AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-14, 12:25   Link #281
pervypig

^ Where did I ever say that the social inept are not supposed to get popular? I'm saying that the social inept don't get popular as a natural matter of course, no matter how good they are in their field or how well the intentions they have. If me saying that the author forcing women upon women (by end of vol. 2, he even added that blindfolded archbishop) on GS is called nitpicking, I'd say you dreaming about women hounding a guy with zero social skills is wish-fulfilment. But I at least agree that there's need for further development - hopefully not in the worst direction.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-14, 21:27   Link #282
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Just as someone said in this thread, those girls already have crush on GS without knowing how he looks. Being handsome at that point is nothing but a bonus. There goes your handsome-fags argument.
I think "crushing" is pushing it a little, lol. We can be sure the Receptionist Girl has that down, though- and we can assume she HAS seen his face, before?
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 10:19   Link #283
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

this is not a deconstruction this is not realistic this is just edgelord material same thing as akame ga kill/mirai nikki type of crap .
Old 2016-11-18, 10:51   Link #284
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

This isn't a deconstruction. But this is miles ahead betters than AgK and MN. There is no edge here.to begin with.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 11:03   Link #285
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
We can be sure the Receptionist Girl has that down, though- and we can assume she HAS seen his face, before?
we don't know, only the cowgirl knew him and his face since they were little, the sword saint so far still had not seen his face and had fall for him, both the elf archer and priestess were interested in him long before seeing his face, there is no reason for the receptionist girl to see the goblin slayer's face in those 5 years (before the start of the story, when goblin slayer earns his silver rank.) she probably only get to see his face the first time the same time as the elf archer and priestess did.
Old 2016-11-18, 12:48   Link #286
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
we don't know, only the cowgirl knew him and his face since they were little, the sword saint so far still had not seen his face and had fall for him, both the elf archer and priestess were interested in him long before seeing his face, there is no reason for the receptionist girl to see the goblin slayer's face in those 5 years (before the start of the story, when goblin slayer earns his silver rank.) she probably only get to see his face the first time the same time as the elf archer and priestess did.
Who's sword saint?

Anyway, I assume that Receptionist probably saw his face already - hence why she didn't appear in the panel showing the reaction to hí face.
Old 2016-11-19, 07:55   Link #287
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
this is not a deconstruction this is not realistic this is just edgelord material same thing as akame ga kill/mirai nikki type of crap .
I'd call this a deconstruction of the D&D RPG genre (at least in Vol 1) because it tries to give a logical consequence and explanation to many of the things that you take for granted in those games. The number of examples of those have already been stated before. In fact, it goes as far as to stick science into the fantasy genre - bringing a caged canary to warn of poison gas in a dungeon, dust explosion etc. things you would never be able to enact in those games. (though I have my doubts about the flour dust explosion - since one of the conditions necessary is density of the flour scattered in the enclosed room. If the Elf have enough room to dodge around the Gazer-monster, would 5kg of flour really be sufficient to make a big enough explosion?)

The story thus far seems to be pushing GS towards the generic worshipped hero instead of keeping him as a faceless unsung hero. I dunno how to feel about this development... if handled well, it may work.
Old 2016-11-19, 11:11   Link #288
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

While he's not an unsung hero any longer he's not the generic worshipped hero type either. Vol 2 - during the Archbishop case - have an image of him severely injured and needing Archer Elf to walk around and Vol 3 have GS himself fully acknowledges the fact that he's fundamentally broken in some way.

To be fair the villagers and the guild are already quite taken with him, considering that he went around killing one of the most common but potentially dangerous threat without giving a calm about the rewards, thus making their situation easier.
Old 2016-11-20, 07:50   Link #289
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

still cant believe the girl in the questionable outfit is the angel priestess
Old 2016-11-21, 11:32   Link #290
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Kono Light Novel game Sugoi' results for this year.
Best Light Novel
1位*:Ryuou no Oshigoto!
2位:Re:zero
3位:New Testament
4位:SAO
5位:Goblin Slayer
6位:Melody · Lyric · Idol · Magic
7位:Gamers!
8位:Weakling Character Tomosaki-kun
9位:KonoSuba!
10位:This love and its future

Hey, next year might be our year if an anime happens.
Old 2016-11-21, 19:52   Link #291
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I checked a few of Yui Ouma's voices, and she seems to do a lot of loli girls. Like, very loli. Can't exactly picture Priestess' voice like that. 'O'

Never mind, heard the sample. It's fucking perfect, and so is everyone else's.

Any chance for a bit of a translation?

Last edited by WERERABBIT; 2016-11-25 at 23:31.
Old 2016-11-28, 09:27   Link #292
tamanwah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Yes, it has a lot of ecchi, tits and nipples in the last chapter.
seriously? or u are just joking around?
tamanwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 22:05   Link #293
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I wonder what would Goblin Slayer's worst enemy aside from Goblins be? A rival slayer who is an opportunist? Save an adventuring party from their final fate and be profiteering from their misery and take advantage of a broken girl, loot her dead friends and use the money to heal her mental and physical wounds and see if she is worth any type of fortune so he can nab titles and gifts among other prizes?
Old 2016-12-04, 23:18   Link #294
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

?

So much posts deleted despite nobody talked about translations because there is no group who has the courage after Yen Press lincesed it.
Old 2016-12-05, 04:30   Link #295
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I wonder what would Goblin Slayer's worst enemy aside from Goblins be?
- Hmmm...

Seriously, though: How would GS react to a man crazy enough to WANT to become a Goblin?
You know, a man who loves goblins. Who wants to become the king of the goblins. Someone who enjoys the psychosis and debauchery of living like a goblin.
Major story arc material, right there. And especially when GS calls him out as insane, he hits back on calling GS just as insane as he is.

"Give in to the madness. For every Goblin you kill, I will help breed a hundred more!"

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-12-05 at 05:02.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 16:47   Link #296
pervypig

^^,^ GS can't care less. He said it himself: "To them (the goblins), I am the goblin." He prolly wont mind some1 else try to imitate a goblin, as long as he isn't green, short and ugly.
Old 2016-12-06, 00:58   Link #297
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
Calling it Edgy is like Calling zombie killing films edgy. This is pure BMovie tier R rated grindhouse style exploitation goodness. The setting uses the dime a dozen orc rape manga/doujinshi where the female cast meets a bleak end as human cattle + fantasy MMORPG and delivers a simple revenge power fantasy where there is one guy who concentrstes all his hatred into killing goblins with no exterior motives and watch as how different characters react to it.

It isnt Edgy, its good old fashion popcorn flick gorefest with no pretensions of being fine art.

Last edited by asaqe; 2016-12-06 at 01:59.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 04:58   Link #298
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^^,^ GS can't care less. He said it himself: "To them (the goblins), I am the goblin." He prolly wont mind some1 else try to imitate a goblin, as long as he isn't green, short and ugly.
- Or if that person does what goblins do.

It would be even more insane if that person was trying to become more and more like a goblin, wreaking more and more havoc solely because he wants Goblin Slayer to notice him.

Kind of like a Yandere Goblin-cosplaying psychopath.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 15:32   Link #299
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

ah, drama cd in one month...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 19:27   Link #300
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Hello, a question someone knows something about the past of Goblin Slayer?

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?