AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-03-18, 14:24   Link #261
S.Freedom

Oh, why did I think they represented strength than.....

If it represents rank, than what would Irina's rank be now that she has four wings?
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 15:05   Link #262
Direwolf18

Slightly less lower angel?

There is a correlation to strength of course. The fact that she got stronger led to a rank up. But the fact that only when her promotion became official that they started appearing Is telling.

Now the question is about fallen angels and why Akeno has 3 sets of wing, do they do the same ranking system.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 15:24   Link #263
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Slightly less lower angel?

There is a correlation to strength of course. The fact that she got stronger led to a rank up. But the fact that only when her promotion became official that they started appearing Is telling.

Now the question is about fallen angels and why Akeno has 3 sets of wing, do they do the same ranking system.
very likely no but nothing has been confirmed. Plus Akeno probably doesnt care half as much about being a fallen angel as Irina does being an angel.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 15:38   Link #264
S.Freedom

Quote:
But the fact that only when her promotion became official that they started appearing Is telling.
Maybe it's like Karate, Judo, and the like. While someone may have the "skill" to be a black belt, until said individual takes the appropriate tests they remain at a lower ranked belt.
Old 2015-03-18, 15:54   Link #265
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Maybe it's like Karate, Judo, and the like. While someone may have the "skill" to be a black belt, until said individual takes the appropriate tests they remain at a lower ranked belt.
Kinda like Ise and Kiba.
Old 2015-03-18, 17:56   Link #266
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Self-proclaimed Slightly less lower angel?
Fixed it for you.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 00:44   Link #267
S.Freedom

@Biohazardous That's not really a fair comparison.

Where Issie/Kiba/Akeno are concerned. While they have the skill/power to be high-class devils, they don't have the maturity/experience to deal with the social implications that go with being a high-class devil.

With karate or judo, that really isn't the case. As a 13 year old could theoretically hold a black belt in karate yet not have to deal with the complications of high society like a high-class devil such as Rias, Ravel or Sona.
Old 2015-03-19, 07:56   Link #268
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
With karate or judo, that really isn't the case. As a 13 year old could theoretically hold a black belt in karate yet not have to deal with the complications of high society like a high-class devil such as Rias, Ravel or Sona.
What he's trying to say is whether you're the most powerful Devil, you will still be a low-class Devil unless you get promoted.

The same with the sports mentioned, you can be already a black-belt caliber, but unless you get promoted, you won't be recognized as such.
Old 2015-03-19, 09:00   Link #269
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
What he's trying to say is whether you're the most powerful Devil, you will still be a low-class Devil unless you get promoted.

The same with the sports mentioned, you can be already a black-belt caliber, but unless you get promoted, you won't be recognized as such.
Thank you Jop that's the point I was trying to make. I also don't think anyone will ever consider Ise having the proper maturity for high class much less ultimate class devil. Yet he will at some point get those roles. Kiba I'm sure he can meet the requirements in maturity though. Ise will be the main one to change how the elders and others view things.
Old 2015-03-19, 09:10   Link #270
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
Thank you Jop that's the point I was trying to make. I also don't think anyone will ever consider Ise having the proper maturity for high class much less ultimate class devil. Yet he will at some point get those roles. Kiba I'm sure he can meet the requirements in maturity though. Ise will be the main one to change how the elders and others view things.
I doubt that, Ise has become really mature the past 2 volumes. Yes, the past 2 untranslated and half-untranslated volumes.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:29   Link #271
S.Freedom

Eh it's something of an apples and oranges thing in my view.

Because there are other factors that go into a promotion to high/ultimate-class devil than skill/power that really aren't there for a higher ranked belt in martial arts.

But since we really don't know what it takes to get a promotion in the angel's system, we're just speculating based on other similar systems.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:43   Link #272
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
I doubt that, Ise has become really mature the past 2 volumes. Yes, the past 2 untranslated and half-untranslated volumes.
Maturing yes though I doubt he would be a "proper" high-class or ultimate-class devil.
Old 2015-03-19, 17:22   Link #273
n0m@n
C-Z

Ishibumi officially took a break from writting DxD for sometime to recover from his loss and for his health.
This month's DM has a short-story apparently, but Im guessing he won't be writing short stories for a while (and also SLASH DOG).
The only confirmed volume to be released this year so far is the DX2 which is planned to be released on December. Since there are many short stories which has yet to be compiled into a volume, he should use this ocassion to take a break from writing to recover.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 19:19   Link #274
Tbolt

Thanks for the update n0m@n.
Old 2015-03-19, 19:40   Link #275
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Ishibumi officially took a break from writting DxD for sometime to recover from his loss and for his health.
This month's DM has a short-story apparently, but Im guessing he won't be writing short stories for a while (and also SLASH DOG).
The only confirmed volume to be released this year so far is the DX2 which is planned to be released on December. Since there are many short stories which has yet to be compiled into a volume, he should use this ocassion to take a break from writing to recover.
Poor guy Ive lost a few people too so I know how he must feel I wish him the best of luck and hopes he gets better.
Old 2015-03-20, 02:32   Link #276
WingsoftheDragonix

Can't blame him.

He need to worry of his health first and foremost, the fans can wait.

Anyway, thanks for the update n0m@n.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 08:02   Link #277
Biohazardous

Thank you n0m for the update. I hope he will be ok and wish him well. Does he have any other family left to help him through or just friends and fans?
Old 2015-03-20, 12:23   Link #278
Weather
Wonder Wind

Thans n0m for the info.

My condolences and best Wishes to Ishibumi, hope he gets better.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 13:14   Link #279
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Fixed it for you.
I stand corrected.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 13:36   Link #280
schedmaster

Seems quiet in this High School DxD sub-forum. Are we just playing the waiting game now?
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote