AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-10-23, 20:24   Link #241
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
She's voiced by Lynn, so was Kirisu Mafuyu.

Prim and elegant public appearance always countered by living situation of squalor. The best trope.
Also Ayano Yugiri, who admitted she was terrible at doing domestic stuff and was desperate for her boyfriend not to leave her for it .
Old 2022-10-23, 20:39   Link #242
Wandering Soul

So are Suletta and Miorine roommates now or were they rooming for one night? Because if they're roommates now, Suletta is really going to have to pick up the slack when it comes to cleaning.
Old 2022-10-23, 22:02   Link #243
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So are Suletta and Miorine roommates now or were they rooming for one night? Because if they're roommates now, Suletta is really going to have to pick up the slack when it comes to cleaning.
As any proper wife would .

I feel like Suletta should ostensibly be living with Earth House now.
Old 2022-10-25, 05:27   Link #244
Chosen_Hero

Wait... the school doesn't assign dorm rooms for new students, they have to go and find a clique that will let them stay with them?

The more I learn about this school the less it makes any sense.
Old 2022-10-25, 05:43   Link #245
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wait... the school doesn't assign dorm rooms for new students, they have to go and find a clique that will let them stay with them?

The more I learn about this school the less it makes any sense.
It might be harsh but I can imagine such rules under Delling management.

I'm actually blaiming Prospera more for Suletta not being prepared for a lot of things when she entered this school. I mean, what was she thinking? What did she expect? Her daughter surviving this mini corporate jungle without any preparation or Intel?
Old 2022-10-25, 07:38   Link #246
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Wasn't she changing into her uniform in her own room near the beginning of episode 3? I never got the impression she didn't have anywhere to stay or sleep. Just that she didn't have a team to support her in the mech piloting. That she stayed in Miorine's room was just the fact it was getting late and wasn't worth making her way back to her own room? (But then where did those pajamas she was wearing come from? Could they be a spare set of Miorine's?)

Also, Suletta's mom made sure she totally had her own room... and food plan... and guard force watching her every move... you know, by sending her to the school with a Gundam. If you think about it, Suletta was more closely looked after than any other student at the academy!

Best. Mom. Ever.
Old 2022-10-25, 08:01   Link #247
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Wasn't she changing into her uniform in her own room near the beginning of episode 3? I never got the impression she didn't have anywhere to stay or sleep. Just that she didn't have a team to support her in the mech piloting. That she stayed in Miorine's room was just the fact it was getting late and wasn't worth making her way back to her own room? (But then where did those pajamas she was wearing come from? Could they be a spare set of Miorine's?)
It could be it, or it could be not. Until the show shown me that Suletta actually has a place to sleep other than Aerial, the jail or Mio's place, I'll keep that question on my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Also, Suletta's mom made sure she totally had her own room... and food plan... and guard force watching her every move... you know, by sending her to the school with a Gundam. If you think about it, Suletta was more closely looked after than any other student at the academy!

Best. Mom. Ever.
Sule was almost crushed by Guel's Dilanza in episode 1 if not for Miorine grabbing her away. And Sule almost gave up her first exam this episode. Both of those events were out of Prospera & Aerial's involvement or supervision.

And what about Sule not knowing a lot of basic things as Mio pointed out? Sule is supposed to be a second-year student. Not knowing basics is a recipe for academic disaster.
Old 2022-10-25, 14:57   Link #248
Twi

Yeah, I want more details on the school itself because its shady how many flaws it has when you start thinking about it.
Old 2022-10-25, 15:44   Link #249
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, I want more details on the school itself because its shady how many flaws it has when you start thinking about it.
It happens when the setting is bit weirder than the norm

I assume MC's mom also sent a full team of mechanic with her daughter. If not, how can they do the maintenance on the gundam.

If so, does it mean that every student has a team of mechanic with them? If not, how can they have a MS duel?? I would assume the poorer ones, like the ones from Earth , would have no MS because they can't afford the mechanic??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 16:24   Link #250
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If so, does it mean that every student has a team of mechanic with them? If not, how can they have a MS duel?? I would assume the poorer ones, like the ones from Earth , would have no MS because they can't afford the mechanic??
As has been said by some characters before, not all students in the shool are MS pilot candidates. They have like their own majors. For example, Nika's major is mechanic, Sule is pilot and Mio is strategy & management. The girls who talked to Sule in episode 1 said that pilot is an elite major. That means the school most likely has fewer pilot-students & plenty more mechanic-students for example. So it's not a far-fetched idea that each pilot-student needs to recruit some mechanic-students to be his/her crew for exams etc.
Old 2022-10-25, 16:28   Link #251
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As has been said by some of the characters before, not all students in the shool are MS pilot candidates. They have like their own majors. For example, Nika's major is mechanic, Sule is pilot and Mio is strategy & management. The girls who talked to Sule in episode 1 said that pilot is an elite major. That means the school has fewer pilot-students & plenty more mechanic-students for example. So it's not a far-fetched idea that each pilot-student needs to recruit some mechanic-students to be his/her crew.
For exams and tests related to classwork and certifications. Especially when using the school's trainer mobile suits.

But the duel system and other primary company mobile suit exercises appear to be fully backed by the company within the conglomerate. Direct support because you don't want competitors stealing your tech, except when freely shared by Lady Prospera.

What's yet to be seen is how this works with pilots like Chuchu, who are backed by an Earth-bound factory(?) instead of a mobile suit design firm.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 16:29   Link #252
justavisitor

not the exam, but I mean MC has to have full mechanic team just to serve the gundam.

Not everyone has the money I assume. then the dueling game is only for the elite, which I think makes sense?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 16:34   Link #253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
For exams and tests related to classwork and certifications. Especially when using the school's trainer mobile suits.

But the duel system and other primary company mobile suit exercises appear to be fully backed by the company within the conglomerate. Direct support because you don't want competitors stealing your tech, except when freely shared by Lady Prospera.

What's yet to be seen is how this works with pilots like Chuchu, who are backed by an Earth-bound factory(?) instead of a mobile suit design firm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
not the exam, but I mean MC has to have full mechanic team just to serve the gundam.

Not everyone has the money I assume. then the dueling game is only for the elite, which I think makes sense?
Yes, Duel is a different beast from the Exams.

That's where your sponsor-company can directly back you up. But the question is: did Prospera even provide Shin-Sei mechanics for Sule?
Old 2022-10-25, 17:35   Link #254
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's where your sponsor-company can directly back you up. But the question is: did Prospera even provide Shin-Sei mechanics for Sule?
If she didn't, who would repair Ariel after Suletta's last battle with Guel? Ariel suffered considerable damage in that duel.

Anyway, if next time Ariel appears it's fixed, it means Prospera did provide a full team of mechanics for it. We just have to wait and see.
Old 2022-10-25, 17:39   Link #255
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If she didn't, who would repair Ariel after Suletta's last battle with Guel? Ariel suffered considerable damage in that duel.

Anyway, if next time Ariel appears it's fixed, it means Prospera did provide a full team of mechanics for it. We just have to wait and see.
That's precisely why I asked the question now. And it can only be answered by future episodes.
Old 2022-10-26, 02:51   Link #256
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Man, how long does this boring high school drama last? When are we getting to the war and death and destruction?

And I bet the show will forget all about this Chuchu being a horrible human being now.

Suletta being "one of the good ones" also kinda annoying.

Earthians, spacians, seems all the same to me.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 09:27   Link #257
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Man, how long does this boring high school drama last? When are we getting to the war and death and destruction?

And I bet the show will forget all about this Chuchu being a horrible human being now.

Suletta being "one of the good ones" also kinda annoying.

Earthians, spacians, seems all the same to me.
I mean, it seems like the Earthians have genuine grievances against the Spacians and I don't expect Chuchu to forget about that even if she's growing to accept Suletta. It doesn't make her "one of the good ones" but just that Chuchu could relate to her.
Old 2022-10-28, 04:30   Link #258
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Wouldn't these mobile suits have backup cameras or something? Just having one main camera that got took out means these mobile suits will be useless once that happens. But if there were backups then this drama wouldn't happen I guess. Gotta make the character suffer with contrived conditions.
Then again, this has kinda been a design flaw in most mobile suits in the franchise. When the pilots can't see anymore they get taken out and they don't have backups to see again.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 05:04   Link #259
ryllharu

A single camera/sensor suite does seem like a tremendous design flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Then again, this has kinda been a design flaw in most mobile suits in the franchise. When the pilots can't see anymore they get taken out and they don't have backups to see again.
The Mobile Trace System was just too powerful, that's why it hasn't been repeated.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 06:22   Link #260
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Wouldn't these mobile suits have backup cameras or something? Just having one main camera that got took out means these mobile suits will be useless once that happens. But if there were backups then this drama wouldn't happen I guess. Gotta make the character suffer with contrived conditions.
Field Mobile Suits do have either multiple cameras or multiple sensors as backups in case the main-camera (aka. head of MS) got taken out.

In the very first Gundam (1979), Amuro can still see & walk around inside the enemy base after he lost his Gundam head:

But the Suits that Suletta & other students used in this episode (Demi Trainer) probably only have one camera for simplicity's sake since it's just a training unit meant for specific exams.

EDIT:

This is a complete coincidence but the D180223-guy just made a video comparison between Amuro losing his Gundam head & Suletta's Demi Trainer being blinded:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

At 0:29 Mark, you can see that Amuro still get visual feedback even though his Gundam head already got taken out.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2022-10-28 at 11:12.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote