AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 06:12   Link #261
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

I can hardly believe she is that positive and intimate to Theodor in such short time men! If she somehow caught Theodor doing something sparkled her interest in the past then this development should have been possible though. Anyhow we have confirmed firmly that Theodor was the one to have romantic feelings to Irisdine (Even the japanese wiki confirmed that! Irisdine only treated him as her precious comrader and a good friend....)
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:14   Link #262
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Yeah, I mean, she doesn't really seem like the kind of person who'd say "Life is fleeting, especially now, so let's do it!"

And well, she was hugging him...but considering the size of her assets, it was rather impossible for Theodore to not experience marshmallow hell.

I suppose the entire dream scene is a nod to how Schwarzemarken was supposed to be a light romantic comedy, initially.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 21:30   Link #263
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Yeah, I mean, she doesn't really seem like the kind of person who'd say "Life is fleeting, especially now, so let's do it!"
You mean, the trope "I don't want to die a virgin"? You'd be surprised at what people want to enjoy when they feel that their next day might not be coming at all. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if Latrova was one to pull such a thing on Yuuya in Total Eclipse.

I take it then that Irisdina (un)dresses the way she does in promotional art purely because she's a fanservice character, not because she likes to attract male attention and squelch it between her perfect fingers (and if that doesn't work, a 9mm hole in the head from her Makarov PM will do the trick). Or is that in fact that case?

So am I to take it that Lyz is the only female character with a romantic interest in Theodor throughout the series? Too bad.

Quote:
And well, she was hugging him...but considering the size of her assets, it was rather impossible for Theodore to not experience marshmallow hell.
Well, fanservice-y and h-scenes are two of Carnelian's specialties (and you have to admit her art in that vein ups the sales). Having said that, there were other ways Irisdina could have done this; she could have held his face in her hands and then put his head on her shoulder, but marshmallow hell is more fun to look at.

Quote:
I suppose the entire dream scene is a nod to how Schwarzemarken was supposed to be a light romantic comedy, initially.
Isn't there any comic relief in this series?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 23:59   Link #264
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So am I to take it that Lyz is the only female character with a romantic interest in Theodor throughout the series? Too bad.
Yeah. In the latest summary on the schwarzesmarken website, she once proposed him to flee to East Germary (Namely Stasi) after hearing Irisdine's plan to overthrow it. She stated that with the 666 squadron force right now its impossible to accomplish that mission as well as driving away the BETA which were coming to them at the same time.Therefore she thought it would be better if both her and Theodor were to run away and surrender to Stasi now. However Theodor who had found out Lyz's true color silently said that even though that speech right now really angered him, he couldn't really bring himself to hate his only sister. Also he stated that he still wished to fight alongside with Irisdine and Katia in order to achieve the true peace. After saying that he went into the battle field with everyone else in the 666 squadron and emerging victorious against the BETA. However as soon as they came back the Stasi came "greeted" them. The whole squadron got exhausted greatly after the fight so they couldn't manage to fight back. Irisdine told Theodor and Katia to flee stating they were the only hope of the Operation to overthrow Stasi. As they got away, Beatrix captured Irisdine alive with a sadistic smile. She thanked Lyz for completing her mission as a spy, making Irisdine shock greatly at her betrayal.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:24   Link #265
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Yeah. In the latest summary on the Schwarzesmarken website . . .
You might want to put the rest in spoiler tags. But maybe you could add the chapter summaries on the website to the Schwarzesmarken translation project.

Guess he should have shacked up with Irisdina instead. By the way, what happened to Kirke, the West German exchange officer who didn't like the Stasi either? And is that Gretel in a new hairdo on the sample page of Ch. 26 and the promotional image for Ch. 31?

I sincerely hope that Schwarzesmarken will get an anime adaptation and an eroge conversion where we get to choose Theodor's love interest. It's too interesting a story to not give us fans the opportunity to see how things might have turned out differently.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:50   Link #266
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
You might want to put the rest in spoiler tags. But maybe you could add the chapter summaries on the website to the Schwarzesmarken translation project.

Guess he should have shacked up with Irisdina instead. By the way, what happened to Kirke, the West German exchange officer who didn't like the Stasi either? And is that Gretel in a new hairdo on the sample page of Ch. 26 and the promotional image for Ch. 31?

I sincerely hope that Schwarzesmarken will get an anime adaptation and an eroge conversion where we get to choose Theodor's love interest. It's too interesting a story to not give us fans the opportunity to see how things might have turned out differently.
Well if you guys ask about Kirche, its like this: When she met Theodor again in chap 19, after witnessing Theodor's brave action to sweep out an entire BETA wave alone to stall for time allowing his comrade to safely retreat, she promise to lend him her squadron's strength in the next operation as a proof of her friendship to him. They promise each other that they would meet again in their next joint operation safely.

As for Gretel, you guys must know about the fact that when the entire 666 squadron risked their life fighting the BETA, Gretel was together with some important figures in the operation to overthrow Stasi. However Stasi made their move first and attack the base whereupon Stasi captured almost everyone except for Gretel who managed to escaped with some other. At the end of the event happened at chap 29, as Theodor and Katia were wandering in despair, she came out rescuing them. In chap 30 and 31 event, they met the mastermind of the operation to overthow Stasi. After sometime to make up their mind, they decided they would fight not only to overthrow Stasi but also rescuing their 666 squadron comrades.
Old 2013-05-24, 14:06   Link #267
Mazryonh

Quote:
Well if you guys ask about Kirche, its like this: When she met Theodor again in chap 19, after witnessing Theodor's brave action to sweep out an entire BETA wave alone to stall for time allowing his comrade to safely retreat, she promise to lend him her squadron's strength in the next operation as a proof of her friendship to him. They promise each other that they would meet again in their next joint operation safely.
Well, I'm glad Kirke was a woman of her word. We knew right from the beginning that East Germany was consumed wholesale by the BETA by Total Eclipse's time; all that's in question right now is whether the "right" people will survive this calamity. Do you happen to be fluent in Japanese?

Quote:
As for Gretel, you guys must know about the fact that when the entire 666 squadron risked their life fighting the BETA, Gretel was together with some important figures in the operation to overthrow Stasi.
So that WAS Gretel in the sample pictures I mentioned?

In any case, the protagonists had better hurry. The Stasi were nothing if not very fast in executing people they captured and didn't approve of, something they inherited from their Soviet overlords.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:16   Link #268
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

No, there is comic relief, just, not as much as they originally planned for, before Schwarz took the grimdark route during development.

---

Everyone suspects Liz is a spy. Theodore knows Liz is a spy, or at least, defeatist, Commie supporter. Stasi still gets the upper hand over everyone. Great job, that.
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR STICKING UP FOR YOUR IMOTOU, INSTEAD OF GOING FOR IRISDINA ROUTE. Should've emptied that Makarov at Liz's head, Thed. Be a man.

Gut feeling also says that she was the one to rat out their parents when they tried to escape to the West. Yeah. Nice "family" you got there Theodore

Also, Beatrix-Irisdina angry hate sex doujins ahoy, mefeels.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:38   Link #269
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
No, there is comic relief, just, not as much as they originally planned for, before Schwarz took the grimdark route during development.

---

Everyone suspects Liz is a spy. Theodore knows Liz is a spy, or at least, defeatist, Commie supporter. Stasi still gets the upper hand over everyone. Great job, that.
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR STICKING UP FOR YOUR IMOTOU, INSTEAD OF GOING FOR IRISDINA ROUTE. Should've emptied that Makarov at Liz's head, Thed. Be a man.

Gut feeling also says that she was the one to rat out their parents when they tried to escape to the West. Yeah. Nice "family" you got there Theodore

despit my fear of Beatrix I think id need a blood transfusion
Old 2013-05-26, 00:10   Link #270
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:

- You know, that just makes the fan theory of Theodore = The Master all the more plausible. EG, when does he finally snap?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 00:39   Link #271
Mazryonh

Quote:
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR STICKING UP FOR YOUR IMOUTO, INSTEAD OF GOING FOR IRISDINA ROUTE. Should've emptied that Makarov at Liz's head, Thed. Be a man.

Gut feeling also says that she was the one to rat out their parents when they tried to escape to the West. Yeah. Nice "family" you got there Theodore.
If your theories are correct, it would be interesting to see just how Lyz came to rat out their parents. Maybe there's still time for an Irisdina route (or at least an ending where such a route could get started).

Quote:
As a general rule, doujinshis based on Carnelian-illustrated media appear to be universally rare, because Carnelian herself has set the bar so high with her absolutely stellar art. But yes, it'd be interesting to see where the fan artists take Schwarzesmarken if an eroge with multiple heroine paths is not forthcoming.
Old 2013-05-26, 07:46   Link #272
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Well, I'm glad Kirke was a woman of her word. We knew right from the beginning that East Germany was consumed wholesale by the BETA by Total Eclipse's time; all that's in question right now is whether the "right" people will survive this calamity. Do you happen to be fluent in Japanese?

So that WAS Gretel in the sample pictures I mentioned?

In any case, the protagonists had better hurry. The Stasi were nothing if not very fast in executing people they captured and didn't approve of, something they inherited from their Soviet overlords.
Well it isn't like I am fluent in japanese but rather I found a chinese translation source!! Hurrayy!!
Also I found a interesting scenes as well. Here is it:
- When Kirche made her promise with Theodor, Annette also presented there. When Kirche turned to look at Annette, she teasingly asked if Annette was Theodor's GF making the both Theodor and Annette furiously denied it. When Kirche heard that, she suddenly thought of something then she turned to Theodor curiously. She started her "evaluation" of Theodor face profile, personality and achievement. When she had done it, she muttered:".....Hmm calm personality, a self control look and having the courage and decisiveness to take an action....... Okay you fully passed , also with the title hero as well maybe it will be easy to introduce you to grandfather." "Eh?" "What?"asked Theodor and Annette in puzzlement.
Old 2013-05-26, 08:14   Link #273
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Could you share your source? Would help with my translation.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 08:21   Link #274
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Wife!Kirche is the best Kirche.

Dammn you Theodore! Is there a Schwarz girl that hasn't hit on him?
Old 2013-05-26, 20:36   Link #275
Mazryonh

Quote:
- When Kirche made her promise with Theodor, Annette also presented there.
Is this in Ch. 19? The sample pic on the website, showing Kirche reaching out to the viewer, looks like it might be the illustration accompanying the scene you're describing.
Old 2013-05-26, 23:06   Link #276
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Is this in Ch. 19? The sample pic on the website, showing Kirche reaching out to the viewer, looks like it might be the illustration accompanying the scene you're describing.
Yeah. The scene I was trying to describe was that scene in chap 19
Old 2013-05-27, 01:39   Link #277
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Well it isn't like I am fluent in japanese but rather I found a chinese translation source!! Hurrayy!!
- When Kirche made her promise with Theodor, Annette also presented there. When Kirche turned to look at Annette, she teasingly asked if Annette was Theodor's GF making the both Theodor and Annette furiously denied it. When Kirche heard that, she suddenly thought of something then she turned to Theodor curiously. She started her "evaluation" of Theodor face profile, personality and achievement. When she had done it, she muttered:".....Hmm calm personality, a self control look and having the courage and decisiveness to take an action....... Okay you fully passed , also with the title hero as well maybe it will be easy to introduce you to grandfather." "Eh?" "What?"asked Theodor and Annette in puzzlement.
question does anett still hate theo
Old 2013-05-28, 16:24   Link #278
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I just remembered that Carnelian drew a couple doujins herself.

Irisdina-Beatrix-Kirche doujins by Carnelian....I don't think my heart would take it. But I would really enjoy it.

Also, I've finally gotten the time to look through the novel translations. Good God, Irisdina's humor is awesome.

Great Job guys. Although, it's not Polish National Republic, but People's Republic. Commie sheist naming and everything.
Old 2013-05-30, 13:59   Link #279
Esg

What happened to mrv
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 23:44   Link #280
Mazryonh

Quote:
I just remembered that Carnelian drew a couple doujins herself.

Irisdina-Beatrix-Kirche doujins by Carnelian....I don't think my heart would take it. But I would really enjoy it.[/S]
Didn't she make some fanart for Total Eclipse? With the previous main artist Miyata Sou having been canned, she really should illustrate for TE from now on. If not her, then Tasuku Iizuki (who has illustrated TE stuff before) could well do it.

The problem is whether she's contractually bound to NOT illustrate doujinshi of stuff she's professionally worked on. It wouldn't be impossible for her employers to have a clause like that.

But yes, if a Schwarzesmarken anime adaptation or eroge is not going to be made, then some doujinshis from Carnelian might fill the void.