AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite female Bleach character!
Kuchiki Rukia 226 23.76%
Inoue Orihime 116 12.20%
Shihouin Yoruichi 248 26.08%
Soi Fong (2nd Squad Captain) 62 6.52%
Matsumoto Rangiku (10th Squad Lieutenant) 64 6.73%
Kotetsu Isane (4th Squad Lieutenant) 9 0.95%
Hinamori Momo (5th Squad Lieutenant) 42 4.42%
Ise Nanao (8th Squad Lieutenant) 25 2.63%
Kurotsuchi Nemu (12th Squad Lieutenant) 21 2.21%
Kusajishi Yachiru (11th Squad Lieutenant) 36 3.79%
Unohana Retsu (4th Squad Captain) 15 1.58%
Shiba Kuukaku 18 1.89%
Kotetsu Kiyone 1 0.11%
Arisawa Tatsuki 25 2.63%
Kurosaki Yuzu 1 0.11%
Kurosaki Karin 4 0.42%
Tsumugiya Ururu 3 0.32%
Honshou Chizuru 4 0.42%
Other 31 3.26%
Voters: 951. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-03, 20:48   Link #241
DM-Dragon

I like Matsumoto Rangiku because she's usually carefree and also pretty^^. She's really nice too. She is devoted to her captain and all... even though she doesn't do so much work, it's better to have a person who trusts you on your side~!
Old 2008-10-04, 09:15   Link #242
Scarlett_Rain55

Oh my gosh, why is Yoruichi so popular? I don't understand, all she does is be bad ass.
Old 2008-10-05, 02:59   Link #243
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Oh my gosh, why is Yoruichi so popular? I don't understand, all she does is be bad ass.
Not many girls do this, it's not so easy, take Orihime that's trying to be bad ass from so long and she is still not successing, so yeah.
Old 2008-10-05, 03:45   Link #244
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
That is EXACTLY what's so awesome about her

Those girlie girls are a dime a dozen. A woman who can own some serious ass in a fight is HOT!
Old 2008-10-05, 06:20   Link #245
Moonbattery

Location: At the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, and the beginning of every end
Really enjoy how Kusajishi Yachiru is not only light on her feet but also quick to give out nicknames to anyone.

Old 2008-10-05, 08:08   Link #246
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

Those girlie girls are a dime a dozen. A woman who can own some serious ass in a fight is HOT!
I think Unohana matches her in the department, if not more.
Old 2008-10-05, 08:49   Link #247
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Too bad she is such a ho, why is she hitting on 16 year old boys, when she has a man? LOL
Old 2008-10-05, 09:22   Link #248
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

I voted a while ago, actually....
Hmmm... I don't have an absolute favourite and it was hard to decide. I like Rukia, Risa, Yoruichi... and Nemu... and Neliel... and Halibel... xD But my vote was for Rukia.
Old 2008-10-05, 09:37   Link #249
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

where is Urahara?? he rocks. and also the most emo man Kuchki Byakuya
Old 2008-10-05, 09:48   Link #250
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
Those are guys....
Old 2008-10-05, 09:49   Link #251
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
LOL. Last time Yoruichi checked... Urahara and Byakuya both were men.
Old 2008-10-05, 15:07   Link #252
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Too bad she is such a ho, why is she hitting on 16 year old boys, when she has a man? LOL
She's not hitting on him, she's flirting with Ichigo because she knows he's young and inexperienced *cough* VIRGIN *cough* and she gets a kick out of seeing him blush. If you think she's ACTUALLY hitting on him to get in his pants you got a lot to learn. I'm pretty sure Urahara would think it's hilarious too.

And Unohana is just as bad ass as Yoruichi she just keeps that shit locked up tight. Ever seen how the men in the show cower in fear just at the thought of pissing her off? One raised eyebrow and they're out of there like a shot.
Old 2008-10-05, 16:06   Link #253
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:

True, acceptance of the first idea leads to the dominance of a single system -- in anime cutsey, illogical, ditsy and sentimental girls tend to outnumber strong, inexpressive brutes who "kick ass". And I say good! Girls are not guys! And why should they be? Guys make stupid decisions and resolve matters with senseless violence, mostly fueled by hormones. Of course, while that stereotype might even backed by scientifc fact, viewing pleasure comes first. SO stereotypes are overturned and interconverted. But let's face it -- in most anime -- the coolest character is always a guy. With the exception of Revy from Black Lagoon and a few others, so anime directors have yet to master the "cool" female for the most part. They just end up being guys with boobs and long hair. Which is a shame, why can't there be more characters like Lenalee () from D. Gray man who oozes femininity, yet is clearly lethal, classy and strong minded. That in my mind is what constitutes a hot "fighting" female.

Caveat: This is just my opinion, since I feel the appeal of women who fight is leading to cross gendering. I freely admit to being an anime sexist and fully support guys to be guys and girls to keep doing what they've been doing. Join me fellow... *interrupted by projectile tomatoes and...throwing knifes!* *run!*
Old 2008-10-05, 16:24   Link #254
Langus
Optimus Prime

*head shake* I see you've never taken a co-ed MMA class. NOTHING is hotter than a girl who can kick ass and look hot and girlie while doing it. I think you're being a bit dismissive of the whole lot though. I'd hardly say they're just guys with boobs and long hair. The creators of Bleach are on the right track with Yoruichi. There's nothing manly about her!
Old 2008-10-05, 17:25   Link #255
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
*head shake* I see you've never taken a co-ed MMA class. NOTHING is hotter than a girl who can kick ass and look hot and girlie while doing it.
It's not so hot when she kicks your ass in a hot and girly way.

Quote:
I think you're being a bit dismissive of the whole lot though. I'd hardly say they're just guys with boobs and long hair. The creators of Bleach are on the right track with Yoruichi. There's nothing manly about her!
To the unaware, my above post was purposefully tongue-in-cheek for entertainment. So I'd agree that touches of manliness to a girl can be somewhat hot, like Rukia's voice. My god how cool would it be to have a girlfriend with a voice like that? Although Yoruichi's cat form is manly, it did provide a funny suprise when she showed up naked. So yes, Yoruichi is hot. But give the peace loving girls a chance, they're hot too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Not many girls do this, it's not so easy, take Orihime that's trying to be bad ass from so long and she is still not successing, so yeah.
You seem to think Orihme lives in some kind of microcosm where she trains to be cool. Firstly, that reflects badly on your understanding of Orihime as whole -- so I wonder why anyone should trust your judgement concerning her at all? Secondly the bad ass are only bad ass because they're surrounded by non-bad asses. In other words Rukia wouldn't seem as strong and independent if we didn't have Orihime to contrast her to. Nor would she be if there were dozens of similar types to her appearing within a similar time frame. If that were the case, she'd then become the norm.
Old 2008-10-05, 18:05   Link #256
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
It's not so hot when she kicks your ass in a hot and girly way.
*head pat* You obviously haven't been educated in the awesomeness that is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Go watch a clip on YouTube or a UFC fight and tell me you wouldn't want to be in her guard. Sometimes there are distinct advantages to letting them win.
Old 2008-10-06, 06:28   Link #257
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i did not read the title. lol....nyway i really badly wanna see Yachiru fight. she is going to be one badass. you know anyone who messes with her has messed with the 11th squad and her. i'm sure she could take care of most of the people by herself. just like Unohana. you know when she battles she will distroy the other person.
Old 2008-10-06, 07:36   Link #258
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

UFC... lulz... crap, I think I peed myself...
Old 2008-10-06, 09:39   Link #259
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
You seem to think Orihme lives in some kind of microcosm where she trains to be cool. Firstly, that reflects badly on your understanding of Orihime as whole -- so I wonder why anyone should trust your judgement concerning her at all? Secondly the bad ass are only bad ass because they're surrounded by non-bad asses. In other words Rukia wouldn't seem as strong and independent if we didn't have Orihime to contrast her to. Nor would she be if there were dozens of similar types to her appearing within a similar time frame. If that were the case, she'd then become the norm.
I knew I'd annoy you.
I understand Orihime in my own way so no need to pretend you know her best just because you love her. Admirers are not always right. Haters are not always right either. Accept it.
I'm not comparing Rukia to anyone-even if she is surrounded by bad-ass, she still would be. I'm not saying that would not be normal-if there are only bad asses around Rukia does NOT make her less bad ass, it just looks normal.
So if Yoruichi and Rukia work as a team, they'd not look badass because they both ARE in fact? What's that logic?
Old 2008-10-07, 17:07   Link #260
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
I knew I'd annoy you.
I understand Orihime in my own way so no need to pretend you know her best just because you love her. Admirers are not always right. Haters are not always right either. Accept it.
Look over my post carefully and you'll realise that I didn't comment on any particular bias you may or may not have. I'm saying your point is specious at best which highlights how many holes there are in your understanding of her character. Another thing, presenting side A and side B and leaving it at that implies that both sides hold equal weight, but that's rarely the case.

You commented that -- "she's been trying to be kick ass for a while now" -- when it has already been established that one of her core principles is pacifism. So my main point is, if you don't get her basic beliefs, your attempts to slander her become a bit inane. Since you're not slandering her, but someone else.

Quote:
I'm not comparing Rukia to anyone-even if she is surrounded by bad-ass, she still would be. I'm not saying that would not be normal-if there are only bad asses around Rukia does NOT make her less bad ass, it just looks normal. So if Yoruichi and Rukia work as a team, they'd not look badass because they both ARE in fact? What's that logic?
Yeah, well I peer at Aizen dragging Rukia around by a collar... and Rukia doesn't seem so bad ass anymore. Can you call someone who's being treated like a bitch, in both senses of the word -- bad ass? Perceptual mind tricks work, as much as they shouldn't. Same applies to your last example. Team up against Aizen, honorary suicide*. Team up against mindless drones, kick ass. I don't dispute that they both are FACT awesome.

*Not to say that honorary suicide is feeble or anything, but from a strictly objective stand point, they're won't be kicking much ass.
Closed Thread