AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 05:55   Link #261
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
wow. was looking at the mahouka wiki page for Tatsuya's relationships and there is a poll there asking who we think Tatsuya should end up with and Mayumi is massacring it with 3x as many votes as 2nd place Miyuki. lol. exactly as it should be.
She also currently leading the poll in my country's forum and other forums ,imagine if author-sama gives her more screen time..........
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 06:00   Link #262
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
She also currently leading the poll in my country's forum and other forums ,imagine if author-sama gives her more screen time..........
So, Miyuki is the most popular only in Japan? She is leading in every single poll I see .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 15:22   Link #263
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'm surprised that clan heirs like Maskai and Juumonji didn't detect it. Although Tatsuya has elemental sight while Mayumi had multi scope so I guess it has more to do with Tatsuya and Mayumi just having the right skill set.
Now that I think about it Mari said that her Multi Scope is not passive, so she either activated while she was celebrating with everyone in the ceremony(unlikely) or she detected the magic and activated it when Kudou used his magic . It means that Kudou is still a fearful magician.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-14 at 16:10. Reason: Removed reference to deleted posts....
Old 2014-08-14, 20:42   Link #264
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
So, Miyuki is the most popular only in Japan? She is leading in every single poll I see .
It seems to me that those fans from outside of japan are more fond of Mayumi than her ,you can clearly see so much hate comment about her
Old 2014-08-14, 22:44   Link #265
cyberdemon

Quote:
It seems to me that those fans from outside of japan are more fond of Mayumi than her ,you can clearly see so much hate comment about her
how does Japan view Mayumi?
Old 2014-08-14, 22:58   Link #266
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
how does Japan view Mayumi?
I can't speak japanese, so i don't know how they view Mayumi .
But she does get the most doujinshi after miyuki, so it's safe to say that she also quite popular
Old 2014-08-15, 05:25   Link #267
Echizen777

Quote:
I was talking about Mayumi when I said she was leading. Miyuki is the most popular female character only in Japan from what I see. Mayumi is the most popular in all the polls I see.
Old 2014-08-15, 05:44   Link #268
somerand

Quote:
I was talking about Mayumi when I said she was leading. Miyuki is the most popular female character only in Japan from what I see. Mayumi is the most popular in all the polls I see.
Poll's outside of Japan are irrelevant though. Although I don't really have any statistics/facts to back this up it's fairly obvious 80% + of the fan base comes from within Japan. Any Japanese polls likely represents the majority of Mahouka fans world wide.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 06:00   Link #269
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Poll's outside of Japan are irrelevant though. Although I don't really have any statistics/facts to back this up it's fairly obvious 80% + of the fan base comes from within Japan. Any Japanese polls likely represents the majority of Mahouka fans world wide.
I never said she was the most popular but that she seems to be the most popular outside of Japan. I find it quite harsh to say that they are irrelevant though, isn't it like saying we are irrelevant as well? Mahouka is a popular LN is China for example and I am sure the fanbase is much bigger than for the US readers, a lot of people watch anime and read manga or LNs outside of Japan and can start reading it just by going on a website. The fanbase outside of Japan should not be underestimated.
Old 2014-08-15, 06:43   Link #270
BalorView

Quote:
Yeah, i don't mistook it, i just said about those international fans and things
Old 2014-08-15, 07:17   Link #271
somerand

Quote:
I never said she was the most popular but that she seems to be the most popular outside of Japan. I find it quite harsh to say that they are irrelevant though, isn't it like saying we are irrelevant as well? Mahouka is a popular LN is China for example and I am sure the fanbase is much bigger than for the US readers, a lot of people watch anime and read manga or LNs outside of Japan and can start reading it just by going on a website. The fanbase outside of Japan should not be underestimated.
While I agree mostly, the main point I was trying to make is we don't contribute anything to the author in terms of purchasing the light novels by reading online. Most of the "Relevant" People for the author and publishing companies are the people inside Japan that actually buy the light novels and merchandise.

If we look at it from the point of view of sales, then at the very least the US is pretty much irrelevant. The author also likely doesn't have any interaction with western audience fans. When I said Irrelevant I more meant from the point of view of the author. People like us that read it all online from free in other countries don't really contribute anything in sales or feedback that the author would see.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 07:58   Link #272
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
While I agree mostly, the main point I was trying to make is we don't contribute anything to the author in terms of purchasing the light novels by reading online. Most of the "Relevant" People for the author and publishing companies are the people inside Japan that actually buy the light novels and merchandise.

If we look at it from the point of view of sales, then at the very least the US is pretty much irrelevant. The author also likely doesn't have any interaction with western audience fans. When I said Irrelevant I more meant from the point of view of the author. People like us that read it all online from free in other countries don't really contribute anything in sales or feedback that the author would see.
But Mayumi's popularity has nothing to do with the Author's POV. Idk if there was a popularity poll in Japan but I doubt many Japanese or even one of them made a choice when I look at polls made by the western fans, she is always first on these polls. That's why I was saying that she is likely the most popular outside of Japan, wether the author is aware of this or not it doesn't change this.
Old 2014-08-16, 18:00   Link #273
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

DAT MAYUMI SCENE at the beginning of Episode 20.

They actually put it in XD
Tohyama Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 04:11   Link #274
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama Reki View Post
DAT MAYUMI SCENE at the beginning of Episode 20.

They actually put it in XD
I was convinced they would as skipped it before seeing the preview pics. It should have been like that since the beginning.
Old 2014-08-26, 08:36   Link #275
SoulEat3r

We get a PV for Mayumi's date scene [Amusement Park date]

I say that reverse teased tho~!

Base on the PV I guess Erika has the most feel; but I guess we have to wait for that ferris wheel scene.
SoulEat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 11:49   Link #276
Echizen777

Ferris wheel? There is going to be more? I can't believe they even included Mari.
Old 2014-08-28, 06:08   Link #277
tuckersister

How many volumes she has showed up so far?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 12:14   Link #278
Miraluka
Banned

That's not the problem, I noticed that when Japan made a popularity poll, the who gets most of the votes if not all of them is the one who they liked at first, it doesn't matter if the character derailed or if it barely appears and isn't related to the plot, Japan are hard to change their decisions even if it goes against the author's will, they'll rage and you get otaku being otaku destroying their own merchandising . Btw, Mayumi is at an overwhelming top in the polles here where I am.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 08:49   Link #279
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
How many volumes she has showed up so far?
In all volumes excepted the 8th one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
That's not the problem, I noticed that when Japan made a popularity poll, the who gets most of the votes if not all of them is the one who they liked at first, it doesn't matter if the character derailed or if it barely appears and isn't related to the plot, Japan are hard to change their decisions even if it goes against the author's will, they'll rage and you get otaku being otaku destroying their own merchandising . Btw, Mayumi is at an overwhelming top in the polles here where I am.
It reminds me of Oreimo ending. Author can't please everyone anyway, it is highly possible that Tatsuya will die alone, but he can't possibly be with his sister as a lover with his current emotional state.
Old 2014-08-30, 21:58   Link #280
rladls2121

To think that Tatsuya is actually planning so throughly on his date with Mayumi at the amusement park.

Tatsuya, this is so unlike you.
Tatsuya wants to ride this Earth Dive?
Even Mayumi was unexpected of Tatsuya's hobby of ride attraction.
What happened to him?
Have he really decided to become Mayumi's little brother?

And Mayumi, did you really have to ride on that ride?

I really like Drama CDs.
Not better than the light novel, but definitely better than the anime.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote