AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-03-21, 14:59   Link #241
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So I wonder who's going to get thrown under the bus when this is all over. People are going to want someone to blame for the deaths.
In the US that will be Pence. I mean, he is responsible for the reaction to the Corona virus so if the US deaths go like above 10k or even further he will be blamed by Trump and consorts and replaced with a new VP for election.
Old 2020-03-21, 15:40   Link #242
monir
cho~ kakkoii

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

This is a great article which shows simulation to how a virus can spread in different scenarios.

Case in point, NY added 3000 cases overnight.

Also, this article is for anyone who suffers from hypertension and takes blood pressure medication. Not good at all.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 17:29   Link #243
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Masterful. Thank you!!!

My spin is that our president is a stand-up comedian, especially when comedy is hard to come by these days. They are throwing stats like as many as million infected in NY by the middle of April. And 5-10 million jobs lost in that same duration. I need the laugh.
Let me spin this too

I have more faith in our governors and mayors (and I hate Gov Kemp to the fifth power) then that fool in charge or anybody in charge (I wish we can replace everybody in the Senate right now). Heck, they didn't even pass a bill to help out citizens and business, it been almost two weeks now. Still, don't have any tests yet and other stuff. He is the leader of the free world, it just crazy.

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2020-03-21 at 17:41.
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 17:45   Link #244
Psyco Diver

Well call me shocked

https://news.yahoo.com/chinas-corona...sf_akfmevaatca

Honestly I would not be surprised if they did lie but then again I wouldn't be surprised if these "whistleblowers" were lying also
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 18:38   Link #245
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Honestly I would not be surprised if they did lie but then again I wouldn't be surprised if these "whistleblowers" were lying also
I see no whistleblowers here at all. Yahoo simply copy/pasted a note from caixin global which is openly a chinese news outlet. Does somebody here think the news media in china would openly oppose the government narrative? IMO this is an example of china setting the stage for less a less than optimal return to normalcy. The simple truth is that after 2 or 3 months of no work, many business will go bankrupt. A countries economy is no different from a living being, stay in bed for three months and even if the doctor says you have beat the flu, the road to the normal you remember might take rehabilitation for months.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 18:43   Link #246
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
In the US that will be Pence. I mean, he is responsible for the reaction to the Corona virus so if the US deaths go like above 10k or even further he will be blamed by Trump and consorts and replaced with a new VP for election.
Not "if", "when".
And if the US has only 10k deaths, it should consider itself lucky.
Old 2020-03-21, 19:08   Link #247
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The simple truth is that after 2 or 3 months of no work, many business will go bankrupt. A countries economy is no different from a living being, stay in bed for three months and even if the doctor says you have beat the flu, the road to the normal you remember might take rehabilitation for months.
Pretty much this. It is a total pipe dream to think that normality would ever resume so soon after this for any country's economy. The CCP is burying their heads into the sand if they believe in going back to the same "normal" right after the country suffered such disruption. You don't expect one to run ASAP after being kept to bed for recovery's sake during a while.

In French-speaking circles, we know the song "Tout va très bien, Madame la Marquise" as a way to express sarcasm criticizing one's blindness towards a dire situation and a clumsy effort to hide the truth. So far, that applies in any government that does not publicly acknowledge facts to people who need those, and the worst thing is that many "top" countries are burying their heads into the sand.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 20:55   Link #248
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Not "if", "when".
And if the US has only 10k deaths, it should consider itself lucky.
Trump’s response is a disaster, unmitigated. But even if he’d done everything right I think the death toll would be far higher than 10K in this first wave and the one to follow. That’s just the reality of how bad this thing is and will be.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 21:45   Link #249
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
What the gov gonna do on the poor? Going Henry Kissinger on them?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...fw1Onpj4cZhyhE
Old 2020-03-21, 21:55   Link #250
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What the gov gonna do on the poor? Going Henry Kissinger on them?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...fw1Onpj4cZhyhE
Probably something similar to how the Chinese handled it. Wrap up the body in a bright colored body bags when they die. And when they run out of body bags, just let the bodies lay there in a way they don't impede the sidewalk until they are collected for incineration. Plenty of those videos out of China can be found.
Old 2020-03-21, 22:01   Link #251
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Yeah umm did you read the last few paragraphs of that article, which state that the link between ACE inhibitors and the ACE2 receptor protein on lung endothelium is not proven? I saw this issue a few days ago and the current recommendation remains is that hypertensives should still be drinking their ACE inhibitors, ESPECIALLY because medical comorbids like hypertension remain the biggest risk factors for adverse events due to the virus, alongside advanced age. If the link if ever proven, then we will change our patient's medications accordingly. Heck, most medications used to combat the drug like Chloroquine are off label.

Let's not propagate unproven medical science more than is necessary. I already spend enough time on my off days trying to explain why bananas aren't a cure (any Filipino here knows why this became a local issue), or why ARBs like Losartan are still being investigated and not an approved.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 22:44   Link #252
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I saw this issue a few days ago and the current recommendation remains is that hypertensives should still be drinking their ACE inhibitors, ESPECIALLY because medical comorbids like hypertension remain the biggest risk factors for adverse events due to the virus, alongside advanced age.
That article isn't going to make most people stop taking their hypertension medication. The point of that article was how coronavirus has the potential to fatally affect so many people in this country. We got our fatties, 60% of the population if that stats still hold true, the drug addicts, the bums/homeless and then the many many people with their already compromised immune system from various illnesses, and now add in the folks who have hypertension.

The propagation is only getting started. As someone has already said, 10000 death is the lowest number possible for US if we are very very very lucky. And it's not looking like we're going to be lucky!
Old 2020-03-21, 23:17   Link #253
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
That article isn't going to make most people stop taking their hypertension medication. The point of that article was how coronavirus has the potential to fatally affect so many people in this country. We got our fatties, 60% of the population if that stats still hold true, the drug addicts, the bums/homeless and then the many many people with their already compromised immune system from various illnesses, and now add in the folks who have hypertension.

The propagation is only getting started. As someone has already said, 10000 death is the lowest number possible for US if we are very very very lucky. And it's not looking like we're going to be lucky!
There are a lot of people/idiots out there who will take this at face value and stop their ACEIs. I've seen too many patients do this on too many medications. 1 patient who stops their meds because they believe that potential = confirmed is 1 patient too many.
Old 2020-03-21, 23:27   Link #254
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
That article isn't going to make most people stop taking their hypertension medication.
If you mean most people on this message board, I want to think you are right. But if you mean in general, I would bet there are many people out there on social networks who receive a link to the article and stop taking their med "until the coronavirus goes away".

I mean, the amount of stupid people that comes to light due to this pandemic, I have read many moronic comments online and I expect to see many news about people losing their lives due to stupid decisions the whole year.

As an example, the president of my country seems to think it is ok for people to continue working as usual, he even advocates hugs and kisses. This feels more and more like a bad end -_-;
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-22, 00:09   Link #255
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Both of you're probably right. Alex Jones and the pastor from Florida were selling nano-silver as cure for corona. They apparently had huge order queues until several state attorney saw the need to intervene.

Stay safe, Meo!
Old 2020-03-22, 03:52   Link #256
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yeah umm did you read the last few paragraphs of that article, which state that the link between ACE inhibitors and the ACE2 receptor protein on lung endothelium is not proven? I saw this issue a few days ago and the current recommendation remains is that hypertensives should still be drinking their ACE inhibitors, ESPECIALLY because medical comorbids like hypertension remain the biggest risk factors for adverse events due to the virus, alongside advanced age. If the link if ever proven, then we will change our patient's medications accordingly. Heck, most medications used to combat the drug like Chloroquine are off label.

Let's not propagate unproven medical science more than is necessary. I already spend enough time on my off days trying to explain why bananas aren't a cure (any Filipino here knows why this became a local issue), or why ARBs like Losartan are still being investigated and not an approved.
You all are using chloroquine in the Philipines?
Old 2020-03-22, 04:58   Link #257
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You all are using chloroquine in the Philipines?
Adjuvant therapy. We're using the antivirals as first line. There's some talk of having PUMs and self-quarantine patients to do Chloroquine at home.
Old 2020-03-22, 08:13   Link #258
Key Board
Carbon

I just learned that my aunt’s pastor attended a church leader conference despite covid19 warnings , and since than all 20+ people have been inflected.

Additionally, he is now dead, his wife is dead, and he may have infected hundreds when he performed oil anointment on the masses after that conference

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-22, 08:36   Link #259
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I just learned that my aunt’s pastor attended a church leader conference despite covid19 warnings , and since than all 20+ people have been inflected.

Additionally, he is now dead, his wife is dead, and he may have infected hundreds when he performed oil anointment on the masses after that conference

//
Incidentally a local cult is also doing something similar with services and door to door member collections.

The tithes must flow!
Old 2020-03-22, 09:17   Link #260
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

//
Our next door neighbor is a fanatic who attends her church every weekend including today, and the worst part is my aunt who lives with us is close friends with her and is constantly visiting her. If she catches it surely so will all of us, I'm terrified.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote