Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-09-18, 03:08   Link #2761
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Anyone know what game this is derived from, and more specifically, what that song is?

Yeah, I know, browsing those random flash sites is a good way to get random snips of songs stuck in your head that invariably result in a craving for the full version... apologies in advance for anyone else who gets sucked into it.
It's not from anything.

It's the major hit pop song "Sakuranbo" by Ai Ootsuka.
It was such a huge hit 4 years ago, it was playing EVERYWHERE in Japan.

As for the dancing animated characters on the flash, they are from fate/stay night.
Old 2007-09-18, 16:25   Link #2762
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's not from anything.

It's the major hit pop song "Sakuranbo" by Ai Ootsuka.
It was such a huge hit 4 years ago, it was playing EVERYWHERE in Japan.

As for the dancing animated characters on the flash, they are from fate/stay night.
I've already repped you in the recent past so I can't do it again just yet, but I did want to say thanks, and wow~ is there anything you don't know?
Old 2007-09-18, 17:17   Link #2763
pparker

what is this anime?

I rented a show (OVA or TV) on videotape around 1997-8. These heroines would seem to fly on or transform into large crosses, maybe some kind of mecha. Seems the music was choral, certainly not pop. I think of angels. These giant crosses or whatever would fly them into battle, and I get an image of one them spread on the crosses, long white flowing hair and gown. Had an EVA feel to it, like tragic. I think one or more of them sacrifice themselves in the battle, but it's all a little hazy. The style was fantasy, but more realistic, not moe.

In the last few months, I've seen a lot of anime and read lots of reviews and looked at thousands of pics, but never came across it. Maybe it sucked. It interested me though, and I wasn't an anime fan, just finding stuff to watch with my kids.

My anime obssession started a few months ago because I bought EVA thinking it was this by the description and from the sound of the title (angels and evangelical).
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 20:21   Link #2764
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Quote:
Originally Posted by pparker View Post
I rented a show (OVA or TV) on videotape around 1997-8. These heroines would seem to fly on or transform into large crosses, maybe some kind of mecha. Seems the music was choral, certainly not pop. I think of angels. These giant crosses or whatever would fly them into battle, and I get an image of one them spread on the crosses, long white flowing hair and gown. Had an EVA feel to it, like tragic. I think one or more of them sacrifice themselves in the battle, but it's all a little hazy. The style was fantasy, but more realistic, not moe.

In the last few months, I've seen a lot of anime and read lots of reviews and looked at thousands of pics, but never came across it. Maybe it sucked. It interested me though, and I wasn't an anime fan, just finding stuff to watch with my kids.

My anime obssession started a few months ago because I bought EVA thinking it was this by the description and from the sound of the title (angels and evangelical).
Can you think of anymore info? Seems vaguely familiar... but my VHS days are so far behind me, its not something that is stuck in my mind as an old fav. If it was on VHS in 97-98 at a rental place... it is prolly from 1995 or earlier.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 06:03   Link #2765
pparker

Sorry, wish I knew more. Just too long ago for my aged memory functions ;>
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 13:25   Link #2766
Juan Valdez

Saw this in a Fark forum and was wondering where it's from

Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 13:29   Link #2767
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Something tells me that's from Death Note.
Old 2007-09-19, 16:26   Link #2768
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Something tells me that's from Death Note.
Death Note it is.

Around the time when Light and Misa are starting to know each other better.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:26   Link #2769
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Does anyone know where she is from ?
Old 2007-09-21, 13:09   Link #2770
moozxy

Send a message via MSN to moozxy
I know what I'm looking for but can't remember the name ._.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, like the title says I'm looking for a specific anime which I can't remember the name of.

I watched a few episodes a while back and left it but now have a strange urge to go back and finish it.

Anyway it from the episodes I remember it's about a boy going to College/Uni? and looking for an extra-curricular club to join and he thinks about joining an Anime appreciation club or a Manga appreciation club but ends up joining one for a broader appreciation thing I guess.
I don't really know what else to add to make it easier for you guys, but I remember in the first or second episode they go to buy some doujinshi and the President of the club is seen as an expert in finding what he wants. Oh! and the test to see if the main character was "one of them" was to watch if he went looking for doujinshi in the club room. Also there was a guy with a sort of girlfriend in it.

Gah this is a silly thread I know but I really want to watch this anime again

I think I read on the wiki for the anime that it was really an anime on the insight of otaku life, if thats any help.

Would greatly appreciate the help guys!
moozxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 13:17   Link #2771
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Genshiken is what you are looking for.
Old 2007-09-22, 00:07   Link #2772
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by moozxy View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, like the title says I'm looking for a specific anime which I can't remember the name of.

I watched a few episodes a while back and left it but now have a strange urge to go back and finish it.

Anyway it from the episodes I remember it's about a boy going to College/Uni? and looking for an extra-curricular club to join and he thinks about joining an Anime appreciation club or a Manga appreciation club but ends up joining one for a broader appreciation thing I guess.
I don't really know what else to add to make it easier for you guys, but I remember in the first or second episode they go to buy some doujinshi and the President of the club is seen as an expert in finding what he wants. Oh! and the test to see if the main character was "one of them" was to watch if he went looking for doujinshi in the club room. Also there was a guy with a sort of girlfriend in it.

Gah this is a silly thread I know but I really want to watch this anime again

I think I read on the wiki for the anime that it was really an anime on the insight of otaku life, if thats any help.

Would greatly appreciate the help guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Genshiken is what you are looking for.
Go watch it, it's great ^_^.

---

I can't find the image on my computer at the moment to upload to photobucket to show ya but the girl from my Signature is the same image but with effects added. Would anyone happen to know where she's from?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 19:30   Link #2773
Polartonttu

Assistance needed!

Hello everyone! I'll cut staight to the point

I'm desperately looking for any info on a movie that i've seen when i was a child. I remmember very little about it and i just thought maby there is someone here who could help me in this matter.

To start with - the facts that i'm almost certain about. The movie is from early '80 or late '70, it's been made in Japan (or China). I remmembet that the movie was drawn in a very realistic fashion, (nothing similar to what Studio Ghibli was doling back then)

The plot takes place in Japan during the samurai era. In the first scene we see an elder couple sitting in pagoda in some hevenly plane, preparing meal. They are discussing sending their daughter on eart so that she could restore peace to the troubled lands. The movie has some batalistic scenes involving peasants fighting ronins. These is also a subtle touch of fantasy, as at the end of the movie, the main heroine fights with some sort of a demon, that she calls "inner enemy". Eventually she sacrifices herself during the duel, by transforming into a cold wing and freezing the demon.

The monster looks like a huge samurai knight, and i'm pretty sure that some charasters in the movie call him by the name Goemon

Any help would be very appreciated. And excuse my spelling, i have heavly overused keyboard and i'm tired as hell after polishing my master thesis
Polartonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 20:18   Link #2774
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

which anime/game is she from?

help would be appreciated
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 21:51   Link #2775
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Does anyone know where she is from ?
that image is really annoying me... im sure i have seen it somewhere.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:58   Link #2776
Beltriand

help with an anime title

........edit

Last edited by Beltriand; 2008-10-28 at 12:13.
Beltriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 02:34   Link #2777
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sound like Tenshi na Konamaiki (Cheeky Angel), ANN, AniDB.

Fansubs still available, manga licensed by Viz (all volumes are available).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 03:45   Link #2778
joku

Have you seen this girl?

what series does this girl belong too??

joku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 08:39   Link #2779
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
which anime/game is she from?

help would be appreciated
She is Akane Oosawa from the game Mikomai

(Link contains NSFW content and game is 18 rated)
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 14:57   Link #2780
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

I'm trying to figure out what this series is....

I watched once it at somewhere between 12 and 1:30 am at a friend's house back in middle school...so, probably mid-late 2000 or early 2001. I think it was in english, but it's been so long I can't remember--in any case it was definitely in an anime style. The part I saw was some kind of space battle thing, the characters were in small individual ships of some kind....Thinking about it now the cockpit design seemed kind of tight, like there was not much space to move around, and was somewhat like the interieor of a mecha. There appeared to mostly be two characters fighting each other, since I came in near the end of the episode I wasn't sure who I was supposed to be rooting for. There were a couple of shots showing both characters at once.

I think the next thing on that channel was a bunch of weird old disney short animations, but that might have been another time.

Sorry it's not a very good description, but it's been over 5 years.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel