AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-01-08, 19:22   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I actually wonder if Aqua's revenge will be the overarching plot of the manga or if it's actually going to get resolved like half-way and the manga will finally switch to Ruby's rise to fame.
Old 2022-01-08, 21:19   Link #262
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually wonder if Aqua's revenge will be the overarching plot of the manga or if it's actually going to get resolved like half-way and the manga will finally switch to Ruby's rise to fame.
I don't think the two will be mutually exclusive.

If Aqua will be following after Ai's footsteps to find leads on his father, then he will inevitably get involved with the idol singing and dancing side of the industry too, and that's where Ruby will come in.
It's not like Aqua can do idol performances himself, so he could act as Ruby's producer and do his usual networking behind the scenes while she does her thing on stage.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 03:29   Link #263
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

That was one hell of a bomb to drop on literally the last two pages of the newest chapter...

I was contemplating waiting a couple months to let some chapters build up and then read in bulk, but now the author's gone and done that. Guess I won't be missing any chapters anytime soon.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 09:57   Link #264
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to chapter 68.

Spoiler:
Old 2022-01-20, 19:11   Link #265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Oshi no Ko updated to chapter 68.

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's obvious Uehara wasn't Himekawa and Aqua's father, and the whole lover's suicide thing was a disguised murder. That's what Aqua's father does. I wonder what the trigger for the revenge plotline to come back will be, exactly. In the meantime, should be interesting to see what Aqua does with his life. We might also finally get a Ruby arc.
Old 2022-01-20, 21:06   Link #266
Wandering Soul

It's clear the revenge plot is only being put on hold because there is no way things are resolved like that. I guess next Ruby will be getting her own arc whilr Aqua tries to find a new purpose.
Old 2022-01-20, 22:18   Link #267
Shadow5YA

There was that flashforward during the Ai prologue chapters where Aqua was being interviewed saying he's still out for revenge anyway.

Even if we don't know when exactly that happened, that interview still had to be set further than the present now since Aqua currently hasn't been interviewed yet.
Old 2022-01-21, 00:57   Link #268
Sixth
Hu Tao

Nice try but I found it is difficult to accept that his father is dead.

Although it would be a cool plot twist that he has been dead long ago, so it made Aqua's entire life mission voided.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 11:10   Link #269
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I guess next Ruby will be getting her own arc whilr Aqua tries to find a new purpose.
LOL @ Ruby getting her own arc. Though I guess she can get some exposure while Kana goes back to being an idol.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 15:52   Link #270
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yea... I've been reading manga too long to believe that their father is actually dead. He'll defo pop up again at some point. Tho, it would throw readers for a loop if he actually was tho, but I'm doubtful that'll happen.

As some of you said, this is prob the author's way of shelving the revenge subplot to focus on other plotlines/characters.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2022-01-25, 00:36   Link #271
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Like the rest of you....I find this WAY too anti-climatic.

This ain't over yet.
Old 2022-01-28, 09:51   Link #272
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Oh shit Ruby had an actual moment. Lets see how long the focus on B-Komachi lasts.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 19:29   Link #273
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Ruby arc has officially started! Not just that, but the chapter strongly hinted she will finally find out Aqua's identity. Maybe.
Old 2022-01-28, 21:28   Link #274
Wandering Soul

Looks like the mythical Ruby arc has finally started. It also seems like Ruby and Aqua may find out each other's identity.

To think in another universe we could have gotten live streamer Kana
Old 2022-01-28, 21:30   Link #275
Twi

Oh snap, we are getting a Ruby arc! And ways to cheat the Youtube and Tax system. Best of both worlds!
Old 2022-01-28, 21:52   Link #276
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Hell yea! About damn time we got a Ruby arc!!!

And what is this I see... A callback to Gorou and return to Miyazaki. My otaku senses are telling me that Ruby will find out some clues regarding Gorou's ultimate fate it seems. I wonder if the author will go one step further and have her or Aqua discover his body.

Either way, I see this as a huge opportunity for the siblings to figure out each other's former identities.
Old 2022-01-29, 08:15   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Either way, I see this as a huge opportunity for the siblings to figure out each other's former identities.
I've always how exactly it would happen, since they both decided early on their previous identities didn't matter. There'll never be a better opportunity than this. It could be that only one of them will find out though (most likely Aqua if Ruby mentions Goro).

And I never thought part of the reason Ruby wanted to revive B-Komachi is so that Goro would notice.
Old 2022-01-29, 16:23   Link #278
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^ This would most likely be the best opportunity with regard to timing and overall impact to have them (or at least one of them) deduce their previous identities. Also, I agree that if only one was to figure things out, it'd be Aqua since he's the more perceptive of the two and has more overall clues/theories to work with going off previous story beats.

And yea, while we know that Sarina had a crush on Gorou, I didn't think her reason for the group revival was also partially because of him. Seeing how hard she used to fangirl for Ai, I was under the impression that the B-Komachi revival was fueled solely by that. That one threw me off a bit (not like I need to worry about any potential incest sub-plots tho. This one clearly doesn't seem to be going that route). I was just taken a bit by surprise is all.
Old 2022-01-29, 16:49   Link #279
Shadow5YA

I see this more as an opportunity for Aqua find a new lead for his revenge.

He never returned to the scene of the crime after all, and he currently is at a dead end. I'm sure they'll find something there.
Old 2022-02-07, 14:54   Link #280
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Kana never disappoints. Love when she notices the subtle changes in Aqua's demeanor.

Seems like our boy won't be completely free of his feelings of wanting revenge for awhile. Then again, it'd be weird that he'd be able to let go of that much animosity so easily. Must be frustrating to hold onto such negative emotions for 10+ years, only to find out that there's nothing or no one to direct it towards (even tho us readers suspect otherwise).

The Ruby arc is chugging along, but I've got nothing to say atm seeing as much didn't go down in this chapter to begin with. At least we have this new song to look forward to.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy