AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-26, 05:03   Link #2841
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
"The reason why the gate must be closed is because it generates instability to the two universes also their potential destruction."
And this is why I didn't like parallel universe idea at all. Another planet would make much more sense, and instability could be easily explained by gravitational force that keeps the GATE opened.

But this minor GATE somehow creates so much instability that is threatening to destroy entire universe? This is so stupid I lost my words.

Universe is BIG, so big that it actually had forces and powers that are much more powerful than GATE exploding, expanding and acting daily. At worst GATE force can only destroy said planets, but entire universe?

I can see that science was not the original authors strongest side. Aldo he covered quite well Rome history, military stuff and standard Japanese RPG elements. But everything else is just under the question - especially politics and science.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 05:30   Link #2842
kizrock94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
From what I know reading ahoge's reviews:

Spoiler for Plot:

Note: anime covered books 1 - 3. With the 3'rd book fluff not folly covered. There are still 4 and 5 until main story ends and Gaiden books start.
Wait, does that mean the novel series is not ending yet?
kizrock94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 05:59   Link #2843
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
And this is why I didn't like parallel universe idea at all. Another planet would make much more sense, and instability could be easily explained by gravitational force that keeps the GATE opened.

But this minor GATE somehow creates so much instability that is threatening to destroy entire universe? This is so stupid I lost my words.

Universe is BIG, so big that it actually had forces and powers that are much more powerful than GATE exploding, expanding and acting daily. At worst GATE force can only destroy said planets, but entire universe?

I can see that science was not the original authors strongest side. Aldo he covered quite well Rome history, military stuff and standard Japanese RPG elements. But everything else is just under the question - especially politics and science.

No... Just...no. I'm not killing any catgirls today.
Old 2016-03-26, 06:23   Link #2844
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

From what i`ve read i have 3 questions
Spoiler for First One:

Spoiler for Second one:

Spoiler for Third One:
Old 2016-03-26, 06:24   Link #2845
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

It's because opening the gate involves far bigger cosmic power than you are imagining.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-26, 07:57   Link #2846
Brother Coa
Banned

Thanks for explaining that aohige. Now I understand it better.

but still...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

But yeah, this is fantasy/sci-fi anime after all and I am again thinking too much.
With this "parallel universe" thing I have issues but the rest of the show is glorious.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 08:23   Link #2847
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good news.

You can now pre-order Volume 1 and 2 of the Gate manga from Sekai Project.

Bad news?

It's only available for North American customers.
Old 2016-03-26, 10:40   Link #2848
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Good news.

You can now pre-order Volume 1 and 2 of the Gate manga from Sekai Project.

Bad news?

I guess I know where $25 of my money will be going!
Old 2016-03-26, 10:58   Link #2849
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Bad news?

There are a number of ways to get around that, that most fans of American media outside the US are probably already familiar with.
Old 2016-03-26, 11:08   Link #2850
bakato

Quote:

There's nothing small about a portal between two totalities. Clearly you've never watched Fringe.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 12:55   Link #2851
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
It's only available for North American customers
Thailand language version is already available, official French and Italian version which I assume would just be translation of the English version will follow soon after.
Old 2016-03-26, 13:33   Link #2852
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Thailand language version is already available, official French and Italian version which I assume would just be translation of the English version will follow soon after.
there are actualy plans for an italian version? o.O
Old 2016-03-26, 17:55   Link #2853
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Thanks for explaining that aohige. Now I understand it better.

but still...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

But yeah, this is fantasy/sci-fi anime after all and I am again thinking too much.
With this "parallel universe" thing I have issues but the rest of the show is glorious.
The size of the gate is irrelevant, the dimensions of a contact point of two spheres is entirely dependent on how perfect the spheres are.

When you strike an eight-ball with a cue ball, the actual contact surface is tiny, but the entire inertia and kinetic energy is successfully transferred to the other ball.
Old 2016-03-26, 17:56   Link #2854
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's because opening the gate involves far bigger cosmic power than you are imagining.
Spoiler:
You know you read too much Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion stories when that explanation made sense to you and have you nodding with a smile.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 20:58   Link #2855
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
there are actualy plans for an italian version? o.O
signed contract and done deal. for French it was listed in wiki as coming on 05/27/16 from Ototo, there is no Italian wiki update, so maybe our European members here can look up the publisher and date information on that?
Old 2016-03-26, 22:24   Link #2856
DragonXX

I think a better way the arthor could of explain why the Gate can't be open for long period of time, would be the forces of the two different Universe are pulling each other together do to the Gate connecting between the universes which would lead to the two universe collapsing into each other which would lead to creativing a new Big Bang and new universe which there are some theory in real life, that our universe was creative from event like that.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 01:05   Link #2857
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

part 3 of book 4 summary

part 1: https://forums.animesuki.com/showpos...postcount=2654
part 2: https://forums.animesuki.com/showpos...postcount=2767
Spoiler:

EDIT: oh and also, the analogy to comparing contact points of worlds to spheres and therefore explaining why there can't be more than one gate between two worlds wasn't in Hardy's explanation. It may come from scientists or Lelei later on, I just don't remember where I got it from.

Last edited by aohige; 2016-03-27 at 02:06.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 02:13   Link #2858
endarion88

Quote:
signed contract and done deal. for French it was listed in wiki as coming on 05/27/16 from Ototo, there is no Italian wiki update, so maybe our European members here can look up the publisher and date information on that?
good to know, will check if the italian localization is any decent once it's out, in case it will save me from import
Old 2016-03-27, 05:08   Link #2859
francescoG1

Quote:
there is no Italian wiki update, so maybe our European members here can look up the publisher and date information on that?
There is no announcement of any Italian publisher .
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 13:57   Link #2860
xShARkx

I've updated the pdf with part 3.

So here we have the summaries of novel book 4(light novel volumes\books 7 and 8) - Arc Full Assault\All-out Attack

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...EQyUUl2YmJNcUE

And here we have the summaries of Novel book 3(Light novel volumes\books 5 and 6) - Arc Upheaval

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...G56RWVmRW9ybkk

/\ I'm posting again the pdf of the summaries done by aohige of novel book 3, because since the anime has ended a lot of ppl came to this topic, so now they can easily read the summaries without having to look for them is this topic

Last edited by xShARkx; 2016-03-28 at 08:30.
xShARkx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction