3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-15, 21:36   Link #281
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm... Not quite sure what your reply has to do with my question.

Not to mention you're suddenly talking about war for no apparent reason.

Or drawing comparisons to the Light Novel.. Which I totally didn't ask for.

Seriously, I'd appreciate it if LN readers would stop treating every single question as "Please O mighty LN reader, please enlighten me in your ways because I am just a mere anime-only watcher."

It's getting rather annoying.
Old 2014-05-15, 23:52   Link #282
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, concerning Tatsuya's "unstoppable-ness", doesn't his entire schtick rely on his opponents not knowing what he can do?
That's largely true from what has been shown thus far, everyone picking a fight with him did underestimate him just because of his label as a course 2.

The viewers know better of course to the spoiler feat of Tatsuya nuking the ships but I have to say that particular scene does take away heavily from the gradual experience of slowly uncovering his background and circumstances.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-05-16, 02:21   Link #283
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean I know there's more to him than that. I mean he's still a capable fighter. But the fact that his opponents underestimated him time and time again did cause his fights to last very short.
Old 2014-05-16, 04:52   Link #284
CorenB

I'm a little curious. Since Tatsuya specializes only in blocking magic from activating instead of countering magic once it's already being cast, does that mean if he's being surprise-attacked he's a sitting duck? Maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but I hope he at least has some kind of weakness.

Enjoy English Visual Novels and RPGs? Check out Soyasushi Productions!
Old 2014-05-16, 05:14   Link #285
Ultragunner

Quote:
I mean I know there's more to him than that. I mean he's still a capable fighter. But the fact that his opponents underestimated him time and time again did cause his fights to last very short.
Agreed, but hey I don't look down on you, ok?

Like you say, one of the main reasons why he has been breezing through his fights is because the opponents underestimate and have no idea Tatsuya is capable of, he's really like a silent ninja that could cut your throat off if you weren't watching

One time we see Tatsuya gets his asses kicked was in the 1st episode (), his master (Yakumo I believe) knew Tatsuya's ability, thus he was able to respond appropriately
Old 2014-05-16, 08:09   Link #286
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Agreed, but hey I don't look down on you, ok?

Like you say, one of the main reasons why he has been breezing through his fights is because the opponents underestimate and have no idea Tatsuya is capable of, he's really like a silent ninja that could cut your throat off if you weren't watching

One time we see Tatsuya gets his asses kicked was in the 1st episode (), his master (Yakumo I believe) knew Tatsuya's ability, thus he was able to respond appropriately
And that was with Tatsuya not useing any magic and its debatable if he got his ass kicked. Lost yes but he seems to have push a grandmaster to the point he had to use magic to keep the uper hand.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-05-16, 08:49   Link #287
Ickarium

I'm going to keep to the anime.

The thing to remember is one on one, Tastuya is badass. Very few can beat him simply because he combines skillful magic with physical ability. Remember, Mizuki mentioned that 'most combat magic uses five or less processes'.

Many on one, it's harder. Yes, Tatsuya can kick the ass of wimps like the school Kenjutsu club. He's talented, so he's not helpless. But remember, it was MIYUKI who casually used a spell and threw a group of enemies in the air to fall down unconscious. Not Tatsuya.

There's one or two things I cannot talk about yet, but in a nutshell, Tatusya is the Big Guy and the Smart Guy in one package. He's really smart, and he has a ton of combat power. It's Miyuki who's the Ace. She can do a ton of things Tatsuya can't, and can do most of the magical things Tatsuya can do, easily. Physical skills not so much, and one or two other things like his 'self regeneration' thing you see in an early episode.
Old 2014-05-16, 11:23   Link #288
Tormenk

Quote:
No rematches so we won't see how if they can fare better with their knowledge of his skills in mind. Although you did posed a very good question, along with another poster from last page questioning about settling the discrimination between course 1 and 2 students. I guess there will be a better answer as the show reveals more details down the road.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-05-17, 01:44   Link #289
Frontier

Lots of really good discussion for this episode. Honestly, I think there's good points on both sides of the issue and that it's certainly not a simple issue. I guess just for my personal and maybe simple opinion of things, I understand how the Course 2 students feel, and Tatsuya's more pragmatic view on things. Though obviously the Course 2 students have flaws in there arguments and most certainly in their approach, and there were at least some things Tatsuya said in the episode that didn't gel well with me.

Mibu vs. Erika was pretty nice, and it shows well on Mibu's skills that she was able to hold her own for a bit and forced Erika to go all out with her magic. It also reflects that, without magic in the equation, potentially neither Mari or Erika, could actually stand up to her in legitimate duel. Mibu can at least take pride in that much .

You know, seeing Mibu without the jacket and exposing more skin was oddly attractive. I actually hope that gets to happen more often for the girls of First High School .

While I do really like Mibu, I'm not sure how I feel about her getting off relatively scott-free for her involvement in the attack or potentially at least getting off with a lighter punishment from the school compared to getting arrested for terrorism by the police... but if this extends to the rest of the Course 2 students who were involved and not direct members of Blanche, then that's fine. Though with the police showing up and detaining some of the terrorists, it seems like Mibu's involvement would be the only thing that they could be kept in the dark about .

And I agree with Random Wanderer, Kirihara had the right idea bout trying to get Mibu back to how she used to be but he went about it terribly. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be a an extra member of Tatsuya's group in taking on Blanche, though I kinda wish it were Mibu or Mari instead .

Tatsuya's reasoning for going after Blanche pretty much cements what his main priorities in life are, and how it is not a good idea to mess with his sister and their everyday lives. Though even if he wasn't doing any of it for Mibu, and despite his lack of sympathy at the beginning, I'd like to think that her not ending up in jail was at least a side-benefit of his not wanting any police involvement even if his main reason was just so he could have first dibs on Blanche...
Old 2014-05-17, 02:49   Link #290
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
American colleges don't work like Asian high schools or colleges. Entrance exams are most important in Asia.
We have selective high school entrance exams in Oz.
Old 2014-05-17, 05:18   Link #291
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Tatsuya is awesome!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-05-17, 11:56   Link #292
Thor
Lightning God

Pretty interesting so far with the concepts between CAD's and Magic, but i think the fights are too easy for Tatsuya, He's pretty badass as most say but if it continues like this, It may get boring sooner or later.
Old 2014-05-17, 12:43   Link #293
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, there DO exist invincible heroes who aren't boring. Well, they're rare. But there might be other ways to create dramatic tension. That's not to say I expect this story to be like that though. It's a legitimate concern of mine as well.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:33   Link #294
Vocah

Quote:
Well, there DO exist invincible heroes who aren't boring. Well, they're rare. But there might be other ways to create dramatic tension. That's not to say I expect this story to be like that though. It's a legitimate concern of mine as well.
Could you perhaps name a few? Maybe you have a few that I have missed. I'm always eager to see invincible heroes.
Old 2014-05-17, 19:42   Link #295
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I was mostly thinking of Superman when I said that. I doubt he's someone you don't know about.
Old 2014-05-17, 21:34   Link #296
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Could you perhaps name a few? Maybe you have a few that I have missed. I'm always eager to see invincible heroes.
Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma was pretty overpowered, there was only one fight in the whole show were I thought he was in any danger. I liked him a lot even though.
Old 2014-05-18, 05:02   Link #297
Vocah

@Dengar
Too bad.

@Magewolf
Yeah, Kazuma was pretty cool ^^
Old 2014-05-18, 10:10   Link #298
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma was pretty overpowered, there was only one fight in the whole show were I thought he was in any danger. I liked him a lot even though.
ah you mention Kazuma, actually he's invincible, especially when he's on Contractor mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
@Dengar
Too bad.

@Magewolf
Yeah, Kazuma was pretty cool ^^
Alucard ?
Closed Thread