Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-05, 10:13   Link #261
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'll have you know good sir, that I watched Argevollen and enjoyed it.
I'll second that. I wish it had a second season in fact. When G-Tekkutsu was first announced, that was the first anime I've thought about.
Old 2015-10-06, 00:28   Link #262
NWJY
Newbei Enter

I think i know why it remind me of Wing series and OO series...
The Mc in both series involve in terrorism and is a trained soldier... which kinda give me impression on current mc
The girl in both series also naive about war and want to stop it to achieve peace.. I think that golden hair girl will also act the same
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 04:09   Link #263
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...pisodes/.93827

Don't knew whether the topic has been discussed here yet but Blu-Ray listings seems to suggest that show will be two cours (one cour = 10-14 episodes). Twenty five episodes to be exact in this case.
Old 2015-10-06, 04:39   Link #264
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Perfect. Two-cour is actually the perfect length for a single season compared to straight 37-50 episodes. Not too long and not too short, and shouldn’t allow much fillers. It better not be split-cour though. That would most likely have negative effect on the momentum of the story.
Old 2015-10-06, 04:56   Link #265
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

Don't knew whether the topic has been discussed here yet but Blu-Ray listings seems to suggest that show will be two cours (one cour = 10-14 episodes). Twenty five episodes to be exact in this case.
DING!

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Perfect. Two-cour is actually the perfect length for a single season compared to straight 37-50 episodes. Not too long and not too short, and shouldn’t allow much fillers. It better not be split-cour though. That would most likely have negative effect on the momentum of the story.
This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
I think i know why it remind me of Wing series and OO series...
The Mc in both series involve in terrorism and is a trained soldier... which kinda give me impression on current mc
The girl in both series also naive about war and want to stop it to achieve peace.. I think that golden hair girl will also act the same
Wait since when was Mika/3rd Group terrorists? Nothing in ep1 confirms this
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 09:08   Link #266
darkdhaos

Quote:

I like the idea of 25 episodes but, I believe that they're going to make a 2 seasons show like in Gundam 00. A first season that shows the orphans as kids, and a 2nd one with the orphans as adults, but that would depend on the reception of this series.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 09:15   Link #267
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Gusion is officially the Gundam in this series.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The V-fin is hidden inside 'huh, I'm surprised.

I wonder if it'll have some kind of 'cast-off' feature or capability to change the armor into various type of attack / weapon.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 10:43   Link #268
Skaddix

Meh only GBF has gotten a sequel of late and GBFT barely counts as a sequel same universe I guess but the connections outside of Meijin showing up fairly often were limited at best.

No point in greenlighting sequels until a series proves a success.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 13:40   Link #269
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well I'm bummed it won't be 50 episodes, but oh well. I'm.still eager to see the whole thing. If anything I hope they turn out legions of MS designs like G-Reco did.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 15:04   Link #270
Wandering Soul

Quote:

That sounds like a reasonable amount of episodes. They may have a second season but let's see how this one does for now.
Old 2015-10-06, 19:25   Link #271
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
The V-fin is hidden inside 'huh, I'm surprised.

I wonder if it'll have some kind of 'cast-off' feature or capability to change the armor into various type of attack / weapon.
I'm not to be honest, since I sort of called it. However I called for a second form and it turns out that it's just a similar looking frame to Barbatos. This seems to suggest that all the other Gundam frame look like this, much like the "Gundam Frame" profile from Barbatos.

At this point, I suspect the similar Gubdam frame designs are because Bandai wants to save money on runners for the model kits.

Still that "light green" Gusion puzzles me. It looks similar to the original lineart but a little bit different as well. It may actually look like it has normal legs but hard to tell for sure since we only see the top half.
Old 2015-10-07, 19:48   Link #272
Skye629

Quote:
I'm not to be honest, since I sort of called it. However I called for a second form and it turns out that it's just a similar looking frame to Barbatos. This seems to suggest that all the other Gundam frame look like this, much like the "Gundam Frame" profile from Barbatos.

At this point, I suspect the similar Gubdam frame designs are because Bandai wants to save money on runners for the model kits.

Still that "light green" Gusion puzzles me. It looks similar to the original lineart but a little bit different as well. It may actually look like it has normal legs but hard to tell for sure since we only see the top half.
You're talking about that MS that looks like a mass produced Gusion right? Its legs are not normal/the same as the Gusion
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 21:53   Link #273
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Some rather bad news regarding the first episode tv rating.

A casual surfing through the Gundam tieba (chinese forum) found that the list of tv ratings for last weekend's animes has been posted. IBO is not even in the top 10, and 10th's tv rating is 3.0%. It's not a good start at all. The general consensus is that, while a Gundam series focuses on selling toys, it is important to have high tv rating as well, especially on Sunday TBS timeslot. To compare, AGE's 1st episode has a 3.8%.

The list in question:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-10-07, 22:04   Link #274
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yeah that IS bad news for a prime timeslot like that.

It's only speculation at this point since it can be other things but I wonder whether part of it is general Gundam fatigue, like in the 90s?
Old 2015-10-07, 22:44   Link #275
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Some rather bad news regarding the first episode tv rating.

A casual surfing through the Gundam tieba (chinese forum) found that the list of tv ratings for last weekend's animes has been posted. IBO is not even in the top 10, and 10th's tv rating is 3.0%. It's not a good start at all. The general consensus is that, while a Gundam series focuses on selling toys, it is important to have high tv rating as well, especially on Sunday TBS timeslot. To compare, AGE's 1st episode has a 3.8%.

The list in question:
Spoiler:
Shit.

Don’t tell me this is gonna be like Gundam X: a good series that got cancelled due to whatever reasons. Then again, can they really cancel a two-cour series? I hope not. It happened before to the ‘supposedly’ 4-cour series like X & AGE. I hope the rating will pick up steam later on coz it’s definitely better than G-Reco & AGE so far. I hope Okada already prepared a good ending & resolution at the end of this season in case the show doesn’t get a sequel due to poor rating.
Old 2015-10-08, 00:10   Link #276
The 48th Ronin

The OP has a lot of foreshadowing.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 05:06   Link #277
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Shit.

Don’t tell me this is gonna be like Gundam X: a good series that got cancelled due to whatever reasons. Then again, can they really cancel a two-cour series? I hope not. It happened before to the ‘supposedly’ 4-cour series like X & AGE. I hope the rating will pick up steam later on coz it’s definitely better than G-Reco & AGE so far. I hope Okada already prepared a good ending & resolution at the end of this season in case the show doesn’t get a sequel due to poor rating.
Yeah, Gundam X suffered because it was preceded by a few four cour Gundam shown continuously in a row which caused Gundam fatigue within the audience. My speculation of before was of something similar since we have had quite a lot of Gundam shows lately.

But it could also be because of other reasons. Like for example, the buildup to the show than the actual show itself. I myself wasn't that excited for this series in the weeks running up to it though not to the point where I wasn't going to check it out. My excitement for it mostly came after the first episode.

I'm curious on how it compares to G-Reco the ratings but it's not comparable because it aired at Friday mornings at 2AM, whereas IBO airs at Sunday 5PM.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:22   Link #278
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Has anyone ever considered that ratings may no longer be as relevant as it is in the current media environment as it once was, considering the proliferation of online media sites and online television?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 05:34   Link #279
Tenzen12

Show is not made of first episode only. It was good, if quality is keeped rating will go up. If it start suck... well that would be REAL problem
Old 2015-10-08, 05:50   Link #280
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Has anyone ever considered that ratings may no longer be as relevant as it is in the current media environment as it once was, considering the proliferation of online media sites and online television?
Hell, that's been speculated since Gundam AGE aired. The real question is, does Sunrise understand this?