AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-04, 05:47   Link #261
AP24

From the Saegusa side, Mayumi was the one who was most shocked as expected. Mayumi's father is planning on doing similar thing Masaki's father is doing. He asked Mayumi and her sisters about what they think of Tatsuya, and then planning on having Mayumi marrying Tatsuya. So the obstacles aren't from Mayumi and Masaki only but also from their fathers.

So far we only have the reactions from Ichijou and Saegusa families. I am looking forward to see Katsuto's reaction. The news from the Yotsuba was also sent to the Hundred Families so we might get to know the reactions from Erika and her brothers, Mari, Kei and Kanon, and Morisaki earlier than the rest.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 05:53   Link #262
expertsource

i don't think that we will see a big event in vol17, there are a lot of things that need to be covered by all families' perspective and 10 master clans'. also because 17 and 18 are two part, i think the big things will be shown in vol 18. so keep your expectations low. let's see what initiation of event we will see.

Last edited by expertsource; 2015-08-04 at 05:55. Reason: edited
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 05:55   Link #263
Zeborg

Both of those plans won't work, simply based on the fact that they'd have to send Mayumi/Masaki over to the Yotsuba.
Does no one else see how that would be counterproductive in and of itself? I'm a bit underwhelmed at the motives of both Koichi and Gouki.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 05:55   Link #264
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
From the Saegusa side, Mayumi was the one who was most shocked as expected. Mayumi's father is planning on doing similar thing Masaki's father is doing. He asked Mayumi and her sisters about what they think of Tatsuya, and then planning on having Mayumi marrying Tatsuya. So the obstacles aren't from Mayumi and Masaki only but also from their fathers.

So far we only have the reactions from Ichijou and Saegusa families. I am looking forward to see Katsuto's reaction. The news from the Yotsuba was also sent to the Hundred Families so we might get to know the reactions from Erika and her brothers, Mari, Kei and Kanon, and Morisaki earlier than the rest.
The Saegusa and the Ichijou are going to earn ire of the world's most dangerous human being.

I am not talking about Tatsuya or Maya. I'm talking about Miyuki.

Miyuki is the single most dangerous being in the world in Mahouka because she holds the absolute loyalty of the one guy who can destroy the world with a pull of a trigger.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:06   Link #265
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
Both of those plans won't work, simply based on the fact that they'd have to send Mayumi/Masaki over to the Yotsuba.
Does no one else see how that would be counterproductive in and of itself? I'm a bit underwhelmed at the motives of both Koichi and Gouki.
Maybe Koichi thinks that he could get Tatsuya out from Yotsuba; he doesn't really know about Tatsuya and Miyuki situation; there's no way for Tatsuya to be willingly separated from Miyuki and vice versa. I don't care about their motive but if it could make Koichi, Gouki and Maya verbal attack each other , it's worth it
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:12   Link #266
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
Maybe Koichi thinks that he could get Tatsuya out from Yotsuba; he doesn't really know about Tatsuya and Miyuki situation; there's no way for Tatsuya to be willingly separated from Miyuki and vice versa. I don't care about their motive but if it could make Koichi, Gouki and Maya verbal attack each other , it's worth it
Yeah, well it's just strange that your attempt to "weaken the Yotsuba" is to send highly talented magicians over to Yotsuba. Both Gouki and Koichi.
Old 2015-08-04, 06:19   Link #267
maypayne

These guys don't know what they are dealing with here.
They are all going t fail for the simple reason that unlike their kids, Tatsuya is his own man.

There is a good reason why is own clan is afraid of him. So who that person who is going to force him to marry someone else or make Miyuki unhappy.

And to add another difficulty, they have to deal with Maya.
maypayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:27   Link #268
solhaz

Quote:
Yeah, well it's just strange that your attempt to "weaken the Yotsuba" is to send highly talented magicians over to Yotsuba. Both Gouki and Koichi.
Well, at least Gouki doesn't have any motive to weaken Yotsuba, it's all only for his son happiness; whereas Koichi.... he just doesn't know who he is dealing with. Koichi must have not read 'Art of War: know yourself and know your enemy'; he doesn't do his homework about Yotsuba especially Maya, Tatsuya and Miyuki; he is going to fail.
Old 2015-08-04, 06:32   Link #269
Kadia

Did Koichi really say that Mayumi is betrothed to Tatsuya over the phone without either one's knowing? Such a huge beggar, i was like Wow this guy cannot be saved anymore. At least, get the consent from your daughter first. Not to mention he hasn't met Tat even once.

And what's wrong with Gouki's brain so what if your son is in love, what the hell give you the right to interfere with other party. Such a lame excuse of father's love is not gonna cut it for conspiracy with Koichi.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:43   Link #270
Echizen777

Logically thinking Koichi should promote the twins as candidates, not Mayumi, who is wanted by two families which have good relations. He has enough daughters to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Here's the problem about that guy...The Ichijou's lifestyle is wholly different compare to the Yotsuba's lifestyle.

The Ichijou has a lifestyle of honorable soldiers.

The Yotsuba's has a lifestyle of assassins.

Masaki won't be able to live properly within the Yotsuba,,,
Frankly, this is irrelevant, his interest for her as nothing to do with their families lifestyle, who even cares about this that much when he wants to go out with someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
LOL that phrase wouldn't do in this case since Miyuki isn't in love with Masaki.

Well, it's legal in Japan and my country too, at least we don't see it as such a taboo here. My mother's cousins family (my mother generations though) all married cousin with cousin; none of them have any issue with their childrens. It might have risk but it's very very small.

It is legal and there are less risks but the fact is that these risks still exist, it works as an argument. Miyuki's love for Tatsuya is also one-sided, it is all a matter of interest.

Quote:
The same Tatsuya who was forced by Maya in the previous volume? They fear him because he's an aberration and he had some privileges with the contract, he can't do whatever he wants especially now that he is recognized As Maya's son, all is in her hands.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:59   Link #271
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The same Tatsuya who was forced by Maya in the previous volume? They fear him because he's an aberration and he had some privileges with the contract, he can't do whatever he wants especially now that he is recognized As Maya's son, all is in her hands.
..What? Wrong quote?

And the increased risk of defects between first cousins is in the single digits, it's statistically pretty irrelevant. In practice if the child has defects it probably would have gotten defects regardless of relation.
Also, Miyuki's love for Tatsuya, isn't exactly one sided.
Old 2015-08-04, 07:10   Link #272
solhaz

Quote:

It is legal and there are less risks but the fact is that these risks still exist, it works as an argument. Miyuki's love for Tatsuya is also one-sided, it is all a matter of interest.

LOL an argument that could be easily shut down later by Maya without breaking a sweat; if it's legal it means even a country recognize that the risk are so so small, it doesn't effect much to the children.
Old 2015-08-04, 07:10   Link #273
Echizen777

Quote:
..What? Wrong quote?

And the increased risk of defects between first cousins is in the single digits, it's statistically pretty irrelevant. In practice if the child has defects it probably would have gotten defects regardless of relation.
Also, Miyuki's love for Tatsuya, isn't exactly one sided.
Meant to quote maypayne. I do know that the risks are minor but it doesn't matter, the risks exist so it is a valid argument. Miyuki's love is one-sided no matter how strong Tatsuys brotherly love is.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 07:24   Link #274
amtro
Distro

Actually there is a greater risk of defects in children with older mothers.
Old 2015-08-04, 07:35   Link #275
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

Quote:
Meant to quote maypayne. I do know that the risks are minor but it doesn't matter, the risks exist so it is a valid argument. Miyuki's love is one-sided no matter how strong Tatsuys brotherly love is.

If it's legal it's legal. Having risks is, in some way, a valid point, however even strangers have some risk to produce genetically defective offsprings.

This is politics.

I don't think Gouki is caring for the well being of Yotsuba's children. If they had weak offsprings all 10 MC would be benefitted.

Kudou, Koichi and Gouki, all they want is to have Yotsuba's genes in their grasps.

If Masaki became Yotsuba he would still be his son. He liking Miyuki is just a convenient way to justify his action.

But, you know, I can see Masaki X Miyuki as a good matching, though I hope not this way. Masaki is not his father's object.

Based on what everybody said, Mayumi will be happy to know she may marry Tatsuya.

Hey, Mari already has a fiancee!

(Pardon my english)
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 07:35   Link #276
maypayne

First of all, he was not forced to marry Miyuki. If that was the case Maya wouldn't have taken the time to try to convince him in the first place.

She didn't bother with Miyuki and I'm sure she wouldn't have bothered with anyone else because most of them are afraid of her.

Even after, Tatsuya left the room, she wasn’t sure that he was going to do it. Hayama had to reassure her that it was going to work because of Miyuki.

If you read those parts properly, you would have seen that Tatsuya only accepted after seeing how much Miyuki had been suffering about being engaged to another man and the fact that she was in love with him.

Nobody forced him to tell Miyuki he will try hard to see her as a woman or to marry her, he could have easily said no if he wanted.

This is only dramas for people who are desperate for a different outcome. Logically speaking and this novel has been following to the letter, there is no way any of those families will be able to change anything because of the people they are dealing with.

And to close my case: their engagement has already been announced officially. Only a shady family would want to force a marriage with someone from their own family. The man is already taken and the woman is also taken, so what are they trying to achieve?

Honestly, this would been debatable if this had come before vol 16, but after what we learned from vol 16, for me this is just a way for the author to waste space on this volume with the unnecessary drama.
Old 2015-08-04, 07:45   Link #277
amtro
Distro

Hot off the presses. Izumi lost it and scared even Koichi with her lesbo talk when he announced the news.

Additional details (credit: anon):
Spoiler for :

Koichi and Gouki are also scheming together to break up the two.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-08-04 at 08:05.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:07   Link #278
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Hot off the presses. Izumi lost it and scared even Koichi with her lesbo talk when he announced the news.

Additional details (credit: anon):
Spoiler for :

Koichi and Gouki are also scheming together to break up the two.
As some, including me, suspected Gouki is plotting with someone else.

Ara...
I would like to ask Satou what's the point of all this drama.
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:08   Link #279
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by maypayne View Post
First of all, he was not forced to marry Miyuki. If that was the case Maya wouldn't have taken the time to try to convince him in the first place.

Blah blah blah
Echizen777 didn't say anything about Tatsuya being forced to marry Miyuki, Echizen777 said that Miyuki's romantic feeling for Tatsuya is one sided which it is.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:10   Link #280
maypayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Echizen777 didn't say anything about Tatsuya being forced to marry Miyuki, Echizen777 said that Miyuki's romantic feeling for Tatsuya is one sided which it is.
here it is: The same Tatsuya who was forced by Maya in the previous volume?

Tags
political intrigue