AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-10-20, 09:41   Link #261
GDB

Looks awesome. Reminds me of a lot of the more "thinky" movies Hugh Jackman's done like Prisoner, but just happens to contain super powers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 12:29   Link #262
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That should be interesting. Although now they've got another odd time based issue to cover with the whole "all the mutants are dead a few decades in the future" bit. Well it's not like the X-Men timeline hasn't gotten ungodly confusing anyways. Might as well tell some fun stories and not worry about it making sense.

Should be a good movie. They are going to go ahead and tell the story they want to tell. Should make for a solid (likely last) appearance for Jackman as Wolverine.
Old 2016-10-20, 12:31   Link #263
GDB

I'm sure it'll be the last "big" appearance of Jackman as Wolverine, but I don't believe he wouldn't do small cameos in other movies.
Old 2016-11-10, 03:30   Link #264
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So depending if Logan and Deadpool 2 does well or not, the X-Men movie universe might get a reboot...and possibly join the MCU.
Old 2016-11-10, 04:27   Link #265
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The X-Men verse is so complicated that rebooting it probably would make the most sense. I don't know about them actually joining with the MCU, but at least the reboot has some sense. First Class could have been the reboot if they had stuck to it and resisted bringing in Wolverine and then following up with Days of Future Past.

Curious to see how things turn out. I enjoyed the first couple X-Men movies when they came out and didn't have a problem with the newer ones. They aren't near the top of the super hero pile for me, but that's not a shot against them.

On the speculation side....I will admit that joining the X-Men with the MCU would make for an awesome situation. Could have mutants in another part of the multiverse and just have them cross paths with the other heroes when the plot demands it. That would be interesting. Of course wouldn't bet on it happening. Not that I would have guessed Spidey would be part of the MCU either so anything can happen.
Old 2016-11-10, 05:19   Link #266
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Now if only Marvel would make a movie with a character that could introduce the idea of alternate universes...
Old 2016-11-15, 03:03   Link #267
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ TV Series Will Arrive via Imax Theaters

So the InHumans movie has been rebooted from a Phase 3 movie to a TV series.
Old 2016-11-19, 10:52   Link #268
GDB

On ABC? It's so getting canned before it airs.
Old 2016-11-19, 13:56   Link #269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In the end I can actually support the move. Seems like the kind of cast and plot potential that might work better in a tv show. Give them several hours to develop plots rather than only 2.

And really they don't need to force an Inhumans movie. More than enough possibilities to work with for the main MCU movies.
Old 2017-02-10, 23:38   Link #270
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Get Hype!
Old 2017-02-11, 03:59   Link #271
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This is going to be something amazing. We're finally getting to this huge clash with Thanos and bringing a lot of the key players in the MCU together. The Avengers, the Guardians, heck even Spidey will be involved in this.

As awesome as the Avengers was when it came out, I sure hope this just blows that out of the water. That movie was a true event as the first time we saw that kind of live action superhero team-up. And this is just going to another level with that.

The hype is there. Now we just have to wait till next year...
Old 2017-02-11, 19:10   Link #272
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Plus Doctor Strange. His group has another one of the Infinity Stones. And if Marvel wants a true get-together, Coulson will reveal himself and join in with the Avengers.

The Hype is fatal. I don't know if I'll survive it for a year.......
Old 2017-02-11, 19:19   Link #273
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Plus Doctor Strange. His group has another one of the Infinity Stones. And if Marvel wants a true get-together, Coulson will reveal himself and join in with the Avengers.

The Hype is fatal. I don't know if I'll survive it for a year.......
I'm still not entirely positive they aren't just going to kill Coulson off again whenever SHIELD gets canceled, just so they never have to deal with writing him back into the movies.
Old 2017-02-11, 20:36   Link #274
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The cast involved in this upcoming movie is insane to consider. They are going to have all kinds of crazy characters to throw up against Thanos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm still not entirely positive they aren't just going to kill Coulson off again whenever SHIELD gets canceled, just so they never have to deal with writing him back into the movies.
I could see that happening. Don't have to worry about making Coulson fit, just kill him off. Not like they aren't basically setting up Daisy to be the Director assuming the show goes forward anyways. No more Coulson, no more having to integrate him.

Considering the TV and Movie divisions are seemingly at odds with Marvel, they might get rid of Coulson no matter what to limit the ties between the TV and Film. Despite that they all exist in the same MCU.
Old 2017-02-11, 21:00   Link #275
GDB

Logically speaking, the Avengers should know about Coulson being alive by now. In the episode a few weeks back, Phil was repeatedly photographed at that Senate hearing. It really makes it hard to accept SHIELD as being an actual part of the MCU rather than just expensive fanfiction. At least the Netflix series has a good reason (street level heroes, keep to themselves, etc) for not being integral to the movies' lore.
Old 2017-02-12, 09:16   Link #276
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I feel sorry for the actors of AOS who would love to have cameo appearances in the MCU movies and have the MCU movies and Netflix characters cameo appear in their show as well but can't due to "corporate stuff".
Old 2017-02-13, 00:06   Link #277
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If they can get past the "corporate stuff", then writing him back in should be simple enough, considering all the in-universe exposure he's gotten since coming back. The only necessity is to break it to the movie-only watchers.
Quote:
Coulson: (enters from off-screen) "...And that's where SHIELD comes in."
Cap: "Coulson! You're alive!? But Loki killed you!"
Coulson: "I got better."
Cap: (speechless, looks around at his fellow Avengers)
Natasha: (looks down as Cap turns to her)
Thor: (looks away sheepishly as Cap looks at him)
Tony: (starts whistling tunelessly as Cap turns to him)
Cap: "You guys all knew?"
Clint: "Well, he's been all over TV since SHIELD came back..."
Spidey: "That's where I've seen you!"
Cap: (sighs) "I don't watch television..."
Old 2017-02-13, 03:16   Link #278
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I feel sorry for the actors of AOS who would love to have cameo appearances in the MCU movies and have the MCU movies and Netflix characters cameo appear in their show as well but can't due to "corporate stuff".
It's all Permutter. He is like Obadiah Stone in Ironman 1, he saved Marvel in its darkest hour but now he had to be removed from power if MCU is to reach its full potential. His reward is the TV universe, where he can continue to insist on penny pinching and blocking merchandise and toys from containing females.

Permutter is being isolated in the TV universe where he could do the least damage. Where he can brutally stop stories containing female villains from being made like he did with Ironman3. He was the right man for the job once, and in a way he was a hero, but he has now lived long enough to become a villain, and his velvet prison is the TV world.
Old 2017-02-14, 03:45   Link #279
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Has anyone else heard the THANOS theory for the stones. Specifically that each letter in his name clues in for the previous incarnation of a stone.

T - Tesseract for Space
H -
A - Aether for Reality
N - Necklace (Eye of Agamotto) for Time
O - Orb for Power
S - Scepter for Mind

The blank H suggests that the Soul stone is someone or something linked to the letter H. One would assume it relates to Adam Warlock but some have suggested it literally means Hela, who will be a major character in Ragnarok. Also unless I am mistaken Ragnarol should be the final movie before the saga begins.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 09:27   Link #280
B214

There's still Black Panther before Infinity Wars. I doubt Black Panther would involve the Infinity Stone though. That said the H could stand for 1 thing/person, Howard the Duck. And the entire Infinity War film focuses on Thanos trying to catch Howard the Duck..
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe