AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-07, 01:12   Link #261
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ If i remember it's just spin-off of mahouka giving miyuki pov on the manga like misaka on railgun ._.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:14   Link #262
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Man the reason is simple, they don`t send miyuki on the mission for the yotsuba because well you better send tatsuya, far more efficient and covertly. Besides maya doesn't even sends tatsuya on yotsuba missions think in this volume 13 is the first we seen him do a mission for the yotsuba besides the guardian stuff.
Actually Tatsuya can reject any orders even that order is directly from Maya.
And yes I wanna know why Tatsuya accept the job in volume 13.

Also where's miyuki that time, why she didn't accompany tatsuya instead Fumiya going with him.

Quote:
And lets face the truth if maya sends miyuki on a dirty job for the clan she is not gonna go alone, tats will be there as well because its his duty as a guardian to protect her.
So even if miyuki is ordered on a mission at the end it will still be tatsuya who will do the mission so why bother sending her and him when you could send just him, and tatsuya fights best when he is alone.
That it is.

Sending Miyuki means Sending Tatsuya too.

I think Maya don't know about this, so she never give Miyuki any order.

Quote:
Another reason is maya dosen't want to draw to much attention to herself and the yotsubas. Remember there is already a plot against the yotsuba to reduce their influence and power in japan because right now some of the clans think the yotsuba are to powerful. And like kubou said to kazama with miyuki and tatsuya as a members of the yotsuba family the yotsuba will eclipse the other clans in the 10MC in terms of magical power.
And maya knows this and she dosen't want to pain a target on their backs by ordering miyuki or tatsuya on yotsuba missions that increases the risk of their identities to go out.
Then why send Fumiya ?

Ayako ? Okay maybe she's not that strong. So no one will suspect she's Yotsuba.

Look Miyuki doesn't want to release Tatsuya from being her guardian because she affraid Yotsuba will make him do dirty job.

In the end, Miyuki will never do anything at all.

Nothing.......
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:16   Link #263
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ If i remember it's just spin-off of mahouka giving miyuki pov on the manga like misaka on railgun ._.
I know what it is, I've read it. But I've never had it confirmed whether or not it was cannon material.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:18   Link #264
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
the thing is kuroba twins are a branch family and if there are other families they are still branch families that serve the main family which is the yotsuba family and the main family plus the branch family(s) plus the guardians form the yotsuba clan.

Remember in volume 3 when tatsuya talks to aoki at the FLT, aoki calls him a fake magician and tasuya calls him a butler but at the end he said no matter the position we all server the yotsuba family.
So judging for this it only seems normal that the kuroba twins to do more dirty jobs because they are from the branch family and miyuki who is from the main family to do less or none.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:21   Link #265
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

I too bit confuse on first chapter because it's kinda different on the original manga and ln =_=
Old 2014-05-07, 01:21   Link #266
anonfr

Quote:
the thing is kuroba twins are a branch family and if there are other families they are still branch families that serve the main family which is the yotsuba family and the main family plus the branch family(s) plus the guardians form the yotsuba clan.

Remember in volume 3 when tatsuya talks to aoki at the FLT, aoki calls him a fake magician and tasuya calls him a butler but at the end he said no matter the position we all server the yotsuba family.
So judging for this it only seems normal that the kuroba twins to do more dirty jobs because they are from the branch family and miyuki who is from the main family to do less or none.
We're talking about the Yuttousei manga though. Not the twins or the main volumes.

But anyway, your point is that, despite both Miyuki and Fumiya being heir candidates, it's only natural for Fumiya to do dirty jobs since he's a Kuroba and it's in line with what the Kuroba do? I get that.

Quote:
I too bit confuse on first chapter because it's kinda different on the original manga and ln =_=
The first chapter takes place before the first main volume, technically. Mayumi's portrayal was kind of scary though, since it hinted she was fully aware of Tatsuya and Miyuki from the fugitive magician incident.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:27   Link #267
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

yes I know it's still depend the author i guess ._. if he gonna make the spinoff canon too

speaking of which can miyuki use Muspelheim ? or only lina can use

can lina use Niflheim like miyuki?

I do wonder if morisaki respect tatsuya now and is willing to listen to his advice, strategy and cad hardware/software modification
Old 2014-05-07, 01:29   Link #268
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Then why send Fumiya ?

Ayako ? Okay maybe she's not that strong. So no one will suspect she's Yotsuba.

Look Miyuki doesn't want to release Tatsuya from being her guardian because she affraid Yotsuba will make him do dirty job.

In the end, Miyuki will never do anything at all.

Nothing.......
Mitsugu was a powerful magician and a highly skilled combat magicians as well, when maya realized that his mission will most likely get him killed she dispatched tatsuya and fumyia to help mitsugu, because maya already knows no matter how you slice tatsuya's situation he is probably the strongest magician in the yotsuba. As for fumiya being there no clue, maybe that mission was initially for him and ayako and tatsuya took ayako's place.
But i would love to know tatsuya's motivation for taking the job in the first place, he is not the guy to do whatever maya say's so he has to have some good reason for his actions.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:30   Link #269
anonfr

Quote:
yes I know it's still depend the author i guess ._. if he gonna make the spinoff canon too

speaking of which can miyuki use Muspelheim ? or only lina can use

can lina use Niflheim like miyuki?

I do wonder if morisaki respect tatsuya now and is willing to listen to his advice, strategy and cad hardware/software modification
Those are all good questions I don't really know the answer too. I'm not sure if Miyuki knows how to use it, but I'm sure she can learn it. Same with Lina. But it might also be a natural ability/preference thing.

As for Morisaki, who knows really. But when he apprehended Shippou in volume 12, while they were deliberating he seemed to defer to Tatsuya, so maybe he learned some respect.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:31   Link #270
kidswable

some little opinion of me about miyuki

it is not that maya wouldn't order miyuki to do some job, it just not as efficient as possible. in the event of maya order miyuki to do some dirty job, tatsuya will interfere and make sure he is the one who's doing the order.

another thing is, if miyuki is hurt during mission, the past arc and 9 school arc will sufficient to give some insight about what will happen. no head dragon japanese branch is eradicated and the enemy soldier in okinawa see mahesvara and even get the nuclear equivalent thrown at them.
kidswable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:40   Link #271
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Those are all good questions I don't really know the answer too. I'm not sure if Miyuki knows how to use it, but I'm sure she can learn it. Same with Lina. But it might also be a natural ability/preference thing.

As for Morisaki, who knows really. But when he apprehended Shippou in volume 12, while they were deliberating he seemed to defer to Tatsuya, so maybe he learned some respect.
well miyuki can use freze flame so i thought if she can use lina spell or she only specialize on Ice/Freeze/Snow magic/spell

as for lina she think that its a lunar spell so I though maybe she can cast it too

offtopic: rising hope is now release its really good ^_^, its good addition to my mp3 library collection ^_^ now waiting for tatsuya and miyuki characters song if they will gonna make it
Old 2014-05-07, 01:49   Link #272
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post

it is not that maya wouldn't order miyuki to do some job, it just not as efficient as possible. in the event of maya order miyuki to do some dirty job, tatsuya will interfere and make sure he is the one who's doing the order.

another thing is, if miyuki is hurt during mission, the past arc and 9 school arc will sufficient to give some insight about what will happen. no head dragon japanese branch is eradicated and the enemy soldier in okinawa see mahesvara and even get the nuclear equivalent thrown at them.
one other reason is their skill set. Miyuki excels in aoe magic, like inferno, flame freeze, neilfheim etc all through her magic is powerful its combat ability of that magic is not that good and that magic and her skills are not suited for the type of work the yotsuba does, like covert assassinations, intelligence gathering, black ops missions etc.
her freezing magic is powerful but its more a support magic than combat magic. Even mari an combat magician rated miyukis freezing magic as barely viable for combat. But in places where mobility, physical strength, weapons proficiency, HTH combat skills , quick use of simple but lethal spells,using real time tactics are a necessity miyuki's magic and skills are bad. She simply is not a combat magician.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:52   Link #273
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

I have absolutely no idea if it's Cannon, but the chapters that followed don't seem to contradict with novels. Also the anime seems to have adapted the part with Honoka, which was only shown in the spinoff. If it doesn't contradict and actually complements the Novel/Manga/Anime..

I think it was stated somewhere that Miyuki's preference for 'Ice Magic' stems from her 'Mental Interference Magic' specifically 'Cocytus'.

With Regards to Morisaki; it might be due to his performance in the 9SC taking out 'Ichijou Masaki' despite having lower overall 'Magic Power'. It could also be due to the fact that Tatsuya now holds the position of 'Vice President', Or he might just be terrified of Miyuki. Either way he was correct in deferring to Tatsuya as the other leaders did so as well. As an engineer Morisaki no doubt recognizes Tatsuya's abilities, heck even the school was forced to recognize him...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:53   Link #274
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
one other reason is their skill set. Miyuki excels in aoe magic, like inferno, flame freeze, neilfheim etc all through her magic is powerful its combat ability of that magic is not that good and that magic and her skills are not suited for the type of work the yotsuba does, like covert assassinations, intelligence gathering, black ops missions etc.
her freezing magic is powerful but its more a support magic than combat magic. Even mari an combat magician rated miyukis freezing magic as barely viable for combat. But in places where mobility, physical strength, weapons proficiency, HTH combat skills , quick use of simple but lethal spells,using real time tactics are a necessity miyuki's magic and skills are bad. She simply is not a combat magician.
but if i remember correctly she was train by tatsuya master correct so i think she is given a slight edge on normal cqc magician not the mari/tatsuya/erika cqc type
Old 2014-05-07, 01:58   Link #275
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
I have absolutely no idea if it's Cannon, but the chapters that followed don't seem to contradict with novels. Also the anime seems to have adapted the part with Honoka, which was only shown in the spinoff. If it doesn't contradict and actually complements the Novel/Manga/Anime..
Which part with Honoka? I don't recall anything new about her being added. I do feel like the first scene with Mayumi was a little contradictory too.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:58   Link #276
IceHism

Quote:
I'm not seeing how Niflheim, or deceleration field(where she slows down molecules to suffocate you with nitrogen or deactivates the spell to cause an explosion, used against lina) couldn't be used to destroy people or is barely viable. her specialty is large scale, wide area spells so she would be more useful for taking out small armies than single people. Either way, she has won every battle so far by either using Cocytus or Niflheim so i'm not seeing how she is bad at combat... Not to mention that insane Zone Interference... and she has physical training from Yakumo as well. And lets be honest, Miyuki wouldn't lose in a fight against anyone in the series except for against the very top of the ten master clans (tatsuya + maya)

not to mention, is it even mentioned how those robots got frozen in yokohama arc like in the illustration? I feel like there are many spells that she could use but they just aren't named.

If there is anyone i would call a support mage, it would be Isori Kei and his ability to setup mine genesis for kanon.

edit: Mari said it was tactical class, so only 1 level below strategic. That's insane combat stats right there.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 02:02   Link #277
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Wrong. Mari rated Miyuki's magic as good for combat.

Vol 7 Chapter 11
Quote:
"Ah~, that girl's Freezing Magic probably qualifies for combat level."
Quote:
well miyuki can use freze flame so i thought if she can use lina spell or she only specialize on Ice/Freeze/Snow magic/spell

as for lina she think that its a lunar spell so I though maybe she can cast it too

offtopic: rising hope is now release its really good ^_^, its good addition to my mp3 library collection ^_^ now waiting for tatsuya and miyuki characters song if they will gonna make it
Lunar magic is magic that targets the mind. So, Lina cannot use it.

Vol 11 Chapter 17
Quote:
Lunar magic is what English speaking magicians use to refer to a particular branch of mental interference magic, that which specifically targets and directly damages the spirit, and is named for one of the most famous Outer-systematic mental attack magics 'Lunar Strike'.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 02:03   Link #278
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Wrong. Mari rated Miyuki's magic as tactic-class, not as "barely viable for combat". It means that the only thing above her is strategic-class.

Lunar magic is magic that targets the mind. So, Lina cannot use it.

Vol 11 Chapter 17
which is her brother the god of destruction XD

ah i see so she cant use it my mistake

do wonder if miyuki can use plasma magic or only lina can use it
Old 2014-05-07, 02:05   Link #279
hakazee

Quote:
So you means because she's from the Main Family, she didn't need to do any job ?
She's so lucky, she has an easy life, she even has 2 guardians.

I think Ayako and Fumiya don't have any guardian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post

Oh why not ? Tatsuya is great. He does his job perfectly.
That's a great idea. Give order to Miyuki and Tatsuya will do it for Miyuki.

Also I doubt anyone can hurt Miyuki especially Tatsuya is always with her and now she has Minami.
Yet she didn't need to do any job.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 02:08   Link #280
IceHism

Quote:

do wonder if miyuki can use plasma magic or only lina can use it
At this point, i think it is all about affinity. Miyuki or Lina could learn Plasma or freezing magic respectively but there would be no point because they don't specialize in them. There is probably also a limit as to how much one can perfect a certain type of magic. So to draw out your strengths, you would logically use magic that you have affinity for. Muspelheim combines lightning and fire to make plasma just like how Heavy Metal Burst is plasma magic perfected. So even if Miyuki could use Muspelheim, it would never be as strong as lina's.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote