AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-08-25, 21:15   Link #261
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Probably my favorite episode so far, solid English dub is nice bonus.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-08-26, 06:34   Link #262
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Definitely a nice episode after a recap & a reused Ultraseven alien with lame plot. Now we're back to original kaiju & more exciting stuff.

The prof scheme really reminds me of Fujimiya again.
Old 2023-08-28, 20:22   Link #263
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Definitely a nice episode after a recap & a reused Ultraseven alien with lame plot. Now we're back to original kaiju & more exciting stuff.

The prof scheme really reminds me of Fujimiya again.
Alien Canaan was cute .

I was reminded of the Kaizaki focused episode in Decker where her old professor also goes evil .
Old 2023-09-01, 21:20   Link #264
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Not the best ending but thematically correct.

YouTube

I love the professor immediately agreed his idea is flawed when presented to his commentary as counterpoint. Not in severe denial or suddenly think of himself as the only person who can save the world.

That rainbow saw is pretty neat idea.

Old 2023-09-03, 17:39   Link #265
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

In a world where ancient kaiju-gods can be sealed with a mere buddha statue, why is it so hard to believe that one man can unleash an ancient kaiju? I mean, the evidence (rainbow bracelets shards) were right there for investigation and if you record the Prof's monologue, you practically catch him red-handed. So I don't understand why they just let him go scott free.
Old 2023-09-03, 19:09   Link #266
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The subs said the problem is not about unleashing kaiju but controlling it.
While they can prove professor is responsible for unleashing Nijikagachi, he's not showing any capabilities of controlling kaiju past making it appears; and only that one (Nijikagachi), no other kaiju.

I guess the judge willing to give it a pass unless professor made comeback with new kaiju.

Old 2023-09-04, 02:22   Link #267
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
The subs said the problem is not about unleashing kaiju but controlling it.
While they can prove professor is responsible for unleashing Nijikagachi, he's not showing any capabilities of controlling kaiju past making it appears; and only that one (Nijikagachi), no other kaiju.

I guess the judge willing to give it a pass unless professor made comeback with new kaiju.

If you intentionally blew up a dam and killed some people due to the flooding, you bet your ass that the government will punish you for it. Life sentence would be one of the best case scenarios in many countries. Same case here, so WTF with the law enforcement in Blazar universe of Japan?!
Old 2023-09-09, 14:14   Link #268
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

A very solid episode. Despite using a recycled kaiju (Garamon) which has not officially made any appearance since Ultra Q in 1966 (before Ultraman), they actually committed in making the episode has the Ultra Q feel to the point where this becomes a huge tribute like the Tsuburaya episode in Ultraman Tiga.

And even if you can categorize this episode as "filler", there are still progression here. Blazar taking over Gento's mind for a second and drank the veggie juice is interesting. And from Gento & Blazar's interaction afterwards, maybe Blazar doesn't feel entirely positive about Gento. Can't to see more development after this.

Also, it's nice to hear Ultra Q theme being remade in the episode.
YouTube
It's a good thing that I recently binge watched Ultra Q on 4K, so I can enjoy this episode on a step higher level.
Old 2023-09-15, 20:34   Link #269
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

I guess the direction is clear now, we're going to see the caveman Blazar mature through his relationship with Gento.
If only Cosmos and Musashi got this kind of interaction.

To see Warabino being dad after the charismatic Heart in Drive felt good.

Old 2023-09-15, 21:23   Link #270
justavisitor

This is a very good episode...I don't watch a lot of ultramans..this is probably one of the very rare times that ultraman has an apparent conflict against his partner, and rightly so

This is getting interesting...

I recall that there was an earlier scene where Gento met Blazer way before ep 1...
Did Gento fall into this Earth with blazer?? Or it is yet to be explained??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 05:41   Link #271
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, who do you think stopped the killing of Demaaga? Gento stopping Blazar or Blazar stopping Gento?

We have cases for both of them:

Gento:
Pros:
  • Being a dad and knows how to be good to children.
  • His son asked him whether or not Demaaga was truly bad for protecting his baby.
Cons:
  • Have no qualms in killing Kaiju who disturb society as per his argument with the Prof Yokomine back then.

Blazar:
Pros:
  • Showing interest in nursing a baby early on by using Gento's body to intently watch a baby program on TV.
  • Showing the most concern when baby Demaaga appeared as we saw his vision focused on baby Demaaga and then on the parent Demaaga shielding his baby from missiles.
Cons:
  • Has no problem killing kaiju & aliens before.

Special argument:
We saw Blazar helping Anri to put Dorgo to sleep in episode 5 so he had no problem in solving kaiju issue peacefully. But the question is: who was the one in control at that time? Mostly Blazar or mostly Gento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
This is a very good episode...I don't watch a lot of ultramans..this is probably one of the very rare times that ultraman has an apparent conflict against his partner, and rightly so
Ultraman Zero's second host (Nozomu Taiga) did clash with Zero a lot until he finally accepted his role later on.
Old 2023-09-16, 07:00   Link #272
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The one stopped the killing is Blazar, the clue:
- Blazar eyes became blue before he roars to stop missiles.
- Gento didn't understand when his son said Blazar is awesome at the end of episode.

The one killing kaiju before is Gento, the clue:
- Gento hobby is fishing, Blazar quickly improvised with energy fishing rod against fish kaiju on early episode.
- After absorbing Nijikagachi power, Blazar created circular saw to pierce Nijikagachi skin which requires at least Gento understanding of machinery.

Old 2023-09-20, 04:58   Link #273
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The alien musicians from Ultraman Blazar has a YT channel? 😲

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2023-09-22, 20:06   Link #274
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

It interesting that, as Commander MC, Gento conflict is not about newbie disagreeing with team hardened attitude but being middleman between organization (obliterate all kaiju) and Blazar (it doesn't have to be 'kill on sight').
Old 2023-09-23, 14:56   Link #275
justavisitor

Seems like the conflict this time is...Blazer thinks it's ok to flee when it's losing??

Can't blame him, blazer probably learnt that when Gento ordered Earth Garon to retreat...(did I read that scene properly)

Human was a bit hypocrite this episode, the higher up had no choice but to admit that their offensive plan failed spectacularly after the flee from ultraman and it seemed like that dude channeled his anger to blazer instead.

It was okay for SKaRD's member and Earth Garon to retreat but when ultraman did the same, they treated him as a coward.

Even Gento didn't really try to understand that Blazer was trying to protect the kid kaiju from the previous episode but he was just annoyed (and afraid, which is reasonable) that Blazer didn't kill them all
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2023-09-30, 03:41   Link #276
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, it's confirmed that the "personality" that has been trying to save lives is Blazar (that means including the one trying to save Demaaga parent some episodes ago while Gento tried to kill it). Also, it's neat to see Blazar being the Kuuga of Ultraman: able to change kaiju elements that he grabs into his weapons. Been enjoying this show so damn much.
YouTube

But we have yet another recap next week 😣
Old 2023-09-30, 10:32   Link #277
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I see, so Blazar praying-like pose everytime he fight is really about "Thank you for this blessings".
I like that this episode fight strongly hinted Blazar is coming from some kind of hunter tribe. Both grateful and ecstatic about his new non-beam weapon.

Retsu is serious but he does care, huh.

Love how it ended with Gento saw his room. Now if only Tsuburaya can stop with their recent obligatory series cameo and recap; Toei, can I get a 30+ years old responsible dad MC for Kamen Rider as well after Gotchard?

Old 2023-09-30, 18:40   Link #278
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I see, so Blazar praying-like pose everytime he fight is really about "Thank you for this blessings".
I like that this episode fight strongly hinted Blazar is coming from some kind of hunter tribe. Both grateful and ecstatic about his new non-beam weapon.

Retsu is serious but he does care, huh.

Love how it ended with Gento saw his room. Now if only Tsuburaya can stop with their recent obligatory series cameo and recap; Toei, can I get a 30+ years old responsible dad MC for Kamen Rider as well after Gotchard?

Well, we did have Hibiki, though that was almost two decades ago...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 09:40   Link #279
justavisitor

Technically Geats is 2000 years old...XD

Nowadays you can't even find a policeman in kamen rider (ironically, Gotachard actually has police but they only come after everything is over)...chance of having a mature world setting in kamen rider is slim

Back to ultraman, man I was expecting a dimension slash (reference to a certain manga) this episode, but this episode is good

Imo, recently ultraman has always become lackluster after it gets the final form...so still have to wait and see

Next week will be another recap??
Old 2023-10-15, 06:35   Link #280
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

V99, is that what will lead to the boss kaiju for this series?

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman