AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-06, 18:43   Link #261
DeathMetalBunny

This seems like a quite interesting series. I like what I have been able to read so far thanks to the genrious translators and summaries. My most sincere and heartfelt thanks.

It starts off with the videogame start and ventures off into fantasy. Rather than an OP hero MC it feels more like a OP villan MC and that has a pleant twist to the read that helps diferintiate from the ever growing genra of videogame world based stories.
DeathMetalBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:12   Link #262
Rahuman
Masked Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
here is the chinese raw for vol 1 and 2, and japanese raw for volume 4 and 5 if you want it.
http://www.wenku8.cn/novel/1/1592/index.htm
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW8stFu
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGsmHLk
Thank you and putting this in the first post, I don't know why but I feel so evil after seeing the illustration.
Rahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 21:22   Link #263
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

The raw for vol 2 is missing two pics. I'll update them later.

Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 09:11   Link #264
Mimix

And the first actual chapter is out.

I would like to say sorry for various things.
First of all due to first posting it now(well various happened yesterday and the day before).
And for it being so messy(had various summarizing problems, and ended up with a short summary, a very detailed one, and even a somewhat partial translation :/)
Old 2014-09-07, 10:07   Link #265
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimix View Post
And the first actual chapter is out.

I would like to say sorry for various things.
First of all due to first posting it now(well various happened yesterday and the day before).
And for it being so messy(had various summarizing problems, and ended up with a short summary, a very detailed one, and even a somewhat partial translation :/)
Thanks Mimix
Old 2014-09-09, 04:39   Link #266
CoCayn

Since chapter 2 part 4 is huuuuge, Ghoststaker and I are gonna both work on it. We will try to release everything by the end of this week (If we can't finish it, we will release half). Namorax will be our editor/proofreader from now on
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 16:50   Link #267
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
Since chapter 2 part 4 is huuuuge, Ghoststaker and I are gonna both work on it. We will try to release everything by the end of this week (If we can't finish it, we will release half). Namorax will be our editor/proofreader from now on
Chapter 2 of Volume 1?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 20:00   Link #268
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
Chapter 2 of Volume 1?
Yes, the last part of Chapter 2 of Volume 1
Old 2014-09-09, 20:59   Link #269
Namorax

Hi everyone,
I'm Namoax and CoCayn was willing to give me a chance as an Editor for Overlord. I'll try to give it my best to offer a smooth read, but since I can't read chinese/japanese my skills might be limited.

If I make a blunder (or you think a certain sentence can be improved), feel free to post it here and I'll have a look at it.

In order to kill some time until I get to work on part 4, I decided to start at the beginning (c1p2) and see what I can do. If I screw up over the course of my editing, feel free to point out my mistakes.

Spoiler for things I noticed and thought about during my editing:

PS: My personal opinion is that a translator/editor should try to stay as close to the original meaning as possible. Most of the times a literal translations is impossible due to cultural differences but as long as the meaning is properly conveyed you can consider it a job well done. Which is why I'll tend to ask multiple questions and/or look for more information before commiting to a certain changes.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 23:59   Link #270
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm Namoax and CoCayn was willing to give me a chance as an Editor for Overlord. I'll try to give it my best to offer a smooth read, but since I can't read chinese/japanese my skills might be limited.

If I make a blunder (or you think a certain sentence can be improved), feel free to post it here and I'll have a look at it.

In order to kill some time until I get to work on part 4, I decided to start at the beginning (c1p2) and see what I can do. If I screw up over the course of my editing, feel free to point out my mistakes.

PS: My personal opinion is that a translator/editor should try to stay as close to the original meaning as possible. Most of the times a literal translations is impossible due to cultural differences but as long as the meaning is properly conveyed you can consider it a job well done. Which is why I'll tend to ask multiple questions and/or look for more information before commiting to a certain changes.
From now, both our release speed and quality will improve greatly
Old 2014-09-10, 01:00   Link #271
Mimix

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Hey Namorax

Spoiler for Regarding your questions:

Ps. Summary for Chapter 2 should be out by today or tomorrow, if not then definetely by friday this week.
Trying to aim for something between Prologue 2 and Chapter 1 short summary. Though I guess it is likely, that it will end up like Prologue 2.
Old 2014-09-10, 03:29   Link #272
nightmares

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Wow cool, thank you for the hard work.
nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 05:14   Link #273
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

thanks namorax, and to answer one of your question, Nazrick is the name of the tomb.
Old 2014-09-10, 08:28   Link #274
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
thanks namorax, and to answer one of your question, Nazrick is the name of the tomb.
Thanks for trying to answer, but this doesn't really cover my problem:
Let's use this as an example:
Quote:
This room is the last line of defense to protect the Tomb of Nazarick's core.
After reading this, I want to go with
Quote:
This room is the last line of defense to protect the core of Nazarick's Tomb.
If Nazarick is the name of a person, this would be a proper sentence, but if the dungeon's name originates from its location, then I have to use the original sentence. My issue is primarily this: is he talking about "the core of the tomb of Nazarick" or "the core of the tomb in Nazarick"? Of course, its also possible that this is "Nazarick, the Great Tomb" but tbh I think this isn't very probable since it is always called "of Nazarick".
I lack the context to decide either way, so I'd prefer to fuss over this for a while instead of having to correct everything when a later chapter reveals more information about the situation. If this is an unimportant detail then it doesn't matter if I get it wrong (except it would bother me to no end). I tend to err on the side of caution...^^ As for now, I'll just assume it is the tomb of Nazarick until I get information that debunks this notion.

And here's the next batch of editing thoughts:
Spoiler for Editing Notes for the last half of c1p2:

With this c1p2 would be finished. Feedback about the changes would be welcome, since there are places I rephrased rather liberally. In the end, I think the changes improve the reading experience and I did what I could to the best of my abilities. I'll start with c1p3 this evening and I'll probably keep posting these Editing notes for c2p1-3. Once I get c2part 4 I'll (probably) annoy ask Ghoststaker and Cocayn similar questions. Should people feel I screwed up somewhere, I downloaded the whole document in its pre-edit state. Just in case I need to undo something...

Last edited by Namorax; 2014-09-10 at 08:47.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 04:59   Link #275
CoCayn

Part 4 is wholly translated and we are working on the editing. We will probably release it on Saturday or Sunday. More information to come
Old 2014-09-11, 06:18   Link #276
nightmares

Spoiler for :

I think that part is correct. That's why he didn't like it and changed her personality to a lover instead of a slut lol.
nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 11:58   Link #277
Ghoststaker

The LN is so impossibly long... Like way longer than the WN... Least it adds more detail than the WN though... Albedo (LN) being the leader is better than Demiurge (WN) in my opinion.
Ghoststaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 14:59   Link #278
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
The LN is so impossibly long... Like way longer than the WN... Least it adds more detail than the WN though... Albedo (LN) being the leader is better than Demiurge (WN) in my opinion.
Agreed, she is more resourceful and less evil.(kind of)
Old 2014-09-11, 20:56   Link #279
CoCayn

We need a bit help from someone who understands Chinese. This sentences is really confusing. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler for Chinese raw:
Old 2014-09-11, 21:48   Link #280
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
We need a bit help from someone who understands Chinese. This sentences is really confusing. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler for Chinese raw:
I'll do it, here is the translation.
Shalltear let out a stiff smile, aura was the same (can also be translated as did the same), and albedo kept on knodding her head in agreement.
"...Count Terror. Very well, it would be the best to also notify the area guardians. Then please notify gren, grant and the other area guardian. This job is to be given to the floor guardians.

It's a name, so terror baron or count terror would work.

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination