Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-31, 23:57   Link #241
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koguma za View Post
*crosses fingers* star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars buddget,star wars budget!
as awesome as that would be...it would probably be about as much as Dragonball Evoloution and by some twist of fate Shia LaBeouf will play Ichigo.
Old 2010-11-01, 06:13   Link #242
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
These are some western actors I've chosen for Bleach:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

That's it for today lol
Thats a pretty good selection, i can actually see owen wilson making a good urahara and if anything after watching the movie 300 Gerard Butler would make an awesome kenpachi!!!! lol
Old 2010-11-01, 13:08   Link #243
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
*crosses fingers* star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars budget,star wars buddget,star wars budget!
Now that is kinda of push it but if they get the actors for the parts, then you might see the star wars budget. Now, they need to understand that we are tired of see Animated show gets gutted in Hollywood as live-action(The Last Airbender and DBE), so please get it right. Oh I havent heard anything since they came out with the information, so any new information?

BTW, Owen Wilson could play as Kisuke, I can actually picture him like that.
Old 2010-11-01, 14:46   Link #244
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

finally som1 else agrees owen wilson looks like kisuke! but no way is that twilight bitch getting involved in bleach!!!!!!!!!! *steam rises from head*

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-11-01, 16:05   Link #245
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Now that is kinda of push it but if they get the actors for the parts, then you might see the star wars budget. Now, they need to understand that we are tired of see Animated show gets gutted in Hollywood as live-action(The Last Airbender and DBE), so please get it right. Oh I havent heard anything since they came out with the information, so any new information?
The Last Airbender was the best live action movies they ever made now if you guys want Japanese actors then that movie will have to have a really high budget because they have to get many things

A translator
Have money to go to Japan
Have money to travel through Japan
Do lots of research on japan and it's actors
Not to mention the fact you still need money for the actual movie
so yea it isn't easy to do another Karate Kid

Quote:
finally som1 else agrees owen wilson looks like kisuke! but no way is that twilight bitch getting involved in bleach!!!!!!!!!! *steam rises from head*
Another twilight guy could be in Bleach
I always thought James Masters and the dude from Twilight could be good bount character if the decide to do The Bounts
Old 2010-11-06, 02:57   Link #246
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think I just found the perfect guy to play Aizen:
Spoiler for Ryan Reynolds:
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
These are some western actors I've chosen for Bleach:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

That's it for today lol
These are good
Old 2010-11-06, 17:30   Link #247
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

wasent Saoirse Ronan the girl in "City of amber"?

Old 2010-11-08, 08:24   Link #248
toad264

David Spade for Shinji Hirako.
Old 2010-11-09, 08:08   Link #249
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Not because I think she's a great actor, but looks-wise, I would absolutely go for...

Spoiler for Yoruichi:
Old 2010-11-09, 22:00   Link #250
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Yorichi should be played by a black woman
Old 2010-11-15, 06:57   Link #251
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
The Last Airbender was the best live action movies they ever made now if you guys want Japanese actors then that movie will have to have a really high budget because they have to get many things

A translator
Have money to go to Japan
Have money to travel through Japan
Do lots of research on japan and it's actors
Not to mention the fact you still need money for the actual movie
so yea it isn't easy to do another Karate Kid
ummm...actually, i think it would be more expensive to do a hollywood version of the anime with all those highly-paid actors. hiring japanese actors would be the cheaper way to go.

this is a story about the shinigami, there are no such things in western culture unless you would consider the grim reaper or the angel of death. plus the setting is in japan, they are wearing kimonos and using katanas for weapons. if you want to stay faithful to the story and its characters, you need japanese actors. it could be like crouching tiger, hidden dragon. it was produced by hollywood but done by hongkong based filmmakers and actors.

try to check out some of these japanese actors, i think kamenashi kazuya might be a nice fit for ichigo and horikita maki for rukia. i'd rather not have this turned into a live-action movie at all if it's just going to end up like another dragon ball evolution.
Old 2010-11-15, 07:38   Link #252
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
ummm...actually, i think it would be more expensive to do a hollywood version of the anime with all those highly-paid actors. hiring japanese actors would be the cheaper way to go.

this is a story about the shinigami, there are no such things in western culture unless you would consider the grim reaper or the angel of death. plus the setting is in japan, they are wearing kimonos and using katanas for weapons. if you want to stay faithful to the story and its characters, you need japanese actors. it could be like crouching tiger, hidden dragon. it was produced by hollywood but done by hongkong based filmmakers and actors.

try to check out some of these japanese actors, i think kamenashi kazuya might be a nice fit for ichigo and horikita maki for rukia. i'd rather not have this turned into a live-action movie at all if it's just going to end up like another dragon ball evolution.
Well Dragon ball evolution was the lowest cut budget ever and only got minor actors who weren't so expensive.
But you have to admit that getting a Japanese actor is high not just because to hire a Japanese actor, but finding one and communicating is going to be a high cost. But it is possible Karate Kid did it too. Just that Bleach will need better effects, and including all these elements in is why we need a true director, excellent producers, and I suggest somebody from Marvel lives,and others but then Viz is helping out so that is a good thing.
Old 2010-11-15, 09:04   Link #253
ronin myael
lost ronin

dragon ball evolution wasn't exactly cheap. chow yun fat was one of the actors and he's a big star in asia. he starred in crouching tiger, hidden dragon and other such hollywood-produced films. karate kid is not an asian film at all, it was just shot in china and happened to star jackie chan, who is actually a hollywood actor now. the original karate kid wasn't an asian film either. pat morita who played mr. miyagi might have been japanese but he was an american-based japanese actor by the time they did that film.

have you seen any japanese film? they're actually not that bad. akira kurosawa was one of the greatest filmmakers to have come out of japan, even steven spielberg recognized his work that the latter produced some of his films. the anime samurai 7 was based on his movie seven samurai. it's practically a classic. there are others like him.

sure, a live-action movie of bleach would need a big budget for the effects alone, but hiring japanese actors and a japanese director won't be as expensive as hiring a michael bay, steven spielberg or some big shot hollywood director. japanese directors are just as good or even better. if directors like john wu could make successful films like mission impossible, and if someone like ken watanabe could make it big as a hollywood actor, why couldn't hollywood gamble on some unknown japanese actors/directors? why not make this film completely in japanese? there are such things as subtitles. i've been watching anime in its original japanese form with subs for years, most anime fans do. most of the people who'd be watching this film are the fans anyway.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:49   Link #254
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
dragon ball evolution wasn't exactly cheap. chow yun fat was one of the actors and he's a big star in asia. he starred in crouching tiger, hidden dragon and other such hollywood-produced films. karate kid is not an asian film at all, it was just shot in china and happened to star jackie chan, who is actually a hollywood actor now. the original karate kid wasn't an asian film either. pat morita who played mr. miyagi might have been japanese but he was an american-based japanese actor by the time they did that film.

have you seen any japanese film? they're actually not that bad. akira kurosawa was one of the greatest filmmakers to have come out of japan, even steven spielberg recognized his work that the latter produced some of his films. the anime samurai 7 was based on his movie seven samurai. it's practically a classic. there are others like him.

sure, a live-action movie of bleach would need a big budget for the effects alone, but hiring japanese actors and a japanese director won't be as expensive as hiring a michael bay, steven spielberg or some big shot hollywood director. japanese directors are just as good or even better. if directors like john wu could make successful films like mission impossible, and if someone like ken watanabe could make it big as a hollywood actor, why couldn't hollywood gamble on some unknown japanese actors/directors? why not make this film completely in japanese? there are such things as subtitles. i've been watching anime in its original japanese form with subs for years, most anime fans do. most of the people who'd be watching this film are the fans anyway.
But all together it will be expensive that is lot of things needed. I have watched Karate Kid both ways and both were awesome, but they aren't like Bleach were you still needed awesome effects and other stuff after wards

DB Evolution was pretty cheap because out of all the actors out there 2 were Chinese, and that was likely because James Wong is too. Another thing that messed James Wong up was he spent way too much in one department. When he should have just grabbed the whole 100 grand or so on the first movie instead of halving it then not even using it for the big purpose ads. If DB Evolution had more ads and more support it would have made at least a million dollars in the US. Wong just worried about getting actors help when he should have just got all good actors first. Last Airbenders acting was good spite the fact the kid had little experience. (Off track)

(On track)
How much does it cost to go to Japan is another factor that could be made simpler. But yea tou make a valid point even if it would still cost a bunch. Like I said it is possible.

By the way how much does gong Japan cost now compared to going to in Karate Kid days
Old 2011-03-07, 06:36   Link #255
ronin myael
lost ronin

why does hollywood have to step in and ruin japanese manga? they did that with dragon ball and now bleach? then there's the impending akira and death note adaptations. and if they do have to make a live action movie based on those series, why do they have to get western actors to play the parts? bleach is set in japan, so they'll probably change the setting and the names. they can't use the name ichigo, can they? not to mention that the shinigami are very similar to the samurai with their katana and kendo style of fighting. they'll probably change that too. they'd probably give them matrix-looking outfits and swords that look nothing like the original. i know bleach is not as good as it used to be but i'd still feel awkward seeing a non-japanese ichigo onscreen. i have a feeling that the bleach we're going to see would be completely different from the one we're used to. they'd probably just keep the main plot of a teenager suddenly getting shinigami powers, so i doubt they'd go beyond the soul society arc so don't get your hopes up in seeing the vizards and nel and the other arrancars.
Old 2011-03-07, 13:40   Link #256
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

this movie is gonna be shit if they make it weve all agreed on that right?

Old 2011-03-07, 22:55   Link #257
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
this movie is gonna be shit if they make it weve all agreed on that right?
i read in a couple of articles that warner bros. already bought the rights from viz media last year. and i've heard that they've already begun casting. i'm not sure if this is true though.
Old 2011-03-08, 08:11   Link #258
Hisagi_Shuuhei

I would have high hopes for this movie if it would be in japanese and have japanese cast, much like Death Note and Higurashi no naku koro ni.

But i can't imagine an american verison of Bleach, filled with bad acting and bad pronunciation.

That's just doomed to end in disaster. But a good plot would be the soul society arc. Ichigo meets rukia, gets powers, goes to SS and saves rukia. If they just concentrate on that and throws in the while "aizen-betrays-SS-thingy" i think it would be a good plot.
Old 2011-03-08, 08:21   Link #259
Kallen4life

well I know I cringe from the eng-dub of Bleach but hearing familiar hollywood actors might not be so bad .. I'd watch it just as I watched Evolution if only because it'd be so surreal
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-03-08, 08:42   Link #260
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'd watch it out of curiosity and simply to bash it if it sucks! even if familiar hollywood actors play the characters it still wouldn't be bleach. the shinigami are japanese not american. so what would be ichigo's name, eh? ian? isaac? that's dumb! what would they call getsuga tenshou? what about the sword names? zangetsu would be moon slayer? can you imagine the lead actor shouting "moon slayer" to release its powers? and then when they shout bankai, they would say "second release"! stupid! the whole concept of making a westernized version of bleach is stupid! if they pick a japanese cast and remain faithful to the characters then maybe. doing it in english might be a bit of a problem but guys like rain and jay chou, who couldn't speak english, were able to do hollywood movies so it's not impossible to pull off.