AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 21:26   Link #261
bludvein

Was trying out テレポーター, and it seems somewhat inspired by Mahouka imo. MC has an OP magic that keeps him from using the more common magic, which he needs to hide while undercover at school. It's not a strict secrecy like Tatsuya's though. There is also a CAD stand-in.

On the plus side, the MC lacks the sue-ness of Tatsuya and there is no crazy bro-cons.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 01:01   Link #262
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Was trying out テレポーター, and it seems somewhat inspired by Mahouka imo. MC has an OP magic that keeps him from using the more common magic, which he needs to hide while undercover at school. It's not a strict secrecy like Tatsuya's though. There is also a CAD stand-in.

On the plus side, the MC lacks the sue-ness of Tatsuya and there is no crazy bro-cons.
Is it just me, or the upcoming or aspiring novelists are taking the best from other novels, while removing or changing the worst in them.

Less Wimpy MC's, Less (Flat or overly violent) Tsunderes (and if there are Tsunderes, they are proper ones), Deeper Plot/Character Development/World Building, etc.
Cliches done right.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 06:25   Link #263
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
even the manga adaption didn't manage to pull me in.
The manga was so boring, it didn't manage to make me even slightly interested in the novel.
Re:Monster on the other hand, hooked me in with the first manga chapter adaptation, went to read all the novel chapters right away.

Alphapolis is so hit-miss with their choices, Gate is still their best manga adaptation IMO.
Old 2014-05-25, 19:54   Link #264
bludvein

I'd like to recommend something a little different this time. I know this thread is for Narou, but I'd like to point out an excellent english web novel I picked up about a year ago.

Mother of Learning

I sort of mentioned it in the Arifureta thread before, but that was kind of offhand. Story is basically about a student mage forced to relive the same month over and over again Groundhog's Day-style. He sort of starts off as a misanthrope, but he becomes a better person and a kickass mage throughout. My only complaint is its slow release schedule, but its definitely worth a read.
Old 2014-05-31, 06:04   Link #265
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The manga was so boring, it didn't manage to make me even slightly interested in the novel.
Re:Monster on the other hand, hooked me in with the first manga chapter adaptation, went to read all the novel chapters right away.

Alphapolis is so hit-miss with their choices, Gate is still their best manga adaptation IMO.
since its Alphapolis... I take it that it has been turned into the usual digest and we are screwed..... don't know if I want to try and find the LN

unless the web has been saved somewhere
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 06:13   Link #266
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Is there any news about Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou being published anytime soon?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 08:26   Link #267
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Is there any news about Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou being published anytime soon?
Not yet man.... No need to rush thing seeing the web novel is doing just fine..... Were it to be published anytime soon, I dont think I will be able to enjoy the web novel version for a while.
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:20   Link #268
omegasereon

For new chapter of 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?,

Spoiler for :
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:26   Link #269
tonyorobsky

Hello, I'm a new member of Animesuki, but definitly not my first time browsing through

Many thanks for all the web novels suggestions and spoilers
Extra many many thanks for the spoilers and summaries of "Arifureta" and "Mushoku Tensei"

Just for fun
With all the web novels about summoning to another world, what kind of abilities would you like to have if you were summond in another world?
For me, 3 abilities (or at least 2 among those 3):
I would like a "Transmutation" ability to create custom weapons, armors and various items (inspired by Arifureta XD)
I would like a "Stealth" ability to mask my appearance an hide my presence (Too many dangers in others worlds, let's hide and observe, or flee)
I would like an "Analyse" ability to see the mechanics of other ability and potentially learn them (a bit like the sharingan, however without the instant learning). A skill to allow me to decipher other common abilities so I can train by myself to learn them and use them. (I can learn any other ability I find useful)

For stories where the MC is reincarned in another world, I would like to see one where the MC completly forget his past memories (gender, family, friends, growth, life...) but keep his knowledge (ex scientific knowledge, like how a hurrican form itself, how to make an object fly in the air, knowing the speed of sound and the speed of light, knowing how to resolve equations of the first degree, principle behind fire arms, things like that)

Also, with Master of words, it's the first time I encounter a novel with the MC getting a loli harem... Since i'm not a fan of loli I'll have to leave this one out...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:32   Link #270
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
For new chapter of 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?,

Spoiler for :
Care to elaborate a bit?
Old 2014-05-31, 14:40   Link #271
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Care to elaborate a bit?
It's a bit of a bizarre situation.
Spoiler for :

Freaking small updates. They're frequent, but I've been pretty hype on seeing how the hell things are going to develop. But yeah, the priestess isn't exactly a redeemable character at this point.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2014-05-31 at 14:52.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:42   Link #272
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
Hello, I'm a new member of Animesuki, but definitly not my first time browsing through

Many thanks for all the web novels suggestions and spoilers
Extra many many thanks for the spoilers and summaries of "Arifureta" and "Mushoku Tensei"

Just for fun
With all the web novels about summoning to another world, what kind of abilities would you like to have if you were summond in another world?
For me, 3 abilities (or at least 2 among those 3):
I would like a "Transmutation" ability to create custom weapons, armors and various items (inspired by Arifureta XD)
I would like a "Stealth" ability to mask my appearance an hide my presence (Too many dangers in others worlds, let's hide and observe, or flee)
I would like an "Analyse" ability to see the mechanics of other ability and potentially learn them (a bit like the sharingan, however without the instant learning). A skill to allow me to decipher other common abilities so I can train by myself to learn them and use them. (I can learn any other ability I find useful)

For stories where the MC is reincarned in another world, I would like to see one where the MC completly forget his past memories (gender, family, friends, growth, life...) but keep his knowledge (ex scientific knowledge, like how a hurrican form itself, how to make an object fly in the air, knowing the speed of sound and the speed of light, knowing how to resolve equations of the first degree, principle behind fire arms, things like that)

Also, with Master of words, it's the first time I encounter a novel with the MC getting a loli harem... Since i'm not a fan of loli I'll have to leave this one out...
Well, it would have to be something unorthodox. Something that seems weak at first and invites scorn and derision from others, but turns out be a cheat key.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:53   Link #273
Gilgamesh113

Who is the apostle?
Is the apostle stronger than the demon lord?
Gilgamesh113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:08   Link #274
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh113 View Post
Who is the apostle?
Is the apostle stronger than the demon lord?
Spoiler for :

Last edited by sasuke706; 2014-05-31 at 17:17.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:35   Link #275
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Whats up with that story where they had hero summon but also the previous hero came in but decided to explore and not stay with the group. He is OP as hell can't rem the title
Old 2014-05-31, 15:42   Link #276
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Whats up with that story where they had hero summon but also the previous hero came in but decided to explore and not stay with the group. He is OP as hell can't rem the title
this one? http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124460

the update pace has been on and off lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:42   Link #277
Gilgamesh113

Sorry, duplicate post.
Gilgamesh113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 16:02   Link #278
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Oh yea completely forgot that it had its own thread now, thanks
Old 2014-05-31, 23:28   Link #279
bludvein

Cecil is a bitch, but we knew that already. All she is doing is adding to her total punishment when Fox locates them. It's gonna be epic.

Anyway, new rec! 魔拳のデイドリーマー. Can't believe it took me so long to find it, as its pretty good. It's another reincarnation story, but no heroes or demon kings to be found. Just amazingly over the top fights and some comedy. Expect martial arts inspired by games and hong kong movies, and training reminiscent of dbz. MC is a bit of an innocent mad scientist personality, born with a defect in his magic that keeps him from casting magic beyond a foot or so of his body. Not that it holds him back any, since there are ways around that. He otherwise pretty much hit the jackpot.
Old 2014-05-31, 23:37   Link #280
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Cecil is a bitch, but we knew that already. All she is doing is adding to her total punishment when Fox locates them. It's gonna be epic.

Anyway, new rec! 魔拳のデイドリーマー. Can't believe it took me so long to find it, as its pretty good. It's another reincarnation story, but no heroes or demon kings to be found. Just amazingly over the top fights and some comedy. Expect martial arts inspired by games and hong kong movies, and training reminiscent of dbz. MC is a bit of an innocent mad scientist personality, born with a defect in his magic that keeps him from casting magic beyond a foot or so of his body. Not that it holds him back any, since there are ways around that. He otherwise pretty much hit the jackpot.
Geez, I just started the 4th volume of teleporter(each chapter takes ages to read lol...) and another rec that sounds nice. I'll bookmark this for the mean time.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel