga's climactic arc, comes out this month.

(The chapters after the climax arc were just fluffy side stories.)
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 11:40   Link #282
AB079
Banned

I agree with the fact that this ending was disappointing, finishing the adaptation here wasn't a good choice.

That said, the overall adaptation was good, the manga was usually something painful to read on some parts.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 11:59   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was quite the non-ending. It resolved absolutely none of the plot points introduced in the arc. I was at least hoping fake Masamune would be unmasked.

Overall, that was rather enjoyable. Yoshino was my favorite character, if there is another season, I hope to see more of her. 7/10.
Old 2017-03-23, 13:46   Link #284
Gabri20

Makabe confession

Hi guys i need to know a question, i have read chapter 39 but i need to know why aki accept makabe feeling s when she know the truth about the fake masamune, she refuse makabe before even if thanks to manga we can see that she is in love with makabe also before she found the truth but she refuse him because she has fear to suffering another time but why next she accept.what change if makabe is.masamune she loves him also.before she havent.fear to.suffering many forum do this question.so answer please
Gabri20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 14:14   Link #285
MgMaster

This episode wasn't so bad as a stopping point for the anime,whether we get a 2nd season or not but it literally did nothing from a progression or conclusion stand-point and we're almost where we started.

I LOL'd at the Snow White play though. In the end Snow White lives while the prince lies on the ground looking dead, but who cares about him, everyone's happy that she lives. There's some symbolism in that from my PoV. The symbolism of what you get after trying to please a feminazi ~ nothing. Same could be said of the final few moments between Makabe & Adagaki ~ wait no, he got half of a sweet potato, that's something right? right?...

Might read the manga since I'm curios if it does anything interesting like Masamune actually going through with his revenge and not falling for Aki in the process.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 14:56   Link #286
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I didn't like this ending. They mixed things in a bad way, cut out some big points, including a big secret. And the karaoke scene lost some of its flare thanks to the way it was squeezed.
Spoiler for difference:
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 16:15   Link #287
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, not sure what I think. It wasn't a terrible ending, but it felt pretty bland. Kind of a status quo stopping point. Makes sense since it is just part of a story that goes on beyond this point. But doesn't really make for a satisfying last episode either.

Oh well....at least it had some interesting moments.
Old 2017-03-23, 16:25   Link #288
hyddty

With that note at the end, I assume they are open for another season but considered the pacing, I guess the material for it isnt enough but I still hope for a 2nd season to see a conclusion
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 17:19   Link #289
nicky.
animesuki

Pretty disappointed with what the show ended up being these last few episodes. I'd imagine I'm not the only one.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 19:16   Link #290
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Neko being the first to clap as well? No one deserves a standing ovation more than her. Damn best girl of the series.

That said, I'm not gonna lie, but I did squee a bit there when Masamune kissed Adagaki. Sure I might have preferences among them, but a childhood friend is a childhood friend.

As for the ending, eh, it's to be expected. Could've been much worse, but at least this ending doesn't derail things too much so they could continue on with the manga story if it does get a second season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 19:39   Link #291
Psyco Diver

The show started strong, stay strong till about the last few episodes (the episode after the beach trip or so is the point I'm refering to) where it turned into another run of the mill harem with the usual run of the mill harem ending. Disappointing to say the least, I didn't expect a proper ending anyways but the last few episodes really drove it down for me
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 20:44   Link #292
Wandering Soul

This was a pretty blatant "go read the manga" ending. Can't say I'm surprised considering how the source material is ongoing and they weren't going for an anime original ending.

Oh, well. This adaption had it's moments.

Also Yoshino best girl.
Old 2017-03-23, 23:45   Link #293
nicky.
animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
The show started strong, stay strong till about the last few episodes (the episode after the beach trip or so is the point I'm refering to) where it turned into another run of the mill harem with the usual run of the mill harem ending. Disappointing to say the least, I didn't expect a proper ending anyways but the last few episodes really drove it down for me
It felt like a Nisekoi knock off, lol (if that's even a thing). Either way, not an ending someone should be proud of. But, yeah, we weren't expecting much going in, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
This was a pretty blatant "go read the manga" ending. Can't say I'm surprised considering how the source material is ongoing and they weren't going for an anime original ending.

Oh, well. This adaption had it's moments.

Also Yoshino best girl.
Agreed, including Yoshino
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 02:37   Link #294
IceHism

what a shitty arc to end on
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 05:57   Link #295
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
what a shitty arc to end on
Well, to be honest, had this been planned later after the manga is finished it can go 2 cour and finish the story. But nope, they had to end here to not give an abrupt start to the next arc or end halfway through the arc... that will give more cringes.

Now lets see what songs did they use:
Spoiler for Songs (ep12):

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2017-03-24 at 06:08.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 06:06   Link #296
Arya

Ah, so this was the last episode ... and they wasted half of it on the karaoke? and Yuki no Hana's Aki scored 87/100 points? 50 at best
They made the whole switch prince deal as something so unexpected when well, it was not at all.

As a whole it was a enjoyable series, the non-ending was kinda sadly expected, but I liked they showed that Masamune made some real progress to get close to Aki. It won't happen but some OVA would be appreciated to see how the story ends.
Overall considering the story it has a really good storytelling and pace, something that usually instead tends to aggravate on the general feeling or to go bad dragging out where it is not really necessary. Here instead they got it right.

Anyhow, Masamune and Aki were cute together.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 06:52   Link #297
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
It felt like a Nisekoi knock off, lol (if that's even a thing). Either way, not an ending someone should be proud of. But, yeah, we weren't expecting much going in, that's for sure.

Agreed, including Yoshino
Do not get me started about Nisekoi lol
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 08:55   Link #298
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
The show started strong, stay strong till about the last few episodes (the episode after the beach trip or so is the point I'm refering to) where it turned into another run of the mill harem with the usual run of the mill harem ending.
In all honesty, the manga was worse with its harem aspects IIRC, so I'm glad they toned it down a bit here. It actually felt like the author was pressured to put these elements in because they are popular, which derailed the main storyline, but of course all speculation on my part.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 12:20   Link #299
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That did not end good, but rather nothing was realized at the end. This whole revenge thing never went through especially when Masamune screw up at the end. This show had it's good moments, but nothing really stood out. The beach episode was probably the best episode of the season. Masamune was so determined to get his revenge that he even turned down two girls who were way better than Aki. It's a shame that the show ended up like that. I'll going to give this show a C rating, mediocre at best.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 14:01   Link #300
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 09:17.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romcom