AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-15, 17:06   Link #281
Lautan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Who?

/joking...sorta.

He's irrelevant ever since the second year started.
Uwa, I completely forgot about him. Is his reaction regarding the fact about Tatsuya being TS or about the fight with Katsuto?
Lautan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 22:32   Link #282
Hokoga

Quote:
Who?

/joking...sorta.

He's irrelevant ever since the second year started.
Morisaki's main purpose was to show what an obnoxious course 1 student is like and that's it, he was mostly irrelevant even in the first year.

I'm surprised there's someone who actually gives a damn about his reaction at this point in the novel.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 23:03   Link #283
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Morisaki's main purpose was to show what an obnoxious course 1 student is like and that's it, he was mostly irrelevant even in the first year.

I'm surprised there's someone who actually gives a damn about his reaction at this point in the novel.
I don't, but he's one of the the few who were antagonist towards Tatsuya so I want to see how he eats shit.
Old 2017-08-16, 06:32   Link #284
Nice

Spoiler for context where the image Miyuki was crying:
[/QUOTE]

So why was Tatsuya so taken aback from this?
Miyuki manpipulating her brother is nothing new. She's always crying about the things he goes through.

But does she even know that they are still brother and sister, and that Maya lied to them to set up the marriage?
Im readying the bit where Tatsuya confronts Maya about it right now.
But does Miyuki even know yet? does she know but no longer cares and is commited to the role of 'fiance'?
What really gets on my nerves is that she spends most of her time worrying about how her brother gets used, get sad about it, wants to free him but then the engagement comes and all of sudden shes alright?

But more importantly, does Tatsuya even Love her the same way? with the cover, i assumed that something romantic was going to happen, but its all drama and conspiracies. Do they even kiss at all? or is it just the same ol hugs and worrying?
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 06:34   Link #285
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
Spoiler for context where the image Miyuki was crying:

Miyuki manpipulating her brother is nothing new. She's always crying about the things he goes through.

But does she even know that they are still brother and sister, and that Maya lied to them to set up the marriage?
But does Miyuki even know yet? does she know but no longer cares and is commited to the role of 'fiance'?
What really gets on my nerves is that she spends most of her time worrying about how her brother gets used, get sad about it, wants to free him but then the engagement comes and all of sudden shes alright?

But more importantly, does Tatsuya even Love her the same way? with the cover, i assumed that something romantic was going to happen, but its all drama and conspiracies. Do they even kiss at all? or is it just the same ol hugs and worrying?
She doesn't know and same old. Tatsuya can't love her as anything but his sister.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 06:37   Link #286
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
So I suppose this is the volume where Mayumi bows out of the Tatsuya sweepstakes (not that she had a chance in the first place).
All the way up to the island resort volume, i though Mayumi was being set up to be the "last girl wins" "first girl you meet" "snow is romantic" and "umbrella of love" trope character . Now i don't know but i wouldnt say she never had a chance, if anything she was most likely to, even after the engagement. At least thats how the story seemed to be going for the first 18 volumes or so.

Turns out she was going out of her way to protect Tatsuya since she thought Juumonji would over do it and kill Tatsuya once he saw Tatsuya 'restoration' in action.
She cares, but like most, does not know the true purpose of the DIONE project.
And apparently Juumonji still ships her with Tatsuya? apparently telling him to 'join the master clans', confusing Miyuki.
I gather the reason Juumonji would do this (if he did, still unclear to me)is because he doesn't think Tatsuya ever lied to him, particularly about Tatsuya saying he wasn't a part of the clans. So Juumonji probobly gathers that Tatsuya's alignment with the Yotsuba has 'Circumstances', which is why he believed that Tatsuya never lied about not being in the clans, and probobly feels like Tatsuya's role in the Yotsuba is becoming a problem (he DID attack a Japanese post after all)
That being said, The Master clans have political power under circumstances such as to never leave the country. But even if he married Miyuki or anyone else, became a certified Master Clan magician, i wonder if the DIONE project would make an exception, or if Japan MC system would have to be enforced?

Also, i'm guessing she dosent get stabbed?
Old 2017-08-16, 06:39   Link #287
Nice

Quote:
She doesn't know and same old. Tatsuya can't love her as anything but his sister.
so why was he so shocked? like he accidentally stepped on a puppy?
Old 2017-08-16, 06:56   Link #288
AP24

Quote:
Miyuki knows she and Tatsuya are still siblings and that she's a modified body which she's no longer genetically close to Tatsuya after he told her in Vol 16. Despite knowing that she still wants to be his wife and this was also when she finally told him that she's in love with him. Tatsuya said he still sees Miyuki as his sister but he will try to see her as a woman.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 07:14   Link #289
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lautan View Post
Uwa, I completely forgot about him. Is his reaction regarding the fact about Tatsuya being TS or about the fight with Katsuto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't, but he's one of the the few who were antagonist towards Tatsuya so I want to see how he eats shit.
Haven't read the announcement scene/page yet so I don't know yet.
I pointed Morisaki as an example for the difference with people who looked down other and other who simply ignorant about Tatsuya's power.

Quote:
I forgot mentioned that she's suddenly crying after Tatsuya sighing/complaining and he was taken aback with her sudden cry.

Quote:
Rest easy, because in this volume she came to resolution to free Tatsuya by releasing the "oath" spell.
She couldn't rely Yotsuba and military even though those two organizations benefited from Tatsuya's contributions.

Quote:
I'm not sure whether it's considered romantic at all, but after one week they're separated, Tatsuya was mesmerized on how beautiful Miyuki is. He literally looked Miyuki intensively (maybe I read it wrong though) before Miyuki mentioned that it's embarrassed for her.

He changed the subject to ask the reason why Miyuki came to Izu.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 07:42   Link #290
mashingan
魔神眼

Spoiler for Fumiya came to Izu to inform Tatsuya:

Spoiler for Tatsuya asked confirmation to Kazama:

Spoiler for another Mayumi conversation with Katsuto:
Old 2017-08-16, 08:13   Link #291
Lnlover

Thnx mashin.
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 10:47   Link #292
Lautan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post

Miyuki really got mad there eh? I just hope she won't do anything reckless...
By the way, why did Tatsuya's inhuman smile come out at that time? (if he really did smile, and not just Kazama's imagination)
Does the battalion not being able to help mean he can go all out or what?
Lautan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 14:39   Link #293
Nice

Is Miyuki releasing Tatsuya of the "oath" the same as him regaining his emotions or just his magic limiter release?

Does Yakumo know about Tatsuyas mental state? He seems to know about Tatsuya being likely to destroy the world if anything happens to Miyuki.
Old 2017-08-16, 15:02   Link #294
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Is Miyuki releasing Tatsuya of the "oath" the same as him regaining his emotions or just his magic limiter release?

Does Yakumo know about Tatsuyas mental state? He seems to know about Tatsuya being likely to destroy the world if anything happens to Miyuki.
Dude, aren't you reading the story? All this info was explained ages ago in the novel...

Pledge is just the seal placed on Tatsuya's powers, it has nothing to do with his emotions. Moreover, there's no such thing as 'regaining' his emotions, they were erased.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 16:06   Link #295
cyberdemon

Quote:

The issue with his emotions is that an artificial Magic Calculation Area that their mother placed inside him took up the area of his mind that controlled emotions. It caused him to lose his emotions save for the love for his sister which was intended by Miya and Maya. Pledge has nothing to do with it.
Old 2017-08-16, 16:15   Link #296
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:

Thanks Mashigan.

Miyuki's reaction is understandable. Your dearest is being targeted by many yet the family is not lending any help. If we use kokoro full of feelings to read, I pity Miyuki because among all who were allowed full information on Tatsuya, she seems to be the only one ready to be very compassionate and supportive of him. To me, Tatsuya losing basic strong emotions only to receive them through Miyuki, making her as a special existence.

Tatsuya's inhuman smile...Is it because it means he does not need to hold back, or because he finds it amusing that when the needs come, the 101 military wont help (he paid them with services yet when he is in danger, there is no protection from them, even though he is a precious military asset, a SCM)?

Hehe Mayumi is concerned Katsuto will go all out. It does not sound like Katsuto is underestimating Tatsuya though.

I want to read this volume so bad
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 21:06   Link #297
Ultragunner

Quote:

To be honest, I can't still like Miyuki
Especially when she hasn't changed at all since the beginning.

For Tatsuya, even with his emotional defect, we can still spot his development, at the very least we can see that his thoughts and opinions can change over time.
Old 2017-08-16, 21:15   Link #298
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
To be honest, I can't still like Miyuki
Especially when she hasn't changed at all since the beginning.

For Tatsuya, even with his emotional defect, we can still spot his development, at the very least we can see that his thoughts and opinions can change over time.
I stopped liking Miyuki quiet early on as I realized she was practically one-dimensional, Tatsuya she treats like a king but also manipulates him for her own benefits, and treats everybody not in her circle of friends like shit.

TBH I don't mind manga and LN's that use incest, I usually root for them too, but I can't for Tatsuya and Miyuki, I just don't like her. Though Mayumi has always been an interesting character in her own right I do think she's still the best girl for him, I liked her initially and it's continued so far for the most part.

So yeah Miyuki is generally close to being a static character.

IMO.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 21:28   Link #299
Bgunit

This is probably a random question but whatever happened to mizuki?
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 01:24   Link #300
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lautan View Post
Miyuki really got mad there eh? I just hope she won't do anything reckless...
By the way, why did Tatsuya's inhuman smile come out at that time? (if he really did smile, and not just Kazama's imagination)
Does the battalion not being able to help mean he can go all out or what?
I'm not sure since it's not explained in the line (maybe explained but it's from Kazama pov).
But I think Tatsuya never thought of relying the battalion and just asking for confirmation whether military became his enemy or not.

Quote:
To me, this is actually quite unexpected too. The only people who should know about it are the people who involved of Miyuki genetic engineering.
Very likely Yakumo got the gist from Aoba and from his own intelligent ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Thanks Mashigan.

Miyuki's reaction is understandable. Your dearest is being targeted by many yet the family is not lending any help. If we use kokoro full of feelings to read, I pity Miyuki because among all who were allowed full information on Tatsuya, she seems to be the only one ready to be very compassionate and supportive of him. To me, Tatsuya losing basic strong emotions only to receive them through Miyuki, making her as a special existence.
Yeah, that's why she came to conclusion that even she disregard Maya's order or whatsoever, she decided to remove pledge spell. She thought, if Maya/Yotsuba wanted Tatsuya to defend by himself, then they must gave him his full power.
Miyuki thought of metaphor, as if they tell someone that he/she being targeted by nuclear missile but not giving the way out of that predicament.

Quote:
Tatsuya's inhuman smile...Is it because it means he does not need to hold back, or because he finds it amusing that when the needs come, the 101 military wont help (he paid them with services yet when he is in danger, there is no protection from them, even though he is a precious military asset, a SCM)?
Hmm, I think it's unexpected that Kazama said that when Tatsuya understood he couldn't rely on 101 battalion.

Quote:
Hehe Mayumi is concerned Katsuto will go all out. It does not sound like Katsuto is underestimating Tatsuya though.

I want to read this volume so bad
Yup, by no means Katsuto underestimated Tatsuya. Even when those two fight, Katsuto fought full power, not giving Tatsuya a slight chance to take breather. The only slight time Tatsuya had when he wounded because of Phalanx impact and lied down, with face to ground. Even then Katsuto still attacked him, but Katsuto surprised because Tatsuya able to decompose 32 layers in Phalanx. Because Katsuto thought Tatsuya was already weakened. He said, "So that's Regrowth..."
Just after that, Tatsuya preparation complete, and Lance Head already affixed to Trident. So the fight ended

Tatsuya explained the nature of attack, in order to make Katsuto admitting defeat, to make him understand it's futile to continue this showdown.

Also, Tatsuya wasn't tired, even if the intelligence squad really came to attack Tatsuya, he would easily defeat them all. Not to mention Miyuki and Minami were still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
So yeah Miyuki is generally close to being a static character.

IMO.
In other words, Miyuki is very consistent character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunit View Post
This is probably a random question but whatever happened to mizuki?
Tatsuya friends intercepted intelligence squad, it's close to surprise attack, by Honoka's light wave, almost half to 2/3 squad members was disabled (sleep, I meant). Among three smaller team, 2 team leader were taken out so it made the chain of command was thrown in confusion.

The interception attacks combo were really good, as expected from Tatsuya's friends

Mizuki and Shizuku didn't go outside of the scene but from the page line it's explained maybe Mizuki and Shizuku weren't that far from the Tatsuya vs Katsuto showdown place.