Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 09:54   Link #261
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Weird History of Wonder Woman in TV, Movies and Beyond
Old 2012-02-26, 05:26   Link #262
Samari
World's Greatest

I just finished watching Justice League DOOM. It was average in my opinion. Just seemed like a really long episode of Justice League Unlimited or something to that effect with the same formulaic mantra we've all come to expect. I was kind of disappointed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 06:53   Link #263
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I just finished watching Justice League DOOM. It was average in my opinion. Just seemed like a really long episode of Justice League Unlimited or something to that effect with the same formulaic mantra we've all come to expect. I was kind of disappointed.
There's a new one? I need to get on that right away.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:54   Link #264
james0246

Just as a heads up (for those that care) The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2 will begin April 1, 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
There's a new one? I need to get on that right away.
It's not really worth buying, but if you can rent it in a few days, that would be okay. Plot is thin (yet another retelling of "Tower of Babel"), animation is just okay, but the voice acting is still good (it is, more or less, simply a reunion of a bunch of the actors from the Justice League tv show (though with a few changes)) . Honestly, the best part of the disc was the inclusion of a very good documentary about Dwayne McDuffie (creator of Static Shock, Ben 10, and a writer for a plethora of DC's animation universe) and his impact on comics/films.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-02-26 at 11:07.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:01   Link #265
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just as a heads up (for those that care) The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2 will begin April 1, 2012.
I've been looking very forward to it, I first though YJ would be par to par with this show but this is so much better. Mostly because of the lack of "Hellooo Megan!" and because YJ has so many intervals. The breaks in between is insane, season 1 hasn't even ended yet after a year or so.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:26   Link #266
LifeILL

In the recent Batman comics...

here's what happened to the Joker..

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

Spoiler for "Joker:

Can't wait for them to animate this
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 19:12   Link #267
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I've been looking very forward to it, I first though YJ would be par to par with this show but this is so much better. Mostly because of the lack of "Hellooo Megan!" and because YJ has so many intervals. The breaks in between is insane, season 1 hasn't even ended yet after a year or so.
Yup, I liked Young Justice but like I said a few months back the huge wait periods have really made it difficult to get into. Good thing Avengers is coming back on.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:10   Link #268
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I'm all Batman'd out, tbh. So I'm really looking forward to Superman vs The Elite.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:56   Link #269
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeILL View Post
In the recent Batman comics...

here's what happened to the Joker..

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

Spoiler for "Joker:

Can't wait for them to animate this
But it isn't getting animated, also

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-27, 05:37   Link #270
HasuMasu
*Artist

Am I the only one who read the talk bubble on the right side first?
Old 2012-02-29, 13:36   Link #271
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Am I the only one who read the talk bubble on the right side first?
Nope, cause I read more books and comics than manga
Old 2012-02-29, 19:56   Link #272
Slayerx

So, no talk of Cartoon Network's DC Nation block premiering this saturday? New episodes of Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series, plus a range of DC animated shorts

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaygyal
spider man is one of the most under rated heroes in the marvel universe, i love him so
No idea why you would think he is underated... Spiderman gets some of the most love from Marvel. I mean i think he may have the most animated incarnations out of any Marvel properties. Spiderman and his amazing friends, Spiderman TAS, Spiderman Unlimited, spectacular spiderman, and next up is Ultimate Spiderman coming this year. Really spiderman is one of the most popular characters in the marvel universe.
Old 2012-02-29, 21:09   Link #273
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is the third thing that has made my day better.

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:53   Link #274
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
So, no talk of Cartoon Network's DC Nation block premiering this saturday? New episodes of Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series, plus a range of DC animated shorts

Spoiler:

No idea why you would think he is underated... Spiderman gets some of the most love from Marvel. I mean i think he may have the most animated incarnations out of any Marvel properties. Spiderman and his amazing friends, Spiderman TAS, Spiderman Unlimited, spectacular spiderman, and next up is Ultimate Spiderman coming this year. Really spiderman is one of the most popular characters in the marvel universe.
Spider Man is the mascot of Marvel. I think he has more properties than the X-Men. How the heck is he underrated?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:47   Link #275
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Well I might be discussing it if they didn't air Young Justice in this extremely bizarre and staggered schedule. I didn't even know until I read your post, which I feel like is the case for many who wanted to follow the show and don't regularly watch TV.
Old 2012-03-01, 21:14   Link #276
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Well I might be discussing it if they didn't air Young Justice in this extremely bizarre and staggered schedule. I didn't even know until I read your post, which I feel like is the case for many who wanted to follow the show and don't regularly watch TV.
Yes promotion for the block hasn't been good. There was quite a few commercials mid winter but not that many recently... Unfortunately Cartoon Network is run by monkey's that have been far more concerned with promoting their lil' sports award show and their new live action show instead of their new action animated block... AT any rate, DC nation along with new episodes of Young Justice and Green lantern premieres this Satuday at 10 am.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-03-02 at 00:22.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:21   Link #277
LifeILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Spider Man is the mascot of Marvel. I think he has more properties than the X-Men. How the heck is he underrated?
He's not underrated. He's just overrated.

Spider-Man has been mishandled and terribly written for the last 20 years or so. His comics are the worst on-going comics in Marvel by far (I'm not talking Ultimate Spider-Man, just the main stuff). I really mean that, he hasn't had a good or memorable story since like the early 90s. The writers are scared to push this character for some odd reason.

If you read other Marvel comics like Daredevil, X-Men, Avengers, Captain America, Ironman, these guys go through some crazy, life-changing events. Their characters grow and evolve, the character development in X-Men is just crazy. You have so many things going on, Cyclops becoming Magneto, Professor Xavier leaving the X-Men, Rogue goes to live in Asgard, Storm joining the Fantastic Four, Wolverine and Cyclops hating each other guts etc....characters develop over time.

The problem with Spider-Man, there is no character development whatsoever with this guy. He is exactly the same now as he was in the 60s. Exactly the same, no changes, no nothing. He is still broke and working as a photographer, still a college student, it makes no sense. You can't say this about any other Marvel or DC character.

Hell, even guys like Norman Osbourne and Venom goes through more changes than Spider-Man has in the last 40 years. Makes no sense

Last edited by LifeILL; 2012-03-02 at 20:32.
Old 2012-03-03, 12:34   Link #278
Slayerx

New episode of Young Justice
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeILL View Post
The problem with Spider-Man, there is no character development whatsoever with this guy. He is exactly the same now as he was in the 60s. Exactly the same, no changes, no nothing. He is still broke and working as a photographer, still a college student, it makes no sense. You can't say this about any other Marvel or DC character.
Heh, i don't really read spiderman, but if that is the case then that is a fair point... for how many years has spiderman been a student/photographer? I mean look at X-men; they have essentially gone through three generations of mutants... We had the original group as students, we then moved on to the New mutants as the next line of students, and now they too have become teachers and there is another group of students. You get the feeling that more than a few years had passed since first class. In Spiderman's case, you would think that he would atleast Graduate from college and get a real job as a scientist or something.

Not to mention you also have crap like One More Day which basically worked to undo major some of the more serious changes in his life; his marriage, revealing his secret identity and the death of aunt may. Thinking about it, it really does seem Marvel is scared to let him change and try to stick him to the status quo.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:46   Link #279
LifeILL

Quote:

Heh, i don't really read spiderman, but if that is the case then that is a fair point... for how many years has spiderman been a student/photographer? I mean look at X-men; they have essentially gone through three generations of mutants... We had the original group as students, we then moved on to the New mutants as the next line of students, and now they too have become teachers and there is another group of students. You get the feeling that more than a few years had passed since first class. In Spiderman's case, you would think that he would atleast Graduate from college and get a real job as a scientist or something.

Not to mention you also have crap like One More Day which basically worked to undo major some of the more serious changes in his life; his marriage, revealing his secret identity and the death of aunt may. Thinking about it, it really does seem Marvel is scared to let him change and try to stick him to the status quo.

Yep, the whole Civil War and Back in Black was a perfect way to bring some character development to Spider-Man, although I wasn't a big fan of the story itself, at least they tried to bring changes on him. With the whole world knowing who he is, and him being on the run from Ironman was just great tension. And then what happens? Some prick in Marvel thinks that Spider-Man stories are getting waaaay too dark and mature so they decide to press the reset button all over again. It's terrible.

I say out of all the Marvel stuff I read, the most consistent and best comic has to be Daredevil, this guy goes through stuff that will make Peter Parker crawl under a rock. Ghost Rider and the Hulk is also pretty well-written for most of the time.

If you want to read Spider-Man stuff then read Ultimate Spider-Man, Venom, or Spider-Girl, they're much much better written than any of the main titles
Old 2012-03-04, 11:53   Link #280
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Saw the new Young Justice episode.

Spoiler: