AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 09:33   Link #2741
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I know it's kinda off-topic, but can anyone make a counterpart between Valvrave and Madoka Magica. I know that Haruto is Madoka and L-Elf is Kyubey, but what about the others?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 11:52   Link #2742
Cryst

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
In this episode, Saki actually shows her ambition...for a stupid reason. She's not going to boost her idol career by piloting a mecha. In the past episodes, Saki speaks with reason. In this episode, she completely lose it.
Why don't you put youself in her shoes? It's pretty understandable to have some obsession about money or fame if you have a past like her. And she's showing a kind of attidute like "Anything is fine, I just don't care anymore".

Quote:
Shoko is more amusing than Saki. She's not upset at Saki. Shoko doesn't show any jealousy about Haruto and Saki's relationship. Haruto is Shoko's childhood friend, and she's ready for his love confession. Maybe Shoko is a Saint or a Guru.
The only thing I find Shoko amusing is her weird reasoning. It's not like Shoko doesn't show jealousy, she just doesn't know anything about Haruto and Saki's relationship (note how she reacted to the word "kiss"). And I won't call her Saint or anything. She was borned with a silver spoon, I bet she doesn't know what hardship or unhappiness is. See how she couldn't do anything when something went wrong like in episode 4.

Randomc's analyses are pretty much what I feel too. You can read it if you want or just believe in want you want to believe.
Cryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 11:56   Link #2743
shadow1296

Images
a few gif's of valvrave being epic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
and is it just me or does this image make them look like characters from K and psycho-pass

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-05-18 at 12:43. Reason: Use the images tag for gifs with large filesizes...
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:34   Link #2744
7Th
Mixtape

You know, the robot descriptions from the official site make it really obvious who the pilots for the remaining 3 VVVs are:

-Yellow VVV is specialized in brute-force and handling equipement; it's huge arms can also be used to build stuff.
-Green VVV specializes in mobility, it is the fastest Valvrave.
-Blue VVV is the defense-type Valvrave that specializes in fighting from a long range.
-Purple VVV is the "sensor nerve" Valvrave, it isn't for fighting, but its powers can reveal everything in the battle field and it can unveil the Universe itself.

It's impossible that the pilots are anyone other than these 4 (well, Saki is already confirmed):
Spoiler:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:43   Link #2745
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know why but I've really enjoyed the last two episodes, maybe because there's been more focus towards the characters than the ridiculous plot/setting. I don't think I've ever seen a character display so much reckless behaviour and yet come off as a surprisingly down to earth portrayal as a normal dumbass teenager. And in a strange way it was also kind of endearing because I could easily imagine myself being that stupid as well. I just wish the story went all the way in showing how much she was way over her head on this one. She didn't have to die but a defeat would've been better with Haruto saving her ass.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 13:12   Link #2746
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
You know, the robot descriptions from the official site make it really obvious who the pilots for the remaining 3 VVVs are:

-Yellow VVV is specialized in brute-force and handling equipement; it's huge arms can also be used to build stuff.
-Green VVV specializes in mobility, it is the fastest Valvrave.
-Blue VVV is the defense-type Valvrave that specializes in fighting from a long range.
What is the connection between blue and Inuzuka?
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 13:36   Link #2747
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
What would you think of Saki swtiching body with L-Elf and hooking up with Shoko?
It wouldn't be the same and Shoko can sniff out a fake rather easily if she gets to know L-Elf first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Blue seems like a toss up still.

The nerd could still pilot it as much as Haruto's friend who most likely will die because someone close to Haruto has to die... Right?

Better him than Shoko I say!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:12   Link #2748
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
OP appearance order; they appear like this: Saki -> Kyuuma -> Thunder -> Akira. Since Saki is the pilot of Green and Thunder and Akira are obviously the pilots of Yellow and Purple, it makes sense for Kyuuma to get Blue.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:19   Link #2749
Bgunit

its odd that sunrise made a female as one of the main pilots because in the gundam series all the main pilots are males
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:21   Link #2750
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunit View Post
its odd that sunrise made a female as one of the main pilots because in the gundam series all the main pilots are males
Times are changing!

Diversity is always a good thing!

Or maybe they're jelly of Fafner having so many female pilots that can actually fight.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:27   Link #2751
shadow1296

Quote:
not at all actually soma peires, katagina, marida cruz, and ayase shinomiya(guilty crown) all female and all one of the main pilots of their series, they may not pilot gundams (well one did) but they are one of the main pilots of there series
Old 2013-05-18, 14:35   Link #2752
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Guilty Crown is not Sunrise although it's main writer is heavily associated with it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:36   Link #2753
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Don't forget Kallen.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:36   Link #2754
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Sunrise also made Code Geass which had female Mecha Pilots.
Also, didn't Gundam 00 have female pilots as well?
Old 2013-05-18, 14:43   Link #2755
cyoti

Quote:
Okouchi is also the main writer and co-creator for Code Geass and of course in season 1, you had multiple women pilots.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:43   Link #2756
shadow1296

i didn't realise this this was done by sunrise but all the pilots in this series were female

Idolmasters xenoglossia(yes i know its horrible)
Old 2013-05-18, 15:10   Link #2757
christinemarie
Crazy One

VV1 Haruto Tokishima (confirmed)
VV2 *Enemy has it*
VV3 Raizo Yamada (Sooner or later he would pilot this awesome VV3 that is power oriented if not for the possible Negima-like plot I just discovered.)
VV3 Shoko Sashinami
VV4 Saki Rukino (confirmed)
VV5 L-elf (I want to see L-elf kiss Haruto and make Valrave-tan acknowledge L-elf.)
VV6 Akira Renbōkoji (I doubt being voiced by Aoi Yuuki won't make Sunrise turn Akira into a Valrave user herself base from the site the abilities of VV6 matches Akira's technique very well.)

What I love with this series are the antagonist that features Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:20   Link #2758
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

ugh, ERU ERUFU has been floating and stalking everyone these past 2 episodes without doing nothing, i don't like that at all.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:25   Link #2759
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
ugh, ERU ERUFU has been floating and stalking everyone these past 2 episodes without doing nothing, i don't like that at all.
He's trying to make sure if it's really safe for him to pilot a Valvrave
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:29   Link #2760
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
he's not doing nothing, he's been gathering info and formulating a plan, his last few plans have failed for lack of info, when he tried to steal valvrave from haruto, he was possessed and is now labeled traitor, tried to bring the students over to his side he didn't realize the influence shoko had, so right now he is gathering all the info he can, like who can pilot the valvraves so he can continue his dorssia revolution plan

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire