3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-21, 08:58   Link #261
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On Mirage - I think if you perceive the stars of Delta as being Hayate and all five members of Walkure, then Mirage doesn't look that bad anymore. Mirage is fine for a show's 7th most important character (which is the most she can be if Hayate and all of Walkure are ahead of her). Mirage's characterization is fairly consistent, she comes across as a good loyal responsible soldier, she's a good friend to the people she becomes friends with, she has pretty good emotional range, and I can understand her feelings of inadequacy given her highly successful celebrity grandparents. Mirage also has a nice and solid character design.

Mirage could mainly use a memorable moment of coolness for her biggest fans to hang their hats on, I think. Her character doesn't seem downright broken to me, as long as you don't expect her to be the show's 2nd or 3rd most important character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Ehhh they would be really boring shows honestly. Triangles are about balance, the rivals need to have things the other lacks to keep things interesting. It's why they often just go with innocent vs experienced as it's the easiest to understand and fight over. Also...Mikumo's entire point is to be really non-human trying to become her own so she would likely not even insert herself into that triangle scenario. On the Frey/Haya/Ranka end, Freya would win, because Ranka isn't aggressive enough to fight with a girl who has 15 years left to live. Hayate also doesn't have a bishounen's face the drive is pretty gone. She'd be friendzoned.
Good points.
Old 2016-08-21, 09:06   Link #262
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mirage could mainly use a memorable moment of coolness for her biggest fans to hang their hats on, I think. Her character doesn't seem downright broken to me, as long as you don't expect her to be the show's 2nd or 3rd most important character.
Most don't consider her 2nd or 3rd since Mikumo is there.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 09:14   Link #263
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
^ Well, Mirage is probably also fine if you view her as the 4th or 5th most important character.

How Mirage compares to Kaname, Makina, and Reina is probably debatable. But yeah, I agree that Mikumo is now a Top 3 character for this show, when it comes to plot importance and promotional importance (Mikumo is pretty prominent in the 2nd OP).