AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-20, 15:19   Link #261
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No one is going to say it will take the same amount of time as FF15, but it's still going to take a very long time to make this.
And no one is saying it's not going to take a long time. Even the mentioned year of 2017 is at least 2 years away from now. The point is there is no reason to even mention XV's apparently very long developmental time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:47   Link #262
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
not really nomura wasn't the director of the XIII sequals like he was for the start of versus, it was more like the XIII sequals were made because nomura decided to work on a bunch of Kh spinoff and not his part of the nova chrysallis which was versus, but that can cause a whole mess of arguements
Nomura and his team really did get pulled apart to work on FFXIII and Type-0 related related projects while Nomura's own project became a low priority. It doesn't matter whether he was the director of those other projects or not. He was still a character designer, and they still needed the extra help from his crew to actually develop those games. The other reason why development on vsXIII eventually stopped was because Nomura and his team came to the conclusion that his vision couldn't be fully realized on ps3/360 hardware. It had little to do with KH spin offs.

This game will not undergo development hell like FFvsXIII/FFXV. There's entirely too much riding on this. Expecations are high and the budget is no doubt high as well. (especially if Sony is funding it). This will be among SE's highest priorities. It's not going to get any less than SE's full attention until it's completed.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 17:16   Link #263
Shadow5YA

I doubt it'll have SE's full attention (right now) when Nomura is still busy trying to complete Kingdom Hearts III, which despite all the spin offs, is still a highly hyped title.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 17:40   Link #264
sayde

Tai Yasue is currently (and is perfectly capable of) shouldering the bulk of the work as director for KH3. Coming straight from the mans mouth, Nomura's more of the visionary. They get his input every now and then, but for the most part, development of KH3 is left up to Yasue and the Osaka team. This was confirmed last December. Not saying Nomura doesn't have any work left to do for KH3, but I doubt he spends nearly as much time as a lot of people think towards the project. By this point, his main role in KH3 development is probably just to contribute and approve of ideas.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 18:01   Link #265
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
This game will not undergo development hell like FFvsXIII/FFXV. There's entirely too much riding on this. Expecations are high and the budget is no doubt high as well. (especially if Sony is funding it). This will be among SE's highest priorities. It's not going to get any less than SE's full attention until it's completed.
This.

We're talking about one of the biggest games in gaming history, you simply can't announce a remake of a classic(that every fan has been harping on about for years) and have it undergo development hell, it's not good business, we know it and (god hopes) they know it.

It might take a few years but I doubt it will take anything close to other long development games.

I hope this time they make the weapons a tad easier to kill or at least a little quicker, that hour and half I spent trying to kill Ruby was frankly insane.
Old 2015-06-20, 21:47   Link #266
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I dunno about that... for me setting your hometown on fire and killing your beloved parents sounds worse.
I think he means it established Sephiroth as a threat and gave players a more personal reason to want to beat him. It also impacted the characters.
Old 2015-06-20, 21:53   Link #267
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I think he means it established Sephiroth as a threat and gave players a more personal reason to want to beat him. It also impacted the characters.
Giving you a personal reason to want to fight him, sure, but I'd argue that Sephiroth was established as a hell of a threat well before that.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 22:03   Link #268
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Well at any rate, in the first stages or w/e of development of FF7 they were going to kill off a character, and there were three characters are the start of the game; They were Cloud, Barret, and Aeris/Aerith... they couldn't kill Cloud off as he's the main character, Barret was pretty much the first black character in their series (least of all playable in a way imo), so that leaves Aeris.

Next they had to get you *the player* emotionally attached, if you will, to her, so when the time came when she gets killed off both Cloud and co as well as you the player will want revenge for Aeris/Aerith. IMO. So to answer your guys, it's killing two birds one stone in a way.
Sephiroth is a somebody you need to stop, but kill Aeris gives you the driving motivation.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 22:35   Link #269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I still think that was a great move on their part. That first time I was completely caught offguard and in shock when it happened. Think I was right there with the rest of the characters and then boom you had this boss fight to get through before you could even react to it.

It did its job, you were shocked and now extremely invested on avenging her. Going after Sephiroth was something you were supposed to do. To that point there was certainly reasons to continue the chase. But that one moment gave the party and the players a unified purpose. Now you wanted to go after this guy and get him.

I have no doubt they can do a good job with that scene in the remake. This time it will be more like Crisis Core. You know how it will end, but you'll still be emotionally invested in the moment regardless.
Old 2015-06-21, 00:02   Link #270
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This.

We're talking about one of the biggest games in gaming history, you simply can't announce a remake of a classic(that every fan has been harping on about for years) and have it undergo development hell, it's not good business, we know it and (god hopes) they know it.

It might take a few years but I doubt it will take anything close to other long development games.

I hope this time they make the weapons a tad easier to kill or at least a little quicker, that hour and half I spent trying to kill Ruby was frankly insane.
They would go bankrupt and get bought out by EA *shudders* if they did slack off on this one
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 01:17   Link #271
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I dunno about that... for me setting your hometown on fire and killing your beloved parents sounds worse.
Naaah, that's all fair game, he saw mako monsters in the mansion and his dad was Hojo, he is definitely excused for that one

Yes, he was a powerful character with a lot of issues, but when he killed the poor flower girl, he sentenced the world to doom by meteor, effectively becoming a true villain.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:09   Link #272
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Speaking about Ruby Weapon make me wondering what kind of 'upgrade' received on summon appearance in the remake later, especially Bahamut Zero (since Bahamut Fury's Exa Flare in CC is awesome) and Knight of the Round (the most glorious summon in FF VII); also, Gold Saucer's mini-games and dating event.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:23   Link #273
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Really? I don't mind grinding for something worth grinding for.
and I've always loved FF's extra bosses (except ffvi Deathgaze. finding him was too hard).

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:02   Link #274
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only FFs with hated extra bosses were FFX and XII for me...Grinding the arena for hours upon hours to max out your stats is just tedious, the scaling for dark aeons and arena bosses was definitely off. As for FFXII...Yiazmat, 50million HP and an annoying as shit 7k dmg limit after 40 minutes of pummeling, in a game with a 9,999 dmg threshold - nuff said.

FFVII's weapons were acceptable in that the game offers a lot of power for its side quests (W-summon knights and master materia) without getting repetitive.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:39   Link #275
Vajra
So Like A Rose

This may be a stupid question but is there a possibility that they will try throwing in some things from Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and Dirge of Cerberus?
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 07:00   Link #276
Freeter
beyond

The first two, perhaps. Probably not Dirge since it came after. It's up to Nomura if he wants to reference them or not.

As long as Gackt stays far away from the game's OST that's enough for me.
Old 2015-06-21, 09:51   Link #277
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Really? I don't mind grinding for something worth grinding for.
and I've always loved FF's extra bosses (except ffvi Deathgaze. finding him was too hard).
I don't mind the grind, something I've always been fine with really otherwise I'd never bother with it in first place but even so the Weapons were abit much, I just don't think I would like to sit there for all that time for 1 fight.

I don't think they need to gimp it to levels for "softcore" gamers, just make it a tad shorter than it was really.
Can up the difficultly if they want but make it shorter is better, I don't want to be half way through at 30mins to only wipe and have to start again.
Don't have time for that nowadays but I always like a challenge.

Now if there was something I'd really like for them to put in, that would be the card game from FFVIII.
The hours spent playing that would be more than the playing the rest of the game put together, I never did complete the collection but I had a fair few cards as I recall.
I tell ya now, I'd put everything I have into getting that Knights of Round card
Old 2015-06-21, 09:59   Link #278
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I think I'd rather have IX's Tetra Master.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 11:16   Link #279
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't mind the grind, something I've always been fine with really otherwise I'd never bother with it in first place but even so the Weapons were abit much, I just don't think I would like to sit there for all that time for 1 fight.

I don't think they need to gimp it to levels for "softcore" gamers, just make it a tad shorter than it was really.
Can up the difficultly if they want but make it shorter is better, I don't want to be half way through at 30mins to only wipe and have to start again.
Don't have time for that nowadays but I always like a challenge.

Now if there was something I'd really like for them to put in, that would be the card game from FFVIII.
The hours spent playing that would be more than the playing the rest of the game put together, I never did complete the collection but I had a fair few cards as I recall.
I tell ya now, I'd put everything I have into getting that Knights of Round card
Tbh, I've never finished XII so I never really experienced fighting Yiazmat. So I haven't battled something for as long as an hour or so.
I did beat Penance on X though, but it only took me 30 mins (I even failed a few of Wakka's attack reels then)

Aa for mini-games. I don't know which is more tedious, breeding chocobos on VII or the treasure hunting from IX.
I also prefer Triple Triad over Tetra Master

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 11:31   Link #280
monster

You know what would solve some of the long battles? Reducing the enemy's total HP. Of course, doing that would also either force them to either reduce the amount of damage the characters can deliver or make it harder to do consecutive attacks to balance out the game.

Would anyone who doesn't want the long battles be interested in something like that?

(Personally, I don't think it took a long time at all to beat the weapons, so I'm fine with the way it is. I've taken a longer time to do some of the hunts in FFXII, although mostly because I kept dying .)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg