AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-10-27, 21:51   Link #281
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Usually: Illusion is dangerous power!

Tsuburaya: Don't you think its funny to see someone raged to Blazar?

Old 2023-10-27, 22:57   Link #282
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Earth Garon talks and is voiced by Akira Ishida. This guy is everywhere .

Oh yeah, after Gabadon last week, this Giant Emi being yet a another callback to OG Ultraman with Giant Fuji.

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2023-11-10, 00:37   Link #283
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2023-11-10, 21:21   Link #284
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Felt like the weirdest Blazar episode; leaving impression of fast-forward redemption arc.
Old 2023-11-11, 04:34   Link #285
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Did Zangil got defeated by Zamsher in the flashback?
Old 2023-11-18, 04:16   Link #286
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

V99 thickens ...
Old 2023-11-18, 21:57   Link #287
justavisitor

I really like how they start the mystery past ep 15? and delay the debut of the final form as late as possible.

Historically, imo, new generation ultraman shows have the most boring episodes between ep 15 and 20, it's after the debut of final form, and before the final arc. They got to showcase how strong the final form was, so they couldn't really bring a lot of relevant enemies to play (or they would get killed), so therefore a lot of standalone episodes between 15-20, and the quality dropped. To me it happened to X, Orb, geats, Z, trigger, and decker.

This time, yes, blazer has standalone episodes between 15-20 too. But because they just started the mystery (V99), and we are still waiting for the final form, so the viewing experience becomes a lot better (minus the constant recap...)

Don't know if the toy department will complain, but now the director (who also directs Z) is probably the most successful ultraman director right now, so lucky we get this welcome change (no form variant, and push the final form to happen later)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 07:02   Link #288
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I really like how they start the mystery past ep 15? and delay the debut of the final form as late as possible.

Historically, imo, new generation ultraman shows have the most boring episodes between ep 15 and 20, it's after the debut of final form, and before the final arc. They got to showcase how strong the final form was, so they couldn't really bring a lot of relevant enemies to play (or they would get killed), so therefore a lot of standalone episodes between 15-20, and the quality dropped. To me it happened to X, Orb, geats, Z, trigger, and decker.

This time, yes, blazer has standalone episodes between 15-20 too. But because they just started the mystery (V99), and we are still waiting for the final form, so the viewing experience becomes a lot better (minus the constant recap...)

Don't know if the toy department will complain, but now the director (who also directs Z) is probably the most successful ultraman director right now, so lucky we get this welcome change (no form variant, and push the final form to happen later)
We had Ultraman Geats?

Joke aside, I think by the end it ultimately depends on writer capacity to handle demand.
I mean, KR post-Decade pre-Reiwa are full of toys yet it doesn't stop Riku Sanjo to have two solid series (W and Drive) where the toys are actively involved and Shugo Muto, a guest writer from J-Dorama team, delivered Build on top of arrays of likeable MC like Eiji, Gentaro, Haruto and Kouta with various range of success.

What you consider problem in Geats is already there since Ex-Aid and Zero One, other two Yuya Takahashi series.
Strong start, weak middle, rushed ending with half-baked conclusion followed by side-materials that portray antagonists as reasonable people. Geats fans tend to threw "executive meddling" whenever Geats last story arc criticized but I'd say its Yuya own problem because it three series already; previously we got Revice (where all Riders after Ultimate Revice have no catalogue entries just like Riders after Geats IX) while Saber can walk just easy (new "Rider" is only Storious and they managed to conclude the story nicely).

Tsuburaya is no different; instead of toys I think what hurt most is obligatory tie-in.
Decker really hurted by that second Trigger appearance when it can be used for Agams, Decker background build up or maybe even Dinas foreshadowing. Godzilla tribute episode is fine but seriously they can packed more on that episode than just higher-ups being annoying somehow all investigation halted indefinitely.

I can see Blazar learn from criticism throughout Trigger and Decker, but I won't put it above "it could be better" (e.g. V99 can be introduced gradually since Gento insisted on calling the giant "Ultraman Blazar", no recap to make Gento screentime as either father or commander more effective).

Old 2023-11-19, 15:07   Link #289
justavisitor

Sorry I meant Geed. I didn't think about KR at all when I was writing that post above.

of course Blazer has rooms for improvement, but so far I think pacing wise (beside the recap) is the best we have so far since ...X??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2023-11-24, 23:52   Link #290
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

This episode fire.

YouTube
Old 2023-11-25, 11:03   Link #291
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh wow, they already use a gigantic kaiju 19 episodes in? In past Ultraman shows, Brood Gebalga would've been a final boss.

And look, Blazar has a pet. I've never seen Ultraman has an outright (non-capsule monsters) pet kaiju since Leo had to put down his reptile-dog-kaiju thingy.
Old 2023-11-26, 16:30   Link #292
justavisitor

can't help but think the new form does way more colossal damage than any other kaiju ever committed I mean, look at how the fire was spread when blazer released the finisher XD

And the old guy who stole the diary at the end was very despicable. We haven't had a character like this for a long time.
Old 2023-12-01, 20:28   Link #293
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2023-12-08, 20:08   Link #294
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2023-12-15, 21:27   Link #295
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Made you wonder if insurance company on Godzilla vs. Kong movies will say: "Business is great"

Old 2023-12-16, 11:31   Link #296
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's really nice to see all the original kaiju suits in past couple of episodes. And it's nice to see them touching on insurance in this kaiju-invested world in the newest episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Made you wonder if insurance company on Godzilla vs. Kong movies will say: "Business is great"

Many companies which covered the insurance for Hong Kong buildings in GvK are definitely going bankrupt if they cover kaiju disasters.
Old 2023-12-16, 15:55   Link #297
justavisitor

It's a good episode, but then it means the final arc won't arrive till the next episode, so we only have 3 episodes for the final arc...

wish the final arc could have been longer
Old 2023-12-21, 23:34   Link #298
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Tsuburaya just registered new Ultraman for 2024:

https://akkinews.net/archives/265872

ウルトラマンアーク

Ultraman Ark.

Blazar now this, they're going with strong names now after Trigger and Decker.

Old 2023-12-23, 00:35   Link #299
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Some fans: Tsuburaya, why no Gaia anniversary?

Tsuburaya: Please understand.
Old 2024-01-13, 21:34   Link #300
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Blazar is strong ...

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman