AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-04, 08:14   Link #281
Iramohs

Quote:
As some, including me, suspected Gouki is plotting with someone else.

Ara...
I would like to ask Satou what's the point of all this drama.
Balance. With Maya, Tatsuya, and Miyuki the Yotsuba are far too strong and would dominate the Japanese magical community. So Gouki is trying to marry Masaki to Miyuki and Koichi is trying to marry Mayumi to Tatsuya. From my point of view they'd still all be Yotsuba in the end if it did happen so I don't get that.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:23   Link #282
amtro
Distro

Gouki is not plotting anything. He wants Masaki to be happy and at the same time believes that his sister Akane would make a better leader, so he's letting Masaki go. The one plotting is Koichi.
Old 2015-08-04, 08:30   Link #283
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by maypayne View Post
here it is: The same Tatsuya who was forced by Maya in the previous volume?
OK Maya & Hayama did corner Tatsuya into this married and they used Miyuki's feeling and Tatsuya's loyalty to do so, everybody knows Tatsuya will definitely go through with it if it'll will make Miyuki happy.

Getting sick of these annoying Tatsuya x Miyuki shipping rants when all I want to see is information about vol.17, you don't have to jump into angry shipper mode every time someone finds a fault in your favorite pairing.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:34   Link #284
TheLaG

It's probably is like, they forece Masaki to go to Yotsuba and at the same time force Tatsuya out of Yotsuba, at least this seems possible considering Miyuki is heir

But still, their efforts are in vain, Tatsuya wont leave Miyuki, and Miyuki can't leave Yotsuba,
So,

Game Over Noobs (10 MC).
With love,
Maya
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:36   Link #285
zerozeronine

I want a clan war!With Tatsuya sniping important 10 MC leaders that's against his engagement with Miyuki (under Miyuki's orders off course).
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:40   Link #286
maypayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
OK Maya & Hayama did corner Tatsuya into this married and they used Miyuki's feeling and Tatsuya's loyalty to do so, everybody knows Tatsuya will definitely go through with it if it'll will make Miyuki happy.

Getting sick of these annoying Tatsuya x Miyuki shipping rants when all I want to see is information about vol.17, you don't have to jump into angry shipper mode every time someone finds a fault in your favorite pairing.
I was replying to him because his reply was addressed to me personally.
This is not about shipping but about making Tatsuya look like a victim which for me is not. I've been reading this book because of him and to see him grow which has happened.

Only a person who did not read the book properly from vol 1 will bother with shipping because there was never any possibility for shipping in the first place.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:43   Link #287
Aciald

Thumbs up

My first thought is too many people are missing the forest for the trees. Forget the shipping crap and consider what the revelations mean. Tatsuya is no longer an unknown. Expect potential brides to be thrown at him left and right. (Points to Koichi for figuring it out, even if a bit late.) They are aware of how powerful he is and everyone is going to be jockeying for some kind of hold or influence over him.

Ichijou once again proves to be the only clan a sane person would want to be born into if this was reality. If Masaki ever wants to make Tatsuya feel jealous all he really has to do is tell him about his family life.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:47   Link #288
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG View Post
It's probably is like, they forece Masaki to go to Yotsuba and at the same time force Tatsuya out of Yotsuba, at least this seems possible considering Miyuki is heir

But still, their efforts are in vain, Tatsuya wont leave Miyuki, and Miyuki can't leave Yotsuba,
So,

Game Over Noobs (10 MC).
With love,
Maya
Unless, of course, Tatsuya decides to annihilate the Yotsuba. Keep in mind that it was just in the last novel that Miyuki said she would still support Tatsuya if he decided to get medieval on the clan.
Old 2015-08-04, 08:53   Link #289
Crazy Frog
Dead People

I don't know how Gouki think. How Akane can be leader of Yotsuba? Maybe he don't know other children from Yotsuba branch head.
Old 2015-08-04, 08:55   Link #290
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
I don't know how Gouki think. How Akane can be leader of Yotsuba? Maybe he don't know other children from Yotsuba branch head.
Akane would be the head of the Ichijou not Yotsuba.
Old 2015-08-04, 08:59   Link #291
TheLaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Unless, of course, Tatsuya decides to annihilate the Yotsuba. Keep in mind that it was just in the last novel that Miyuki said she would still support Tatsuya if he decided to get medieval on the clan.

I doubt it will happen, don't forget, Miyuki won't move out of Yotsuba, because she would be forced to mary Masaki probably, yes, it will start all out war. At the same time, she is under protection of Maya and Yotsuba, so she won't do anything stupid, also, she is to marry Tatsuya, which is her dream, I don't see any openings in this situation Maya owned 10 MC
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:00   Link #292
AP24

At least know one of Tatsuya's biggest secrets is finally revealed to the public in this arc. However, there are more than one:

1. Tatsuya being a member of Yotsuba. This secret is now public knowledge.

2. Tatsuya being a member of a special military unit. Only few people know this but this already includes his friends at school.

3 & 4. Tatsuya's magic and he is Taurus Silver. Only few people know this and not even his friends at school know.

I wonder if more people will know some of these in this arc.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:01   Link #293
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
I don't understand. Wasn't it published that Tatsuya and Miyuki aren't brother and sister. Blood tests will confirm it as well.
The reasoning doesn't make any sense.
They are definitely brother and sister. Miyuki's genes have been altered to the extent that it doesn't matter. Maya is claiming Tatsuya as her child to make the marriage seem legit.
Old 2015-08-04, 09:02   Link #294
amtro
Distro

Jesus people, nothing of the sort will happen. Koichi is thinking of engaging Mayumi to Tatsuya, he did not get any farther because the twins were making a ruckus when he asked the sisters how they felt about him. So for now he has chosen to give his signature to Gouki's petition and together try to hatch a plan that will separate Tatsuya from the Yotsuba.

@cyberdemon That's completely irrelevant. People have reasons to try and split these two, but they do not know the truth of their relationship. Koichi is desperately trying to maintain some sort of power balance, Gouki is going along with Masak whoi is just a hopeless romantic.
Old 2015-08-04, 09:05   Link #295
Crazy Frog
Dead People

So it confirm that Tatsuya is on the cover? Not Mayumi fiance?
Old 2015-08-04, 09:08   Link #296
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Ichijou once again proves to be the only clan a sane person would want to be born into if this was reality. If Masaki ever wants to make Tatsuya feel jealous all he really has to do is tell him about his family life.
What sane clan would willingly send one of their most talented magicians to the Wu-tang clan.

If you ask me, so far the only sane one is the Juumonji clan.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:09   Link #297
NeutralZero

A clan war?
more like all clan vs the yotsuba
Mayumi's case aside, but isn't Gouki's idea will strengthen the 4th clan more than it should?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:11   Link #298
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
A clan war?
Mayumi's case aside, but isn't Gouki's idea will strengthen the 4th clan more than it should?
The guy's an idiot.

As Napoleon once said, there is no love in politics.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:14   Link #299
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
The guy's an idiot.

As Napoleon once said, there is no love in politics.
You just said Napoleon name, Koichi seems like Emperor Francis II of Austria, who lost his beloved eldest daughter to his arch-enemy .
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:14   Link #300
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
A clan war?
Yeah, gouki is assisting in breaking the system simply because his son has a high school crush, lol.

If Maya really wants to break the master clan system she should accept the Ichijou family's offer and snatch Masaki away. Then with Tatsuya free for marriage she should set her sights on getting Lina to naturalise and marry Tatsuya. With both Miyuki/Masaki and Tatsuya/Lina producing off-spring the system will be permanently broken beyond repair .
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue