AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 23:58   Link #281
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Whelp, there's the scene where Mayumi sees Tatsuya's decomposition.
Tohyama Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 01:35   Link #282
Aciald

I hope the Japanese readers don't go off the rails because now that we know she is in the novel yet again, and flirting with Tatsuya yet again, it would be really wierd if there wasn't at least an attempt to arrange a marriage between Tatsuya and Mayumi. At this point she keeps showing up to flirt with Tatsuya even when she has nothing to do with the plot.

Miyuki, Masaki, Kasumi, Izumi, Katsuto all should be in the same boat as Mayumi, and yet arranged marriage is only mentioned in relation to Mayumi. (Katsuto only gets mentioned because Mayumi is a candidate to marry him.) I would guess that it will be part of the TMC selection arc. Also now that Koichi has gotten himself involved in treason he can be forced to agree to it.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 04:56   Link #283
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
I hope the Japanese readers don't go off the rails because now that we know she is in the novel yet again, and flirting with Tatsuya yet again, it would be really wierd if there wasn't at least an attempt to arrange a marriage between Tatsuya and Mayumi. At this point she keeps showing up to flirt with Tatsuya even when she has nothing to do with the plot.

Miyuki, Masaki, Kasumi, Izumi, Katsuto all should be in the same boat as Mayumi, and yet arranged marriage is only mentioned in relation to Mayumi. (Katsuto only gets mentioned because Mayumi is a candidate to marry him.) I would guess that it will be part of the TMC selection arc. Also now that Koichi has gotten himself involved in treason he can be forced to agree to it.
She is popular even in Japan so no need to go off the rails. I am not sure if she is flirting with Tatsuya in this volume though, from the spoilers, there is development for several characters and Mayumi is starting to accept that she is in love with him. She asked for is help and Hanzo was heartbroken but Miyuki was also here, her reaction is unknown.

Mayumi's situation is more similar to Miyuki than the others and she is in a worse situation because there are already 2 possible candidates and she is older, adult. Magicians are encouraged to marry early, she might get married to Hirofumi once he will finish his mission with Mio. Katsuto doesn't care about stuff like this, same for the Saegusa twins but Kasumi said a powerful magician must give birth to a healthy children, they know their duties at least. Masaki is too focused on training and Miyuki an he is still a 2nd year but arguably, even if Miyuki hiding her identity as a Yotsuba, she would never get rejected as a marriage candidate because of her feats in the 9SC.

But Tatsuya has low magic skills, he would not want him as a candidate unless he discusses with him in person, he already has suspicions. Unless Tatsuya actually went to the Saegusa house I doubt there will be a marriage proposal, Tatsuya would not accept anyway.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 05:18   Link #284
NeutralZero

Tatsuya may have a 'low' magic skill but his mana capacity is second to none...
That might merit a marriage proposal...
Though have to agree of Tatsuya not accepting it...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 09:03   Link #285
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
The thing about arranged marriages is the people involved often don't get a vote. Not talking about a marriage based on love or romance but on politics. It could come as a way to get the Saegusa and Yotsuba to stop fighting, or a way to hold both clans in check. It could even be a plan to seperate Tatsuya from the Yotsuba. While there is nothing that says it will go anywhere, I just think at this point there are too many hints for the proposal not to be made.
Old 2014-09-14, 09:23   Link #286
azarhal

Quote:
The thing about arranged marriages is the people involved often don't get a vote. Not talking about a marriage based on love or romance but on politics. It could come as a way to get the Saegusa and Yotsuba to stop fighting, or a way to hold both clans in check. It could even be a plan to seperate Tatsuya from the Yotsuba. While there is nothing that says it will go anywhere, I just think at this point there are too many hints for the proposal not to be made.
Why would Koichi marry one of his daughters to a guy he doesn't know is a Yotsuba? On top of that, any marriage proposal will have to go through the clan head, not Tatsuya he has not say in a arranged marriage.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 11:13   Link #287
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Why would Koichi marry one of his daughters to a guy he doesn't know is a Yotsuba? On top of that, any marriage proposal will have to go through the clan head, not Tatsuya he has not say in a arranged marriage.
Shrug, I have no idea. I am just saying that the hints all seem to point in that direction. I'm not even saying they will get married or that it will go anywhere. Between the constant reminders that Mayumi's marriage will be arranged, and the 'random' Mayumi encounter that happens in every book regardless of it having nothing to do with the plot. Seems pointless to go to that effort unless the author plans to use that as part of a future plot.
Old 2014-09-14, 13:22   Link #288
Echizen777

I agree with azaharl, a marriage proposal in unlikely and there won't be one anytime soon IMO.

Quote:
Shrug, I have no idea. I am just saying that the hints all seem to point in that direction. I'm not even saying they will get married or that it will go anywhere. Between the constant reminders that Mayumi's marriage will be arranged, and the 'random' Mayumi encounter that happens in every book regardless of it having nothing to do with the plot. Seems pointless to go to that effort unless the author plans to use that as part of a future plot.
It has importance if as I think, Mayumi is supposed to take the role of the love interest but we all know that Tatsuya can't love. Since V13 hinted that Tatsuya will learn more about emotions via Pixie and also that he is indeed changing then it makes sense, seems like Tsutomu finally decided to make emotional development more relevant for all the characters, it was dragged for far too long. In this case, a marriage between these two could solve the Yotsuba VS Saegusa problem. And it would really be like the Romeo and Juliet scenario that a lot of persons seem to like because actually Romeo is not tormented by these problems.
Old 2014-09-16, 11:40   Link #289
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Tatsuya would accept it if there is a benefit such as the protection of Miyuki. research that could help him in his goals. Both of which could potentially be given by the Saegusa. By agreeing to marry Mayumi, Tatsuya could help end the hostilities between the 2 clans. The research done in the research lab could give Tatsuya the benefits he needs to get his goals moving faster.
Old 2014-09-16, 12:40   Link #290
Clutchdog

I'm not sure, are there actually people that think Tatsuya won't end up, A) Alone, B) with Miyuki, C) An implied Miyuki? Or is it just shipping talk?

Like a completely honest opinion, say you had to bet money on it. I feel like you'd have to ignore the entire work to actually believe that.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 12:45   Link #291
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Tatsuya would accept it if there is a benefit such as the protection of Miyuki. research that could help him in his goals. Both of which could potentially be given by the Saegusa. By agreeing to marry Mayumi, Tatsuya could help end the hostilities between the 2 clans. The research done in the research lab could give Tatsuya the benefits he needs to get his goals moving faster.
The problem with this is that Tatsuya would be put in positions that prioritize Mayumi over his duties as a guardian of Miyuki. I don't think Tatsuya would agree to that in his current form. If he changes enough emotionally to love Mayumi, this could be a much different decision. Besides all of that, would Koichi consent to that marriage if he knew Tatsuya was a lowly guardian? Tatsuya is not your average guardian by any stretch, but he is also not recognized as a Yotsuba. If such a marriage went through, it would go a long way in explaining the Yotsuba's true stance on Tatsuya.

Another thing to consider is that Tatsuya doesn't consider himself a Yotsuba. He also doesn't feel any loyalty to the Yotsuba. In reality, he wishes to destroy the Yotsuba. I think an arranged marriage for the sake of resolving a power struggle would not last. Honestly, Koichi might be more willing to marry Mayumi to Tatsuya if he knew Tatsuya's true power and intention towards the Yotsuba.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 12:47   Link #292
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
I'm not sure, are there actually people that think Tatsuya won't end up, A) Alone, B) with Miyuki, C) An implied Miyuki? Or is it just shipping talk?

Like a completely honest opinion, say you had to bet money on it. I feel like you'd have to ignore the entire work to actually believe that.
I guess it depends on how you read the novels. At this point the Author has laid the groundwork for the choices you gave as well as Tatsuya ending up with Erika, Honoka, or Mayumi. A case could be made for any of them thats based on whats in the novel and not on wishful thinking.
Old 2014-09-16, 12:48   Link #293
cyberdemon

Quote:

you forgot D) Dead. for the others though it doesn't matter if he does end up with another girl. They will always be second to him compared to Miyuki. More than likely if he does end with another girl it will be for a purpose other than love. That isn't uncommon in this universe though.
Old 2014-09-16, 12:59   Link #294
Echizen777

Quote:

This should be on the Tatsuya or Miyuki thread but I don't see him with Miyuki simply because she is simply a sister in his eyes, no matter what she does.

Now back to Mayumi...Do you think she will die in the next volume?
Old 2014-09-16, 13:00   Link #295
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
you forgot D) Dead. for the others though it doesn't matter if he does end up with another girl. They will always be second to him compared to Miyuki. More than likely if he does end with another girl it will be for a purpose other than love. That isn't uncommon in this universe though.
I just assumed that it would be included in A, but maybe a point could be made for it to exist separately.

I mean, I'm actually hoping for Tatsuya - Kyouko but I'm also realistically looking at the novel I'm reading.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 13:02   Link #296
plomeplome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
The problem with this is that Tatsuya would be put in positions that prioritize Mayumi over his duties as a guardian of Miyuki. I don't think Tatsuya would agree to that in his current form. If he changes enough emotionally to love Mayumi, this could be a much different decision. Besides all of that, would Koichi consent to that marriage if he knew Tatsuya was a lowly guardian? Tatsuya is not your average guardian by any stretch, but he is also not recognized as a Yotsuba. If such a marriage went through, it would go a long way in explaining the Yotsuba's true stance on Tatsuya.

Another thing to consider is that Tatsuya doesn't consider himself a Yotsuba. He also doesn't feel any loyalty to the Yotsuba. In reality, he wishes to destroy the Yotsuba. I think an arranged marriage for the sake of resolving a power struggle would not last. Honestly, Koichi might be more willing to marry Mayumi to Tatsuya if he knew Tatsuya's true power and intention towards the Yotsuba.
I think that it is likely that Tatsuya will become an official Yotsuba in the next few volume. Most likely when Miyuki become the Yotsuba heir. Maya seems to have a different view on Tatsuya recently
plomeplome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 13:42   Link #297
Mentar
Banned

Quote:

Being a Miyuki fan myself, I'm still of the opinion that the story will NOT end with Tatsuya-Miyuki. I believe that she will end up with Masaki, and I certainly would give Mayumi a long shot with Tatsuya. I wouldn't call this likely, but it's not impossible.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 16:54   Link #298
Navinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
This should be on the Tatsuya or Miyuki thread but I don't see him with Miyuki simply because she is simply a sister in his eyes, no matter what she does.

Now back to Mayumi...Do you think she will die in the next volume?
I do not think, the author will kill off Mayumi that fast.

Mayumi is liked a lot by the fanbase. And this is not "Game of Thrones )

I think there will be a lot of drama and maybe Mayumi will become an extra through certain actions

i can only speak for myself, but i would stop reading the light novel, when he would kill Mayumi. I like this character, (and a lot of people in japan like her too ) so i do not think he will kill her in the 2 next volume.
Navinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 17:34   Link #299
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navinor View Post
I do not think, the author will kill off Mayumi that fast.

Mayumi is liked a lot by the fanbase. And this is not "Game of Thrones )

I think there will be a lot of drama and maybe Mayumi will become an extra through certain actions

i can only speak for myself, but i would stop reading the light novel, when he would kill Mayumi. I like this character, (and a lot of people in japan like her too ) so i do not think he will kill her in the 2 next volume.
I was just worried because of the wording, Mayumi is already strong enough by herself and she has Multi-Scope to protect her if she is followed, the fact that we don't know much about ancient magic is another reason why I was worried she could get trapped but if she is already with Tatsuya it should be enough.
Old 2014-09-16, 18:45   Link #300
Aciald

I had not really thought about it but if Mayumi teams up with Tatsuya she may wind up learning most everything. She knows about regrowth and was the only one to see him disintegrate the truck. She is in denial about his connection to the Yotsuba but she has made the connection. Could make for some fun conversations in the next novel.