AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 30.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-17, 13:30   Link #241
Wandering Soul

Noukan should've had Aleister delete those files in case he lost. Keeping them around does more harm than good.
Old 2016-04-17, 17:01   Link #242
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

New update again.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 18:10   Link #243
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Oh boy; lol Touma is acting more and more like a chessmaster! lol Kamisato is going along with the plan they set up. Salome might/is some nasty girl. Shit is going down this Volume.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 20:01   Link #244
DragonXX

So far this voulme have took place over Dec.4-5 so Kamachi may not do anything which Krampus because Dec.5 is call Krampus Night and Dec.6 is call St. Nicholas Day.

Touma at this rate is going to have to beat Mikoto up before this Story Arc is over.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 20:49   Link #245
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Let me address the point about Touma neglecting Mikoto. Please explain to me how he can reasonably avoided this. The novel insinuates that what is happening to Mikoto is a result of a lack of communication between Mikoto and Touma.

Someone said that this emotional trauma is caused by Touma keeping Mikoto at an arm's distance. But in fact, it's the exact opposite. It's caused by Mikoto half-heartedly trying to keep Touma within arm's length. With the exception of the Sister's Arc, every unanswered question she has is a result of her trying to barge into Touma's life. Go on an arc-by-arc basis and you can see exactly this. She has become way too dependent on Touma and as such is trying to keep within an arm's reach of him.

Touma is completely unaware of this despite it happening right within his sight but at the same time, he has no opportunity to be aware of this at all. This is not the kind of thing that could ever have been solved by Touma completely opening up to Mikoto. Even if it was, opening up to someone is not something people easily do. People have mental barriers that prevent them from divulging everything. At the same time, this isn't the kind of thing that one would easily just talk about. I highly doubt that Touma would talk about everything that has happened to him unless he was prompted to. This is pretty damn evident throughout the novels. Meanwhile, this is where Mikoto would come in. She could get him to start talking simply by asking. Yet, she doesn't. Time after time, she doesn't. She simply goes on in this half-assed attempt hoping that she can get answers without putting anything forward and it's incredibly hypocritical considering how she has acted before.

TL;DR: This is her problem and hers alone. There is nothing Touma could have done to prevent this on his own.
Old 2016-04-17, 20:55   Link #246
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Misaka had yet to reach Misaki's level. I do hope to see Misaki soon again. I miss her.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2016-04-17, 20:56   Link #247
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Let me address the point about Touma neglecting Mikoto. Please explain to me how he can reasonably avoided this. The novel insinuates that what is happening to Mikoto is a result of a lack of communication between Mikoto and Touma.

Someone said that this emotional trauma is caused by Touma keeping Mikoto at an arm's distance. But in fact, it's the exact opposite. It's caused by Mikoto half-heartedly trying to keep Touma within arm's length. With the exception of the Sister's Arc, every unanswered question she has is a result of her trying to barge into Touma's life. Go on an arc-by-arc basis and you can see exactly this. She has become way too dependent on Touma and as such is trying to keep within an arm's reach of him.

Touma is completely unaware of this despite it happening right within his sight but at the same time, he has no opportunity to be aware of this at all. This is not the kind of thing that could ever have been solved by Touma completely opening up to Mikoto. Even if it was, opening up to someone is not something people easily do. People have mental barriers that prevent them from divulging everything. At the same time, this isn't the kind of thing that one would easily just talk about. I highly doubt that Touma would talk about everything that has happened to him unless he was prompted to. This is pretty damn evident throughout the novels. Meanwhile, this is where Mikoto would come in. She could get him to start talking simply by asking. Yet, she doesn't. Time after time, she doesn't. She simply goes on in this half-assed attempt hoping that she can get answers without putting anything forward and it's incredibly hypocritical considering how she has acted before.

TL;DR: This is her problem and hers alone. There is nothing Touma could have done to prevent this on his own.
I don't think her current predicament could have been avoided even with open communication lines. Her problem is the belief that she can't stand on the same stage as Touma due to her lack of power compared to the enemy he faces, whether this is true or not is debatable. Would she really cheer up if she knew his enemies were gods and her powers wouldn't have meant anything to begin with? As far as she knows, her level 5 powers are all she brings to the table. At least, that's how I see it. Her upcoming possession of AAA draws a parallel to ZW, Kamachi's other work. She's attempting to overcome the monsters Touma faces by becoming an even bigger monster.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 21:14   Link #248
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

lol More content is up!

Oh damn Touma might want to get revenge again just like how he and thor did before.

Old 2016-04-17, 21:33   Link #249
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
He could have pushed her away at any time, but it would be out of character for Touma the Harem Accepter.

Quote:
She's attempting to overcome the monsters Touma faces by becoming an even bigger monster.
The many possible routes this could take (Mikoto meeting a despair-driven death, getting the biggest IDTI of her life, and actually succeeding what getting what she wants, among others) makes me wonder what exactly is Kamachi planning for Mikoto.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 21:50   Link #250
zaikoi

Spoiler for Accelerator vs Salome [Start of the battle]:
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 21:52   Link #251
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The story could have ended if Accelerator was angry enough to literally dismantle her.
She's a bit lucky for that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-04-17, 22:25   Link #252
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Chapter 3: Conversion, or a Change of Viewpoint — Not_Fiend, Not_Enemy. Parts 1-4

It would be too out of character to push Mikoto out of the way, though given how persistent she gets when she forces her way in, I highly doubt he'd be able to.

Spoiler for Reactions:

Well, I honestly can't tell if this is all part of an act or if he's dead serious...
Old 2016-04-17, 22:31   Link #253
entei08

It would make less sense for Mikoto to just go: alright then, I'm bailing.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:36   Link #254
The One Above God
Kamijou

Spoiler for Ch2-Between the lines; Ch3-pt1-4:

Chapter 3 so far felt...heavy... With all these things going around, this is definitely the part in the volume where things finally start to get crazy.

Anyway, I can't say I didn't see that twist coming in part 4. Touma shouldn't have trusted Kakeru so readily. That guy's crazy. Seeing how much he understands Kakeru's thinking in the first part, he should have remained more vigilant instead of thinking the guy would just quietly pretend to get beaten up. Though Kakeru is still injured so he'll pretty much lose to Touma in a 1v1 normal fistfight. I want to see how Touma gets himself out of that one. Also, looks like the spoiler about Touma having mostly SoL this volume is untrue.

By the way, I find it interesting that Touma immediately noticed that something's off with Mikoto. Girl's gone pretty crazy with all that "as long as it's useful" muttering. Just as some have said, Mikoto is too obsessed with "catching up" or standing in the same field as Touma. It's understandable that she doesn't just want to sit around and be protected, but all she's done so far is get herself in more danger by butting her head in things unrelated to her all because she doesn't want to lose sight of Touma's back. Again, understandable but pretty stupid.

She doesn't really have to "catch up" to him in any way, as far as I can see. Chasing him only brings more trouble to him and to herself. Just as High Priest has said, Mikoto is a burden as she is. Instead of trying to fight in the same field as him, she should just do what she is able to in the place she's standing on at the moment. We've seen that Touma tend to keep things to himself, but that's because he doesn't want to involve those who shouldn't get involved. He doesn't unnecessarily involve others unless they are related in some way to the problem or unless he's confronted about it.

In a sense, Touma is like a King in chess. He can technically move anywhere he wants, but is limited of what he can do because of the abilities he has. The best he can do is move accordingly to the situation and use what he has to achieve the best outcome possible despite having so little range of movement. Meanwhile, Mikoto is like a bishop. Great range that comes with her strong and versatile ability as a Level 5 Electromaster, but little freedom in the grand scheme of things. Assuming that she''s on a white tile, what she wants is to be able to stand on the black tile; to essentialy be a queen with great range and freedom. She wants to be able to be able to step on the black tile like the King and likewise be able to move in all directions--something which is impossible for she is a bishop on a white tile who can only move diagonally on other white tiles. She wants to break the rules and "stand on the same stage" as the King instead of doing what she does best which is moving along the diagonal lane of white tiles.

The point is, Mikoto is "breaking the rules" by trying to "stand on the black tile". The moment she does exactly that, she becomes something else than a bishop. Something which is not like anything. It can be argued that she'd be like a queen, but she's not. She's a bishop and the only way to fix things once that happens is to either bring her back to being a bishop, or by removing her from the game, along with her team or maybe even the game itself. Having Mikoto step on the black tile will only bring trouble, and I am very much excited to see how the inevitable anomaly is dealt with.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"

Last edited by The One Above God; 2016-04-18 at 00:51.
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:36   Link #255
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Well, I honestly can't tell if this is all part of an act or if he's dead serious...
Considering his resignation over the actions of his faction members, it's more likely that he stopped giving a rat's ass over Salome's actions. "Just let her do what she wants. Give her everything she needs to accomplish her objective."

EDIT: It's a different kind of irresponsibility compared to Touma's, but a show or irresponsibility nonetheless.

Old 2016-04-17, 22:38   Link #256
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I forgot to mention when I read the BTL for Chapter 2 but...

Quote:
“I did get into it, but all I found was a virtual Doberman figurine, a collection of a Great Pyrenees links, a digital handshake ticket for a District 15 Tosa idol, and data for a St. Bernard body pillow that could be ordered with a single click. Yeah, so I thought digging any deeper would be a violation of romance…”
Noukan, you lewd dog.
Old 2016-04-17, 23:06   Link #257
zaikoi

Spoiler for Everyone is forgetting something?:
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 23:09   Link #258
Wandering Soul

Misaka has snapped. I get that she wants to stand on the same stage as Touma, but she has pretty much based all her self worth on that wish. Now it seems like she is willing to throw away everything that makes her who she is, all just so she can stand beside him.
Old 2016-04-18, 00:00   Link #259
LevelSeven

Actually, salome is partially wrong,

Of all people she, as magician should know that belief in idols combined with hard wirk CAN change human, im sure people who are with literal saints have a higher and easier chance becoming close to one themselfes instead of people who are hanging areound drug adficts and criminals :/

Btw, am i the only one who thought accels behavior was strange? I guess it required him to be like that otherwise plot wouldnt happen but usually he doesnt rip a arm off for people mentioning the possible existence of LO i would say the move-point-girl did more stuff that can anger him still got less punishment and this whole stuff happened with a supposedly more aggressive accel or nitrogen-spear-girl :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 00:12   Link #260
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Is it me, or is this volume simply the best thing ever?
I'm joking, but I'm genuinely impressed
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote