AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-01, 14:00   Link #281
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I might be misremembering. Or it's an anime-only thing.
Old 2017-12-01, 14:09   Link #282
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I think the illusion does performed but maybe in different method between anime and manga when Master Roshi doing that.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 14:11   Link #283
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, I meant Vegeta saying that Goku's father devised the technique for creating an artificial moon. I might either be misremembering or it's anime-only thing. I couldn't have imagined that, though, so I probably heard or read it somewhere.
Old 2017-12-01, 18:54   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not a thing in neither the manga nor the anime. Unless the dub you watched made some really weird changes to the story.
Old 2017-12-01, 20:16   Link #285
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I must've seen it somewhere. I don't think I'd imagine something like that up. I could just be remembering wrong, though.
Old 2017-12-02, 07:43   Link #286
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I must've seen it somewhere. I don't think I'd imagine something like that up. I could just be remembering wrong, though.

Ocean Dub. Goku's father is a brilliant scientist.

It seems that Vegeta mistook Goku's father as a Superman's father.

Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 07:53   Link #287
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So it's not even canon. Got it.

By the way, Bardock himself is canon, right? Just the part where he became Super Saiyan isn't (or it just got retconned with Yamoshi).
Old 2017-12-02, 12:58   Link #288
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
So it's not even canon. Got it.

By the way, Bardock himself is canon, right? Just the part where he became Super Saiyan isn't (or it just got retconned with Yamoshi).
Bardock became SSJ is not canon.

But yeah, Bardock character is canon. You can learn more about him and Goku's mother at Dragon Ball Minus chapter. Very different from the Movie "Bardock - The father of Goku".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 13:15   Link #289
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So it really was a dub thing. First time I'd heard of that.

Quote:
Yes, he is definitely canon. He was shown in one panel of the manga, and in Dragon Ball Minus as Sixth already mentioned. It's a shame the Bardock special isn't canon, it was a lot better than Minus.
Old 2017-12-02, 14:41   Link #290
DragonOsman
Dragon King

PM me info on where I can find Minus. I'll read it.

I guess Goku himself doesn't know anything about his parents? Aside from what he heard from Vegeta during his dying monologue on Namek and the time when Frieza said he resembles someone he met on Planet Vegeta or something like that.

There are similarities between Superman and Goku, but at least Superman can talk to his father (or at least an AI that seems to have his memories and knowledge).

Edit: Just read Minus.

So Bardock told him to not look up at the moon for too long. I guess he forgot about that when he hit his head. But if his parents only sent him to Earth to keep him safe, why did Radditz think he should've wiped out everyone there? Did he misunderstand why their parents sent him there?

Also, there's another little inconsistency (well, two). Goku was already a little older than an infant and he was also wearing clothes when he left Planet Vegeta. But when he came out of the pod in Dragon Ball, he was an infant and naked.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-12-03 at 09:06.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 13:54   Link #291
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Pretty sure it was 3 millions because of if I not mistaken frieza max power level was 120 millions and ssj Goku was 150 millions.
Correct.

Quote:
SSR Trunks
Damned gachas are ruining letters for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
On the contrary, it seems to make sense. Vegeta only became a super saiyan after he got a bit accustomed to the calm of Earth, as opposed to going around trying to undermine Frieza
Also after he had gone from a PL of like 18k to well over a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What? That never happened. Goku's father is only mentioned (and seen) once in the manga, when Frieza recalls meeting a saiyan who looked like Goku. I have no idea where you got all this from
Pretty sure it was from the badly translated Ocean Dub.

Quote:
So Bardock told him to not look up at the moon for too long. I guess he forgot about that when he hit his head.
People generally not to remember things said to them when they're only like a week old.

Quote:
But if his parents only sent him to Earth to keep him safe, why did Radditz think he should've wiped out everyone there? Did he misunderstand why their parents sent him there?

Also, there's another little inconsistency (well, two). Goku was already a little older than an infant and he was also wearing clothes when he left Planet Vegeta. But when he came out of the pod in Dragon Ball, he was an infant and naked.
Because Toriyama can't remember what he writes and doesn't bother to go back to check.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 17:44   Link #292
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
People generally not to remember things said to them when they're only like a week old.
Goku is three years old in Minus. He would have probably remembered if he hadn't hit his head. As for him wearing clothes, I don't believe the moment Grandpa Gohan found him was ever shown in the manga.
Old 2017-12-04, 06:44   Link #293
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It was shown in the anime. He took out a naked, crying baby Goku. I guess that's just anime-original, then? In that case, yeah, I guess there's no inconsistency in the manga in that regard.
Old 2017-12-07, 21:52   Link #294
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
The heck is S-cell?

Spoiler for images:
This reveal made me think and I realized that it closed a few plot holes concerning a Saiyan's tail.

Spoiler for S-cell and Saiyan Tail Speculation:
Old 2017-12-08, 10:14   Link #295
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If your speculation turns out to be true, I want to know if Yamoshi had a tail. He was the first Super Saiyan on Universe 7, right? So did he lose his tail early on? Hopefully Super will shed some light on this.
Old 2017-12-08, 12:15   Link #296
cyberdemon

the s-cell thing seems to come out of no where but it can explain a few plotholes neatly.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-12-09 at 15:32.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 07:27   Link #297
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Y-cells? Don't you mean S-cells? There's no mention of Y-cells in there. And I also don't see a mention of tails anywhere. But maybe your speculation about the tails is correct. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 2017-12-09, 15:33   Link #298
cyberdemon

it was a mistype
Old 2017-12-13, 11:48   Link #299
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just watched up to (and including) Episode 119 two days ago.

I liked seeing Vegeta get pissed when Cabba got erased along with the rest of Universe 6. He was in a really bad mood. It goes to show that Vegeta did care about Cabba as his student. I just hope Goku does wish Universe 6 back at least, if not all of the universes that get erased in this tournament, if and when he wins. Then I'd like for him to train Caulifla (and maybe also Kale).

The Universe 2 guys were annoying until the end, with their whole "love" thing. Even that universe's angel mentioned it.

I was thinking Vegeta would also be able to get Ultra Instinct, but it looks like he can't. Not yet, at least. I wonder if he'll ever get it. And if what Vegeta thought Ultra Instinct is, is correct, then that means I was indeed right. It's exactly what Whis said before about letting the body move independently of the mind, purely on instinct.

So now Goku just has to master it. I hope he'll manage to master it before or during his rematch against Jiren.
Old 2017-12-13, 18:11   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I just watched up to (and including) Episode 119 two days ago.

I liked seeing Vegeta get pissed when Cabba got erased along with the rest of Universe 6. He was in a really bad mood. It goes to show that Vegeta did care about Cabba as his student. I just hope Goku does wish Universe 6 back at least, if not all of the universes that get erased in this tournament, if and when he wins. Then I'd like for him to train Caulifla (and maybe also Kale).

The Universe 2 guys were annoying until the end, with their whole "love" thing. Even that universe's angel mentioned it.

I was thinking Vegeta would also be able to get Ultra Instinct, but it looks like he can't. Not yet, at least. I wonder if he'll ever get it. And if what Vegeta thought Ultra Instinct is, is correct, then that means I was indeed right. It's exactly what Whis said before about letting the body move independently of the mind, purely on instinct.

So now Goku just has to master it. I hope he'll manage to master it before or during his rematch against Jiren.
You should try posting in the anime thread, you'll get more replies there.

Anyway, to get back to the manga, spoilers for the next chapter came out.

Spoiler for 31:

Tags
donkan mc