Notices

Old 2024-01-17, 01:04   Link #261
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 248:
Old 2024-01-17, 06:57   Link #262
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So Kenjaku is dead? Either that was the most anticlimatic way to kill the puppetmaster from Shibuya or he is somehow hiding. Still, with the way Sukuna has been treating his enemies, this might as well end like Devilman.
Old 2024-01-19, 05:22   Link #263
WingedAccelerator

The strongest curse, JoGOAT instantly made the chapter a 10/10.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 08:25   Link #264
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The strongest curse, JoGOAT instantly made the chapter a 10/10.
He truly can stand proud. He lives on in Sukuna's heart.
Old 2024-01-19, 14:12   Link #265
Shadow5YA

I knew that an instant death sword would be too broken to work on the main villain of the series, but if you're going to make a big deal about curses persisting after death, at least make it consistent.

If Judgeman's confiscation still works, then the Executioner Sword should have too. They could have at least made it so that Sukuna just dodged it or something.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 19:36   Link #266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I knew that an instant death sword would be too broken to work on the main villain of the series, but if you're going to make a big deal about curses persisting after death, at least make it consistent.

If Judgeman's confiscation still works, then the Executioner Sword should have too. They could have at least made it so that Sukuna just dodged it or something.
I actually thought Higuruma's death was part of the plan in order to make his sword stronger, but nope, it just goes poof as soon as he dies.

Rather curious what they're going to do with the corpses. I think Sukuna severely underestimates Shoko, and she could possibly bring Gojo back with a really strong binding vow.
Old 2024-01-19, 20:51   Link #267
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually thought Higuruma's death was part of the plan in order to make his sword stronger, but nope, it just goes poof as soon as he dies.

Rather curious what they're going to do with the corpses. I think Sukuna severely underestimates Shoko, and she could possibly bring Gojo back with a really strong binding vow.
It is part of the plan.

Higuruma been looking for a way to die since he lose to Yuji resolve, unable to bear guilt killing people he deemed corrupt and guilty. It just Yuji told him to hold that decision until Higuruma help Jujutsu High since they need more allies, similar to Hakari recruited Kashimo.

So him asked about CT strengthened by death (also "I'm next after Kashimo") implied he's prepared to die against Sukuna, with expectation he took Shrine to the grave then Yuji take care of the rest with strengthened Sword.
Old 2024-01-20, 07:31   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
It is part of the plan.

Higuruma been looking for a way to die since he lose to Yuji resolve, unable to bear guilt killing people he deemed corrupt and guilty. It just Yuji told him to hold that decision until Higuruma help Jujutsu High since they need more allies, similar to Hakari recruited Kashimo.

So him asked about CT strengthened by death (also "I'm next after Kashimo") implied he's prepared to die against Sukuna, with expectation he took Shrine to the grave then Yuji take care of the rest with strengthened Sword.
Regardless, the sword disappearing instead of getting stronger is just Sukuna having plot armor once again.
Old 2024-01-21, 09:48   Link #269
justavisitor

Quote:
Regardless, the sword disappearing instead of getting stronger is just Sukuna having plot armor once again.
Could it be that Yuji absorbs the sword, so now it will be only him that can deliver the killing bow?

Sorry just to say out my 2 cents. Just started reading from the Gojo fight, have no intention to read from the beginning but so far it's not a bad experience
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 10:12   Link #270
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Could it be that Yuji absorbs the sword, so now it will be only him that can deliver the killing bow?
Executioner Sword ability is instantly kill target under "death penalty" verdict by Higuruma's Domain Expansion.
If he absorbs the sword then Sukuna should be dead, his hand still touched Sukuna back, after all.

Besides, Yuji condition to replicate technique is by eating object soaked with CE of respective CT.
Good amount of readers do expect Yuji, as someone who eat 15 of 20 Sukuna's Fingers, to use Cleave and Dismantle to Sukuna.
Old 2024-01-31, 00:52   Link #271
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 249:
Old 2024-02-04, 18:03   Link #272
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given that his CT is "copy", Yuta's Domain being UBW is pretty fitting. I wonder if he actually needs to pick up the swords one by one or if he can spam them.

Yuta mentioning Maki made me realize I had forgotten about her. What is she even doing right now?
Old 2024-02-04, 22:08   Link #273
Shadow5YA

I think I'm getting bored of this pattern where Sukuna sandbags his opponents with a smug look on his face just so he can see their cursed technique, then promptly slaughters them afterwards. At least the Gojo fight wasn't so one-sided.

It almost feels like Sukuna is the protagonist, designed to solve the puzzle that is his opponent's technique instead of the other way around. I really hope Yuta accomplishes something meaningful and lasting instead of the past two beatdowns.
Old 2024-02-04, 23:31   Link #274
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yuta is Gege's favorite aside of Toji, he will succeeded.

If you look back, he's the only character who never failed on what he did.

Yuji on the other hand. Not only poorly handled with skipped explanation, Sukuna is legit his certified haters at this point.
This big bad villain immediately stop analyzing people strength and weakness to advance as soon as Yuji enters his sight to mock him.

I expect Sukuna to transfer himself on last second because Yuji not fast enough, just like Executioner Sword; ditch Megumi, initiating The Merger.

Quote:
Given that his CT is "copy", Yuta's Domain being UBW is pretty fitting. I wonder if he actually needs to pick up the swords one by one or if he can spam them.

Yuta mentioning Maki made me realize I had forgotten about her. What is she even doing right now?
Fun fact, Culling Game is pretty much JJK version of Holy Grail War. LOL.

Maki might be waiting for The Merger considering The Merger will absorb all curse energy in Japan.
Old 2024-02-05, 03:23   Link #275
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think I'm getting bored of this pattern where Sukuna sandbags his opponents with a smug look on his face just so he can see their cursed technique, then promptly slaughters them afterwards. At least the Gojo fight wasn't so one-sided.

It almost feels like Sukuna is the protagonist, designed to solve the puzzle that is his opponent's technique instead of the other way around. I really hope Yuta accomplishes something meaningful and lasting instead of the past two beatdowns.
I mean what's the alternative? Sukuna at this point is the final boss. Kenjaku is dead(?) and Uraume is nobody, so obviously he's in the center of the last stage.

He's also the strongest CT user with a lot of experience, so I don't get exactly why people are surprised by his combat prowess. Especially since a lot of sorceres from this arc are newbies who artificially gained their CT.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 07:26   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
I mean what's the alternative? Sukuna at this point is the final boss. Kenjaku is dead(?) and Uraume is nobody, so obviously he's in the center of the last stage.

He's also the strongest CT user with a lot of experience, so I don't get exactly why people are surprised by his combat prowess. Especially since a lot of sorceres from this arc are newbies who artificially gained their CT.
The problem is that it's not really his combat prowess that has allowed him to survive the last few chapters. His cursed tool getting sealed instead of his CT was pure luck, as was the executioner's sword disappearing before hitting him instead of getting stronger after Higuruma's death. Those are not things he could have anticipated, yet it all worked in his favor. He has giant plot armor.
Old 2024-02-05, 09:11   Link #277
Golden Lily

If Higuruma's ability is based on a Russian roulette then I don't see how one can hold it against Sukuna. Not even its user knows what kind of penalty target will receive, so if it's based on the flip coin then we shouldn't compain even if falls on heads or tails. If Higuruma did this "coin flip" nth amount of times and every time it falls in Sukuna's favor then you would be right, but it was literally a single 50/50 situation.

Also, Executioner's Sword getting stronger was only Higuruma's bet. In the first place, why it should get stronger if it's simply a technique to begin with?
Old 2024-02-05, 09:15   Link #278
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So what's gonna happen to Tengen? Unless Sukuna pulls another transformation this might be the final battle. Still I can see Akutami doing something make Sukuna kill Yuta in a few chapters considering how some characters have been dying.
Old 2024-02-05, 09:33   Link #279
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Also, Executioner's Sword getting stronger was only Higuruma's bet. In the first place, why it should get stronger if it's simply a technique to begin with?
Because Sukuna commented how Kamutoke is still gone even after Higuruma's death as if it's supposed to be his one contribution.
If that can work after Higuruma's death, why can't the Executioner Sword?
Old 2024-02-05, 10:05   Link #280
Golden Lily

Well, that's why I'm asking. Higuruma's technique was really ambiguous, its limits unexplored, even he didn't knew everything about it. So trying to apply logic to it is kinda pointless.

Tags
action, exorcism, possessed mc