AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 16:15   Link #28861
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Speaking of Blood That Flows...

New

Shine Parts 1-20

Shine Part 21

Shine Part 22

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 23:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 16:27   Link #28862
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
What do you think about a "Signum VS Shana" crossover fight? those two share a lot in common.
I am fairly sure I could enjoy a fight like that one, Nietono no Shana VS Levantein eh? sounds interesting for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

New

Shine Parts 1-20

Shine Part 21

Shine Part 22

That was pretty cool, Zest's new armour mode certainly makes for an eccelent defence doesn't it? Although the uniform gray colour might be just a trifle boring, I wonder if he could spray paint it.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 16:46   Link #28863
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I am fairly sure I could enjoy a fight like that one, Nietono no Shana VS Levantein eh? sounds interesting for sure.
Specially because both are prideful, flaming, swordswomen who takes their job pretty seriously. Also both wear a stoic facade(the only difference is that Shana is a Tsundere while Signum is a Kuudere xD).

Of course the fic must be placed bafore Shana's power up. Having the raw power to kill physical gods seems to be a pretty unfair advantage xDU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
That was pretty cool, Zest's new armour mode certainly makes for an eccelent defence doesn't it? Although the uniform gray colour might be just a trifle boring, I wonder if he could spray paint it.
He can but the paint will probably fall out of the armour when he unleashes his true power. An interesting chapter, wonder is you take account of Zest's amazing "instant aproach strike"(i don't know the official name) move, you know, the one he uses to take down Vita cracking Graf Eisen in the process. I think it can be a pretty useful option against speedsters.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 16:48   Link #28864
vic-vic

Quote:

New

Shine Parts 1-20

Shine Part 21

Shine Part 22

Ah, I sol ove when experienced veteran put arrogant magical girl in her place. Long Live Zest!!
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 16:57   Link #28865
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:

New

Shine Parts 1-20

Shine Part 21

Shine Part 22

somethings tells me that the blitz's blast armor have something to do with this or Dolphin decided to visit Fate in her dreams(assuming the Mazuko can actually do that...) or she just experience what Nanoha's feeling during their final duel at season 1 of Blood that flows and succumbs to it....
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 17:16   Link #28866
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, my fic spawned brutal abortion topics and fighting pregnant women.

I'll have to put out disturbing fics more often!

And no, I'm not making a larger story out of it. Hell no. I got enough on my plate without trying to think of a story to make around that.

Absolutely no.

maybe

No.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 17:18   Link #28867
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

The more disturbing something is the more we have to talk about, and you don't get much worse than that.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 18:17   Link #28868
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Well, Raiser, lemme make you feel better.

Without any permission, this is a follow-up to what you wrote a few days ago with the Lindy/Yuuno thing.

Spoiler for Kids found out:
Heh, I feel just fine so cheering me up isn't necessary, but good job with this regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
It´s called apathy. It happpens, because unlike the other guys here, you have your own rythm and your own circumstances and you are trying to compare to the others that is a no no.
Well, when my rythm causes me to be horribly unproductive even in important areas like school work, something needs to change. Everyone else's rythm is clearly much better, though I'm not at the point where I'm trying to copy them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Don´t write for thost two people, write because you want to. Screw them (no offense there). You are writing because you like it not because the others read it, remember that. And don´t force yourself, things done by obligation end being of a inferior quality than done because you want to.
This is a real sticking point for me, cuz I've been socialized and experience tells me that other people are always more important, that I should only do things for others rather than myself. While I have had people tell me that I need to look out for myself more, whenever I followed their advice they'd blow up on me and call me a selfish bastard or whatever. There's no happy medium =/

Though I've never really followed that exactly. If I did, then I'd only write NanoFate because that's what 'everyone' wants to see. So I'm not a total doormat. But it's still a multi faceted thing. I write because I want to entertain people but I also do it because I like it and I like getting praise.

Any forcing I've done is only at the start of a session. Often I will want to write. I've been playing out scenes in my head all day and I tell myself "Okay, when I get home I'll write this all out" but when I actually sit infront of my computer lethargy takes over and it's like my body has no energy for the task. My mind wanders and I go "Okay, after I do these things I'll get to writing!" But then those things in question extend to hours and in the end I get nothing going. The off chance I do get going, I'll typically get it all out in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Short drabble... perhaps a bit disturbing, so prepare yourself. Sometimes I'm a bit disturbed myself, to see where my mind goes...

Short takes place aboard the Huck's ship during the scuffle....

Spoiler for Thank You, Ma'am:

And now you will never look at things the same way again!
Oh look, I just found the video of the delivery
Old 2011-01-26, 18:56   Link #28869
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Everyone? Your audience seems a bit more close to you than that. Do you write for people you know or people you don't know? I think its the latter that gets people saying write what you like, what you know, etc.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 19:01   Link #28870
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, those at least (I say at least because there's probably more) 2 people I mentioned are those I know, which makes me feel more guilty that I'm making them wait so long But at the same time I don't want to rush it and put out an inferior product so... Kind of a lose-lose situation here =/
Old 2011-01-26, 19:04   Link #28871
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably my opinion doesen't matter much to you because of our differences in some threads and topics but i like your work Raiser, your narrating style is very good and your stories are catchy for the most part, also i like how you ventured to make stories about characters and pairings people don't usually accept and make them look plausible in your fics. I don't know you that much but probably part of why your fics seems to be so easy to read and understand is because you like what you're writing.

This is fanfiction, not an editorial company with bosses judging your work so i hope you don't take things too seriously(i know, it's sounds nearly hipocritical hearing that from me xDU), if you like the praise i think that is good too, giving the fanbase some candy to make them happy from time to time but don't let you being consumed by them. Like i frequently say on my reviews as "Li Daisuke" on ff.net: keep the good work.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 19:17   Link #28872
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Probably my opinion doesen't matter much to you because of our differences in some threads and topics but i like your work Raiser, your narrating style is very good and your stories are catchy for the most part, also i like how you ventured to make stories about characters and pairings people don't usually accept and make them look plausible in your fics. I don't know you that much but probably part of why your fics seems to be so easy to read and understand is because you like what you're writing.

This is fanfiction, not an editorial company with bosses judging your work so i hope you don't take things too seriously(i know, it's sounds nearly hipocritical hearing that from me xDU), if you like the praise i think that is good too, giving the fanbase some candy to make them happy from time to time but don't let you being consumed by them. Like i frequently say on my reviews as "Li Daisuke" on ff.net: keep the good work.
Akiyoshi, you're a lovable scamp. It doesn't matter if we don't see eye to eye on everything, I'd still listen to your input. The only people I don't listen to are the "You're such a troll, this pairing sucks!" people. Thanks for the comments.

Though I'm not doubting the quality of my work, I'm just struggling with not being able to get anything done.
Old 2011-01-26, 20:40   Link #28873
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Though I'm not doubting the quality of my work, I'm just struggling with not being able to get anything done.
If it helps any, you're not the only one who has issues getting work done.
Old 2011-01-26, 23:57   Link #28874
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Thanks. Well, I hope those looking forward my stuff can bear with me. I'll try not to take so long that you forget previous events and lose interest
Old 2011-01-27, 00:51   Link #28875
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
http://www.reddit.com/r/writing/ anyone use this? Seems there might be something useful there

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:59   Link #28876
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
Don't know if this is the correct place to be putting this (I don't think it would fit in the Character Creation thread), but I've recommenced work on the concept of a story I originally thought of back in 2007. This was called "The Bureau" and it involved a post-StrikerS look at the workings of TSAB and what I want to post here is just an overview of a sister-city to Cranagan that I plan on using as one of the settings.

While I never actually released details of the story itself, I submitted a principal character to the Character Creation and Discussion Thread. You can see that here: Setsuya "Soul Assassin" Amemiya. Since the thread is locked and I've made changes since then, I'll update that when I get the chance.

Basically the main avenue I want to chronicle is the anti-Hayate (and company) sentiments that some members of TSAB hold and the products of such feelings. The character Amemiya holds a grudge himself and while I don't want him to be the "main character" per se (I want to showcase the canon characters), his internal conflicts will be important.

Anyway... TL;DR - Locale #1 Terrace Horizon Metropolis (Terraza Horizonte)

Spoiler for Principal Locations in The Bureau:

Tell me what you think, I'm still considering the general framework of The Bureau, but I will likely start off with an offworld investigation headed by Fate and/or Teana with Amemiya.

Okay, do you have a clear idea where you're going with this? I've seen all too many fics that start off promising but die halfway because the author has no idea where to go.

First things first: How is Amemiya's attitude going to colour his interactions with the others? Does his disdain for Hayate and the Wolkies tar everyone else with the same brush?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 01:59   Link #28877
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Short drabble... perhaps a bit disturbing, so prepare yourself. Sometimes I'm a bit disturbed myself, to see where my mind goes...

Short takes place aboard the Huck's ship during the scuffle....

Spoiler for Thank You, Ma'am:

And now you will never look at things the same way again!
when I read this yesterday, I was...merely a bit disturbed. After the recent event at Force however, I........laughed? What's wrong with me?

Mwahahahahahahahahahah-oh shit *runs away from the remaining Worfenritters*

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-01-27 at 02:14.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:17   Link #28878
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm still considering Amemiya's general attitude towards the main cast. Initially his beef was supposed to be concentrated on Hayate and the Wolkenritter, but I've thought of changing it so his attitude is "everyone associated with the Book of Darkness is tainted."
What I'm clear on is that Amemiya would jump at the chance to discredit/harm Hayate whether via an internal investigation or punishing her circle of criminals (Wolkenritter). He may even be driven to remove her from this world (not like he could succeed).

Right now I don't have an overall plan and that has plagued most of my earlier works. I plan perhaps 5 rather short chapters and then write myself into a corner or lose my vision.

For now I'm (very slowly) working on the 3 OCs that will appear and developing Terrace Horizon. Then I'll map out the plot points with more detail. Any suggestions/help would be welcome.

I also need to consider whether or not I want to observe the happenings in the post-StrikerS canon, such as Force and ViVid, or break away from that. I think incorporating aspects of the "Battle of the Aces" PSP game would work, mainly the Material-D/L/S, this would give TSAB brass an avenue to persecute Hayate and friends.

Thanks for the feedback WarpObscura.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2011-01-27 at 02:27.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:51   Link #28879
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Well, you might want to develop on how his hatred of Hayate and the knights developed into a general hatred of everyone involved. Most people don't wake up one day and abruptly declare a new hatred for things. It poses some interesting questions, like how the Bureau in general and characters in particular look on attempted fratricide. There aren't enough writers, nevermind good ones, who dare to take on the perspective of contrarian characters, ones who don't like the way the "canoners" operate. The only one I can really think of is Smiling Ivan's Black Boots.

You should have a clear goal. "Begin with the end in mind" as the Effective Habit has it. I'm not much good with suggesting what that goal should be, though. I have my own difficulties in setting out goals, which is why I have those effectively dead fics lying around and have been doing mostly snippets and drabs.

Call me "Warp".

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 03:18   Link #28880
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Cheesy, but after recent events I need to vent it up...

Spoiler for A Knight's Duty:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha