Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 16:28   Link #241
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I'm giving the mad hero a run for his money in terms of madness. Finished translating the climax of vol.6, hope over to baka-tsuki and read it. Went through like 10 edits since I dunno wiki magic.

Lura orchestrated the entire thing, so he's probably one of the most knowledgeable beings in denyuuden right now.

When Ryner met him properly(not counting the time Lura showed up to shove a knife up Ryner's chest), he already knew about his identity as the solver of all equations and has come to accept it, so their interaction was more like-

Lura: Come to daddy, Ryner. ^_^
Ryner: Go kill yourself. -_-#

Lura: Oh Ryner, you called me dad!! //^_^//
Ryner: Ugh...
Thanks for the translation for vol. 6.

It was great and nicely done.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 18:11   Link #242
pampz21
ShipCore

aw man read the translation and I cried a bit idk why..
anyway thx

Hmmmmm
Spider one was Alpha?
the snake is Glovil
the human shape with no eyes and can control spider are goddess?

got confuse when the story changes to real > spirit plane

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 18:22   Link #243
jbowman0

watched episode 20 earlier and when ril tried to get ryner to go berserk. ryner supressed it and there was a beam of white light.

Spoiler for :
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 18:29   Link #244
pampz21
ShipCore

BTW when is Milk last mention in the novel? and does the she know that she has to kill Ryner cuz she's a goddess?
Is she still serving Shion in hopes that Ryner will someday comeback in Roland and Reunite with Luccile(his mad demon portion) and Shion (his beloved Hero) I sense a super BL triangle!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 18:56   Link #245
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
BTW when is Milk last mention in the novel? and does the she know that she has to kill Ryner cuz she's a goddess?
Is she still serving Shion in hopes that Ryner will someday comeback in Roland and Reunite with Luccile(his mad demon portion) and Shion (his beloved Hero) I sense a super BL triangle!
i have no clue but BT has a picture of her in volume 7 of dai
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 19:48   Link #246
ShiroiRyu

What is the translation you did ?
The King ?
The Fallen Alpha on the field ? ^^
I'm seriously confused about all the translations. I only read the one with Ferris Past so when i saw first volume of the sequel and volume six ... I don't know what i have to read.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:54   Link #247
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Heh you are fast! . Initially I didn't bother too much since I was the only translator. I'm creating a page for project specific formatting and style, which can be found under Translation section in the main page. It's still in the works and I'll try to get it done over the weekend. For people's names, I tried to follow the anime, so that anime-watchers can relate immediately without needing to go over another document to decipher the names. For first time names like Reed, we'll just use whoever's first version, and add it to the page I'm doing unless there are severe objections when there are more translators . Everything is open for discussion. However I feel Fragme should be kept as Fragme and not follow the anime. It sounds more correct to me and since there's an official katakana for "fragment" and is フラグメント (and I think Kagami truncated Fragment intentionally; just my opinion though). For now, if possible, can you mark your pages the way I explained it on Project Specific Guideline page? It makes cross-referencing by pages easier later when an editor needs clarification on a segment.
Alright, I'll adhere to that format from now on. And I really wasn't sure on how to spell aatofaaru, so whatever I have up there is pretty tentative. Do you have a version that you'd prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
The Goddess inhabiting Milk's body is the only Goddess that sided with the hero and the demon in the legends, so she doesn't have the same objective that the other goddesses do. However, her 'Milk' personality is still present, and is crying out for help. Currently, her feelings towards Ryner are so strong that she began to devour the Goddess' consciousness.

lol They call that Lucile/Sion/Ryner the demon sandwich on pixiv.XD And yes, Milk Goddess is pretty much a fangirl, says that she loves them because of their love towards each other. Hero/demon is canon pair anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post
Would you mind to tell me why Lura did that? Will it be answered in Denyuuden? Is this the reason why Ferris thought that Ryner was dead and went berserk attacking an opponent (which im guessing is Lura) far superior than her?

I also have a question about ToriaezuDenYuuDen if any of you guys read the side stories, since I cant read it and I am just looking at the novel illustrations and wow am I confused . I mean there are sooo many new characters and it seems like the timeline itself is all over the place. I wont bother asking about the stories themselves since I know they are too much. I am more interested in these four new girls that was not introduced in denyuuden (or perhaps even dai denyuuden).

What I would like to know is these four girls (who are perhaps part of Ryner's harem?) among them I believe is Ryner's ex lover. I've attached images since after all, a picture says a thousand words lol . So Im just asking for a general idea, like who they are and what their relation to Ryner is?

First two pics is about this new girl in a miko outfit who seems to be always fighting with Ferris and Milk perhaps because of Ryner? Since Ryner seems to be the reason why they are fighting:

Spoiler for miko girl:

Who is this girl? She seems like a silent (yuki type from Haruhi) but at another pic she seems lively enough talking to Ryner:
Spoiler for Mystery girl1:

What about this girl?
Spoiler for Mystery Girl 2:

Is this Ryner when he was young and is this girl his former lover?
Spoiler for Ryner's former lover???:

Thanks in advance if you can answer my questions and satisfy my curiosity.

On a side note, I just read the posts above and I am shocked that this amazing series that sold millions of novels turned out to only have such few % of tv ratings. Perhaps it was the tv station or timeslot it was on? If not then I guess the japanese people's taste in anime change tremendously to a good amazing anime with story to an anime with no story/plot or direction going and just for eyecandy moeblobs shows (I dare not mention, I cant even stand watching these shows cuz they are just plain BORING).
Lura did it to implant the "curse of aartofaal" that's mentioned in the segment I just translated. He did it to further restrict the power of Alpha within Ryner, IIRC. And probably also to give Ryner's mom a chance to meet with him.XD

The miko girl is a magician who pretends to be a Goddess so she can swindle people. She has a rivalry going on with Ferris, because they both believe themselves to be more beautiful than the other.

idk about the 2nd girl, haven't read yet.

The 3rd one...is a trap.XD That's Voice, right there.

4th one is probably the girl that Ryner kept mentioning in his hero relic proposal("a world where that child, Kiefer etc."). She was a 15 year old assassin, and her last mission was to kill Ryner. Roland promised her freedom after this mission, but obviously they were lying, because they assigned Ryner a mission to finish her off, hoping to dispose of her since her abilities are no longer needed(the war just finished). She couldn't kill Ryner 'cause he was that much stronger(and fell in love with him, lol), but he spared her and helped her escape from Roland. Alas, Roland expected that to happen because they were trying to use her as a trigger to Ryner's Alpha Stigma going berserk. They were going to torture and kill her in front of Ryner, but she decided to resist and committed suicide before that. Ryner was obviously pissed, but as she hoped, managed to stop himself from giving in to Alpha's voice. The whole story was a huge downer.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-19 at 21:05.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 23:21   Link #248
jbowman0

wow that backstory on ryners first love was harsh to read but not unexpected

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-19, 23:38   Link #249
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
wow that backstory on ryners first love was harsh to read but not unexpected

Spoiler:
Tiir isn't coming to fight him, he still thinks of Ryner as a comrade, after all. However, he did get into a fight with Lura because Ene, the girl who can see the future, prophesied that Lura is bad for Ryner(apparently he was being controlled by a monster that's not the priests, hero or goddess)

Ryner, with his SoAE eyes can now capture Tiir's movements(while he couldn't keep up with his AS before) by tracing the magic within Tiir.

Nothing can stand against a fully awakened SOAE, basically, but Ryner hasn't used it ever since vol.6 since the price is too great(the soul of someone who loves him).
Old 2010-11-19, 23:52   Link #250
jbowman0

regarding the sacrifice

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-20, 00:04   Link #251
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
regarding the sacrifice

Spoiler:
His mom. His normal SOAE eyes just allow him to analyze anything completely(so he can see through illusions and stuff), but doesn't seem to come with the anti-world class power that he gained with a sacrifice. A soul sacrifice grants him unlimited destruction power for a certain period of time, but without it, SOAE eyes are basically a super advanced form of AS.

However, Lura had an unknown curse cast onto him by a monster to destroy Ryner. That's why Ene tried her best to kill Lura before that happened, but it failed, and Ryner got the curse. It normally wouldn't have been such a big deal, as the curse just 'clouds his eyes for a moment', but that led to disastrous results as it made his SOAE eyes unable to see through one simple illusion. As a result, the monster that disguised itself as Sion managed to kidnap Ryner at the end of vol.8(if you've played the VN Saya no Uta, it's very similar to what happened there. To normal people aka Ferris, the monster appears as an ugly abomination with tentacles, but Ryner sees it as Sion)
Old 2010-11-20, 00:09   Link #252
jbowman0

so can he dematerialize with his SOAE for like small scale stuff without a sacrifice liek he did when he went berserk with the AS? ive heard of the game thank you for that info though
Old 2010-11-20, 00:15   Link #253
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Speaking about the end of vol. 8, when is released vol. 9?
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:18   Link #254
Anastasia

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I'm giving the mad hero a run for his money in terms of madness. Finished translating the climax of vol.6, hope over to baka-tsuki and read it. Went through like 10 edits since I dunno wiki magic.

Lura orchestrated the entire thing, so he's probably one of the most knowledgeable beings in denyuuden right now.

When Ryner met him properly(not counting the time Lura showed up to shove a knife up Ryner's chest), he already knew about his identity as the solver of all equations and has come to accept it, so their interaction was more like-

Lura: Come to daddy, Ryner. ^_^
Ryner: Go kill yourself. -_-#

Lura: Oh Ryner, you called me dad!! //^_^//
Ryner: Ugh...
What I mean is when Lura tell Ryner that Ryner is Ferune. What Ryner reaction ?

Btw, all this time, I thought Lura is somewhat netral about Roland, but I suppose that's not the case. Is he have some hidden agenda like Lucile ? Thx for the answer

Btw, thanks for your translation. I'm really appreciate that.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:29   Link #255
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Speaking about the end of vol. 8, when is released vol. 9?
12/20. Awesome thing is, I'm in Japan at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
What I mean is when Lura tell Ryner that Ryner is Ferune. What Ryner reaction ?

Btw, all this time, I thought Lura is somewhat netral about Roland, but I suppose that's not the case. Is he have some hidden agenda like Lucile ? Thx for the answer

Btw, thanks for your translation. I'm really appreciate that.
Ryner knew already. He regained his memories before meeting with Lura.

Lura doesn't give a crap about anything that's not named Ryner/Felna or Ilna. Basically, he's willing to sacrifice the entire world to save his one and only son, so I guess he's pretty neutral in that regard.

Quote:
so can he dematerialize with his SOAE for like small scale stuff without a sacrifice liek he did when he went berserk with the AS? ive heard of the game thank you for that info though
I...don't think so. At least, Ryner hasn't done anything like that yet. It did strike me as odd that Alpha can do whatever the hell he wants with Ryner Reed's power, while Ryner, who's technically the rightful owner, had to pay a price to use it.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-20 at 00:41.
Old 2010-11-20, 00:40   Link #256
jbowman0

will ryner regain them in the anime?
Old 2010-11-20, 00:42   Link #257
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
will ryner regain them in the anime?
Nah, it's a daiyuuden thing, AFAIK.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:55   Link #258
Anastasia

Ok, thanks for your answer before. I have another question:
1. When Lura and Lucile meet ? Did they hate each other (like maybe there's some kind of
rivalry between Eris house and Lutelu house ? Did they fight ? Who's win ?
Lura strike me odd because I don't understand why he give God Devouring to Lucile. Is
there a reason ?

2. And what's happen with Lutelu house ? Did it destroyed when Lura "supposed to be died" ?

Sorry for the long question. Thanks for your kindness answer. (if you bothered with my question, please just tell me and I will stop).
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 02:01   Link #259
larethian

just give him rep for it, and ask him to translate more of the novels

*lurk*
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 02:38   Link #260
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Yeah, give me a fluffy pillow and I'll drag my lazy ass off my chair and start doing shinyuuden translations.

jkjk

Lura met Lucile when Lucile met Eris.(symmetrical sentence or what) Basically, all members of the Eris family have to spend a certain amount of time exposed to Eris Reed(the 'demon' portion of the demon who hates loneliness), who is basically the source of their superhuman power. In a (cracked up) gist, their meeting went something like this.

Eris Reed: Bahahahaha go sleep with your sister.
Rex(Lucile's real name): Gaah mindrape!!!
Lura: Hi there guys, it's like a regular party in here. Hey Eris, ever wondered where Ryner went? I killed him, bahahahaha.
Eris: ..............................did you just invoke the End of the World As We Know It?
Lura: Yeah man, don't give a damn about the world as long as I can save my son. *scary face*
Eris: Baaah Ryner *runs*
Lura: You just lost the game. 8D If you were serious, I'd be dead right now, but you were scared. Btw, most of what I said were lies, but it's true that Ryner's dead.
Anyways, next time you come out, it'll be your doom, because I'll teach Rex how to eat you.
So er, Rex, up for some demon gourmet?
Rex: I don't have a choice do I. I want to save my sister after all.
Lura: Okay, I'll erase your memories of this, and you'll be Lucile from now on.^_^ And together, we shall destroy the world!

In a nutshell because the entire dialogue is way too complex to summarize.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what happened to the house, since I assume Lura was disowned from the main branch for marrying Ilna. I guess they sorta died out(so Ryner is the only Lutelu left), since they were rarely mentioned, even though they were supposed to be as prestigious as the Eris house.

Tags
fantasy, shounen