Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-07-25, 17:38   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Even worse, it seems like Fox has gone out of its way at every opportunity to make sure they degrade the absolute number one best villain you'd want to use from a FF IP standpoint. How in the hell do you mess up a technomagical, megalomaniacal despot with an iron mask? Much less twice?
Pretty unbelievable how badly they've messed up Doctor Doom. How do you screw this guy up so badly? The first time was bad, but not as bad as they could have done. That was saved for the latest movie....wow. You have to hate a character to do that to them. This is like beyond even Raimi hating Venom level of annihilation.

Though I think they could still rehabilitate Doctor Doom on his own along with some other villains.

I just wonder what they are going to do with the F4 and if they will just wait until the last minute and make yet another movie.
Old 2016-07-29, 00:00   Link #242
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Pretty unbelievable how badly they've messed up Doctor Doom. How do you screw this guy up so badly? The first time was bad, but not as bad as they could have done. That was saved for the latest movie....wow. You have to hate a character to do that to them. This is like beyond even Raimi hating Venom level of annihilation.

Though I think they could still rehabilitate Doctor Doom on his own along with some other villains.

I just wonder what they are going to do with the F4 and if they will just wait until the last minute and make yet another movie.
Raimi Venom was Shakespeare compared to Fant4stic Doom. When you can make people pine for the days when we just had the Nip/Tuck guy version to kick around, you know you've really shit the bed.

I think it's that they think the premise of his comic book version is too hokey. "Who wants to see our heroes fight an evil despot of a tiny fictional European country?" is what they must have running through their heads. Meanwhile, Marvel shoots a "tiny fictional European country" half into orbit and makes a billion dollars off of it.

FF is doomed until Marvel gets the rights back, or at least gets to start calling the shots. Sony got Spider-Man right for a movie and a half, and then screwed him up so badly they went running to Marvel, who promptly and perfectly unf**ked the character in only twenty minutes of tacked-on story in someone else's movie. Now Sony gets to reap the rewards of having him done right. Make the call, Fox.
Old 2016-07-29, 09:37   Link #243
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
FF is doomed until Marvel gets the rights back, or at least gets to start calling the shots. Sony got Spider-Man right for a movie and a half, and then screwed him up so badly they went running to Marvel, who promptly and perfectly unf**ked the character in only twenty minutes of tacked-on story in someone else's movie. Now Sony gets to reap the rewards of having him done right. Make the call, Fox.
I'd say they got 3 Spider-Man movies right. 1, 2, and Amazing 1. Everyone knows how bad 3 was, and Amazing 2 had potential but they tried too hard to rush the story into dead Gwen/Sinister Six territory. They don't seem to comprehend that you can take your time and not kill off a major character/characters every movie.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 16:18   Link #244
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say they got 3 Spider-Man movies right. 1, 2, and Amazing 1. Everyone knows how bad 3 was, and Amazing 2 had potential but they tried too hard to rush the story into dead Gwen/Sinister Six territory. They don't seem to comprehend that you can take your time and not kill off a major character/characters every movie.
I won't argue with you about 2. I didn't like the ending (largely for the same reason you apparently didn't like Amazing 2), but that's a matter of preference. But both of the "Amazing" movies were anything but. The same bilious taste of the Ultimateverse that condemned Fant4stic to bad writing and overwrought developments was all over both of those movies. Just adapt the original source material. Is that so hard? Captain America had the old fashioned heart of a movie nearly from the time period it portrayed, and the only people who didn't like it—or at least consider it a success at reaching its goal—were mental 14-year-olds who don't want to be "subjected" to anything that might be from a year with a "19" in front of it.
Old 2016-08-11, 00:19   Link #245
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will say that the ambition for Thor:Ragnarok is putting it up there as a movie I can't wait to see next year. Thor, Hulk, Surtur, Hela, etc.

If they can make all this work then it will do more than just blow the other Thor movies out the window. I do think that it is great that they are willing to go much more ambitious than with the other Thor films. Forget about Earth and really focus on the more incredible aspect of Thor's domain. No longer like the first Thor movie where they were uncomfortable even treating Thor's powers as magical. Trying to say "oh no, it's just super advanced technology." Now....we're going to have Thor and Hulk fighting ungodly powerful beings.
Old 2016-08-29, 04:03   Link #246
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-08-29, 13:20   Link #247
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I caught that yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. I'm glad Marvel can have some fun with its characters.
Old 2016-09-15, 22:28   Link #248
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Watching Civil War on Blu Ray at this very moment. Damn if this isn't the perfect superhero movie...
Old 2016-09-16, 08:00   Link #249
GDB

It's really good, but far from perfect. My biggest gripe is with one of the best parts of the movie though.

Spoiler for Not sure if this is still needed, but anyway...:

I'd still say Winter Soldier is the best superhero movie.
Old 2016-09-16, 09:03   Link #250
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
It's really good, but far from perfect. My biggest gripe is with one of the best parts of the movie though.

Spoiler for Not sure if this is still needed, but anyway...:

Steve and Sam already confirmed it, government sealed all way out, leaving Avengers' quintjet as the only option considering the quintjet is the most advanced vehicle they can found.

Tony main idea is convincing Steve to accept the Accord and let both Avengers and government handle Bucky cases, pretty much saying he need Steve alive.
Steve do aware about this as he himself wouldn't mind coming back as long as no government involved (as the chance of Bucky death sentence keep rising as government see it as the most effective way to calm people), hence asking help to retrieve his equipment (as well as Falcon's) as he surely oppose them.

Against Stark who supporting government and capable to pull something like Iron Legion (and to some extent, Ultron), war veterans won't be enough hence recruiting three. At Tony side, he surely noticed from Vision report (as Vision want Wanda to sit and stay still in building by Tony order) that Wanda join Steve side by help from Clint. With that turn of events, surely you want more person to capture Steve and his gang alive, good thing there's some video on Youtube introduced a web-slinging street hero.
Old 2016-09-16, 21:36   Link #251
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
WS is probably #2 for me. I can't even think what would be #3 right now though. Maybe TDK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
...good thing there's some video on Youtube introduced a web-slinging street hero.
Pretty certain that Stark knew about Peter beforehand, but the situation forced his hand.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-09-16 at 21:52.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 03:35   Link #252
AntonKutovoi

Sigourney Weaver confirmed to play the antagonist in Defenders.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 04:55   Link #253
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-10-09, 09:14   Link #254
GDB

Why do I get the feeling Iron Fist won't suit up until the end of the season like Daredevil?
Old 2016-10-10, 17:08   Link #255
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Sigourney Weaver confirmed to play the antagonist in Defenders.
Any suggestions as to who she'll be playing? I'm not as well-versed on the kind of second- or third-tier villains of the Marvel universe they might be going up against, and most of the ones I am familiar with belong to the X-Men, FF, or Spider-Man properties.

Though I am disappointed that it looks like they won't be able to use the opportunity of forming the Defenders to introduce Namor, the last one of the original Defenders who isn't yet in the MCU...
Old 2016-10-10, 17:51   Link #256
GDB

It's probably someone related to the Hand, since they have ties to both Daredevil and Iron Fist.

Also, was Namor a Defender? I thought he was an Invader. Though I suppose he could be both...
Old 2016-10-10, 18:10   Link #257
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
It's probably someone related to the Hand, since they have ties to both Daredevil and Iron Fist.

Also, was Namor a Defender? I thought he was an Invader. Though I suppose he could be both...
He, Hulk, and Strange originated the team. He was probably both, though. He's not as bad as Wolverine, but everyone in Marvel changes team affiliations like they change underwear.
Old 2016-10-10, 18:43   Link #258
GDB

Oh right, that team. Odd that I forgot they were the Defenders when I knew they teamed up.

Invaders was the WWII team of Captain America, Bucky, Namor, Human Torch, and Toro.
Old 2016-10-20, 09:32   Link #259
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Logan Trailer is now out.

Old 2016-10-20, 09:37   Link #260
B214

This definitely feel different from a superhero film, not that i mind it.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe