AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2017-09-05, 04:45   Link #241
Key Board
Carbon

Unfortunately, there's a difference of opinion

A) Things became like this because the US was TOO SOFT on North Korea, and this lead it to eventually progress this far. It's time GET SERIOUS about North Korea. Use force if necessary

B) Things became like this because the US continuously agitated North Korea, with missile defense, joint border practices, economic sanctions and most recently responding to threats by Trump
(note: this constant agitation is also something that previous administrations, Democrats included have done)

Trump's base is A)

So it's not just his ego alone
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 15:06   Link #242
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
C.) The Kim line are assholes.

I mean really, China's been treating them relatively well (well, considering how China treats everyone else), and look how grateful they are. The idea that they wouldn't act out without provacation is far fetched to say the least.

It is much like Muslim Extremism . Yea, no doubt the great powers made the problem worse but at the same time a quick look at their ideology makes it pretty obvious that they do not want peace to begin with and what they really want is an excuse to start shit.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 15:53   Link #243
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Because they are the ones who sold nuclear tech to NK just like the US sold nuclear tech to Israel in a different decade. In the end, two monsters have been created, and so the responsibility rests and will continue to stick with the countries that created the current situations.
Only, your claim is incorrect. Like the Soviet Union, the Chinese rejected North Korean requests for assistance in developing their nuclear weapons program. China's nuclear-free Korean peninsula program is not just for show. The ones that sold nuclear technology to North Korea were Pakistan and Libya.
Old 2017-09-05, 19:42   Link #244
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Its been maybe 20 years since I looked into this but isn't Isreali's nuclear weapons based on stolen American tech and French designs. Plus I suppose Jewish nuclear scientists that migrated there following World War II. There "we don't have those" nuclear weapons, since they'd rather have them as tactical weapons and a quiet threat to the locals.
Old 2017-09-05, 21:23   Link #245
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
C.) The Kim line are assholes.

I mean really, China's been treating them relatively well (well, considering how China treats everyone else), and look how grateful they are. The idea that they wouldn't act out without provacation is far fetched to say the least.

Saddam's line were assholes too. Removing them from power made things worse. I just want those in charge to think clearly before going America, #### yeah!
Regime change has serious repurcussions

China already offered a solution to the US. It was rejected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=HRwf0qdy_S8

Quote:
It is much like Muslim Extremism . Yea, no doubt the great powers made the problem worse but at the same time a quick look at their ideology makes it pretty obvious that they do not want peace to begin with and what they really want is an excuse to start shit.
Kims are not ideologically or religiously motivated. They are doing this to have weight on the negotiation table.
Aside from abducting a few foreign citizens and an assassination to consolidate power, they have not enacted any jihad equivalent against the US

Muslim extremism has 3 major enablers: Saudi Arabia, Israel, US foreign policy
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 22:26   Link #246
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Sadaam didn't have any wmd and definitely not to bluster around. Invading was flimsy at best.

You are right, it is mostly bluster but it is not like North Korea is just responding out of unfair mistreatment. This is on Un's hands if he wants to survive.

And what about China's head in sand anyways?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-09-05, 22:46   Link #247
AnimeFan188

Kim Jong Un Has A Plan. We Don't, But
Here Are Our Options:

"Things have moved so fast over the last 18 months when it comes to Pyongyang's
nuclear and missile programs that it seems as if many are in denial of just how perilous
the situation has become. Above all else, the summer has underlined one cold and harsh
reality—Kim Jong Un clearly has a plan and the U.S. and its allies clearly don't. But just
because we don't have a clear strategy for taking on the Kim Regime now doesn't mean
we can't come up with one fast, and there are plenty of options left aside from a wide
scale strike on North Korea's nuclear and missile programs or all out war."

See:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...re-our-options
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 23:14   Link #248
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And what about China's head in sand anyways?
For a so-called superpower, they often look clueless as hell when it comes to how they play their role. Being a superpower also sometimes demands that you go hard against "vassal states" that have gone out of line.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2017-09-06 at 00:15.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 23:58   Link #249
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, excluding that, regardless of fault, they will be paying for the consequences.
. I hope they value their northeast

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-09-06, 01:04   Link #250
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I just hope this won't start WW3...
Old 2017-09-06, 07:38   Link #251
AntonKutovoi

To start a WWIII NK would need an allies, who will fight alongside them. While there's a lot of countries that oppose USA and it's allies, no country that wants to live will unite with NK to fight in the war that it can't win. Fun might start somewhere else, though, and in that case NK DEFINITELY will join the party.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 08:26   Link #252
The Green One

If things escalate to the point where a nuke is fired, god forbid, then everyone will just stand by and let NK be destroyed in the nuclear retaliation and rant about how HORRIBLE it is that things came to this and how whoever pressed the retaliation button is a terrible terrible person why privately heaving a sigh of relief that it wasn't them who did it.
Old 2017-09-06, 08:27   Link #253
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I just hope this won't start WW3...
It basically require both NK and USA do something really, really stupid, as a combo.

And for a long time, only NK is doing something stupid. But now we have at least 4 years, if not 8, of having America believably doing something stupid.

Don't forget, WW1 was started when multiple nations made stupid decisions that in hindsight, made no sense. So the risk is always there.
Old 2017-09-06, 18:31   Link #254
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And for a long time, only NK is doing something stupid. But now we have at least 4 years, if not 8, of having America believably doing something stupid.

If we look the issue that way, the US, while W Bush was president, was '' doing something stupid'' for 8 years, and WW3 didn't start over North Korea.
Old 2017-09-07, 01:35   Link #255
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
If we look the issue that way, the US, while W Bush was president, was '' doing something stupid'' for 8 years, and WW3 didn't start over North Korea.
That's only because Bush was busy with a completely different set of stupid wars elsewhere.
Old 2017-09-14, 19:29   Link #256
Wigwams

Yet another NK missile flies over japan.
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20170915_19/
Old 2017-09-14, 20:55   Link #257
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

N. Korea is a nuisance to all countries. It's leader and collaborators need to be put down.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 22:13   Link #258
shadow1296

another one, seriously, just send the military in already, this needs to stop before something happens that can't be undone, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse
Old 2017-09-14, 22:49   Link #259
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
another one, seriously, just send the military in already, this needs to stop before something happens that can't be undone, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse
as long chine keep "defendind" NK no one can do anything, chine fear of "democracy" keep NK doing whatever they want, because for chine is more dangerous have or a puppet controlled country or a "democracy country" than one throwing missiles to everyone side.

china neither don't want take control over NK and neither want to allow any USA friend(even south korea) control it.
Old 2017-09-14, 23:01   Link #260
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
While I agree that Kim is completely nuts, stopping him could be impossible. Granted, all my info is from some facebook videos, but these seem to be the problems: First if a war was started(excuse me, I should say "military conflict"), NK would actually have the upper hand. They could nuke SK and possibly other countries like japan or Guam before the US could do anything about it. Then, there's the logistics of actually moving enough weaponry over to NK in order to be actually effective. Basically, if a war/escalated conflict were to happen, NK has the upper hand.

Which is why I would prefer the second option of a covert operation going in and assassinating the bastard. But that carries its own set of problems. First, we'd have to find a way to set up a suitable replacement leader, or else we get Syria 2.0. And even if someone was found, we have the problem of apparently all NK people are indoctrinated from a young age to hate the US with a passion and wish for its destruction- apparently an effect caused by the US's role in the Korean War. And God forbid that China decides to back up NK in any action... then we really would go into WWIII.

So no matter how you look at it, this is something that the uS cannot win and we're compeltely fucked if things get worse... which they very well might. NK knows it can get away with what its doing because anything else will be setting the stage for millions of deaths that no one wants to be blamed for.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote