AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-09-30, 13:55   Link #241
datoysterman2

Send a message via AIM to datoysterman2
Well, there father(leonard, tessa) was a part of mithril, so it might just be that
datoysterman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 14:42   Link #242
datoysterman2

well Kyoto Animation did fumoffu and TSR do you think theyll make another season?
cuz gonzo did the first..
Old 2006-09-30, 20:31   Link #243
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

That's another thread completely, I think. Please edit your posts more often, instead of double posting.
Old 2006-10-02, 00:30   Link #244
datoysterman2

do you guys buy the novels or do you guys like read it off the net somewhere?
Old 2006-10-02, 00:55   Link #245
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznet
since you guys were discussing the novel stuff, i just wanted to air out a couple thoughts

mainly that at the end i think itll be kinda hard for chidori or sousuke to enter back into normal society.
Normal society?

What normal society?

You mean the peaceful city and school of Japan at the start of the story? That is not normal at all. Their world is in a Cold War that never ended. Missiles and assassins move across the landscape like ants over a picnic blanket. They can't live in a peaceful society, because the peaceful society doesn't actually exist.
Old 2006-10-02, 07:01   Link #246
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Normal society?

What normal society?

You mean the peaceful city and school of Japan at the start of the story? That is not normal at all. Their world is in a Cold War that never ended. Missiles and assassins move across the landscape like ants over a picnic blanket. They can't live in a peaceful society, because the peaceful society doesn't actually exist.
hmmm....i think ur taking things too seriously. i think society is peaceful and normal if the mech doesnt exist. no doubt this subject will be touch upon when sousuke finally saves chidori.....if he succeed that is.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 21:03   Link #247
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Sorry Jimbo, Vallen is correct. Kaname and Sosuke don't live in our world.

Btw Vallen, nice Shirow avatar!
Old 2006-10-04, 03:27   Link #248
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
Sorry Jimbo, Vallen is correct. Kaname and Sosuke don't live in our world.

Btw Vallen, nice Shirow avatar!
no i think im correct. lets not forget this is a anime/manga and fumoffu is very peaceful and normal. any animanga gotta have those moments.
Old 2006-10-04, 04:03   Link #249
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo98765
no i think im correct. lets not forget this is a anime/manga and fumoffu is very peaceful and normal. any animanga gotta have those moments.
Not unless Amalgam is destroyed for good in the end, which seemed impossible to do so right now.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:36   Link #250
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
You're ignoring the real storyline. The real storyline includes plane hijackings, bloody military revolutions, battles within cities, ect.

Fumoffu is just for fun. It really has no truely noticable impact on the main storyline. The manga is far from peaceful also. The manga skillfully mixes Fumoffu and the real storyline.
Old 2006-10-04, 16:28   Link #251
masterwok

guys the story is parallel to our time period. the only thing that is different is that AS, Soviet Union, and the 2 organizations Mithril and Amalgam. forgot the other stuff like the whisper.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 16:42   Link #252
jimbo98765

Quote:
You're ignoring the real storyline. The real storyline includes plane hijackings, bloody military revolutions, battles within cities, ect.

Fumoffu is just for fun. It really has no truely noticable impact on the main storyline. The manga is far from peaceful also. The manga skillfully mixes Fumoffu and the real storyline.
indeed, all the real actions are consider the main storyline. let just go back. the question was about how chidori's live wont be peaceful anymore or that their society was never peaceful and normal in the first place. consider ourselves as examples, our lives are very peaceful cept for the middle east but who cares about them. arent their world similar to ours??? in fumoffu, they have fun and dont even give a damn about mech stuff. as for the whispers, only military ppl know about them. so yea, its peaceful and normal. i could go on about the main storyline since i've cover the side stories/fumoffu but i rather not.
Old 2006-10-05, 02:35   Link #253
jimbo98765

sorry for double posting but i just thought of something that might end the discussion about peaceful normal society, that is if you guys wanna cont.

right, even chidori said her school was peaceful, as was everything else like the train station, home, uhh malls and ppl in general b4 sagara came. there.... all the mech stuff was just news like the war in iraq. the whispers stuff, only the intelligence know about them. the classmate, and again, ppl in general are peaceful and normal. except for the ppl in hong kong which i dont care anyway. why would a big business hub turn into a ghost town anyway.
Old 2006-10-05, 18:55   Link #254
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

It's a well-orchestrated mirage. A facade. A show. A fake. The entire world's in turmoil, but only a few really know, and fewer know the details.

But anyhow, back to what will happen if Kaname and Sosuke eventually hook up...

1. Have babiez.
2. Go on crazy missions together while they live the babiez with that glasses girl.
3. Have more babiez, in elevators.
Old 2006-10-05, 19:02   Link #255
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
It's a well-orchestrated mirage. A facade. A show. A fake. The entire world's in turmoil, but only a few really know, and fewer know the details.

But anyhow, back to what will happen if Kaname and Sosuke eventually hook up...

1. Have babiez.
2. Go on crazy missions together while they live the babiez with that glasses girl.
3. Have more babiez, in elevators.
for #3 you refering to like "the matrix" style of making out? All grungy and looks that make you want to bathe lol
Old 2006-10-05, 19:41   Link #256
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

No, I'm referring to James Bond's habit of making out with Bond chicks right after he meets 'em, in the most unlikely of places. Specifically in Agent Under Fire.

That's what I envision Sosuke turning out as, except with only one Bond chick, unless Kaname happens to die...
Old 2006-10-06, 01:25   Link #257
T.V.

He'll never become a smooth talker.

So, it's up to Kaname to make the first move and I doubt she'll find an elevator sexy...
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 07:47   Link #258
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
sorry for double posting but i just thought of something that might end the discussion about peaceful normal society, that is if you guys wanna cont.

right, even chidori said her school was peaceful, as was everything else like the train station, home, uhh malls and ppl in general b4 sagara came. there.... all the mech stuff was just news like the war in iraq. the whispers stuff, only the intelligence know about them. the classmate, and again, ppl in general are peaceful and normal. except for the ppl in hong kong which i dont care anyway. why would a big business hub turn into a ghost town anyway.
It appears you are ignorant of the FMP background...

HongKong never actually became a business hub in FMP, at least not the one we know. The cold war never ended. Do you even know what that means?

Mythril and Amalgam are not some minor mercenary groups. They are well enough equipped to destroy several countries. The whole plot revolves around how governments no longer hold the key to power, as the Whispered skewers military might away from large nations.

And these holder of Whispered are not constrained by politics. They can, and would, attack Japan and burn it to the ground if they see fit. The Japanese government would be powerless to shield its people. This is exactly what I mean by the Cold War not ending; you live in fear, not knowing whether today would be the day some enemy will come from the horizon and wipe your town off the map. And there would be nobody who can protect you.

Compare that to conflicts and terrorism in our world? We live in a paradise.

The only thing is, the citizens of Japan in FMP is wholly ignorant of this danger. Ignorance, unfortunately, can't stop bullets.

Read more of the novel, and you might see why being peaceful is not normal there.
Old 2006-10-06, 12:13   Link #259
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
It appears you are ignorant of the FMP background...

HongKong never actually became a business hub in FMP, at least not the one we know. The cold war never ended. Do you even know what that means?

Mythril and Amalgam are not some minor mercenary groups. They are well enough equipped to destroy several countries. The whole plot revolves around how governments no longer hold the key to power, as the Whispered skewers military might away from large nations.

And these holder of Whispered are not constrained by politics. They can, and would, attack Japan and burn it to the ground if they see fit. The Japanese government would be powerless to shield its people. This is exactly what I mean by the Cold War not ending; you live in fear, not knowing whether today would be the day some enemy will come from the horizon and wipe your town off the map. And there would be nobody who can protect you.

Compare that to conflicts and terrorism in our world? We live in a paradise.

The only thing is, the citizens of Japan in FMP is wholly ignorant of this danger. Ignorance, unfortunately, can't stop bullets.

Read more of the novel, and you might see why being peaceful is not normal there.
i put ' why would hk turned into a ghosttown?' as a joke. u turned it into a big argument again becuz of 1 little line, 1 little joke. i still think ur overblowing things. plus the points u made arent even mention or the focus of the authors work. plus i would like u to explain why isnt america, russia, europe, china, or the rest of the world isnt peaceful or normal. but it doesnt matter anyway as chaos reigns everywhere sousuke goes coz the focus isnt on the victims, onlookers, spectators, ppl in general. the focus is on sousuke and chidori's relationship, amalgam, mithril and all that. so like the anime, and manga, im going to ignore the victims, onlookers, spectators, and ppl in general, and you too, the overblowing things analyser.
Old 2006-10-06, 13:37   Link #260
shiznet

i didnt mean to say that they lived in a completely normal enviroment... (hard to ignore the warfare, terrorism, abductions and so forth) but for the most part the only reason we see strife or warfare in the place is because Chidori is a "whsipered". Sousuke would never have been assigned to her for protection in the first place, and subsequent events (the plane, the ...well everything) would never have happened.

What im trying to get at is that, even if amaglam (forgot sp?) does get destroyed like we all know it will... chidori's life and sousuke's (well souske's was never "normal") are going to be hard. There will be pieces to pick up for souske (theyre going to have to rebuild mitrhil from the ground up?) and chidori is a whispered. She'll probably have to be monitored for the rest of her life by governments, mithril, or god forbid some other wacked out personalities (mad scientists, terrorist groups). After all whispered play a huge role in countries or groups that want power in the cold war world.

and to the stuff about governments having no power and countries being helpless in the face of amaglam, what i want to point out is that Mitrhil when it was still around, was exactly what kept countries from being randomly wiped out by terrorists. And so far it worked, because people hardly knew about it, be it terrorists (average) or common folks. Amaglam is a distinction, but thats because theyre probably one of the few powers that could rival mithril. Eventually though if amaglam is defeated and destroyed completely, then two of the largest powers that kept the balance of power between coutnries would cease to exist. And so while mithril is being rebuilt other powers would come into play...governments? other terroists? etc.
shiznet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen