Old 2010-11-21, 08:18   Link #281
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Hong Kong timezone. Er...+8, is it?

I'd love a Ryner and Ferris ねんとろいど. ._.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 12:07   Link #282
LunarChain

hey guys, I watched the anime adaptation of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, however I would really appreciate if someone can answer some questions I have:

First of all, how many volumes excatly does the novel have, each the main story and sequel, and if am right, the sequel is Legend of the great legendary heroes. Also, it would be nice if someone can give me the name of the side stories. ( I checked wikipedia but they just state them as volumes so u dont know wat is wat)

Secondly, from what I saw at wikipedia, it shows that all the volumes of the visual novels have been published and yet I get the impression from the forums here that its still ongoing so am a bit confused about it.

Thirdly, is there any translation for the story? (Cant check baka-tsuki since they are down).

Lastly, do you guys think that this will be a harem or a single girl ending?

thnx
LunarChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 12:58   Link #283
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
First of all, how many volumes excatly does the novel have, each the main story and sequel, and if am right, the sequel is Legend of the great legendary heroes. Also, it would be nice if someone can give me the name of the side stories. ( I checked wikipedia but they just state them as volumes so u dont know wat is wat)
Denyuuden had 11 volumes
Toriaezu had like... uh... 8?
Dai Denyuuden has had 8 so far
Kuro has had 6 so far.

Quote:
Secondly, from what I saw at wikipedia, it shows that all the volumes of the visual novels have been published and yet I get the impression from the forums here that its still ongoing so am a bit confused about it.
Dai Denyuuden and Kuro are still ongoing.

Quote:
Thirdly, is there any translation for the story? (Cant check baka-tsuki since they are down).
Yes, precisely at baka-tsuki.

Quote:
Lastly, do you guys think that this will be a harem or a single girl ending?
Sion gay-harem end confirmed.
Old 2010-11-21, 13:04   Link #284
LunarChain

Quote:
Sion gay-harem end confirmed.
Thats going a bit too far for a joke -_-

anyways any ideas when baka-tsuki will be back?

edit: ow ya and which is the sequel here? Dai Denyuuden or Kuro?
Old 2010-11-21, 13:26   Link #285
larethian

Quote:
Thats going a bit too far for a joke -_-

anyways any ideas when baka-tsuki will be back?

edit: ow ya and which is the sequel here? Dai Denyuuden or Kuro?
sequel is dai denyuuden. and toriaezu has 11 volumes. excluding shinyuuden (= Kuro), this is the order of reading prescribed by the author (dyd=prequel, tori=short stories, ddyd=sequel):
dyd1 -> dyd2 -> tori1 -> tori2 -> dyd3 -> tori3 -> tori4 -> dyd4 -> tori5 -> tori6 -> dyd5 -> tori7 -> tori8 -> dyd6 -> dyd7 -> dyd8 -> dyd9 -> dyd10 -> tori9 -> tori10 -> tori11 -> dyd11 -> ddyd1 -> ddyd2 -> ddyd3 -> ddyd4 -> ddyd5 -> ddyd6 -> ddyd7 -> ddyd8 (latest)

ddyd9 coming out end December.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 13:41   Link #286
corgan

I have been following the anime and some spoilers here and there in the forum. With the recent few episodes, I have a few questions regarding the God-eyes.

As it has been mentioned in the series quite a number of times, AS bearer needs to go berserk before they can be crystallized. I can understand this much but what about bearers of other eyes?
Do they need to go berserk before they can be crystallized or do they even go berserk? But as shown, Lafra's Ebra Crypt eyes seem to have been stolen when he died/ before he goes berserk.
What about the Tiir's case? It seem to me the siblings are able to kill him but they are unable to crystallized his eyes. Or is it that they are letting him go so that he can lead them to more God-eye bearers?

Lastly, thanks for all the translations done at BT as well as filling in some dialogues&scenes that had been missed in the anime.
corgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 14:36   Link #287
LunarChain

oookay sooo..... baka-tsuki is back up however there isnt even 1 volume fully translated >_>..

is there any other translations online?

Last edited by LunarChain; 2010-11-21 at 20:57.
Old 2010-11-21, 18:15   Link #288
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Ok, I don't know what site you're checking, but at very least, bakat has 3 complete chapters by Lare unless downtime ate it or sth. And even then I just posted a chapter 1 page back.

And seriously, man, we have like... 3 translators for this giant series. Just...chill or learn Japanese ._.
Old 2010-11-21, 18:23   Link #289
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

question

is that any connection between hero relic, magic eye and legend of hero, demon and goddess
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 20:52   Link #290
LunarChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Ok, I don't know what site you're checking, but at very least, bakat has 3 complete chapters by Lare unless downtime ate it or sth. And even then I just posted a chapter 1 page back.

And seriously, man, we have like... 3 translators for this giant series. Just...chill or learn Japanese ._.
sorry, didnt mean to look stingy, just thought the series have been largely translated, anyways ill check BT again, to see if theres any chapters like u said.

edit: ops, what i meant in my previous post was that wasnt 1 volume fully translated, not a chapter. my bad ;p, i just edited it.
Old 2010-11-22, 01:27   Link #291
larethian

Quote:
sorry, didnt mean to look stingy, just thought the series have been largely translated, anyways ill check BT again, to see if theres any chapters like u said.

edit: ops, what i meant in my previous post was that wasnt 1 volume fully translated, not a chapter. my bad ;p, i just edited it.
if I'm translating full-time, I could do 50 pages in 10-14 hours, that would be like 1 volume per week assuming I do this 7 days a week (350 pages). and that's considered a decent speed by baka-tsuki standards. and that's partly because I can't think equally well in 2 languages at the same time, and without an editor, I have to first do a more literal translation, and then run over it in another pass to paraphrase and smoothen it as much as my ability allows. though Def could probably do it twice as fast . but the news is I can only spend a few hours each week, unless I'm on vacation and not going out of town. moreover I started the project in september only, and this month, and into the first part of december, I can hardly translate anything, too much stuff to clear, and accounts to tidy up towards the year end. of course on and off, when I get sick of translating denyuuden, I'll pop in to Fortune Arterial's project to do some proof-reading as a break, since I love that VN so much.

so be thankful to Defade and Used Can for their willingness to contribute. I hope to attract more translators and editors, or this whole thing will take years
Old 2010-11-22, 03:39   Link #292
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Hey lare, I'm really dumb with this whole wiki thing, but how do you upload pics? ._. I have illustrations for toriaezu and kuro, and I'd like to dump them on the wiki unless you're already in the process of doing so.

And I see you've updated the project guideline - awesome! Also, I've just realized how much I fail at reading orz. Lucile's real name was rerukusu, but somehow I completely ignored the 'ru' part. Fail, self. I'm somewhat iffy on writing ryuutoru as Rutelu....perhaps Riutoll/Liutoll? Also, Ryner's title in english is probably "Greatest Magician in Roland", since Kagami used it once as a title for a short story.(sans the Roland part)

Also, pet peeve of mine - I always like to differentiate between sabishii and sabishigari, although I understand that 'demon who fears loneliness' is quite a mouthful. Why can't english be like chinese, where all I have to do is say 怕寂寞? lol
Old 2010-11-22, 05:23   Link #293
larethian

to upload, there is a upload file link at the bottom left. you can check some of the novel illustration pages to follow the naming conventions of the file. I have the raws as well, just too busy. thanks in advance!

ok, I missed out Relx as well lol, and I just copied the kana from the japanese wiki. yeah you are right about Ryner's title, for some reason, I process it as 最強 in my mind rather than 最高. Oh, for Lutelu, why I chose Lutelu, is because of Funi use Lute for リュート, and リュートル has just one more kana? But it doesn't really matter to me, since there is no official trans for リュートル yet. 好きにしてもいいよ.

I didn't know that 寂しがり specifically means "fear loneliness". How does that work out in Japanese? Is gari some kind of modifier, with い dropped? If it's so, either I was taking 昼寝 in class, like a certain someone, or I have not yet learned it D:. The only thing I can find in my dict is 寂しがり屋. Thanks for your education.

关于这点,我同意您的看法!^__^

oh yes, can you use the talk page for this discussion? So that we have a history on what has gone by. Thanks
Old 2010-11-22, 05:48   Link #294
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
if I'm translating full-time, I could do 50 pages in 10-14 hours
What the hell !
That take so much time ! O_o
I never thought about that ... Anyways, if you translate like 50 pages by a week, i will already be pleased. I don't think rushing translation is good.
Thanks for you hard work.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 06:46   Link #295
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
yeah you are right about Ryner's title, for some reason, I process it as 最強 in my mind rather than 最高.
lol I did the exact same thing at first!XD Then I started putting up the toriaezu titles and my mind just went..."Did I just get out-englished by Kagami?"

I just found a funny 'like father, like son' moment in the short story Greatest Magician. In Kuro vol5, Liura scared Eris off by drawing a super extravagant magic circle and telling Eris that he'll be destroyed by it- except Liura was obviously bluffing(even admits it himself). In the short story, Ryner made a trickster piss his pants using the exact same technique - drawing a really complicated-looking magic circle and using a threatening voice. The actual magic was something he just made up 10 mins ago and totally useless(a small cloud).XD But the trickster got so scared he knocked himself out before the cloud reached him.

Also, I've put some suggestions for the blank names in <!--> tags. Check it out and tell me if they sound alright/ridiculous. 'r's are always the hard choices. ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
question

is that any connection between hero relic, magic eye and legend of hero, demon and goddess
According to the Goddess of Reincarnation, the hero was created to kill the goddesses who have gone mad, but because the hero has gone made as well, "humans" were created to kill him. And now humans are going mad as well. lol

Ryner Eris Reed is practically defined by how he doesn't have anything to do with...anything. The creators of the universe don't remember ever creating him, and they piss their pants at the prospect of not being able to comprehend something. Whatever plans the priests had for the world, Ryner Eris Reed sure wasn't included in it.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-22 at 08:32.
Old 2010-11-22, 10:00   Link #296
LunarChain

Quote:
if I'm translating full-time, I could do 50 pages in 10-14 hours, that would be like 1 volume per week assuming I do this 7 days a week (350 pages). and that's considered a decent speed by baka-tsuki standards. and that's partly because I can't think equally well in 2 languages at the same time, and without an editor, I have to first do a more literal translation, and then run over it in another pass to paraphrase and smoothen it as much as my ability allows. though Def could probably do it twice as fast . but the news is I can only spend a few hours each week, unless I'm on vacation and not going out of town. moreover I started the project in september only, and this month, and into the first part of december, I can hardly translate anything, too much stuff to clear, and accounts to tidy up towards the year end. of course on and off, when I get sick of translating denyuuden, I'll pop in to Fortune Arterial's project to do some proof-reading as a break, since I love that VN so much.

so be thankful to Defade and Used Can for their willingness to contribute. I hope to attract more translators and editors, or this whole thing will take years

umm .. i see. thnx for ur hard work guys, well anyways i just thought since series has been published since 2006 (the main story that is) it would be largely translated.
Old 2010-11-22, 10:37   Link #297
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
What the hell !
That take so much time ! O_o
I never thought about that ... Anyways, if you translate like 50 pages by a week, i will already be pleased. I don't think rushing translation is good.
Thanks for you hard work.
Quote:
umm .. i see. thnx for ur hard work guys, well anyways i just thought since series has been published since 2006 (the main story that is) it would be largely translated.
I may be exaggerating a bit. But I'm somewhat weak in long sentences and fixed expressions, so I gave some allowance lol. All these translators, be it on Baka-Tsuki, TLWiki, or fansubs are volunteers. There is absolutely no correlation between published date and translated works. There are tons of projects suggested on B-T but never got started because there are no translators to pick up the project. Translators translate voluntarily largely because they like an unlicensed piece of work to a large degree and wants to share it with the Japanese-illiterate. So your 'correlation' logic is badly flawed. And guess what, I actually only imported this series after watching the first episode of the anime and then reading the Japanese wiki, which arouse my strong curiosity. Of course, being a fantasy-fanatic helps a lot.

@デファデちゃん, I'll take a look later. Need to get a dose of fairy tail for now.^__^ I read your Kuro V5 C3. It was an awesome read! And a good complement to DYD V6 prologue with Lucile's perspective. You are really fast and have you done a lot of Jap->Eng exercises before? I mean being proficient in both languages is one thing, but converting one to another quickly and accurately probably need some practice?. Or maybe it's just moi. I need to learn Estabul haste magic first before I can even come close to your speed. And seems like you are picking up wiki-magic fast fufufu. Seems like I have nothing left to 'teach' you.

我、契約文を捧げ、大地に眠る悪意の精獣を宿す!!!

Last edited by larethian; 2010-11-22 at 10:55.
Old 2010-11-22, 14:59   Link #298
jbowman0

skill set wise how does ryner (SAOE) stand against mad hero? any relationship spoilers to explain how mad hero and lonely demon met and what happened between them. also what is the skill set of the other half of the lonely demon who isnt apart of ryner?
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 19:10   Link #299
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
@デファデちゃん, I'll take a look later. Need to get a dose of fairy tail for now.^__^ I read your Kuro V5 C3. It was an awesome read! And a good complement to DYD V6 prologue with Lucile's perspective. You are really fast and have you done a lot of Jap->Eng exercises before? I mean being proficient in both languages is one thing, but converting one to another quickly and accurately probably need some practice?. Or maybe it's just moi. I need to learn Estabul haste magic first before I can even come close to your speed. And seems like you are picking up wiki-magic fast fufufu. Seems like I have nothing left to 'teach' you.

我、契約文を捧げ、大地に眠る悪意の精獣を宿す!!!
I've been doing daily translations for about 3-4 years now, so these things do build up with time. Plus DYD had relatively easier sentences compared to the project I just came out of.

I copied all your wiki magic with my Alpha Stigma, ufufu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
skill set wise how does ryner (SAOE) stand against mad hero? any relationship spoilers to explain how mad hero and lonely demon met and what happened between them. also what is the skill set of the other half of the lonely demon who isnt apart of ryner?
The hero is the same as anyone against a fully powered SOAE. "Existence analyzed. Commencing termination." kaboom

To give you a rough idea, Asruld Roland needs to conquer half of the continent before he can match up with the Goddesses' power. SOAE eats them for breakfast. Unless you're lucky like Remles and managed to sneak a curse upon Ryner that 'clouds his eyes', then you're fodder to him(assuming that he does sacrifice the soul of a beloved, of course). However, it's a different matter if Ryner only uses his analysis skills and not his destructiveness. Ryner can easily wipe the floor with Sion(even when the king is at his prime) in DYD, but who knows how much power he gained from conquering all those nations and creating Human Alphas.

We don't know the exact powers of the Weaver of All Equations yet, but I'm assuming that it has something to do with creation to complement SOAE's absolute destruction powers.

Prologue I & II of Daiyuuden vol6 is up. LOOK AT ENE TALK DOWN CTHULHU. I think she's a badass, myself, considering that she wasn't even fazed when Liura grabbed her and went "OH GOSH WHO CONTROLLED ME TELL ME GIRL OR ELSE".

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-22 at 20:08.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:21   Link #300
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I've been doing daily translations for about 3-4 years now, so these things do build up with time. Plus DYD had relatively easier sentences compared to the project I just came out of.

I copied all your wiki magic with my Alpha Stigma, ufufu.
that explains a lot, but daily? you're a pro? let me think of a fancy title for you, hmm, how about 速手デファデ? xD. I've already given my input on the names, please refer to the talk page as well. I'll leave you to the finalizations on what's going to be used. and there's someone who volunteered to be an editor. next volume I'll test it out and go for a speedier more literal translation and let him smoothen it and see how it works out.

Tags
fantasy, shounen